The Scottish Sunday Clan Net Game

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats happening down south!

Berwick have been a mixed bag this season lacking any type of consistency going from one side of the scale to the others one week being able to beat anyone to being beat by the local boys brigade's third team although in truth the state they were left in by the previous boss was unbeleivable and i cant see why the board were so slow in sacking him.

Berwick started this season in red to the sum of 300k + and a very small squad of players worth around 1k a head apart from 2 bodies with no funds on the go thomson has had to shop on the pound stretchers the debt has been slashed to around 240k but still loads of work needing doing cant list transfers just now but will soon this is a kind of work in progress of a work in progress!

Clan Announcement

Guys and Girl,

I'm cancelling next weeks session, sunday 7th March for the OLD FIRM scottish cup game, as i'll be there and i'm going to the boxing on the saturday night, I plan to spend most of the weekend in a drunken stouper.

Sorry for any inconvience but it is a big match folks.

cheers

The Scots Sunday Clan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Tom,

£5.50 who's charging you as the cash doesn't come my way and god knows i need it to finish this flat.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honest Tom , i give him the money straight out of my account after every match. Must be a banking error thats causing it not to reach him ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Tom,

£5.50 who's charging you as the cash doesn't come my way and god knows i need it to finish this flat.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honest Tom , i give him the money straight out of my account after every match. Must be a banking error thats causing it not to reach him ....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clerty gings Bod! aw them hummers o pounds you collected aint been getting to Iain?? you better get that bank thingy sorted oot quick like, cos the dude needs a toilet. his burds really annoyed wi him pishin in the basin.

Gretna storm on

Gretna's wonderful season continues in a blaze of glory as they rack up point after point in the league and dispose of Peterhead in the cup. The Storm made a lot of noise before the game but in the end it was nothing more than a damp drizzle.

The Icelandic influence is one of the main factors in Gretna's superb form as Julliusson and Oskarsson continue to impress everyone around them, but the homegrown players should not be forgotten as Kerr, Mackie, Lennon and Aitken have all came to the fore.

Results<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Raydale - Gretna 2 - 1 Inverness C.T.

Oskarsson 87 Tokley 84

Juluisson 89

Gayfield - Arbroath 1 - 6 Gretna

Gordon 71 Juluisson 34

Oskarsson 39,84.88

Cameron 61,78

ScottishCup3rd - Balmoor - Peterhead 0 - 6 Gretna

Oskarsson 17,43,71

Kerr 24

Lennon 57

Blandon 66

New Bayview - East Fife 2 - 4 Gretna

Steins 2 Cameron 57

McMillan 7 Mackie 79

Juluisson 80

Oskarsson 90

Raydale - Gretna 2 - 0 St Mirren

Mackie pen 38

Oskarsson 56

Ochilview - Stenhousemuir 0 - 4 Gretna

Oskarsson 6,8,25,44

Raydale - Gretna 0 - 4 Albion Rovers

Cameron pen 37,45

,48,pen 63

</pre>

A tricky tie awaits us in the cup as we welcome Queens Park to Raydale Park as we look to continue on our run, but McGuinness will have his troops Motivated to the full(Take note Mr McLeish) as his side look to continue their unbeaten run and add another scalp to their names.

It seems, that for some reason's beyond my control I turned up at last night's session a wee bit the worse for the drink, and kept drinkin! and to be quite honest I cant remember much that went on. I dont remember which players I used nor who I played against. I did scribble scores down on an envelope and remember beating Bod's Q.Pk. so my report reads;

2-4

0-0

4-1

2-0

0-2

2-0

2-2

0-3

2-2

0-3

3-3

1-0

I dont even know if we played all these matches or if I have wrote down a phone number.

I remember Bod took up a job offer but dont know where he went but it was a higher lge.

Tracy used the "F" word so I might have said summit to her (sorry)and I seem to remember summit about Gaz'z arse!! or was that a bad dream.

Apologises all round and wont be doing it again.

Sorry for not showing last night, i was flat hunting in Glasgow all day with some mates, then we went to a pub, then another pub, etc etc so I only got home at half 9 this morning. Thank god I have a day off work.

Hopefully Shire have bedded into the new tactic though and i whipped everyones ar5e!

I'm going to bed now to recover.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by superayrunited:

Sorry for not showing last night, i was flat hunting in Glasgow all day with some mates, then we went to a pub, then another pub, etc etc <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DRINKING! you should be ashamed of yourself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun:

It seems, that for some reason's beyond my control I turned up at last night's session a wee bit the worse for the drink, and kept drinkin! and to be quite honest I cant remember much that went on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look who's talkin' mister! icon_wink.gif

clanlogo.gif

PLace Available for new member

The Scots Sunday Clan is nearing the end of season 2, Season 3 will begin on Sunday 14th March. 2 Places were on offer, one is now gone, so one new place is available for grabs,

if interested email me through my profile or post in this thread, no time wasters please, remember 18+ only and broadband only, check out the clan rules also in the clan webby, Scots Sunday Clan.

cheers

Iain

if interested email me through my profile or post in this thread, no time wasters please, remember 18+ only

cheers

Iain<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like some sort o pervy personnal ad

Raith Update

Falkirk 2-2 Raith

An open game which either team could have won. Falkirk looked to have the points sealed as they were 2-1 up in the last 10 minutes but Brady scored an 89th minute equaliser to earn Rovers a point. Coates scored again in the 93rd minute but it was ruled out for offside.

St. Johnstone 0-2 Raith

A surprising and impressive win for Raith considering it was away from home. Sutton scored his 20th goal of the season to put Raith in front, then Coates scored on 45 minutes maening Raith could afford to take their foot off the gas in the second half.

Raith 2-0 Alloa

Steven Gillespie came off the bench on 75 minutes and scored Raith's first on 83 minutes. Sutton added a second on 90 minutes to give Raith a win over their closest rivals as well as a 5 point cushion at the top of the First Division.

Clyde 1-5 Raith

Braces from Mark Peers and Craig Coates as a well as a Paul McHale headed goal gave Raith 3 points after a great team performance. Fitzgerald scored Clyde's consolation.

Raith 3-1 Motherwell

Poor start from Raith as Motherwell opened the scoring through Mahood after 5 minutes. Coates struck back just after half time after which it was all Raith pressure. Goals from Low and Sutton wrapped up the 3 points.

QOS 1-1 Raith

Peers put Rovers ahead on 27 minutes, McCormack equalised for QOS on 56 minutes. This was a game with few real chances which neither side could really dominate.

Brechin 0-2 Raith

A brace from John Sutton earned Raith 3 points against the relegation fighters.

Raith 0-1 Ayr

A poor home performance. Martin Hardie scored on 53 minutes which was enough for Ayr to secure the 3 points. A Raith comeback was all but dead when Stanic got sent off on 57 minutes.

Raith 1-0 Airdrie Utd

A Scott Wilson own goal was all that was needed to give Raith 3 points and move them ever closer to the SPL in an uneventful match.

Raith 1-1 St. Johnstone

A poor performance which means that Raith are only 3 points clear at the top of the league with 2 games still to play. Raith need 1 more win from their last 2 games to promote as there goal difference is significantly more than the others in the division. Will Raith blow it and end up stuck in Division 1 forever? Only time will tell.

doonhamers.jpg

So Near Yet So Far

So with onyl 2 games left till the end of the season, and Queen Of The South out of the running for promotion when it all looked so good early on. The Doonhammers stormed the league early on and created a fantastic lead wiht should have left them hi and dry but it wasn't enough, maybe inexperience or tiredness, what everever happened the team simply fell apart. Strikers lost form, midfileders wouldn't pass and the defence were making comical errors.

The only plus point to take is the fact that the team were expected to be in a relegation battle all season and in al lhave done themself pround. Next season looks bright, with more experience, some pre-contracts signed and a healthy bank balance the Doonhammers plan to go for it and make the SPL and prove that they can cut. Maybe another season will give them the experince they need to make the big step up.

Results so Far,

Ayr 3 - 0 QOS

Lyle 40

Chaplin 45

Kean 52

Clyde 2 - 1 QOS

Invincible 4 O'Conner 49

Fitzgerald 40

Young ( Miss Pen 59 )

QOS 2 - 0 Motherwell

Gemmill 12

pen 72

QOS 1 - 1 Airdrie

Flynn 89 Docherty Pen 69

Brechin 4 - 1 QOS

Heenan 23 Lyle 35

Thomson 44

King 53

Wilkes 87

QOS 1 - 1 Raith

McCormick 56 Peers 26

QOS 2 - 0 Alloa

Lyle 1,8

Falkirk 3 - 0 QOS

Nicholls 9

Henry 45

Green 60

St Johnstone 2 - 1 QOS

Parker 56 O'Conner 14

Bernard 61

QOS 1 - 1 Clyde

Lyle 21 McConalogue 73

So 2 games left then Stewart's 2nd season in chanrge will begin, and will this bring the success he craves.....

brechin-banner.jpg

New Glebe Park Boss promises Brighter times for Brechin

The sacking of Dick Campbell had barely had time to register before the Brechin board had appointed their new coach. Queens Park gaffer McGuinness was already on the verge of taking the team to Division 2 when the offer came in, and the prospect of controlling a big team that didnt have a £450k debt to weigh them down was too tempting, and the Spiders were left to rue their inability to balance the books.

The close season has begun. Brechin City have been relegated. The task of saving a team that were 9 points behind their nearest rivals with just 4 games to play proved too much with a truly awful squad. Fortunately , the high wage budget allowed some excellent new players to be attracted for the forthcoming season, most of whom didnt even know where Brechin was, they just saw the money. The board however have ambitions of the big time, and have put their money where their mouth is. Theyve improved the training facilities , which has resulted in a flood of talented youth players coming through, and theyve allowed the manager a large wage budget to get them moving in the right direction again, which has resulted in the following world-class signings joining the Glebe Park outfit.

Players In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Artur Correia - AM LC - £30k - Edinburgh City

<LI>Vierinha - F RC - £50k - FC Porto

<LI>Joe Gold - DM C - £40k - Sheffield United

<LI>Simon Vella - D C - £10k - East Fife

<LI>Steven Gillespie - S C - Free - Liverpool

<LI>Eoin Jess - AM/F C - Free (Player/Coach)

<LI>Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - S C - Free - Man Utd

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Neil McGowan - Berwick - Free

<LI>Kevin McLeish - Peterhead - Free

<LI>Jay Stein - Fraserburgh - £5k

<LI>Iain Davidson - Released

<LI>Kevin O'Donnell - Released

<LI>Gary Brown - Released

<LI>Joe Wilkes - Released

<LI>Graham Gibson - Fraserburgh - £12k

A pretty strong revolving door at Brechin this close season. The captures of Gillespie and Ebanks-Blake will really make waves in Division 2 this season, and the arrival of Gold and Vieirinha will provide the ammunition for the front pairing. The board expect the team to challenge, and McGuinness does not intend to disappoint. The only setback preseason was the failure of numerous transfer targets to get Work Permits. This will hopefully be rectified soon and the players in question will join the ever growing foreign legion at Glebe Park.

The season ends:

THE STORM are league champions and BURNETT manager of the year, need I say more? no...but I will.

"On accepting this accolade as greatest manager ever I am reminded of my humble beginings, for although many of you many know and worship me as an Icon and mentor, I too was once like you, hard to believe but true,

I was once rugless

But with sheer hard work, endless natural talent and a fiver down the sue ryder shop i achieved a rug of my own and that humble rug grew to become a technical area...and as I strode that rug as a colossass, like a reincarnation of a greek hero from the illiad with the sun flashing on my burnished bronze armour..sometimes, ho ho ho, losing a little decorum, and maybe using a few choice words and phrases but mostly banashing mine enemies before me, casting them asunder with fear and trepidation of the mighty weapon I wield at my commamd, the hammer of the gods, that which maketh the blood of mortal men freeze and their scrotum to go itchy...THE STORM for I AM, blessed by gods and demons alike, feared by the sons of man in their frail mortality for I AM THE STORMBRINGER!"

"Did you say something?" she said poking her head around the door

"No"

"I thought I heard you shouting"

"No"

"Something about a storm...I've just put that washing out"

"pheft! no me"

"Okay then...why have you not got any underpants on?"

It was a strange end of season session on Sunday.

Toner regailed us with his encyclopedic knowledge of animal sex, mostly canine.

Tracy told us of pigmy girls and football players.

And Iain, (who must have got a medical encyclopedia for his christmas), discovered he had another illness, which may or may not be known to medical science.

Not to be outdone Bod threw in his hamstring or was it ham sandwich?

And our new guy is French/Irish and smokes lettuce.

And you say Im a mad fuker!!!!

Well guys and girls the season is over, and a good one it was, cheers !

Season 3 will begin this sunday, so 6pm kick off sharp.

I'll post a full season update, final standings, clan standings etc etc later the night when i get home.

I'd like to welcome Alexis Manson to the clan and wish him all the best, good luck mate.

Steve McWee has had to drop guys due to work commitment, which is fair enough at least he had the mannors to let me know not like some others who've played with us.

So still 2 spots left for grabs in the clan to take us to 10 bodies, get in touch through thread or email in profile, check out clan webby for rules and criteria.

Scots Sunday Clan

And cheers tom, who'd be a host eh, all the thanks i get, and the endless chants of sack the host, what a life.

anyway since you canny get your image to work here's what it looks like online

storm.gif

cheers icon_biggrin.gif

Glorious Gretna Do The Double

Who'd have thought that a 2nd division club would be heading to the UEFA cup next season, Who'd have thought that club would be Gretna?, No One. But it is going to happen after Gretna overcame Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup Final to celebrate a unique double for the Raydale park side.

Results <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Raydale - Gretna 3 - 1 East Fife

Thwaites 38 Lennon 41

Cameron 60

Juliusson 88

St Mirren Park - St Mirren 1 - 2 Gretna

O Neill 90 Rooke 52

Oskarsson 57

Raydale - Gretna 0 - 1 Stenhousemuir

McCloy pen 12

Scottish Cup semi - Hampden Park - Gretna 2 - 1 Celtic

Oskarsson 28,68 Hartson 64

Cliftonhil - Albion Rovers 3 - 2 Gretna

McManus 17,68 Cameron 1

Cross 90 Stevens 72

Raydale - Gretna 7 - 1 Morton

Kerr 15 Weatherson 85

Cameron 24,52

Oskarsson 29,56,83

Blandon 64

Station Park - Forfar 1 - 5 Gretna

McGrath 10 Cameron 19,26,41,61

Oskarsson 51

Raydale - Grenta 3 - 0 Hamilton

Oskarsson 45,45,74

Scottish Cup Final - Hampden Park - Gretna 3 - 1 Aberdeen

Oskarsson 8,58 McGuire 22

Juliusson 48

</pre>

Gretna : End Of Season Review

What a magnificent season it was for the club and the fans doing the double is a tremendous achievement and everyone involved in the club should be proud.

The Scottish Cup run where we defeated teams such as Celtic and Aberdeen and the league where we ran rampant in, however next season we will be in the 1st division and for the first time in our history we will be in EUROPE!!!!!!!!

As players such as Oskarsson, Juliusson and Cameron continue to waltz their way through the opposition it seems bigger clubs are looking at these players with most notably Rangers being at the forefront of any possible moves but i state now on the record that no one is for sale at Raydale park, the team have been together for almost 2 seasons now and the consistency and teamwork can not be bought.

Players in for the forthcoming season are:<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

3.6.2005 Mikkelsen, Jákup Partick Thistle Free

22.6.2005 Smyth, Mark Free Transfer Free

29.6.2005 Huss, Daniel Grevenmacher £5K

1.7.2005 Bollan, Gary Dundee Utd Free

3.7.2005 O'Neill, John St. Mirren £8K

5.7.2005 Barclay, John Falkirk £10K

5.7.2005 Holko, Pål Stryn £1K

17.7.2005 Hamilton, Brian Spartans £2K

Total £26K

</pre>

With only lee maddison for now on the way out.

We will continue to monitor the transfer market in looking to strenght the squad but for now unless someone really interesting comes up this is all of the business to be done.

We are under no illusion that next season will be tough but no one at Gretna is fearing that and all the players & staff have one thing in common and that's that they want to be here and want to bring continued success to the club.

clanlogo.gif

Season 2 is over !

Well the scots sunday clan has completed season 2 and what a season.

Gretna make Europe

Unbelievable yes but true 1st Division Gretna FC will play in the Uefa cup thanks to the fantastic run the the Scottish cup final were they knocked out celtic on route and beat Aberdeen to lift the trophey and secure a place in the Uefa cup.

Andy Jones becomes the first gaffer to make the SPL, Andy's jump to Raith Rovers proved very successfull as they took full advantage of Queen of the South botle crashing to claim the 1st Division title and reach the SPL, now can he stay there ?

Richard Tomson jumps ship for the 3rd time in 2 seasons and takes control of Queens Park in the 3rd, Ric inherits a decent team there but can he take control and make it into the 2nd at the 3rd attempt ?

Tom Burnett, well the "Storm Bringer" himself, takes control off a decent side in Peterhead in the second season and turns then around and many of the teams he played as teh Storm continued is tour of havoc across Scotland and simply blowing teams away and scoring an mighty amount of goals, Division 2 now awaits him will the storm still blow or has the Storm Bringer ran out of puff ?

Tracy Watson has stuck by her Albion Rovers, taken them into the 1st alongside Gaz and Iain, no a good player and has kept albion consistent throughout, but has lacked the full backing of her board and will that hold her back, the small stadium in a terrible state, the lack of training facilities may well hold them back and the lack of funds could force her to seek a more ambitious club this season.

Steve McGuinness done all he could for Queens Park, brought in some quality players on the tight budget and tried to balance the books, but that big stadium and over heads just simple held the club back. So it simpe when Brechin came calling, he had to move onwards and upwards, at time of joining Brechin was fighting a losing battle against the drop from the first and there was nothing he could do to stop them, so now in the 2 Div, he looks set to blaze that with some cracking signings for a tema in the 2nd.

Alexis Manson joins the game for the start of the 3rd season and takes control of Stranraer, not much is known about this boy apart from being being part french part irish, what that will bring to the game no one knows ?

Iain Stewart suffered a season of heart ache, his Queen of the South were the early pace setters in Div1 and at one point had a 12 point lead and Spl look a shoe in, but the bottle crashed it all fell apart, maybe too many young players not enough experience, the foot simple came of the gas and the young players couldnt get back in there stride quick enough. A number of older more experienced players have been brought in and a few more youngsters things look promising for Queens of the South and one things for sure another start like last year wont be thrown away.

so with the clan spread across the Division another exciting season awaits us and can and who will join andy in the spl if he survives..

Current Clan Rankings

1. Gaz - rep : ok

2. Andy - rep : ok

3. Tracy - rep : ok

4. Iain - rep : unproven

5. Steve - rep : unproven

6. Tom - rep : unproven

7. Ric - rep : unproven

8. Alexis - rep : unproven

Cant believe we are beginning our 3rd season already...that last one just flew by.

And we are still looking for suitable new members...c'mon people, this might not be the biggest clan going but it sure is the best fun...apart from Fat Ric, so get your emails and details to Iain pronto..and you too can fall victim to

storm.gif

Thats it tom, straight to the point as usual.

Yup there are still 2 place available for dedicated players, sunday's 6-10.

check out clan rules on webby.

Game up the night for last minute T & T and players searches from about 5:30pm maybe a little bit earlier.

We're sitting on saturday folks with the 1st game of the season league challenge cup the day, so were ready to go straight off.

cheers

Iain

Scots Sunday Clan

It is the start of the third season at Cliftonhill and Watson has a massive job on her shoulders as the board want the club to survive the drop, the bookies have given them of long odds to win at 100/1.

It's gonna be a long hard season but Watson seems to think the players have what it takes to do it, there have only been four new players brought in to help in this very difficult task while four have left. Some critics and fans are saying that Watson doesnt have the capabilities or know how to bulk the squad and is missing out on some great opportunity's by not signing any youth players.

I asked Watson to comment on this as she left the training field yesterday morning "There hasnt been any young players signed at the minute but there are some things in the pipeline, I do not want to comment at the minute as nothing has been signed and I find it only fair to hold off on revelations until everything has been agreed."

So it looks like she may be trying to sign some youngsters. This may please her doubters.

Albion Rovers 0 - 0 Falkirk

In the opening game of the season it was a thriller for the Cliftonhill faithfull as a near capacity crowd was wowed with a fine display of proffessional football. It was a sore way to lose a cup game but Falkirk crashed out on penalties leaving the Rovers the chance to got through to the second round of the Challenge Cup.

St Johnstone 1 - 3 Albion Rovers

Their first league game in the first divison and they arrived in style, two superb goals for Porhallson and another for Boylan saw them win their first three points of the season. Porhallson also got the man of the match award.

Stranraer 0 - 1 Albion Rovers

Rovers are through to the third round of the Challenge Cup after defeating Stranraer in a very scrappy game.The Rovers keeper was never under any pressure and most of the play was in the midfield except for a few attacking moments from Rovers.

Rovers managed to clinch a deal with Young Goalkeeper Martin Lambert. The 18 year old had been released on a free from the Man Utd youth academy and could be a star for the future.

Albion Rovers 2 - 3 Gretna

It was a return to league football for Rovers and what a game it was. The advantage was one way and then another and back again, but Rovers were unfortunate not to get anything from this match and Gretna went home with all three points after a fine display of skill from Martin Cameron saw him score the winner in the 88th minute.

Queen of the South 2 - 1 Albion Rovers

Another very evenly matched game with chances for both teams. The Doonhammers though made the most of theirs and put them in the back of the net, to send a dejected Rovers team away from palmerston park with not a single point.

Ross County 3 - 2 Albion Rovers

Rovers were put out of the Challenge cup in the 3rd round after a good game with Ross County, yet again it was evenly matched and Rovers failed to take the goal opportunities they had. Watson will be looking to make some changes if there isnt an improvement soon.

Albion Rovers 4 - 2 Falkirk

The Rovers played exceptionally well in front of a capacity crowd and what a display Porhallson put on for them, he was man of the match and managed to get a hat-trick, while McManus got the other goal. It looks like the strikers have took some notice of the midweek media's criticism of their firepower.

Albion Rovers 3 - 2 Falkirk

These two teams met again with only 3 days rest between matches. This time the League cup was being played for and Rovers gave it their all. After going two up early on in the first half they allowed Falkirk to peg two goals back, only for Paul McManus to make himself a hero to the Cliftonhill faithfull by grabbing a goal in the dying seconds.

The fans were jubilant and there was plenty of celebrating, it was as if they had won the cup but they have only passed the first round.

At this time Rovers are sitting a respectable 5thin the league and seem to be finding there form, lets hope it continues and they climb further up that table. Although there is a long way to go and a few mistakes would see them slide to the bottom.

CANAL + UPDATE

Unknown French Manager Joins Stranraer

Following an abysmal season in the Third Division, Stranraer have decided to appoint a newly qualified manager, who no-one in Scotland has ever heard of, except perhaps for a few experts. It is rumoured he has come through the same academy as the likes of Gerard Houllier, Arsene Wenger and Alain Perrin, former Marseille manager. He has already made some drastic changes to the team, getting rid of old players with relatively high wages, and brining in a mixture of foreign and local talent.

Players In:

Murray Henderson DR Free

Gordon Greer DC On Loan from Kilmarnock

Alvaro Gamarra DC Free Portuguese

Paulo Rola D/SC Free Portuguese

Alan Carella AM/FR On Loan from Motherwell

Ian Dawes MC On Loan from Stirling

The best player so far has been Alan Reid, with an average rating of 8.17 (2nd in player standings), 2 goals scored, 3 assists, and 1 man of the match award in just 6 games. The top scorer in the team is Jerry O'Driscoll, with 6 goals in 7 games. Stranraer's start has been promising, despite two away defeats. The two successive wins against Queen of the South, away, are reflective of the quality of the work Manson has been doing since his arrival at the club. Here are their first few results of the season:

Wed, 20.7.2005 19:30 H Stranraer Reserves Friendly 3 : 2

Sat, 23.7.2005 15:00 H Stranraer Under 19s Friendly 3 : 0

Sun, 31.7.2005 15:00 H Stenhousemuir Friendly 3 : 0

Sat, 6.8.2005 15:00 A Queen of Sth. Challenge Cup 1st Rnd 1 : 0

Sat, 13.8.2005 15:00 A Montrose Third Division 0 : 1

Tue, 16.8.2005 19:30 H Albion Rovers Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd 0 : 1

Sat, 20.8.2005 15:00 A Cowdenbeath Third Division 1 : 2

Sat, 27.8.2005 15:00 H Stirling Third Division 4 : 0

Sat, 3.9.2005 15:00 H Arbroath Third Division 3 : 1

Tue, 6.9.2005 19:30 A Queen of Sth. League Cup 1st Rnd 4 : 0

Archived