2016, been waiting years for a stadium editor, yet we get a manager editor.

I would say this. Is a Stadium Editor essential for Football Manager, no its not, but it would make a lot of fun to play in certain well known stadiums. I always support of any features that adds fun to the game, regardless if this game is a sim or not, it should primairly be FUN!

Would I use it? Well depends how complicated the Stadium Editor would be and how much frre time I have got on my hands. But I'm sure that a lot of people would use it.

So you want this game to become more arcade like Fifa Manager ?

I'm already angry with the developers who are focusing too much on the graphic aspect when ME, player interaction and so on should be the main focus, not manager creator and stuff like that.

Fifa Manager arcade aspect wasn't the downside of the game. But I think it suffer heavily on ME, the UI complexity and so many other things. However there were some cool ideas in it. But that is not the right thread to discuss it.

So you want this game to become more arcade like Fifa Manager ?

I'm already angry with the developers who are focusing too much on the graphic aspect when ME, player interaction and so on should be the main focus, not manager creator and stuff like that.

That's not in any way how development works. The people working on one thing can't just be told to go do another thing instead. Especially in programming you can't just throw more people at a project and expect it to be done faster. Infact that usually makes things worse.

As someone who dabbles in programming and game design, creating a customer-facing stadium editor would be a very sizable endeavor, to the point where it would probably the largest feature of that year if it was included. That's design space that could have went towards improving the graphics engine or fleshing out AI tactics.

the developement team that focus on ai tactics and graphics engine most likley wont be the same team that would work on a brand new feature, people like you always use this kind of thing as an excuse ' id rather they focus on this part of the game' etc etc different teams handle different aspects of the game, you shouldnt worry yourself with whos working on what, you should just worry about football manager progressing instead of the pointless added features that we have been currently getting year after year, when its still the core gameplay that keeps bringing me back, not flashy features i dont care about.

the developement team that focus on ai tactics and graphics engine most likley wont be the same team that would work on a brand new feature, people like you always use this kind of thing as an excuse ' id rather they focus on this part of the game' etc etc different teams handle different aspects of the game, you shouldnt worry yourself with whos working on what, you should just worry about football manager progressing instead of the pointless added features that we have been currently getting year after year, when its still the core gameplay that keeps bringing me back, not flashy features i dont care about.

Just because it's not the same people working on it, doesn't mean it's not taking resources away from other things. Resources in this case being budget, which isn't exactly infinite. Wonderful if they could just go and hire a team that would work solely on it, but given they don't have a bottomless pit of money, it's going to mean that something else doesn't get worked on. If you're going to start flapping about and telling people what they should worry about, then at least make sure you're talking sense to start with.

And it's nice that you tell people what they should worry about, but I'd wager they'll just keep their own mind. Ironic that you're using not wanting "flashy features" as an argument for including what would absolutely be a "flashy feature". I find it hard to care less about a stadium editor.

I agree, SI figures out how allocate their resources.

The thing is, I believe adding Stadium editor, is yet again a way to create things that SI have no copyright to do so. Creatinf stuff. that can bring fun to the game. How that can be such a bad thing as many people here said?

I agree, SI figures out how allocate their resources.

The thing is, I believe adding Stadium editor, is yet again a way to create things that SI have no copyright to do so. Creatinf stuff. that can bring fun to the game. How that can be such a bad thing as many people here said?

I don't think anyone's said it was a bad thing exactly. There are very few ideas that are bad by definition, it's usually just a case that it's something people don't really care about, or have any interest in. And that's where the resources argument usually comes in. Of course having a feature in there that you aren't personally interested in isn't a bad thing, but the fact remains that there's only so much that SI can work on, and building one thing probably means that one other thing will be neglected or not worked on at all. Hence the reticence from some. It's a perfectly valid viewpoint to have. And people have just as much right to dislike an idea as others have for liking it.

I'd also say that given that so much of the game is editable, the fact that the stadium isn't suggests to me that it either isn't possible (unlikely) or that it's a much bigger task than skinning or editing or the like. Probably why we haven't seen it.

indeed, as barside says. we don't really need a stadium editor. just open up files and let people play with that. you would immediately get bunch of people combing these looking how to improve on current stadiums. same way si doesn't need to do ton of skins every year, they just made them accesible by community and we have lots of people doing them and doing them in more depth than si could care to do. there is no editor for skins and there need not be editor for stadiums.

it is win win situation as si has to put zero funds into making new stadiums and let it to community take care. they need to put zero funds to obtain expensive licences as well. same as with logos, kits and everything there is already. only thing i can imagine that could be the reason behind this is that community would have more control on content and thus "more power" so to speak, and that might be the reason si is not into it too much. however that is just a pure speulation lacking any other more plausable theory.

There's a lot more to doing something like this than "oh just give us 100 blocks and let us do it all its free no money SI lol".

You clearly don't have any handle on coding or graphic design or development. It's not that SI have just been blundering along waiting for you to show them the light. Just because YOU think its really important doesn't mean that in the overall business model of the game there's enough demand to spend the actual time and resources for this. If it's that simple to do, since SI isn't doing it, why don't you just code an editor and design all the graphics resources and post it here for us? After all, it takes no money or time.

Much like no manager decides if a player should have 18 or 15 for pace or whether they want to create a fictional competition, people are asking for additional pre-game editor tools for stadia & maybe some artwork mod tools which not the ability to designed a stadium in a live save game.

Stadium editor. No thanks. You are a football manager in the game, no manager in real life decides what the new stand will look like, or whether it should have retractable pitches etc.

do you use real name fixes and graphics logos to make your game more realistic? you do realize your limiting yourself, imagine having custom made stadiums to replicate real life stadiums via an editor, and you have an objection against this to stay with generic stadiums for what reason?

There's a lot more to doing something like this than "oh just give us 100 blocks and let us do it all its free no money SI lol".

You clearly don't have any handle on coding or graphic design or development. It's not that SI have just been blundering along waiting for you to show them the light. Just because YOU think its really important doesn't mean that in the overall business model of the game there's enough demand to spend the actual time and resources for this. If it's that simple to do, since SI isn't doing it, why don't you just code an editor and design all the graphics resources and post it here for us? After all, it takes no money or time.

you are quite right i have no idea how to do an editor and it might be much more complicated than i imagine. however, you might not know there is an audio commentary for the game and no thanks to SI. there would be chants and much improved sound as well but the game is so hermetic and this wasn't touched since early '00s so nobody can get around it.

i am aware all these things might not be for everyone, but it gives back a bit to community and makes FM better game.

what i am saying is, if si moved a bit of time to open up these things (like with skins, kits, badges, backgrounds...) we might have much more of the game than we have atm. not now, not tomorrow but in few years.

also, i don't get it why people are saying stadium creation is not part of managers job so editor has no place. nobody asks for that. what i think would be good is to be able to edit models in game so we can have real stadiums instead of what we have now.

Archived