your teams characteristics

Hi just a bit of fun hopefully. Using the team comparison tool, I have noticed that all my teams, no matter what division, what country etc etc have certain characteristics. On the overall screen, I just about always have the youngest squad, and when rising through divisions also the lowest wages. But more to the point the ability comparisons. My goalkeepers are always top 5 for handling and reflexes, although kicking and throwing is always low. My defence is always rated low for marking and positioning relatively, but always strong on tackling. However in midfield I'm always rated relatively low for tackling, but always high for technique and passing. And up front, for whatever reason I am always rated low for speed and acceleration, even though I always have one quick striker, but I'm always high for shooting and off the ball.

Do your teams always have the same type of ratings no matter of division, or do you get a mixture?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm usually the youngest team in the league and have the fastest Defense but Marking and positioning is usually poor. Up front I usually have the fastest team and best finishers. I believe speed makes up for many problems..........and usually leads to out of the zone promotions!

I usually have pretty high teamwork, but my work rate stat is always poor..

Which I have to admit confuses me a little. How can you work well as a team but barely work at all

They're both pretty different. Teamwork is how much they pass instead of going alone or follow team instructions , but work rate is the physical running side. It can be quite easy to have one attribute higher than the other , which for me is annoying because I rely heavily on work rate and teamwork in my tactic.

I guess in my eyes they kinda go together in a way, I mean you say work rate is the running side, well if I play fast attacking football, close down often etc, would that not be classed as following team instructions - therefore work rate as well as team work?

There's no point me running loads if I don't do what I'm instructed to do..

I guess in my eyes they kinda go together in a way, I mean you say work rate is the running side, well if I play fast attacking football, close down often etc, would that not be classed as following team instructions - therefore work rate as well as team work?

There's no point me running loads if I don't do what I'm instructed to do..

Yeh I agree that they sort of go hand in hand. The thing is team instructions are quite broad , a player may follow the close down part of it if he has high work rate but if you tell him to play wider , dribble less and take less long shots he may play narrower , dribble more and take long shots. Ultimatley I don't think I've ever seen a player with a big difference in work rate and teamwork attributes.

Workrate is more limited than the term implies. It's mainly a pressing/closing down attribute. Teamwork is also not all-encompassing, applying more to selfishness on the ball than anything else iirc.

By contrast Aggression is probably more general than the name implies, influencing how much a player seeks to get involved in the game around him (where a less-aggressive player will wait for things to happen, which can be good in the right role). And Flair has a big impact on a player's ability to follow tactical instruction, as much if not more than Teamwork.

"Work" in a general sense (team or otherwise) would include making off the ball runs and getting back into position which obviously have their own major attributes. And concentration plays a part in how engaged a player is with what's happening on a moment-by-moment basis.

Archived