The Scottish Sunday Clan Net Game

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun:

The smart fukcer who emailed me asking if I was the only fukcer in the Sunday lge, well No!, there are other fukcers...somewhere.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, and theyre all bloody quiet tonight. I would have though a few responses in the build up to tomorrow nights big matches , but nooooo , quiet as East End Park after todays result. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taloola23uk:

I'm in the sunday league too, but sometimes it's no safe to hing aboot this thread when he's around.

Very strange man icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youve got TWO CM Clan memberships Taloola. I doubt theres many women on the face of the planet can match that.

Mibbe you and Mad Tam over there should team up, since its clear his other half disnae understand the complexities and importance that a CM Clan Game involves. icon_razz.gif

I don't suppose you'd accept any new players into your game? I've got a broadband connection, nothing to do on a sunday and want to play in the scottish league. I don't have any online game experience with CM but I'm going to be available pretty much evey sunday as I have no commitments. My email is in my profile (remove the extra @ though) if you want to ask me anything.

Cheers, Steve. icon_smile.gif

no problem sorry to see you go m8.

We'll be carrying on with the remaining players, no new members will be taken on the now.

New players will be allowed to join when season ends.

Thread is a bit quiet the now, and it looks like tom has taken to speaking to himself, although some tactic advise is being giving out to all and its all free of charge, wot more do you want, apart from a good keeper a top striker and a good right back!

Now the my flat is undaer way windows and doors back on and i've a couch to sit on, all i'm waiting for is the nice cable man to pay me a wee visit and this pc can leave me mums house.

Anyway time for sunday gem and the rise of the mighty Peterhead and the hunt for a goalie continues !

Wee change of plan folks,

since the departure of 36ee i said no new players, but the clan has taken on one new play to fill the gap.

Bod aka Lambie's Lovechild from the Scots Clan has decided to Join us for some sunday champo fun.

Bod has been allowed to join late on due to the fact that he's a tried an tested player in clan games, with good results from the tough scots game.

welcome aboard bod and all the best.

Iain

Sensation at Hampden

The news broke overnight that in a spectacular coup, a group of foreign investors, backed by an international sugar daddy (by foreign i mean from Kirkcaldy) had sensationally taken over Queens Park, and installed their own puppet , er i mean manager at the helm.

Steve McGuinness was the sensational choice to take over at Hampden. Following his legendary exploits with taking small clubs to glory in North Lanarkshire, it was felt his expertise was needed to steady the ship and make a late run on promotion. Upon going through his first training session, he was heard to comment on the hard work and dedication the lads appeared to be putting in on his behalf. No flying boots and cups of tea in this club.

Queens Park 1 - 1 Stranraer

An early foray up the field saw the battling Queens midfield strip some lightweight nancy boy in the Stranraer midfield of the ball , before laying it beautifully into the path of the sprinting David Menelaws , who produced a cool finish into the bottom right hand corner. Queens then adopted a counter attacking approach which resulted in some heavy pressure and some near misses at both ends before a set piece play saw the Queens defence outjumped for David Graham to bullet home the equaliser. Late pressure at both ends saw Stranraer hit the post and Queens miss a 1 on 1 with the keeper , but honours even, and a deserved point apiece.

Elgin City 1 - 0 Queens Park

The less said about this the better. Elgin battered Queens from start to finish , and only some great goalkeeping from on loan starlet Graham Smith kept the score respectable. Charlie McLean won it with a breakaway goal midway through the first half. No teacups were thrown , but the manager made his displeasure clear to all at full time.

Scottish Cup : Queens Park 2 - 5 Elgin City

This one was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests. Elgin racing out to an early 2-0 lead before Queens pegged them back short after half time. However as the legs tired , veteran campaigner Charlie McLean picked up 2 late headers and set up a third , and the Scottish Cup Dream was over for Queens.

Queens Park 2 - 0 Gretna

Youd think on the back of a bad result, the players wouldnt be motivated for the arrival of the table topping southerners , but the boys rallied round magnificently. An early strike from in-form Gallacher got the boys off to a flier , and 12 seconds after the 2nd half kicked off , a long ball from the middle found Menelaws unmarked and he fired into the top right hand corner. Sensational!

SENSATION AT STAIR PARK

Stranraer today announced that they would be withdrawing from the 2004 "Pie of the Year" contest after they admitted they couldnt find any following the appointment of new gaffer Richard Thomson. A spokesman for the club said "An average gaffer, but at least hes cheap. A set of luncheon vouchers and a free fish supper every night is all hes ever asked for. If hes getting into the pies as well though, we may have to let him go. Its no like our League form is any guid".

Thomson was unavailable for comment. His agent said "His mammy telt him its rude to talk wi yer mouth full"

Queens Park 1 - 4 East Stirling

Back on the rollercoaster we go. Wheeeee! Another high followed by another low as Queens dominated their stirlingshire opponents only to concede 3 second half goals. The 3rd goal in particular a lovely clearance of a good 6 or 7 feet from on loan keeper Graham Smith to ES striker Willie Falconer. I think the win bonus is heading from Firs Park out to Mr Smith's house this christmas.

Queens Park 2 - 1 Stirling Albion

How do you describe a goal like this. With Stirling goalkeeper Morrison lying injured by the pitchside , Craig Taggart picks up the ball in his own half , looks up , and from 70 YARDS plants one in the net. Astonishing. This deflated the Stirling team who had until that point dominated the match, and even though they equalised , a late David Menelaws strike gives Queens all 3 points.

Behind the scenes wheeler dealing sees an agreement between Albion & Queens for a player swap involving striking sensation Johann Porhallson and Albion legend Iain Diack switching clubs. Both managers wish their former players the very best for the future.

Peterhead 3 - 0 Queens Park

Whilst manager McGuinness stayed behind in the west of scotland to put the finishing touches on the Diack/Porhallson deal , his team travelled north to Balmoor , and were stuffed. No excuses. No quality , stuffed. When they return south , a few will find themselves looking at next season with a P45 in hand.

So , a decent enough opening session for Queens. A few wins , a few losses , and as we get to grips with what is a dire squad (cheers 36EE), its worth noting it could be worse , at least im only £150k in debt.

unlucky bod you enter a game late with a team as dire as the spiders, you will need all yer champo experience to rescue this one.

I think the great unshaven one is out of order, he should of given you a chance and let you gone the Tic icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr X:

unlucky bod you enter a game late with a team as dire as the spiders, you will need all yer champo experience to rescue this one.

I think the great unshaven one is out of order, he should of given you a chance and let you gone the Tic icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah Dogs. Fairs Fair , im subbing for someone whos pulled out. Besides , with an ADSL connection and a Laptop , i can play 2 games at the same time on a Sunday if need be ....

Remote LAN accessing the ADSL and Wireless LAN Cards for the USB ports on each machine. The Business icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remote LAN accessing the ADSL and Wireless LAN Cards for the USB ports on each machine. The Business icon_biggrin.gif

What guid is that when you've a tube as a goalkeeper!

Says the man that relies on Willie Falconer for his goals.

People in Glass hooses Tam!

It looked as though Watson had things sorted as Rovers cruised to a 3-0 win over Montrose, 2 great goals from Colin Boylan made him a firm favourite with the fans in his debut match.

It wasnt quite the fairy tale that Watson thought it was gonna be as she suffered her first cup exit after a 1-0 defeat from Morton, although the team put on a fine display they lacked the killer touch. Added to the agony was losing her right winger Silvestre he was put out of action with a broken leg and he will miss the first six months of the season

There was good news for Ian Diack though as he won 3rd place in the goal of the month

Injuries seemed to be like a plague at this point as she lost Richardson,McCluskey and Mcmillan , and with another few players carrying some niggly injuries things looked grim for the newly appointed manager.

The following week showed that the team still had fighting sprit even without key players as they fought a hard end to end battle with cowdenbeath in which they managed to score 3 goals making the final score cowdenbeath 3 - 3 Rovers.

Things were looking up the week later as Rovers managed a good win over queens park beating them 1-0 even after going a man down Rovers managed to secure all 3 points.

Ryan McMullen shattered the peace at Borrouugh briggs when he scored a great goal for Elgin taking any chance of a point away from the Rovers.

The result was Elgin 1 - 0 Rovers

The following week saw Rovers turn things around and walk away comfortable winners over Stranraer as they coasted to a 3-0 win. It turned out a pretty good week for the team as Boylan also got goal of the month.

This week saw one of the youngsters shine as young Darren Cross got a shot at the big time due to injuries, he was incredible in his debut match and even managed a goal in rovers 3-0 win over Elgin.He's only 17 so I have no doubt we'll see more of him in the future.

Stewart Quietly pleased at Peterhead

Peterhead Boss Iain Stewart has stayed quiet over the past few games as he ponders overs his next move for Peterhead. Peterhead Currently site 5th in Div 3 although 15pts off top spot and 9pts off second they have 2 games in hand due to postponments thanks to an extended run in the Scottish Cup which see Dundee visit Balmoor Stadium in the 3rd round.

League form has been a litle erratic with the defence giving Stewart some cause for concern along with his Goalkeeper.

The league forms runs to date as

Losing 4-2 against Stranraer

Winning 3-0 against Elgin

Winning 4-1 against Queens Park

Losing 2-0 against Stirling

Drawing 1-1 with East Stirling

Losing 3-1 against Gretna

Drawing 1-1 with Montrose

Losing 3-1 against Albion Rovers

Losing 2-1 against Cowdenbeath

Winning 4-2 against Elgin

Winning 3-0 against Queens Park

Along the way they've knocked Arbroath and Stenhousemuir out of the Scottish Cup.

A few surprise players dropped but this seemed to have turned the results round and the team do seem to playing better, so new faces have been tied up for the up and coming January transfer window, with youn Keeper Bennett from Albion and young midfielder Ross coming in to add competition for places.

Slight concern over the rising debt at the club but with a nice push after xmas promotion is much in Peterheads sights and something that Stewart thinks is a possibility for the club.

Overall with Paterhead in the early stages of Building for the furture Stewart remains pleased with his lot and for the future at Balmoor.

Mr X

the great unshaven one has spoken, Bod gets the Spiders an thats that !

Well they were the only time i could give him plus he's to bloody good to give anyone else, but your concern for his well being is touching and i'll look on with interest on how you treat him in the scots gem, when ever rosco the greatest air guitar pool player with the slightly gay jumper ever gets the mac patch and we can get under way.

Reality hit 'Shire' boss Burnett hard as he watched his side fail to compete when they visited Stranraer, the home side totally dominated the 90mins and the 'Shire' made few chances in their 2-0 defeat.

Elgin came calling and left dazed and confused, another masterful midfield performance being the key to this 4-2 demolition of the visitors. kelly comitted the only transgrettion in an otherwise flawless display when he missed from the spot.

"Its a good result," said Burnett "but these stupid goals we're giving away are going to cost us one day."

1-4 away win's are always pleasing but when they happen at the spiritual home of the modern game they extremely sweet, 'Shire' boss Burnett was seen to be digging up turf from the goalmouth folowing his side's resounding victory at Hampden..he also turned a deaf ear to abuse shouted at him from his settee.

Cup fever infected more than the town as Nairn County played host to the still bouyant East Stirling, it was clearly evident that Burnett was stunned by the way the 90mins played out and it wasn't until after the interval that the 'Shire' finally got to grips with the non lge side, finaly emerging 1-3 victors and Kelly missing yet another penalty.

"Im more relieved than pleased," said Burnett "When I saw the draw I got into the silly mode and thought the game was going to be a kick about, they played us very well and we ended up having to chase this game, even when we were 3-1 up I felt we were still uncomfortable on the ball and unsure of our way."

lge action again and a visit from Gretna, the first 45 saw East Stirling with a comfortable 2-0 lead, but slack defending saw Gretna strike a double in the second half to take a deserved share of the spoils.

"What was I saying about these stupid goals, this game was done and dusted but this failing to concentrate at the back was going to cost us and it will again until we get some understanding that it's a 90min game not 75mins." said a less than cheerful Burnett.

To be fair Falconer has been a good signing, he has put quite a few away, "ther's many a guid tune played on an old fiddle".

sadly he's packing in at the end of the season and I haven't earmarked a replacement for him yet, but still looking and Im confident I can go into div II with a descent strike force.

"Will you shut up wi that bloody computer game," she spat "Im trying to read my book!"

"Book!" his head twisted like that burd in the exorcist.

"I got it for my christmas."

"What is it 'The Broons'?"

"Actually no! it's about famous Scot's and their legacy to the world."

"No much reading there then."

"Wrong again," she began to quote from the book

"Rabbie Burns, although a common man who wrote in the auld Scots tounge, found his works translated in to a multitude of languages, he was a great internationalist..."

"Internationalist! yur arse wummin! ther wiz nae fitba in his day"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taloola23uk:

I'm in the sunday league too, but sometimes it's no safe to hing aboot this thread when he's around.

Very strange man icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

point out the strange dude T and I will keep my eye on him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scotfun

point out the strange dude T and I will keep my eye on him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's the guy with the messed up hairstyle and that crazed far away look in his eye who keeps ramblin on about a technical area icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

he's the guy with the messed up hairstyle and that crazed far away look in his eye who keeps ramblin on about a technical area icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know about all that complicated stuff if I can help just ask.

alright, i know i quit a few weeks back and got the chance to come back in but couldn't make last week and got back late tonight so i'll stay dropped out. thanks again and good luck with it

Montrose Sack Willis

Montrose Chairman Paton has been forced to Sack Manager Jamie Willis ( aka MBallack ) after all contact was lost with the manager who was last seen going on holiday to watch Dream Team.

Paton said "although the club has email and the thread is there, simply not showing was good enough reason for him to be sacked from the club."

The club has now risen to 3rd in the 3rd Division and Paton added.

"Now he has left the club maybe he has plenty of time to enjoy his Dream Team box sets."

The club dont wish him all the best for his future in online management as manners and reliability dont seem to be his strong points.

Feel the Hampden ROAR!

A stunning start to the new session from Queens sees them come out of the blocks flying.

Queens Park 6 - 1 Montrose.

David Menelaws obviously had a new years resolution to stop playing like a tit and start scoring. By the time 51 minutes rolled around, he has scored 5 and set up another and Queens led promotion chasing Montrose by 6-0. A late consolation goal did nothing to dampen Queens' spirits , and the lads agreed to pay a tenner each to goalie Smith for him not getting his clean sheet bonus.

As the match concluded, so did McGuinness' latest business. In came yougn striker Ryan Docherty from Partick Thistle, fife sensation David Evans arrived from Raith Rovers, and experienced campaigner Stevie Kerrigan arrived on a free from Stirling Albion.

Albion Rovers 4 - 0 Queens Park

Theres not a lot you can say about Albion, other than marvel at their ability. Strong in midfield , deadly up front, and solid at the back. They will win Division 3 at a canter this year.

Queens Park 1 - 1 Cowdenbeath

An early Menelaws goal cancelled out by Ally Mauchlen in the 80th minute. 2 Points dropped rather than a point gained.

Stranraer 0 - 1 Queens Park

Queens first away win of the season comes against an ineffective Stranraer, whos manager has the proverbial Jaiket on a Shoogly peg. An early Menelaws strike and a brilliantly executed defensive counter sees Queens take all 3 points.

Gretna 3 - 1 Queens Park.

Promotion candidates Gretna came calling and Martin Cameron showed why hes too good for division 3. With the score at 1-1 after an early exchange of goals (a diack 50 yard run and cross for Menelaws being the highlight) , Cameron stepped up from 25 yards and cracked a free kick into the postage stamp corner. Queens were so bewildered by the class of the goal, that 120 seconds later when he teed up Baldacchino to finish the contest, they were still picking their jaws up off the ground.

So , Queens Park are back in the hunt. Now 1 point behind Cowdenbeath , Stranraer & Elgin , the climb up the table has begun in earnest.

Archived