One-click progression to the next match

I'm sure I'm not the only one whose productivity has suffered because of FM. What I came up with is a feature/option where we click on "Continue" once and the game progresses to the next match without interruption. I know, I can always holiday between matches but in this case I would miss important things such as contract negotiations and transfer offers. Plus, I don't like the thought of leading my club half-heartedly. I think it would be a only a small loss in realism if all decisions e.g. negotiations took place on match day but it would be a big win if I had a few minutes between each match for doing other stuff knowing that the game will progress without me. Anyone with me on this?

Yes I would like this too. Were forced to mash the continue button and stare on the screen until the next match just so I can attend to the reserves who cried every now and then about their playing time.

Add it to the suggestions thread.

A potential problem with this idea is retrospectively making decisions for those 'MUST RESPOND!" inbox notifications, it wouldn't make sense to retrospectively sanction a transfer for a deadline that passed 2 days ago...on the day of your match.

I do see why you've had this thought though, as your game progresses and your shortlist expands, you're forever notified of changes in player statuses...among other minor notices. It would be nice to have the chance to filter out these inbox notifications when adding players to your shortlist.

There is an option that does pretty much that. Go to preferences>interface. There will be something like 'continue timeout', which you can set to 5 or 2 seconds as well as instant. Set it to instant and the game will automatically continue until there is a match/a news item requiring a response.

I also had the idea of an optional acoustic signal when the game has proceeded to match day.

Add it to the suggestions thread.

A potential problem with this idea is retrospectively making decisions for those 'MUST RESPOND!" inbox notifications, it wouldn't make sense to retrospectively sanction a transfer for a deadline that passed 2 days ago...on the day of your match.

Of course we would need to specify certain exclusions like the deadline day. :thup:
There is an option that does pretty much that. Go to preferences>interface. There will be something like 'continue timeout', which you can set to 5 or 2 seconds as well as instant. Set it to instant and the game will automatically continue until there is a match/a news item requiring a response.
Thanks, I'm already using that option but the game still stops too often in between matches in my opinion.

• SI Staff
I do see why you've had this thought though, as your game progresses and your shortlist expands, you're forever notified of changes in player statuses...among other minor notices. It would be nice to have the chance to filter out these inbox notifications when adding players to your shortlist.

Hey rich10,

You can already do this. Navigating to '[inbox] > Subscriptions > Player Shortlists' gives you the option to select what news you receive about players on your shortlist.

Cheers,

Seb.

Guarantee that if this was a thing, you'd get someone complaining that they used it and missed a news article that they were interested in. As sure as night follows day.
That's why it should be optional :brock:

Archived