[FM16] [SKIN] Champions League skin

a31632

You will have to experiment with the "graphics\boxes" and "graphics\buttons" folders. If you move these completely out of the skin and reload you will have all boxes and buttons as per default skin. (Make sure to reload the skin of course). After this start adding buttons and boxes files back that you want to keep from the skin and see how it looks. It's "trial and error" basically as it all depends on which boxes/buttons in which screens you would like to keep or replace.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

y8j0xEq.png

Any way to fix this or remove the sidebar? Really nice skin but I don't like the overlapping there. Tried it at 85% zoom (normally play the game at 100%) but it's still the same. Play at 1920*1080 so it's not the resolution either

y8j0xEq.png

Any way to fix this or remove the sidebar? Really nice skin but I don't like the overlapping there. Tried it at 85% zoom (normally play the game at 100%) but it's still the same. Play at 1920*1080 so it's not the resolution either

The sidebar should pop in and out, not be there perm..

y8j0xEq.png

The sidebar is supposed to do this as it is an auto-hide sidebar, so it will overlap the screen slightly.

Look at posts #39 (for getting the sidebar NOT to auto-hide) and post #46 for having it in a static color (instead of changing colors)

Hi, I also having this issue.

Might tell me which inset did you changed ?

Which resolution are you using? If you have a higher than HD resolution the scoreboard might get messed up a bit.

Read post #27 on how to move the items that are "out of place" in the correct spot.

Don't change the "container" files though, only the "left ïnset" values otherwise your scoreboard will be messed up more.

I have a newer version I'm testing now which will "auto size" so it will not be a static scoreboard anymore, it looks the same, but I'm not sure with different resolutions how that one will look.

Try this fix first and see if it worked for you

I changed a lot of, but read the post 27 there is a description. I changed than the scoreboard because at every game the scoreboard was not right. Now i wait for a scoreboard that is static.

Actually the scoreboard we have now is static, it won't adjust to club's names (no resizing), but I know what you mean ;-)

If I can ask you all (who are having difficulties with this version) to try out this one, it looks the same (see screenshot), but it doesn't have the "left inset" values at the team names so it will automatically (or should) put the name in the center of the container.

When a team name is longer it will resize automatically (at least that is the idea), instead of the name pop out of the scoreboard.

If you don't use a HD resolution you still might need to position the time, scores, logo's and comp logo and name of the city by changing the "inset" values but it SHOULD stay the same after saving it for the games after that.

Only when the container files are changed it will mess it all up and you will have to change it every single time, which I agree, is no use. (so don't edit those values ;-)))

Attached screenshot of the "adjusted" lay-out and download link for the updated "match titlebar score.xml".

(as always clear cache, and reload the skin to see the changes)

(updated) download link:

http://adf.ly/1V7SOz

Please let me know if this version works better, so I can update it for an upcoming 1.1 release

OK. Now it looks like this.

KyEn1fy.png

Tomorrow i´ll test more and change what you wrote in your post. I´ll report than. Thank you very much for your support.

Sounds good, it's a resolution issue for sure as it has been tested in 1920x1080 and always looks spot on in these.

Because of your higher resolution you will need to change "match full window.xml" as well.

In line 347 this starts with:

<!--slide-out scores-->

<widget class="match_titlebar_panel" id="MHDr" file="match title bar score" height="150">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="20" />

The height of "150" is enough for the HD resolution but with your resolution it will need to be a higher value (you can see that the "HTC" logo is cut-off)

Maybe change the "150" value to "200" and see if that will also take care of the vertical allignment issues.

If nothing works you can always go back to another scoreboard, just too bad I can't test it myself with higher resolutions, sorry

Thanks. I try it out. It´s much more better. Later i´ll take a picture and show.

Great!

I'm still working on perfecting the scoreboard and have received lots of feedback on various FM sites on the skin with minor bug fixes and changes.

I will implement all changes in an update that will be released at the end of January.

If you get it to work and it stays good maybe you could share it here so others with the same resolution as you can enjoy the scoreboard as well!

Thank you very much. I must change things i think. It is not perfect, but now i have no time. If i have time for this, i will show a picture and share it here. Sorry, a lot of work this week. But it would be nice if i could use your scoreboard. It´s realy amazing.

cl2016_screen_14b_Player_popup_issue.jpg

Where I can change the color of icons positions?????. In the image: GK, DCR, S1,S2,S3......which are to the left of the name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for my english!!!!!

thank you!!!

It is in \graphics\button\custom\picking

Thank you very much. I must change things i think. It is not perfect, but now i have no time. If i have time for this, i will show a picture and share it here. Sorry, a lot of work this week. But it would be nice if i could use your scoreboard. It´s realy amazing.

Ok, I think I got it nailed now.

After tweaking for hours (and getting tired of all "ïnset" edits and "container" tweaks I revamped the whole xml.

I deleted ALL container files, edited some content (mainly making the "insets" no longer needed), with exception of the score and time containers and tested it for a few games.

Because there are no insets it "automatically" puts the names and logo's correctly without having to shift it around and it resizes either from the left (for the "home" team or from the right "away" team.

In your case, with your higher resolution I think the only adjustments needed should be the scores and time ïnsets"(as they are the only ones left and needed.

See below screenshots with short team names and longer names.

Also the scores don't "jump" to the left when "added time" is showing, so in my testing it all looked great.

New download link:

http://adf.ly/1V7SOz

Screens with short(er) names and longer names:

cl2016_screen_17a_CL_non_static_scoreboard.jpg

cl2016_screen_17b_CL_non_static_scoreboard.jpg

(I updated the download link in post#61 as well)

Thanks. Now, with your new titlebarscore panel (i modified the clock left to 395 and the score left to 440) and your post 64 (modified to 180), it looks like this:

fL6E54J.png

I used teams with long names to show you what happend.

Next game looks like this:

5XSRIYr.png

I think it´s to difficult for a so high resolution like mine, isn´t it? But, thank you very much for your help.

Now i´m using this scoreboard:

TkoJdN3.png

Thanks. Now, with your new titlebarscore panel (i modified the clock left to 395 and the score left to 440) and your post 64 (modified to 180), it looks like this:

fL6E54J.png

I used teams with long names to show you what happend.

Next game looks like this:

5XSRIYr.png

I think it´s to difficult for a so high resolution like mine, isn´t it? But, thank you very much for your help.

Now i´m using this scoreboard:

TkoJdN3.png

Yes, too bad it doesn't work with your resolution and long club names.

If you have a scoreboard like the one you are using now with just a darkened background it will stretch as much as it needs, but with a custom scoreboard that would only work if you make it static (which means if you have club names that are very short a lot of unused/open space will be in the scoreboard (which is not looking nice either).

You could edit the scoreboard graphic with photoshop (or another editing program) and make the space where the team names are going to be wider by stretching it (resizing), but besides this, not much that can be done I'm afraid, luckily with "regular" resolutions as the recommended 1920x1080 it works good.

Thanks. I´ll test it. And what can i do that the score and clock is in every game in the centre? It´s not possible for my high resolution?

Also a (very obvious) suggestion is to change the font size of the team names.

If I'm correct it's currently set as follows:

<!--home team name -->

<widget class="text_button" id="T1nm" size="10.5" auto_size="horizontal" alignment="centre_y,centre_x" click_event="htac" font="fonts/match full screen">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" />

</widget>

<!--away team name -->

<widget class="text_button" id="T2nm" size="10.5" auto_size="horizontal" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" click_event="atac" font="fonts/match full screen">

</widget>

Given your long team names and high resolution you might consider lowering these values (10.5) so they are still acceptable and readable, of course a lower value means that more letters will 'fit in".

I really haven't seen a saved xml file that works in one game, shift in another (like your scores and time being good in one game and "off" in the other one). It must be related to your resolution (I have no other explanation).

I'm now using the new setup for the scoreboard for quite some games and it is good and stays the same every time in 1920x1080 resolutions

Also a (very obvious) suggestion is to change the font size of the team names.

If I'm correct it's currently set as follows:

<!--home team name -->

<widget class="text_button" id="T1nm" size="10.5" auto_size="horizontal" alignment="centre_y,centre_x" click_event="htac" font="fonts/match full screen">

</widget>

<!--away team name -->

<widget class="text_button" id="T2nm" size="10.5" auto_size="horizontal" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" click_event="atac" font="fonts/match full screen">

</widget>

Given your long team names and high resolution you might consider lowering these values (10.5) so they are still acceptable and readable, of course a lower value means that more letters will 'fit in".

I really haven't seen a saved xml file that works in one game, shift in another (like your scores and time being good in one game and "off" in the other one). It must be related to your resolution (I have no other explanation).

I'm now using the new setup for the scoreboard for quite some games and it is good and stays the same every time in 1920x1080 resolutions

Thanks. I´ll try it and give a report tomorrow with pictures.

Thanks. I´ll try it and give a report tomorrow with pictures.

Apologies for the fact that this thread is now focused mainly on the Scoreboard but I need to give another option here:

I edited the actual size of the scoreboard in the graphics folder with Photoshop (please remember that in "match full window" the "standard" value in the skin is set at the slide-out options in line 347 and following:

In line 347 this starts with:

<!--slide-out scores-->

<widget class="match_titlebar_panel" id="MHDr" file="match title bar score" height="150">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="20" />

Given the height being "150" I resized the scoreboard with photoshop from "672x138" as in the skin, to "740x150".

In your case you might have to change it to an even wider size as your slide-out value is probably around "200" given your higher resolution.

The only thing i needed to edit in "match titlebar score.xml" was again to score and time placements and the result is below.

My guess is that if you resize the same way I did you will be able to get it all in the scoreboard as well (at least I hope so)

CL_2016_scoreboard_comparison.jpg

OK. I´ll try. If it´s not working i´ll use the other scoreboard in your skin. But i must say your scoreboard is rely amazing.

Testing: It´s much more better, but not perfect. I resized the scoreboard with photoshop to 770*158 and it works better. Than i resized in match full window to 180 and i adjust the score and clock in match titlebar score. But now it´s enough from your support. Thank you very much and i use your skin, but with an other scoreboard. Very nice your skin.

1. example

YJYufEB.png

2. example

fOWYjVJ.png

Nice. I´m looking forward to see the new scoreboard is working with my resolution.

I hope so too, it is not replacing the full screen scoreboard though. The full screen scoreboard is still the "Champions League" themed one but the regular match titlebar (so not in full screen) will give you the new scoreboard.

Looks pretty good and I took it from the Gunzo 3.5 skins (gold, lime and white/blue), had to re-size it and make some small adjustments, and of course could only test it with my resolution.

I hope so too, it is not replacing the full screen scoreboard though. The full screen scoreboard is still the "Champions League" themed one but the regular match titlebar (so not in full screen) will give you the new scoreboard.

Looks pretty good and I took it from the Gunzo 3.5 skins (gold, lime and white/blue), had to re-size it and make some small adjustments, and of course could only test it with my resolution.

Some really nice stuff in there, took a few things for my own skin as well :)

ml5xqx.jpg

ml5xqx.jpg

Nice work!!

I found the logos too big, so resized them, but all a matter of taste of course.

Might be that "Gunzo" on FMKorea is "Bergkamp" (who used to do some amazing work on skins and panels in the past on FMKorea) I'm not sure about it, but yes, he made some nice changes that I'm also putting into my new release.

Sorry if this was answered above and I missed it.

Two issues that have appeared when managing Valencia, one may not be your skin:

- Sidebar is white with white icons. This maybe I can solve (no time to check it now) changing the option about header colour being main of inverted in interface.

- Names on shirts are white and the shirt is white so I can't read it in the pitch, which for me is important to be able to do.

Even so the skin is very good. Great job.

Sorry if this was answered above and I missed it.

Two issues that have appeared when managing Valencia, one may not be your skin:

- Sidebar is white with white icons. This maybe I can solve (no time to check it now) changing the option about header colour being main of inverted in interface.

- Names on shirts are white and the shirt is white so I can't read it in the pitch, which for me is important to be able to do.

Even so the skin is very good. Great job.

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated!

I looked at Valencia as well and with me on the sidebar it is "white on white" too, but even though it is more difficult to see, it still works fine.

You might want to have a look at post#46 in which I explain how to make the sidebar a solid (dark) color as I agree that although still visible (at least with me) it might be better to change the automatic color changes if managing a team like Valencia.

The shirts and names on the tactics screen will also be "white on white" of course and this can easily be solved.

Navigate to the ......"Champions League\graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\tactics" folder.

In there you will see a file called "overlay.png" and a file called "_.png".

Replace the "overlay.png" file with the "_.png" file (delete overlay.png and rename_.png to overlay.png) and reload the skin and it will look like in my screenshot.

Still "white on white" but now the names are visible.

I fixed this for upcoming version 1.1 already, so it was a noted issue (happens in more skins as well, as it is related to the game coloring, not only the skin)

cl2016_screen_19_white_on_white_issues.jpg

cl2016_screen_20_white_on_white_issues2.jpg

Thanks very much.

Yeah, the icons are visible, but at times I need to make an effort.

Now I've found on view match it crashes. I will update with a screenshot of the message later.

Here's the error when going to view a match from the start screen (I didn't get to play a match in the save, I guess same would happen). It says nothing about errors in any xml. I'm sure it's the skin because I changed back to the Alavanja Probase and I could view the match. Yours is not the only that causes that in my PC, Androflux also does.

1xvrN4Z.png

I guess removing the match screen related panels would solve it until the new update?

Thanks very much.

Now I've found on view match it crashes. I will update with a screenshot of the message later.

You should not be getting any crashes.

Did you start getting them after you edited the xml file or after changing the overlay file?

If you used a good xml editor it will check the integrity of the xml after editing (I use Notepad++ with xml plug ins) this will warn you if you made changes that are incorrect. If so, the game will crash.

The graphics change, which is suggested on multiple threads wouldn't affect the playing of a match at all.

Revert back to your "old xml" file and follow the instructions exactly to retry editing it. Clear the cache, reload the skin and you shouldnt have any crashes . Alternatively you can send me a PM with your personal email and I can send you an edited xml that works.

I did nothing yet when I got that, I found out before coming back to check the thread and see your answer. I may have replaced the match in bewteen highlights.xml with the one I use in the skin I had and that gives no trouble. (I edited the message with the message that appears).

I will be making more tests some time this evening for whatever may help. I'll start by making sure the match in between highlihts is this skin's.

Still makes the game crash.

EDIT: It doesn't crash in game when going to a match, only the view match.

I did nothing yet when I got that, I found out before coming back to check the thread and see your answer. I may have replaced the match in bewteen highlights.xml with the one I use in the skin I had and that gives no trouble. (I edited the message with the message that appears).

I will be making more tests some time this evening for whatever may help. I'll start by making sure the match in between highlihts is this skin's.

Still makes the game crash.

EDIT: It doesn't crash in game when going to a match, only the view match.

If Androflux also crashes with you I'm guessing it has more to do with your specific computer and configuration rather than the skins. Thousands of people downloaded this skin and Androflux and I haven't read any reports on crashes with them.

The "Match in between highlights" is not causing it for sure. If it would be the cause the game would start the match and only crash when this panel kicks in, so when the screen would pop up.

The only suggestion I have would be to do a clean install of the skin, clear cache, reload and if you still have crashes move all panels in the skins "panels" folder into a different folder (except the titlebar and header xml's).

By adding panel files and retesting you should be able to find out (although it is time consuming) which file or files cause this crash with you.

As I said I posted my skin on a few different sites and this is the only crash reported back to me, so I can't replicate or isolate the issue.

Try this and please let me know if you found out what triggers this

where can i find the new status icons, if wanna increase the opacity and font?

They are not in any other skin as far as I know. I can send you the new status icons, just PM me with your email, ok. If they look nicer that way I might include them in my updated version ;-) (that is if you share the results with me LOL)

I've done it. I found it's two files that are causing the game to crash: match title bar.xml and match overview.xml.

With all the other files the game goes to view match well.

Perfect!! Good to know, as you can see in my 1.1 update screens I have replaced the match titlebar.xml file with a newer version so I'm hoping this will resolve the issue as well, match overview.xml is not doing that much and won't change the panels so no harm in deleting that one.

I will release my 1.1 this weekend, so give that a try, it also has a lot of graphic updates and some bug fixes, so worthwhile to try

Archived