FMS 2015 Awards: LIVE from Sepp Blatter's Command Bunker

tenthreeleader

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the winner, to the surprise of absolutely no one, is: Mark Wilson27.

In seriousness, this forum would be a much different place (and, in fact, might not exist at all) were it not for Mark’s steadfastness in posting and keeping house during a time of declining use.

He made the awards happen, he keeps us loose and finds new ways to involve the community. Thank you so much, Mark.

Special Announcement #1

There have been two users who, in my estimation, have done that bit extra in our history to keep records, keep traditions, and generally keep things going. That said, as of this year, this award is being renamed:

The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder’s Award (FMSer of the Year)

IT'S A FIX!

EDIT: #MarkWilson4Mod

PS: Oh, and 10-3, that Bob Marley song is actually called "Three Little Birds". And no, it wasn't written about Kylie Minogue, Shakira and Scarlett Johansson.

Special Announcement #1

There have been two users who, in my estimation, have done that bit extra in our history to keep records, keep traditions, and generally keep things going. That said, as of this year, this award is being renamed:

The Terk/Wilson Builder’s Award (FMSer of the Year)

For the FMS era yes, if you include CMS then you cannot ignore Raptor in this (imo)

ETA: Oh and of course massive congrats to Mark, well deserved!

Special Announcement #2

It has also been said that the FMSer of the Year award is called “the Mods award” because mods always seem to win it. In a sense, that’s understandable due to the services mods perform. However, Mark is not a mod.

Until now.

He’s finding out with the rest of you, but beginning Monday morning, Mark’s name will be added to the list of SEGA moderators for the FMS Forum. Tenthreeleader and Gavrenwick will remain as mods but this seems a fitting way to honor Mark’s service. Congratulations to FMS’ “gaffer” for a job very well done.

(Some of you with your guesses upthread were right on the mark ….)

Special Announcement #2

It has also been said that the FMSer of the Year award is called “the Mods award” because mods always seem to win it. In a sense, that’s understandable due to the services mods perform. However, Mark is not a mod.

Until now.

He’s finding out with the rest of you, but beginning Monday morning, Mark’s name will be added to the list of SEGA moderators for the FMS Forum. Tenthreeleader and Gavrenwick will remain as mods but this seems a fitting way to honor Mark’s service. Congratulations to FMS’ “gaffer” for a job very well done.

Well deserved Mark!

Sir speechless is all I can say

You deserve it. Plus, the bump to storing 350 e-mails is nice. :p

I'll PM you later with a few other things you'll need to know. Neil Brock should take care of changing your status in the morning but if not I will remind him.

And WLKRAS, you're absolutely right. Raptor should be there and it's my error for not seeing it. I'll make the change.

You deserve it. Plus, the bump to storing 350 e-mails is nice. :p

I'll PM you later with a few other things you'll need to know. Neil Brock should take care of changing your status in the morning but if not I will remind him.

And WLKRAS, you're absolutely right. Raptor should be there and it's my error for not seeing it. I'll make the change.

Thankyou again sir, don't know what to say really

It’s time now for the Big Two, beginning with the Story of the Year award.

This past year, and especially the last few months, have seen an influx of talented writers and good story ideas, both in long and short-term saves. Winning this award isn’t easy, as to win it you must either post a long-term number of posts or cover a full season of play.

The nominees are:

The Journeyman Chronicles - chesterfan2

Another Night In Istanbul (Short Story) - CFuller

[FM15] Malone Again, Naturally - tenthreeleader

Welcome to Romford - CFuller

Special Announcement #2

Until now.

Congratulations on your promotion, Mark!

This leads us to the ultimate award in FMS and the final award of the evening, the Writer of the Year award.

Some of the greats of our boards have won this award, which is the top tribute members can pay to an individual short of the FMS Hall of Fame.

We should note that this year we have not selected a Newcomer of the Year due to the amount of wait time between awards ceremonies. I hear that’s Ridgway’s fault, the slob. Or at least the guy who created him. That’s why Wilson’s now a mod …

Any writer who begins an award-eligible story in the FM15 release year will be eligible for the Newcomer of the Year award beginning next year when we meet again.

That said, the nominees for the 2015 FMS Writer of the Year award are:

neilhoskins77

markwilson27

tenthreeleader

CFuller

chesterfan2

EvilDave

It felt a little strange to see my first two stories both get nominated for Story of the Year, and I'll admit to being a little embarrassed. That said, I'm a very proud man right now, and I'm glad that I one day plucked up the courage to publish my work.

Thank you, guys.

I'm not shocked I got a nomination for 'Writer of the Year' and 'FMS'er of the Year'. I got those nominations through damned hard work......

.....no, seriously. Trying to show your own Mother how to sign up for these Boards and then vote for me is more testing than you can ever imagine!

For the record, I'd like it known:

Chris and cf received my votes for Writer of the Year. It was a very difficult field and I would like to acknowledge everyone's work. Winning is nice -- but everyone nominated makes everyone else better, and that's the whole point.

Thank you for everything you have done to build my own confidence as a writer and thank you for attending tonight's ceremony.

Sepp's paying for the booze. Let's party.

# # #

This was another extremely close vote, with a single vote separating first from second place, with all six nominees receiving votes. The winner of this award, for the fourth time, is tenthreeleader.

This result is a very strong endorsement of the quality of the writing here! Well done, everybody. :applause:

Congrats once more Ten Three. Your work on the Boards not just with admin and your own stories, but encouraging everyone else, makes this very much deserved. Well done fella.

I'm not shocked I got a nomination for 'Writer of the Year' and 'FMS'er of the Year'. I got those nominations through damned hard work......

.....no, seriously. Trying to show your own Mother how to sign up for these Boards and then vote for me is more testing than you can ever imagine!

Keep working, Neil. I'm sitting here at present trying to figure out how to boost your post count to 1000 :)

Archived