The Scottish Sunday Clan Net Game

Her side of the story

He was in an odd mood Saturday night. We planned to meet at a pub for a drink. I spent the afternoon shopping with the girls and I thought it might have been my fault because I was a bit later than I promised, but he didn't say anything much about it. The conversation was very slow going so I thought we should go off somewhere more intimate so we could talk a bit more privately.

We went to this restaurant and he was STILL acting a bit funny. I tried to cheer him up and started to wonder whether it was me or something else. I asked him, and he said no. But I wasn't really sure.

So anyway, in the car on the way back home, I said that I loved him deeply and he just put his arm around me. I didn't know what the hell that meant because you know he didn't say it back or anything, this is really worrying me.

We finally got back home and I was wondering if he was going to leave me! So I tried to get him to talk but he just switched on the TV, and sat with a distant look in his eyes that seemed to say its all over between us.

Reluctantly, I said I was going to go to bed. Then after about 10 minutes, he joined me and to my surprise, he responded to my advances and we made love.

But, he still seemed really distracted, so afterwards I just wanted to confront him but I just cried myself to sleep. I just don't now what to do anymore. I mean, I really think he's seeing someone else and that my life is a disaster.

His side of the story:

Rangers lost. Got a shag though.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She stopped at the gate "Are you sure you want to come in Clare?"

"Yes why is there a problem?"

"The thing is.." sharp intake of breath "Tom's no yur usual type o guy"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh! he's harmless..I think..but he's..no normal"

"Aye" Clare smiled "I heard some girls talking at work..he's a wee bit eccentric"

"Eh...no...he's no normal"

"Ach away wi ye wumin..com'on lets get these bald patches on yur hair sorted"

The two women climbed the stair to the flat, Clare stopped dead "where's yur front door?"

Louise was dropping coins in a slot "Its a turnstyle"

"What?"

Louise cleared her throat "There's a concession for friends and family"

"How much?" askeds Claire opening her purse

"£2.50 on a Wednesday....its cheaper if you get a season ticket."

Clare paid the entrance fee and the women walked past the pie stand towards the lounge.

"Grab a seat Clare, I think your seat is B12, I'll put the kettle on."

Clare removed her coat and checking the back of the row of chairs found her seat. A worried frown crossed her brow. "Is there a game on tonight?"

"What?" Louise shouted from the kitchen

"Yur telly say's Queens Park 0, Peterhead 4."

"Ah!...well...its a new digital thing Tom got..I dinny understand these things."

"Och no..am the same..our Bobby got some adult thingy..some kinda game show or something Ah canny be bothered wi that stuff..you know."

They sat sipping their tea.

"Is he no in?" asked Clare

"Aye he's in."

"I would like to meet him." smiled Clare

"You would!!"

"Yes..why not."

"Okay..but promise me we will still be friends."

"Dont be silly!"

Louise lifted the handset of a white extension phone.."Gaffer...we got a visitor...no it's no ma mother"

A telescope shot up from the wooden structure in the corner, it panned the room before settling on Clare's long mini skirted legs.

"Hello there." came a voice from the ceiling

Both women covered their ears and fell to the floor.

"Turn the bloody tannoy off" yelled louise

"Hud on" boomed the voice, making the ornaments jump and pictures fall from the walls.

"Sorry about that Clare." said louise

"What!"

"Sorry about that..."

"What!"

"Hello there!" said a swaggering figure emerging from the dugout, he noticed Clare lying on the floor "hud on" he dashed back into the wooden structure and emerged at a trot, "Soon have ye back on yur feet!"

A soaking wet sponge was drawn from a bucket of icy water and jammed up Clare's mini skirt.

Clare screamed!

"Breath deep! breath deep!" he began rubbing the sponge round and round "It will work its magic in a minute hen dinnae worry!"

Clare scrambled to her feet, grabbed her coat and ran screaming down the hall, she climbed over the turnstyle and scampered down the street.

He watched the fleeing woman from the window "You've got some wierd ******* pals...she dinnae even say cheerio."

lo guys,

this just gets better and better.

website under construction guys

www.sundayclan.co.uk

and if tams is willing i'll create a section tam tam the management man all to him self.

hopefully have the site up and running in a week or so still trying to find a decent pc desk for the room, so its a bit uncomfy working on the floor.

see you all the night lads and lassie

The Big Kick-off

Stranraer 0 - 3 E Stirling (CC)

Two early 2nd half goals from Stuart Kelly and a last minute strike from new signing James Allan sees East Stiring though to the 2nd round of the Challenge Cup where they face St Mirren again away from home.

Berwick 2 - 2 E Stirling (L)

Berwick took a 2 goal lead but were pegged back by 2 goals from Ure to earn Shire a deserved draw at Shielfield Park

St Mirren 2 - 1 E Stirling (CC)

Despite a brave performance from East Stirling, one goal was not enough as St Mirren progressed to the later stages of the cup. "Who cares? It's a bloody diddy cup anyway!" was McWee's only comment after the game.

Queen's Park 2 - 0 E Stirling (L)

Poor defence and a non-existent attack saw Shire whimper to a 2 nil defeat at a deserted Hampden.

E Stirling 1 - 2 Stirling (L)

First home game of the season and East Stirling fell to their 3rd defeat in a row. Despite a late rally from the home side they could do nothing to prevent rivals Stirling from taking home a well deserved 3 points.

E Stirling 7 - 0 Elgin (L)

5 Goals from Ure and another 2 from Kelly and Kilgannon saw Shire take their first league victory of the season in emphatic style. McWee was full of praise for his team, particularly the 5 star Ure and goalkeeper Connolly who has bounced back to top form after a few average displays recently.

The start of a new season and Thomas Burnett headed up his third team in two season's, surely a great honour in itself.

The challenge cup saw Burnett return to Berwick with his Peterhead squad and despite a hostile crowd the Bluetoon battled hard but suffered an early cup exit losing 2-0.

"We have witnessed this kind of hooligan behaviour before with engerlandish teams," said Burnett "Im not one to cause trouble or controversy but they should be banned from the lge."

When asked if it was a case of sour grapes our reporter was crumpled to the ground by a swift kick to his goolies.

Hampden welcomed Peterhead for the opening lge fixture and despite most of the possession, Peterhead were to rue the missed chances and lost 2-0.

Third match on the road and Stranraer weathered the Peterhead storm to emerge 2-1 winners.

"Six goals lost in three games..not acceptable." raged Burnett

Dumbarton were the first visitors to Balmoor and experianced a display of total football never witnessed in this lge before, they were massacred 7-1 by the rampant Peterhead, and if all the chances had been converted we could well have been in to double figures.

lge leaders Stirling put on a brave face as they took the field to face the Bluetoon storm, and an evenly fought battle saw both side share the spoils in a close 2-2 draw.

Div 1 visitors Brechin came calling in the lge cup and snatched an early goal, they droppped back and dug in to weather the storm and near the closing stages managed to get the ball over the halfway line and sneak a 2nd.

lge duty and another trip to Berwick, Burnett incensed the crowd by arriving pitch side wearing the black panties on his head, when the police arrived to quell the commotion Burnett was heard to say he 'thought it was his balaclava' and despite running the game the Peterhead storm succumbed to the nasty Berwick who sneaked a poxy goal and three points which they can stick up their arse.

Bad opening gambit (chess move) but with the proper application to the new system things will improve, we may have to castle (chess move) our early plans and I can easily see us checking (chess move) the early flyers.

Season two got underway and after a few summer signings Gretna were fired up to take on the 2nd division. The most noteable signing of the summer was Ossi Fyrr Oskarsson who was signed for £10k, goalkeeper Donovan Rickets and Midfield trio Boucad, Juliusson and Blandon join us in what we hope will be a successful season.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Challenge Cup 1st - Fir Park - Motherwell 1 - 10 Gretna

Clarkson 45 Oskarsson 1,20,23,63

Cameron 3,25

Kerr 68

Rooke 76

Mackie 78

Juliusson 82

Raydale - Grenta 2 - 2 Inverness Caley Thistle

Juliusson 56 Tokley 45

Oskarsson 85 Hay 90

Challenge Cup 2nd - New Bayview - East Fife 3 - 0 Gretna

Arbuckle 18

Lennon 33

Walker 51

Gayfield Park - Arbroath 1 - 4 Gretna

Thompson 16 Oskarsson 8,63

Mackie 70,83

New Bayview - East Fife 4 - 1 Gretna

McMillan pen3,pen77 Cameron 58

Steins 47

Lennon 88

Raydale - Gretna 4 - 2 St Mirren

Mackie 11 Nimmo 15

Cameron 30 Gilles 78

Aitken 72,86

League Cup - Caledonian stadium - Inverness CT 1 - 0 Gretna

HAY 32

Ochilview - Stenhousmuir 1 - 3 Gretna

Clinton 55 Cameron 38,50

Stevens 38

</pre>

As you can see Gretna kicked off the season in superb form with the challenge cup demolishing of Motherwell however the two defeats to East Fife left me a bit bedazzled as we dominated those games but still we ended up losing and losing comfortably. Defeat in the league cup against Inverness means we have to look towards the Scottish cup for our giant killing run and after we reached the semi last season, anything is possible this season.

Gretna for Europe icon_wink.gif

spiders.jpg

Drama Queens!

An unsettled time at Hampden, with a lot of people finding contracts terminated and a lot of unfamiliar faces. Would McGuinness be able to gel the squad before the dreaded axe, as the club faced up to huge debts?

Cowdenbeath 3 - 1 Queens Park

Not the start McGuinness wanted after his travels. An early 3 goal haul did the damage, Queens failing to wake up after a couple of warning shots, and before the half time whistle went, it was all over, despite a pounding Ryan Docherty goal to pull one back. The manager roasted the players for their lack of heart, and Bob Malcolm came in for particular criticism. Big game players not playing big games.

CIS Insurance Cup - 2nd Round

Dundee United 4 - 2 Queens Park

Absoloutely gutted.

After United opened the scoring with a Collin Samuel curler from 20 yards, Queens defended stubbornly, and got their break when a long ball from the keeper found Iain Diack on the wing, and his looped cross found Andy Smith for the big strikers first goal in Spiders colours. 9 minutes later and the same combination resulted in Smith doubling his tally. Spiders fans were in heaven, and only 6 minutes from safety when the keeper flapped at a cross, and Mark Kerr headed in from the back post.

Then Samuel ran at the defence , bamboozled Malcolm, and struck a sweet shot past the keeper which deflected off Moffat's rear end. A final indignity of a 90th minute own goal left the manager distraught, and his troops were given a warm handshake on leaving the field.

Stirling 6 - 1 Queens Park

Bad to Worse.

The goalkeeping crisis hasnt been helped by league rules that state you cannot bring in loan signings outside of the transfer window. As a result, 16yr old John Walker has been between the sticks for the last 2 games with predictable results. Against a Stirling side with Porarinsson up front, he failed again spectacularly. A long ball forward was crossed

into the back post , Porarinsson nodded it on, and Scott Bannerman crashed an unstoppable drive past the keeper. In 11 minutes , a break appeared for Queens , when Stevie Kerrigan was pushed in the area, and the big man dusted himself down and stepped up to slot home the equalizer. The lead was short lived as 6 minutes later, A ball in from the left eluded the defence (again) and Porarinsson nodded home from close range. 60 Seconds after the restart , a goalkeeping howler allowed Steven Naismith to score from 20 yards. And 5 minutes later, same again. A 25 yard strike from Stewart Devine flying past a static youngster. McGuinness was absoloutely infuriated , and his mood did not improve when Porarinsson rose , again unchallenged , at the back post to score Stirlings fifth goal. The youngster took an absoloute bollocking at half time, as did his team mates, but it did no good. An early 30 yarder which cracked the crossbar should have warned them what was to come, but the players lacked the heart for a fight, and the manager feared a real doing.

Goal 6 came courtesy of a trundler that even Dave Beasant could have saved. Instead, the dozy keeper allowed it to flow through his hands like water and into the corner, like a ****ing dozy labrador playing with its new ball. This kid would never play in a Queens jersey again. How the hell the game rated his performance a 6 i will never know, as he spilled shot after shot, cross after cross, and gave a performance aboutas Confident as Michael Jackson at a Supreme Court hearing. The mauling was over, on the park anyway. Off it, Diack and Watson felt the brunt of the managers fury and the fans. Hopefully neither would repeat their abysmal performances.

Queens Park 6 - 0 Berwick Rangers

The injury crisis lessened a little this game, and in came Jordan Smith , David Menelaws, Ryan Docherty and Chris Lamb. The solid defending and swift counter attacking was outstanding, and Berwick had absoloutely no answer to the pace and power of Docherty and Menelaws. 53 seconds in, and Menelaws fed Diack , then powered his way forward. Diack hit the byeline and his deep cross found Docherty who powered home. Then with 2:13 on the clock , another swift run down the wing found Menelaws lurking near post, and he powered home from close range. Berwick were rocking, and a long ball out of defence found Menelaws again , and he crossed to the back post for the unmarked Doc to strike again. And on the stroke of half time , the same gruesome twosome went coast to coast again and Menelaws chalked up his brace.

The second half saw more of the same. Constant pressure from Queens and a deflected Billy Brawley shot (which was credited as a Colin Hendry own goal) made it 5. Then on 86 minutes , goal of the game, as Mark Allinson stepped up to power home a 25 yard free kick , which sailed in as thekeeper looked on helplessly. An outstanding return to form for Queens.

The chairman announced post-match he was pleased with McGuinness this season, and performances like this helped to strengthen his case for more time to rebuild the squad.

Elsewhere , Cowdenbeath manager Brendan Ferguson was sacked for being unable to perform his duties whilst sober, or whilst anywhere near the ground.

Elgin 1 - 2 Queens Park

An excellent away performance from Elgin with the amazing Menelaws/Docherty partnership in fine form again. An early Bob Malcolm 40 yard pass found Menelaws through the middle for the first in 6 minutes, and in 13 minutes , a cross from the left was nodded down by Docherty to Menelaws for his 2nd of the game , and his 4th of the season. Some backsto the wall defending from Elgin kept the score respectable, and in 77 minutes Marc Cocozza pulled one back from a corner, and it was game on.

A 1 on 1 from Tom Brighton was saved by the keeper and at the other end, a Fotheringham rocket was tipped over by the Queens keeper. It finished 2-1 and Queens sit 4th , just 2 points off promotion. Its going to be tighter than Fergus McCann this season.

East Stirling 0 - 0 Queens Park

The manager viewed this one as 2 points dropped after his strikers missed chance after chance, and the Shire keeper pulled off some spectactular saves. In 83 minutes , a rash lunge by Billy Brawley saw him sent off for his second bookable offence, and Queens had to hold out to secure the point. Still in the hunt though, and Promotion a real possibility.

Queens Park 1 - 0 Montrose

The scoreline doesnt really tell the story of this match. Montrose were played off the park by a hungry Queens midfield, and the fact that only a Tom Brighton goal in the 86th minute seperated the two teams shows hoe great a performance the Montrose keeper had. However Queens have now dropped 4 points off the promotion spots, and whilst they remain in 3rd , they have some catching up to do.

Peterhead 1 - 1 Queens Park

Another difficult tie away top human opposition, and a real turning over for Queens in terms of posession and shots on goal. Despite early posessions , Peterhead score the opener with a Moffatt drive from close range. At half time, McGuinness changed things around, dropping the ineffective Allison for Reilly. The change works as Reilly floats in a brilliant corner for Dejan Pavlovic to head in at the near post. The match ends in a draw and both managers look happy with the result. Queens now 5 points adrift and the manager unhappy with numerous performances.

doonhamers.jpg

Off to a Flier

12 Games in and the Doonhamers site 2nd what a start.

After a rocky pre-season and 15 new players in all of whom are under the age of 21 and most of under 19 the Doonhamers have amazed all with some great results and a very nice league position. Jaconelli has be hammering home the goals 14 from 15 games and Gemmill has responded to Cosgrove's addition to midfield, who was asked to play as the midfield anchor man with Cosgrove giving midfiled the spark, Gemmill has proved he more than a tackle and pass man by chipping with some goals, a few stunning freekicks and a string of Great performances that have had fans raving about him.

Goalkeeper Dodds has been another performer with some outstanding saves at vital times in matches to keep the prospect of SPL football very much a reality.

However Stewart has admitted that his young team may need another season in Division 1 as the step up may prove to great for his young players. So to results

League Challenge Cup

Queens 2 - 1 Brechin

O'Conner 56 Gibson 81

Jaconelli 53

Div 1

Raith Rovers 1 - 0 Queens

Peers 62

League Challenge Cup

Queens 1 - 3 Hamilton

O'Conner 31 Convery 81,91

Waddell 92

Div1

Airdrie 4 - 3 Queens

Docherty 29 Jaconelli 45,48,54

Duncanson 56

Dunbar 61

Fusco 64

Queens 1 - 1 Brechin

Gemmill 74 King 79

Queens 1 - 0 St Johnstone

Flynn 19

Alloa 0 - 2 Queens

Jaconelli 36,82

Queens 3 - 1 Falkirk

Jaconelli Xausa 67

League Cup

Queens 1 - 1 Ayr

Jaconelli 75 Kean 45

Queens Win 4-2 on penalties

Clyde 1 - 2 Queens

Invincible O'Conner 44

48 Jaconelli 83

Queens 4 - 0 Motherwell

Jaconelli 2

Gemmill 19,30

Aitken 60

Brechin 1 - 3 Queens

Shields 23 O'Conner 7

Gemmil 25

Walton 71

Ayr 3 - 1 Queens

Hardie 2 Jaconelli 32

Dunlop 25

Kean 86

League Cup

Dundee 2 - 2 Queens

Forde 21 O'Conner 8

Wales 87 Lyle 52

Nemsadze 104

Div1

Queens 3 - 1 Airdrie

Jaconelli 59 Duncanson 64

Paton 73

Pool 81

Queens 3 - 1 Raith Rovers

O'Conner 10 Brady 30

Gemmill Pen 57

Bagan 76

So all in all a very promising start to the season for Queen Of The South and manager Stewart, but once again uncertainty hangs over the head of Stewart as he once again points out that money sitting in the bank will not strengthen the squad but the board refuse to budge and are happy to sit on over half a million pounds with nothing going into youth development or the transfer kitty.

The start of next season and the budget will be very interesting at this early part of the campaign.

*Raith Rovers Appoint Jones as Manager*

Raith Update

Ayr 4-3 Raith

Livingstone 0-3 Raith

St Johnstone 3-4 Raith

Raith 0-0 Alloa

Raith 3-0 Motherwell

Falkirk 3-2 Raith

Kilmarnock 1-3 Raith

Clyde 2-2 Raith

QOS 3-1 Raith

A pretty average start from new Raith boss as there team picked up 8 points from their last 7 league games and conceding a massive 14 goals. A tough few weeks for Raith meant that they had to play 7 away games out of their last 9, Jones said he hopes to pick up a few more points and concede less goals within the next few weeks as more homes games are coming up. However, on a brighter note Raith are still in the cup and will play Tracy's Albion Rovers in the Quarter Finals.

Jones admitted promotion is unlikely this season or next season when Gretna and Oskarsson will probably be joining Division 1. His aims are to keep his job and build for the future.

Following a mediocre start to the new season, which included a new lge record score of 7-1 (incase anyone missed that) Thomas Burnett was still pushing his Peterhead team to up their performance.

"I've christened this team "The Storm" 'cos we just blow everyone away." said a triumphant Burnett following his sides 3-0 demolition of neighbourgh's Elgin, a result that saw the club chairman praise Burnett as being better than "15 ton o' haddock up the back."

Peterhead travelled to Falkirk to face 'the shire' and Burnett was warmly greeted by a near capacity crowd of 1460.

"They still love me," Burnett beamed "Its a pity Im gonna do their team."

The game its self turned into a thriller, but the lowly 'shire' could not weather The Storm' and lost 3-4.

When Montrose came calling to Balmoor, their worst fears were soon to be realised, 'The Storm' unleash a torrent of thunder that shook the ground four times, once for every goal the homeside scored, and come the final whistle the Montrose players ran for shelter.

There was much pomp and celebration as Thomas Burnett was awarded his manager of the month award, which he accepted in his usual bashful demenour

Cowdenbeath away..lost

Stranraer were the next victim's of 'The Storm' and were awe struck at the pace and ferocity of the phenomena that fell upon them and they were really happy only to lose two goals.

Dumbarton who had previously been on the recieving end of a lge record 7-1 thrashing at the hands of 'The Storm had learned their lessons well, they put up the windbreaks and even managed to sneak a goal to share the points.

Queen's Park were welcomed to the Bluetoon and weathered The Storm a brave defensive display saw them share the spoils in a 1-1 draw.

"Things are looking better," said Burnett "We are making goal scoring chances and holding fairly tight at the back, our midfield commitment has upped a gear recently and if things continue like this we're looking good for a push at the title."

"Any thought's on the Cowdenbeath result Mr Burnett?"

"Get that microphone out of my face, tube!"

"Tom," she asked "How do you spell transmembrified?"

He expelled roughtly and turned away from the monitor "How do I what?" he asked through gritted teeth

"transmembrified..how do you spell it?"

He glared at her for a few seconds "Ah dinnae..and I'll tell ye why ah dinnae..cos am used to the sublties and nuancies of the english language an your no..cos your a tube!"

"Oh here we go again," she put down her puzzle book "Your getting beat in your wee game,"

"What do you mean!" he hissed

"Its always the same..every Sunday Monday and Thursday, you switch it off and start bawling and shouting, kicking things and swearing."

"No ah fukcin dinnae!" he yelled

"God knows how many times I've glued the head on that wee china dug, its left paw's held on wi elastoplast."

"Dinnae leave it where ah fa' ower it then!"

"Its on the mantelpiece for gods sake."

"Well fukcoff back ti yur mothers then!"

"I might just do that"

"Good!..might get some peace aroond here fur a chinge!"

She stormed out of the room banging the door behind her.

The door opened "And when I do go im taking everything I brought into this hellhole!"

"Good! I'll help ye carry it."

"Yur a pig!" she slammed the door and went throught to the bedroom, dived on the bed and started to cry.

Two minutes later the bedroom door opened quietly and he sat on the bed "Are you alright honey?" he asked "Give me a cuddle"

"Oh!" she said her reds red with tears "You do love me."

"Naw ah just remembered you bought the PC."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun:

"Oh!" she said her reds red with tears "You do love me."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reds red with tears??? who wrote this..you need to read your stuff before you post it pal.

sort out that typo, your really bringing this thread down mate, sort your self out.

Looking forward to the night gem, kick off at 6 gem will be up for the back of 5, looking forward to it.

Also up can the clan members have a wee look at website and let me know about the rules, agree disagree changes etc for discussion the night also new places ? looking to open up 2 slots for next season let me know what you all think.

cheers

The Scots Sunday Clan

Gretna so far this season have been on fire and this last session was the icing on the cake where we fired in 27 goals and conceded just two as we played 7 games and won all 7.

The partnership of Martin Cameron and Orri Fryr Oskarsson has been a joy to watch at times as they have lead the line in unstoppable fashion so move over Larsson and Sutton we have a new deadly duo in town!.

I can't help but feel even tho we are winning and winning well at times the team still isn't firing on all cylinders and i feel the day we do someone is going to get a right turning over, but will Gretna continue to storm to the 2nd division title or will their flame die out who knows what the future holds but for me right now that future is bright that future is black and white.

Raydale - Gretna 3 - 0 Albion

Cameron 61

Oskarsson 66,70

Cappielow - Morton 1 - 3 Gretna

Blair 17 Oskarsson 7,40

Cameron 57

Raydale - Gretna 3 - 1 Forfar

Aitken 48 Milne 59

Oskarsson 81,83

Raydale - Gretna 4 - 0 Arbroath

Cameron 21,37,85

Rooke 65

Caledonian Stadia - Inverness C.T. 0 - 4 Gretna

Oskarsson 6

Stevens 18

Cameron pen 21, 58

New Douglas Park - Hamilton 0 - 6 Gretna

Oskarsson 20,26,90

Rooke 35

Cameron 42,90

Raydale - Gretna 4 - 0 East Fife

Oskarsson 57

Cameron 63

Lennon 65

Blandon 81

</pre>

Albion Rovers signed young midfielder Andrew McDonald on a free transfer

Gretna 3 - 0 Albion Rovers

Gretna proved who was the stronger of the two teams by running Rovers all over the place as they dominated the game and walked away the convincing winners.

Albion Rovers 1 - 0 Hibernian

Rovers were the surprise winners as young striker Gary Robertson slotted home a penalty in the last minute to hand Rovers victory and a third round place. The young starlet has been playing well while standing in for Porhallson and has gained some invaluable first team experience.

Albion Rovers 4 - 1 East Fife

After a sensational result last week the Rovers were on a high and launched a four goal drubbing on East Fife, with new signing Mcdonald getting two goals on his derby.

St Mirren 0 - 1 Albion Rovers

Youngster Andrew McDonald continued to prove his worth with another fine display and a Man of the Match award, as Rovers beat St Mirren.

Albion Rovers 1 - 2 Morton

Morton took the feet from under Rovers as the pressure started to show and they performed badly, with Morton taking full advantage and Connolly getting sent off for pushing Budd in a controversial off the ball incident.

Watson had this to say " I'm dissapointed with how we defended and will be working on this and going through things to see where we went wrong. I'll aslo be dealing with any allegations when I've seen all the evidence, I didnt notice anything untoward at the time but video evidence will be looked at"

Albion Rovers 3 - 0 Stenhousemuir

The Rovers strikers seemed to gain some confidence back as they used the Stenhousemuir goal like target practice. Another three points were won and Watson left a happy manager.

Partick Thistle 2 - 4 Albion Rovers

As the Rovers lost a goal early on to premier league side Partick some would have thought it was over but the Rovers battled on and managed to turn round an otherwise boring game and make it 4-2 to them. Putting them through to the next round of the cup.

Rovers chairman Andrew Dick gave a press conference stating how pleased the board were with the team and the manager.

Arbroath 1 - 1 Albion Rovers

It was a pretty boring match with neither team getting many chances, but another 1 point was secured in Rovers quest for promotion.

Forfar 0 - 2 Albion Rovers

Another 3 points secured and the Lanarkshire men now look as if they will be in the top half of the table at least, come the end of the season.

Anything else would be very dissapointing.

spiders.jpg

Queens Park 2 - 1 Stranraer

A David Menelaws goal in 58 cancelled out by a Alan Reid 2 minutes later , but Menelaws having the final say , bulleting home in the 88th minute to seal the 3 points.

(McGuinness was apparently returning a video during this match, and thus missed the whole thing. The board say the matter has been dealt with internally and no further mention will be made. They did say however that it was a good movie, and he was returning it on behalf of a board member that didnt want to pay late fines).

Dumbarton 1 - 1 Queens Park

Just Too Strong!

The Spiders came here with victory in mind against the bottom team, and were amazed to go in at half time level. Some unbelievable goalkeeping from Grindley kept it 0-0 for 45 minutes, one stop in particular from a Menelaws free kick being right up there in the Andy Goram category of heartbreaking. However after the restart , they broke through. A long ball over the top from Docherty from a corner found Menelaws and he smashed it home from 20 yards. 12 minutes later, same tactic , almost identical result. A long ball from the Doc found Menelaws unmarked , but this time the outside of the post saved the Sons from a 2-0 deficit.

But a set piece turned the game.

With 89 minutes on the clock , an inswinging corner was met and headed away at the near post by Gregg Watson. The ball fell to Ormiston , who dribbled past one defender and the fired in low at the near post. Queens were stunned. A match they had completely dominated, and they managed to throw it away at the death. The manager had some very harsh words for them afterwards, and its hoped these words will reasonate in their ears for some time to come.

Queens Park 2 - 2 Cowdenbeath

But they didnt.

Another difficult match this one as Cowden are the current runaway league leaders, but this one was tough to accept, as twice the Spiders had the lead (Through Diack in 32 , and then Brighton in 78) and on both occasions they conspired to defend poorly and let the opposition back into the game. McGuinness was furious , especially as 2nd placed Stirling won comfortably to move Queens further out of the promotion picture. A win was coming hoped McGuinness, and it better be big.

Queens Park 2 - 3 Stirling

Annoyed. Frustrated. Bemused. Fed Up. All these could describe how McGuinness felt after this one. Again they took the lead twice , again they were twice pegged back. Diack and Menelaws for Queens , Porarinsson and Elliot (2) for Stirling.

Queens Park 4 - 0 Elgin

Now THATS more like it. A brace from Docherty and goals from Diack and Brighton carving Elgin apart to bring the Spiders back into the race. Next up , Stirling , again , in the cup. Uh oh .......

Scottish Cup 2nd Round

Queens Park 3 - 0 Stirling

NOW they start to play. Defending deep , throwing the ball forward through a central midfield partnership of Pavlovic and Diack , and with "The Doc" in superb form up front , grabbing a brace in 23 and 36 , either side of an Iain Diack 25 yard belter, to send Stirling spinning out of the cup , and Queens onto a money spinning 3rd round tie, hopefully with one of the OF away.

Berwick 2 - 1 Queens Park

The gods conspire against the Spiders. There is no other way to explain why we consistently play teams off the park and fail to win games where weve had the majority of play and conceded silly goals on the break. 2 minutes in , the right back has a Brainfart , and the winger ghosts past him and crosses for a tap in for Daley. 15 minutes , this looks familiar , the LEFT back goes to sleep and the winger hits the byeline and crosses for a tap in. Menelaws meets a corner from Pavlovic in 22 mins to restore some hope , and then Queens have 2 seperate goals chopped off for infringements in the box which only the referee sees. Even the Berwick manager looks bemused. The keeper has an absoloute blinder , and Berwick steal all 3 points.

[This message was edited by Lambie's Lovechild on 15 February 2004 at 22:58.]

On the road again and a visit to Forthbank . An evenly fought battle ensued and both teams shared the points.

2-2 draw

THE STORM WARNING

Berwick Rangers made the long journey to Balmoor full of expectation and they held firm throughout the first 45 but finally succumbed to relentless pressure from “The Storm†and lost four second half goals.

4-0 home win.

THE STORM BEGINS

Elgin away and a “local†derby, the last fixture between these two Highland clubs offered up a thriller from which Peterhead emerged 3-0 winners, today Elgin faced “The Stormâ€, 3-0 down at half time, the home side were in turmoil they had no answer for the relentless pressure which bore down on them and by the time the referee had blown for time the 0-5 scoreline seemed merciful.

0-5 away win

THE STORM BLOWS

Scottish cup 1st round and an away tie to division 2 side Arbroath, and as predicted “The Storm†blew across Gayfield sweeping all before it including the Arbroath defence. A devastating display of total football saw the third division visitors emerge victorious and worthy of their 2nd division scalp.

0-5 away win

STORM FORCE

East Stirling made the bus trip to Balmoor full of expectation, they had almost held “The Storm†at Firs park losing in a 3-4 thriller but today they were meeting a side educated in total football, they were about to meet the full force of “The Stormâ€.

The warning signs were there early on as Peterhead took a 2min lead but the ‘Shire’ held out and were only 2-1 down at the interval, then the onslaught began, Peterhead manager Burnett was seen to hold the thumbs down sign to his strikers and East Stirling were pummelled to the ground as “The Storm†blew over them netting another 4 in the second 45.

6-1 home win

STORM DAMAGE

League leaders Cowdenbeath marched on to the ‘killing field’ at Balmoor confident they could hold against the young pretenders to the 3rd division crown but they, as many before them succumbed to “The Stormâ€, the home side netted 4 times in another display of total football.

4-0 home win

STORM IN THE CUP

Scottish cup 2nd round and a home tie to Dumbarton. The match stats read as 27shots against 5 but even that doesn’t give the whole picture, of a match dominated by “The Storm†midfield and despite two disallowed goals the home side were worthy victors.

3-0 home win

STORM OF CHANCES

League duty away to Montrose and a catalogue of missed chances blighted what was another display of dominant football by “The Storm†the 0-2 score line flattered Montrose and left Peterhead manager Burnett shaking his head.

0-2 away win

Scottish Cup 3rd round draw

And a home tie to Division 2 leaders Gretna.

“Any thoughts on the cup tie Mr Burnett?â€

“Gretna are performing well, they are a capable and dangerous side and have quality throughout their ranks, they are lead by a good tactician in Toner and its going to be interesting to see if my lads can compete at a higher level but we are going to give them a game and at the end of 90mins someone is going to be smiling.â€

Elgin 3 - 2 E Stirling (L)

A brave effort by the lads, Brownlie squandered a number of good chances before scoring and was Connolly unlucky with an own goal that came off the bar and whacked him on the back of the head. Stuart Kelly scored his 9th of the season but in the end it just wasn't enough.

Cowdenbeath 2 - 1 E Stirling (L)

Cowdenbeath got out of jail free as the ref gave one of the dodgiest penalty decisions ever seen in the history of the Scottish leagues. "I felt we did enough for the draw, but the Cowdebeath player went down like he'd been shot for that penalty and the ref should be sacked for giving it!" was Shire manager Steve McWee's post match reaction. "McAuley scored a belter though," McWee added.

E Stirling 4 - 0 Montrose (L)

A tremendous hattrick inside the first 20mins from Paul Brownlie helped Shire to a well deserved victory. Derek Ure also added a penalty late on to put the game beyond doubt. Shire manager McWee was seen to be dancing around in the dugout at the end of the game

as his team finally got a win and a clean sheet.

Montrose 1 - 0 E Stirling (SC 1st rnd)

After the heroics of the previous week against Montrose it seemed that Shire would

surely cruise past them in the cup but a dull and lifeless game was settled in the 90th

minute by a well taken strike seeing East Stirling miss out on any sort of cup run this

season.

Peterhead 6 - 1 E Stirling (L)

Best described as a lesson in football, Shire were putting in a decent performance as

the half time whistle blew but after the break disaster struck as East Stirling were

blown of the pitch by THE STORM. Reporters tried to get an interview with McWee

after the match but he wasn't available as he was busy breaking all the windows of the

team bus with bricks while the players cowered inside.

Dumbarton 3 - 2 E Stirling (L)

The poor run of results continues. Shire's away form this season has been nothing short

of a disaster. Dumbarton managed only their 2nd league win of the season as Shire

crumbled once more. McWee is hoping that the next game, a home game, will provide some

much needed relief from the pressure that's beginning to build on him.

E Stirling 3 - 1 Stranraer (L)

After some serious brow wiping McWee was reported to be very happy with the result which

sees the poor run of late come to an end. "Obviously i'm happy we won, but recent

performances have been pish and if the team don't get their acts together and become

more consistent soon, there may be some violence."

Raith Update

Raith 1-0 Airdrie Utd

A tight game that had few chances, Craig Coates scored in the 25th minute to earn Raith 3 points over an Airdrie Utd team who put in a poor performance with only 1 shot on goal.

Brechin - Raith

Goals from Dene Shields and Graham Gibson gave Brechin the lead. However a change of tactics and personnel meant Raith started to dominate and it wasn't a surprise when Sutton scored from a corner before Mchale equalised in stoppage time.

Raith 2-1 Ayr

Graham Bayne put the visitors ahead with a fine lob over the keeper on 27 minutes. Coates managed to equalise before halftime to set up a tense second half. Coates scored his second - a scrappy goal just after a corner to give Raith a deserved win.

Raith 1-2 Albion Rovers (League Cup QF)

A game that Raith never seemed to get to grips with as McManus scored an early goal for Albion, however Coates manages an equaliser in the last 10 minutes only for McManus to score again 2 minutes later.

Raith 1-2 St. Johnstone

A poor performance from Raith as they suffered a rare home league loss. Bernard and MacDonald scored for St.Johnstone, Coates grabbed a consolation for Raith.

Raith 6-0 Falkirk

Raith's best performance of the season so far, according to their manager. Coates opened the scoring and bagged another 3 in this one sided match. John Sutton and Paul McHale were the other scorers as Raith kept a rare clean sheet.

Alloa 3-1 Raith

Pish poor performance from Raith which left their manager raging as they lost yet another away game. 2 superb goals from Jerome Thierry Ruud Henrik Vareille and another from Walker were enough for Alloa to take 3 points. Raith's consolation came from, you guessed it, Coates. (didnt realise this guy scored so much until I wrote this)

Raith are far too inconsistent and must improve a great deal if they are to push for promotion next season. Hearts winger Paul Hartley and a right back whose names escapes me will join on frees at the end of the season along with any other idiots who Jones manages to convince that Raith really are a good club that have a chance for promotion to the SPL.

clanlogo.gif

Scots Sunday Game Update.

Games going well, and with me being 5 clear at top of 1st i can see the spl, i can almost smell it with Queen of the South, and my away cup tie to Celtic should set me up nicely for the SPL challange both in match practise and financially, as long as i dont blow the title race. Andy and his raith team are slow picking up a good run and closing the gap on Queens but will it be to little to late.

Gaz is romping the 2nd and T should be able to grab the runner up spot and make the jump to the 1st Div , but with Gretna is superb form and an abundance of talent, another straight jump into the SPL is very much a possibility for them.

Now to the 3rd and dear oh dear, whats happening there, for a long long time the AI had the 1st and 2nd spot, but can that change, will the Storm keep blowing and will it all end up as mild breeze, will Berwick get there act together and get back into the 2nd . Queens Park are still there with there white elephant hampden, and East Stirling may need another season to prepare and build for the push into Div 2 or will the manager jump at the next job offer.

With a lot left to play for and glory on the horizon for a few of us, this looks like being a good season.

On the subject of "THE STORM" Bod, my thought are that when i left Peterhead I had built a very solid foundation for Tom to build on, and the man is only carrying on my great work there, "sounds of trumpets eh :-D "

Next Season will see 2 new places being put up for grabs in the clan, more info towards end of season, check out the website for more info rules etc Sunday Clan and I'll get the application details online soon.

League table will be up later on tonight.

cheers

Iain

Scots Sunday Clan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

*sniff*

*sniff*sniff*

Tam with 7 consecutive wins after previously being unable to hit a coos erse wi a banjo?

Anyone else smell a "Super Tactic" icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a modified 442, each player is tweaked to his own strenghts weakness's and slotted into the team system I have adopted. The training regime I implimented is returning great results, in the players adapting to the system.

It cant work with all teams (see East Stirling in Scots clan) because you need the basics to do the system justice. I tried it with Berwick and lost 6 and drew 1.

Its also easy to lose because Cowdenbeath beat me 5-1. The first 7 matches with Peterhead only produced 1 win..but as you say its now working, Im getting a high shots total and the on target total is rising every game.

You have to get the best from your players, thats what I believe this whole CM thing is about, we're not in the "super leagues" where we can go and buy success, most of the boards wont release funds, most of them cant, so we have to craft success, where possible.

The results will change soon and we might even get a few defeats, but Im hoping it holds strong until after the cup tie with Gretna, if it does that proves my system will work with 'The Storm' in div2.

I never noticed it was 7 consec wins..where's my manager of the month award?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Scots Sunday Game Update.

Now to the 3rd and dear oh dear, whats happening there, for a long long time the AI had the 1st and 2nd spot,

http://www.sundayclan.co.uk<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh be fair christ! last season there were 10 of us in this lge...Im going to take top spot this weekend anyway so your a bit premature...sorry to bring up your medical prob there Iain.

Just giving my humble premature, gods honest truthfull view of the game as i see it from my lofty position at top the 1st icon_biggrin.gif

Dont feel the need to justify yourself to bod, tactics man, well, download tactics man icon_biggrin.gif

Well all have our own way of playing the game, and any decent manager should be able to grab some success over a long enough timescale with or without a good player guide.

Everyone plays the game different, find the way that gives you most enjoyment from the game and enjoy, canny wait to sunday, thursday can wait as my Berwick team are cack and i dont know how i'm gonna get enjoyment from them !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Just giving my humble premature, gods honest truthfull view of the game as i see it from my lofty position at top the 1st icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lofty indeed and we can see right up yer kilt...not a pretty sight.

Dont feel the need to justify yourself to bod, tactics man, well, download tactics man icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye , ill take some well deserved pelters for that one. After building my entire rep on using my own tactics , i slipped up using someone elses for a few games.

That said, i played 6 won 5 lost 1, and the 1 i lost was using the downloaded tactic. Which isnt the godlike supertactic some have come to see it as. I won the Big Games (Forfar and Hearts) when i reverted to my own stuff.

And ill win Division 3 the same way icon_biggrin.gif

clanlogo.gif

League Tables Update

Scots 1st

Holders - Ross County

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Queen of Sth. | | 18 | 12 | 3 | 3 | 41 | 23 | +18 | 39 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Ayr | | 18 | 9 | 4 | 5 | 37 | 31 | +6 | 31 |

| 3rd | | Alloa | | 18 | 8 | 5 | 5 | 25 | 24 | +1 | 29 |

| 4th | | Raith Rovers | | 18 | 8 | 4 | 6 | 37 | 29 | +8 | 28 |

| 5th | | Airdrie Utd | | 18 | 8 | 4 | 6 | 33 | 28 | +5 | 28 |

| 6th | | Clyde | | 18 | 8 | 3 | 7 | 43 | 37 | +6 | 27 |

| 7th | | Falkirk | | 18 | 8 | 2 | 8 | 30 | 37 | -7 | 26 |

| 8th | | Brechin | | 18 | 5 | 4 | 9 | 29 | 32 | -3 | 19 |

| 9th | | St. Johnstone | | 18 | 5 | 1 | 12 | 26 | 35 | -9 | 16 |

| 10th | | Motherwell | | 18 | 2 | 4 | 12 | 21 | 46 | -25 | 10 |

Scots 2nd

Holders - Alloa

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Gretna | | 18 | 16 | 1 | 1 | 69 | 15 | +54 | 49 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Morton | | 17 | 10 | 3 | 4 | 28 | 18 | +10 | 33 |

| 3rd | | Albion Rovers | | 18 | 9 | 4 | 5 | 36 | 26 | +10 | 31 |

| 4th | | Forfar | | 18 | 8 | 3 | 7 | 37 | 36 | +1 | 27 |

| 5th | | St. Mirren | | 17 | 7 | 2 | 8 | 23 | 24 | -1 | 23 |

| 6th | | East Fife | | 17 | 5 | 2 | 10 | 22 | 32 | -10 | 17 |

| 7th | | Hamilton | | 18 | 4 | 5 | 9 | 18 | 30 | -12 | 17 |

| 8th | | Inverness C. Thistle | | 18 | 3 | 7 | 8 | 25 | 32 | -7 | 16 |

| 9th | | Stenhousemuir | | 16 | 4 | 4 | 8 | 9 | 27 | -18 | 16 |

| 10th | | Arbroath | | 17 | 3 | 5 | 9 | 14 | 41 | -27 | 14 |

Scots 3rd

Holders - Albion Rovers

| 1st | | Stirling | | 17 | 11 | 3 | 3 | 48 | 21 | +27 | 36 |

| 2nd | | Cowdenbeath | | 17 | 10 | 5 | 2 | 36 | 23 | +13 | 35 |

| 3rd | | Peterhead | | 18 | 10 | 4 | 4 | 49 | 21 | +28 | 34 |

| 4th | | Queens Park | | 18 | 8 | 5 | 5 | 34 | 27 | +7 | 29 |

| 5th | | Montrose | | 18 | 7 | 5 | 6 | 25 | 30 | -5 | 26 |

| 6th | | Berwick | | 18 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 21 | 33 | -12 | 21 |

| 7th | | Stranraer | | 18 | 6 | 1 | 11 | 34 | 37 | -3 | 19 |

| 8th | | Elgin | | 18 | 6 | 1 | 11 | 23 | 43 | -20 | 19 |

| 9th | | East Stirling | | 18 | 5 | 3 | 10 | 38 | 37 | +1 | 18 |

| 10th | | Dumbarton | | 18 | 3 | 3 | 12 | 22 | 58 | -36 | 12 |

doonhamers.jpg

Doonhamers Lead the pack

All expectations are being exceeded at Queen of the South as the romp to an 8 point lead at the top of the 1st Div, and the possibility of SPL football at Palmerston Park is a very real one indeed. Some new signing already secured for next season things are looking up, but will the board release funds to strengthen further, Stewart has turned this club around without any money at all, from a team who survived the drop on the last day of the season by goal difference to a team you look to be running away with the 1st div. With funds who know what could be achieved.

Stewart is very unhappy at the lack of ambition shown by the club but has admitted if stadium expansion and improvents to the training facilities could be enough to temp him to stay on but if the purse strings remain closed, Stewart may have to find a team who will match his ambition. Currently the back balance is very very healthy for a team of the Doonhamers size and with an up coming cup match against Celtic at parkhead and if the current league posistion is held the coffers are about to swell massively. Only time will tell...

So to results and they've been good.

St Johnstone 0 - 1 Queen Of The South

Jaconelli 62

Queen Of The South 3 - 2 Alloa

Flyn 9 Watson 65,88

O'Conner 22

Bagan 79

Falkirk 2 - 2 Queen Of The South

Ferguson Jaconelli 34,53

miss pen 46 Gemmill miss pen 40

Ferguson 62

Henry 90

Queen Of The South 2 - 2 clyde

Gemmill pen 30 Hagen64

Jaconelli 90 Invincible 73

Queen Of The South 2 - 1 Ayr

Jaconelli 8,89 Sharp 91

Motherwell 0 - 5 Queen Of The South

Jaconelli 2,21,31,50

Lyle 84

So things are looking good for Queen Of The South and if current form continues, the upcoming match against Celtic may not be a one off.

Gretna remain unbeaten, which is testement to the players and their work ethics, even at times when we found ourself with out backs against the wall we still managed to rally the troops and worked our way out of trouble.

The partnership between Cameron and Oskarsson is getting stronger and i don't envy any team in the league that has to deal with the duo when they are on form.

Some very good wins on the road and at home, and all round good performances from all areas of the team. Long may it continue.

Results

St Mirren Park - St Mirren 1 - 3 Gretna

russell 35 Oskarsson 23,43

Cameron 48

Raydale - Gretna 6 - 0 Stenhousemuir

Cameron 6,20,pen66

Oskarsson 47,48,74

Cliftonhil - Albion Rovers 0 - 4 Gretna

Oskarsson 3

Juliusson 76,90

Cameron 90

Raydale - Gretna 5 - 0 Morton

Aitken 63

Oskarsson 67,83,90

Cameron 70

Raydale - Gretna 3 - 0 Hamilton

Oskarsson 64,73,88

ScottishCup2nd - Raydale - Gretna 6 - 0 St Mirren

Blandon 21,28

Cameron 46,48,67

Aitken 90

Station Park - Forfar 2 - 7 Gretna

Tosh 6 Oskarsson 16,43,65,87

Sheilds 87 Cameron 17,48,50

</pre>

spiders.jpg

Queens of the Stone Cold Age

The spiders were called upon by manager McGuinness to show a bit more ruthlessness during this session. To kill teams off, to keep them down , to hassle and harry until such times as they opposition rolled over and died. But did they take their managers words to heart?

Queens Park 7 - 0 East Stirling

Wow

The 4-4-2 formation that has served Queens so well all season came to the fore here against McWee's experimental line up, which simply couldnt cope with the skill of Pavlovic, or the pace and power of Menelaws. A Hat-Trick from Menelaws , coupled with goals from Brawley , Docherty , Pavlovic and Brighton absoloutely stuffed a woeful Shire side, and manager McWee has a lot of thinking to do before his next league game if hes to take his team into division 2 next season.

Montrose 3 - 5 Queens Park

The David Menelaws show continues. The in-form strike catches a 6th minute Iain Diack cross sweetly on the volley at the near post to open the scoring, and in 25 minutes , he attacks the near post and bullets home a header to double the Queens lead. However in 39 minutes, the determination of Martin Wood brings 'Trose back into the game, smashing home the rebound after a brilliant save from the keeper. In 55 minutes, the Montrose attack again find a hole in a porous Queens defence , and Craig Smart flicks home the equaliser. McGuiness is furious , and it gets worse as Malcolm goes to sleep and Trose are 3-2 up.However at this point, the big boys step up to the plate. Zoran Pavlovic runs at the defence and they part like the red sea. He strikes a superb 25 yarder and it flies into the top corner. 3-3. Minutes later, the same again , but this time he lays it out wide to Diack , and then sprints into the box. Diack's cross is inch-perfect , and Skelton meets it at the far post. Then a brilliant crossfield ball from Brighton finds Diack , and his slotted through ball finds the onrushing Pavlovic for his 2nd of the game, just as the final whistle is blown.

Scottish Cup Third Round

Queens Park 5 - 2 Dundee

Giant Killers!

Queens needed a good cup run to service a level of debt currently threatening to run out of control, so when in 2 minutes , Ryan Docherty found himself unmarked at the far post, a scorching drive made it 1-0 to the Spiders. It gets better, as on 12 minutes, Jonathan Whelan, in for the suspended Pavlovic , catches onto a Brawley through ball and slams home his first of the season. And on 15 minutes, Dundee's Danny Forde collects his second yellow of the match for a rash challenge. Dundee however do not allow the heads to go down, and Steven Milne robs a ponderous Bob Malcolm and runs 20 yards before slotting past the keeper. Worse was to follow, as from a Corner , a long ball bypasses the entire Queens defence , and Milne again is free to slam home from 12 yards. However after a period of 20 minutes with neither team able to , the numbers game tells on Dundee, and Whelan is left free to hammer home a Diack cross. And on 79 minutes , the game is over and Docherty is left unmarked from a corner kick and heads home. And right at the death , Whelan completes his hat trick with a driven shot from the angle of the box, beating the keeper all ends up. Brilliant result from the spiders, and a lucrative 4th round draw hopefully awaits.

Queens Park 3 - 1 Peterhead

"The Storm" came to Hampden, and were blown away. "The Doc" picking up a double on 57 and 90 , with a Pavlovic strike inbetween , to rack up another set of victims. "The Doc" is now rivalling Harold Shipman for the number of victims hes sent to their doom. McGuinness missed this match after being called away for an urgent family matter, and his assistant made sure they picked up where they left off. The post match press conference was missing the Blue Toon gaffer Tam Burnett, which apparently is his way when the team doesnt win. Expect "The Storm" to brew up a revenge mission when the teams next meet.

So a good run of results has seen Queens climb to 3rd and theyre only 2 points off leaders Stirling. McGuinness is eagerly eyeing up the Manager of the Month award, but theres still the small matter of Stranraer and Dumbarton to come ....

Stranraer 0 - 8 Queens Park

5 minutes in, and a goal of the season contender. Zoran Pavlovic run at the defence , is driven back , and lays it off to Gregg Watson out wide. Watson crosses the ball ..... straight into the back of the net. This deflates Stranraer enough that the Spiders can run at them at will. Docherty nets next , a back post tap in after good work from Pavlovic , and then Pavlovic himself smashes one home from a corner from about 18 yards. In the 2nd half however , the home team start to come at Queens , and the away defence gives away a soft penalty for 3-1. Then a long range shot takes a wicked deflection , and its 3-2 and game on. Fortunately, Queens are masters at taking all this in their stride , and "The Doc" steps up his game to score number 4 , then number Diack bags number 5 , Pavllovic number 6 , The Doc completes his hat trick for number 7 , and Queens are off the to races. Right at the death , Pavlovic taps in from close range for number 8 , and Queens move comfortably into second place.

SHOCKER!

Ryan "The Doc" Docherty is transferred to Arbroath, unceremoniously ending his successful loan spell and leaving manager McGuinness furious with the player after Thistle had accepted his transfer bid to make the move permanent.

Queens Park 6 - 0 Dumbarton

Roll on Manager of the Month

A Gregg Watson run and cross in 3 minutes is cleared by the defence to Tom Brighton. His first time volley rockets into the corner and sets the tone for a stroll in the park. 10 minutes in, and a Diack cross is met powerfully at the near post by Menelaws and the lead is doubled. Queens pile on the pressure, but at half time can only boast a 2-0 lead. Queens look to be missing Docherty, but his replacement Steve Kerrigan is doing an admirable job in his absence, holding the ball up well and bringing others into the play.

Then it happens. An occurrence that shakes Scottish football to its foundations!

A corner from the left by Pavlovic , and ROBERT MALCOLM appears at the near post to score a goal. An unbelievable occurence, which may never be seen again if the manager lives to be 100. Queens 3 goals up and cruising. Kerrigan then bursts down the right , forces his way into the middle , and has a cross-cum-shot which finds Menelaws. He turns and smashes the ball home at the near post for his second of the match. The hat trick is completed when a Pavlovic corner from the left is met at the near post in 68n minutes, and Menelaws bags the match ball.

Then comes the goal of the match. A long ball out of the Sons defence is killed with one touch by Santi. He lobs it long to Kerrigan, whos header picks out Joe Gold. A smashing through ball 30 yards finds Pavlovic running in on goal, and he cracks one from 20 yards into the top corner. As sweet a goal as has been seen in some time. Queens in 2nd place and still 2 points off the lead, but creating some space between them and the opposition 2 points back.

Cowdenbeath 0 - 4 Queens Park

Steamrollered.

With Docherty leaving, and Kerrigan announcing he was walking after non-renewal of his contract , McGuinness is forced into 2 loan sigings to cover the frontline. In come Walker from Dundee and Ferguson from Ayr. Both make their debuts (Ferguson starts , Walker on from the bench at half time) and Ferguson opens the scoring in 7 minutes , latching onto a Menelaws through ball. He returns the favour in 23 minutes, Menelaws the recipient , with the head , for a 2-0 lead. Goal 3 comes from the ever impressive Pavlovic , running onto a through ball from Gold , and Goal 4 is a repeat performance , the same double act providing an almost identical goal. Pavlovic misses 2 gilt edged chances in the last 2 minutes for the hat trick, and with results elsewhere going their way , Queens go top of the league to finish the session! \o/

Not so perfect STORM

A visit to Stranraer, which Burnett was confidant of winning turned into a dismal affair with the STORM 3-1 down by the end of the first 45, a late goal in the second added to the home sides tally and the STORM left downcast.

Dumbarton, journeyed North and were met by a STORM front which the BBC weatherman predicted would bring thunder and lightning, it also brought 6 goals to a home side which ran riot amidst the Dumbarton defence.

Scottish Cup 3rd rnd exciting game which was closely fought and the STORM were unluck to lose by 6 goals.

Hampden calling, and the STORM answered the call, this battle between Div3 contenders was close, 0-0 at the change over, but an impressive 2nd half performance saw Queens Park take 3pts with a 3-1 win.

League Leaders Stirling arived at Balmoor high on their achievements, They succumed to the STORM and were 3 down before netting a consolation goal late on.

Away to Berwick, always a fun fixture for Burnett, saw a STORM of missed chances by the Peterhead strikers, 15shts only 9 on trgt, shooting practise is on the cards.

Elgin at Balmoor is nothing for the STORM to fear but shock and horror were evident as the visitors grabbed two early goals and were gifted a third by new signing Gibson who put the ball into his own net. Character and determination were called for and THE STORM have plenty of both, the fight back against the Elgin 'Iron curtain' was magnificent and 3 goals for the home side was fair if not just reward for the brilliant 2nd half performance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

*sniff*

*sniff*sniff*

Tam with 7 consecutive wins after previously being unable to hit a coos erse wi a banjo?

Perhaps we should change the name to Bod?

now where did I put that diablo thingy!

STORMING up the league, STORMING the opposition,

Brave soundbites from Peterhead manager Burnett, the dismal session last night saw his beloved STORM in tatters and they emerged nothing more than a mild fart, 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats, the cup is of no importance at this time but the loss of momentum in the lge battle is worrying.

Burnett firmly believes this club deserves to play at a higher level and will move heaven and earth in his holy quest to bring greater glory to the blue toon.

Raith Update

Raith 3-0 Clyde

Raith only had 3 shots on target in this match but each one went in as the clyde keeper had an off day. A John Sutton brace and a 90th minute goal from Paul McHale was enough for Raith to pick up a well deserved 3 points.

Motherwell 1-3 Raith

The scoreline flattered Raith in this game in which Motherwell had their fair share of chances. At 2-0 Raith seemed to be cruising but David Clarkson pulled one back early on in the second half setting up a tense end to the game. Sutton secured the win for Raith wth a headed goal on 79 minutes.

Raith 0-1 Livingstone (Scottish Cup 3rd round)

A game with few chances which either team could have won. 1 goal from John Paul McGovern was enough for Livingstone to book there place in the next round.

Raith 1-0 QOS

Iain's QOS should think themselves lucky that it was only 1-0 as Raith created loads of chances. The strikers where having an off day but Coates managed to get an early goal to give Raith an early lead which they were able to hold onto.

Airdrie Utd 0-1 Raith

Raith were very lucky in this game as they sneaked a 1-0 win. Airdrie Utd seemed to dominate the game but a keeper error lead to on loan signing Steven Gillespie scoring his first goal for Rovers.

Ayr 1-1 Raith

Raith thought they had won the game to go 3 points clear at the top of the first division but Ayr scored in the 90th minute meaning it was evener tighter at the top of the division.

Current League Position = 1st

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Games going well, and with me being 5 clear at top of 1st i can see the spl, i can almost smell it with Queen of the South, and my away cup tie to Celtic should set me up nicely for the SPL challange both in match practise and financially, as long as i dont blow the title race. Andy and his raith team are slow picking up a good run and closing the gap on Queens but will it be to little to late.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun:

*sniff*

*sniff*sniff*

Perhaps we should change the name to Bod?

now where did I put that diablo thingy!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im just blessed wi 2 brilliant strikers , the wingers from hell , and a 4-4-2 thats beatable , but difficult to break down.

Though i admit its scared the **** out of me how many Menelaws has got. Hes god-awful icon_biggrin.gif

doonhamers.jpg

Smash Crash, " What was that ? " "Oh its just Queen Of The South !".

Were has it gone wrong ? 8 points clear they were, now trailing Raith Rovers by 2 points, Stewart cuts a lonely figure as he sits at Palmerston Park wondering what the !!!!

The team was on fire, the title was there for the taking, and wham, cant even call it complacency that would be too kind to the team. 2 injuries may have wrecked the season, midfielder Gemmill and Keeper Dodds. " player who by the looks of it hold this team together.

6 Games on a trot without a point, 6 games without scoring never mind a point. 6 Games and Stewart had enough, the axe fell players were shipped off to reserve for some confidence other drop, others publicly slammed in the press and finally a reaction Cosgrove, goes to press and apologises to manager and fans and ask to be stuck by and he'll deliver the goods and the following Sat he did along with the rest that survived the axe but can they keep it up ? Can they push Raith all the way and claim that top spot ? If they return to the form they've be producing Yes they can, but there is no more room for slips and one thing is for sure it wont take 6 games for the axe to fall again.

Airdrie 4 - 0 Queen Of The South

Roiberts 41

Gow 42

Wilson 65

Duncanson 84

Queen Of The South 0 - 1 Brechin

Shields 51

Celtic 5 - 0 Queen Of The South

Larsson 5

Thompson 39,53

Petrov 43,58

Raith Rovers 1 - 0 Queen Of The South

Coates 13

Queen Of The South 0 - 1 St Johnstone

Bernard 20

Alloa 5 - 0 Queen Of The South

Vareille 6,13,53,75

Adam pen 49

Queen Of The South 4 - 0 Falkirk

Jaconelli 9,29

O'Conner 11,28

Hopefully that rut is over, Dodds is back and Gemmill will return in 2 weeks time to the squad, hopefully the season will not be all in vain !

Sitting third in the league and through to the semi final of the League cup against Hearts things could have been worse for the Coatbridge team.

Here's how things went for them over the next few weeks.

Albion Rovers 5 - 0 Arbroath

The Rovers hammered the struggling Arbroath who are at the foot of the table, and if they keep playing the way they did today then I dont see them going any further up the league.But Rovers showed their strength's and took every opportunity that came their way.

They were boosted by the signing of central midfielder Bongiswa Nhalabats who is a Namibian international player and is currently on international duty at the African Cup of nations. Watson flew out and got his signature in Republic of Congo where it is rumoured she spotted another talent and is now keeping one of her scouts out there watching the young player.

Morton 2 - 1 Albion Rovers

After leading the game 1- 0 for the first 75 mins things went belly up for the Coatbridge side as they conceded two poorly defended goals. Manager Watson will not be pleased that they were so close to taking three points and gave them away in the last 15 minutes.

Albion Rovers 4 - 1 Forfar

Rovers made up for their defeat last week by dealing a out a heavy defeat to Forfar, with Nhalabats making his debut and Boylan getting a hat trick there was a definite sign that Rovers cannot be counted out of the title race just yet.

Hamilton 0 - 3 Albion Rovers

Some good defending meant Rovers kept a clean sheet in this match and with both strikers hitting the net and experienced midfielder Mercer getting one from long range Watson will be delighted with her team.

Albion Rovers 4 - 0 Inverness Caley Thistle

The Wee Rovers kept up the fabulous form and secured another 3 points with only 4 points seperating them from that second promotion spot they seem to have stepped up a gear.

Colin Boylan got Player of the Month after scoring an outstanding 6 goals in 3 games.

Gretna 4 - 0 Albion Rovers

Gretna showed there class as the league leaders raced away with another 3 points clear of Rovers. The Wee Rovers were never in the match and had no hope after the second goal went in.

Hearts 5 - 1 Albion Rovers League Cup Semi - Final

As was expected the occasion overwhelmed the Lanarkshire team as they took the field for what was probably the biggest night in most of their careers so far, only goal came from Nhalabats and was nothing more than a consolation goal.

Archived