[FM15] Abbey days are here again.

kris0710

I find it interesting that you get so many international offers. I finally got an international job in my save, but I had to apply. It is a sweet gig though........USA Coach 2.3 million/year.

Leeds seems to be doing fine so far........if you can keep form I project a safe midtable finish.

It is quite random. I would happily take on an International side, just has to be the right one.

It's been a good season, the closest to the relegation zone we've been was 3 points - after the opening round of results.

Cracking result against Arsenal. :thup:

Was very surprising and much needed.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MrhDwjI.png

Leeds United Football Club

Barclays Premier League - February 2021/22

uB6LTK5.png

Another difficult month as we fail to register a win, collecting just two points. Led at the break at Chelsea but two early second half goals changed the game although we nearly grabbed a point with a Luke James effort late on. Failure to hold onto a lead cost us in the next two games, Stoke coming from behind to draw 1-1 and then Villa came from 1-0 to lead with goals on 85 and 87 minutes but winger Pritchard earned a point just a minute later. Defeat at Hull followed the theme of the Villa match, us leading but conceding late on, 77th minute penalty and then in the 89th minute.

EN5FvCY.png

FA Cup 5th Round

kv84m66.png

Went out with a whimper to be honest, very disappointing from the start.

Record

vpyFGfM.png

Interview

aO7nneO.png

MrhDwjI.png

Barclays Premier League - April and May 2021/22

hKX2ECt.png

One point from the opening three games of the month was about the expected return before we failed to produce against Brighton. That triggered a change in formation, back to a more traditional 4-4-2 and we won the final two games, scoring goals and playing some decent stuff - food for thought during the summer perhaps.

vLYcgae.png

10th is a fabulous effort for a first year back in the top flight.

Great effort indeed, congratulations on a successful season.
Brilliant season, well done Sir :)
In seasons like this boring is excellent.

Thank you, plenty of room to improve this year. Will take boring if it means not being close to the bottom.

tlkA2gU.png

JfUkWn0.png

End of season merry go around and i decided to attend one of these interviews.

ciYKK7m.png

Now there is an offer. From the £300k pw wage budget at Leeds to a huge £1.5m, a pay rise of £8k pw and a year longer than i have here. Not too worried by the transfer budget given the season is coming to an end.

Stoke :(

Becoming a yo-yo club i'm afraid Nobby.

After PL finishes of 14th, 11th then 13th they finished 19th in 2017/18. Straight back up as Runners Up was followed by another 19th placed finish. Came up after a 5-2 AET Play Off win over Chesterfield before last seasons 20th placed finish.

Lost the 2018/19 FA Cup Final 2-0 to Chelsea and also lost the 2019/20 League Cup Final to Manchester United 2-1, United coming from behind with 85th and 90+3 minute goals.

Manager wise Hughes was sacked in 2017, Ronny Deila was next before he moved to Hull City in 2019. Since then Lee Johnson, Steve Bruce and Gary Mills have been hired and fired with Ian Holloway the current man in charge.

qbhapAq.png

Very much agree here, we over achieved massively.

Qp7r1cr.png

Hard to argue with this either, James has been great since joining for a small £32k, 44 goals in 96 games with 17 assists too.

XqCdyAL.png

Accepted an offer to honour our former youngster Will Hatfield. He has missed just 12 League Two games in the past 4 seasons for Stanley.

L30Vwxc.png

Another record broken.

NoVn1dB.png

bHYUQbi.png

With these two messages came my decision to reject a move to Newcastle United and give Leeds another season.

As a Bolton fan I find it amusing that our chairman Phil Gartside has been put in charge of Norwich! How has that come around if you don't mind me asking as irl he is in the employ of Eddie Davies and isn't the owner of the club.

I'd have gone to Newcastle myself.

I was hugely tempted, the way my current board mess around with the wage budget is really putting a strain on me staying.

Shoulda gone to Everton ;)

Maybe next time. :thup:

As a Bolton fan I find it amusing that our chairman Phil Gartside has been put in charge of Norwich! How has that come around if you don't mind me asking as irl he is in the employ of Eddie Davies and isn't the owner of the club.

Well Eddie Davies left Bolton in November 2015, selling out to a consortium. Phil Gartside took over a Norwich in Feb 2016 as head of a consortium and has overseen a PL relegation, winning the Championship, lifting the League Cup and moving to a new 44,000 stadium.

MrhDwjI.png

Barclays Premier League - Pre Season 2022/23

Expectations

xVBs73V.png

Once again i am happy with what is expected of me. Personally i am looking for a top 10 PL finish and a run in the cups.

Transfers Out

2Z2nMef.png

Five main pieces of news from the summer exits, Tyler Blackett and James Wallace wanted out and were allowed to leave for nominal fees. Oliver Mossmer's move last summer didn't work out and i was happy to recoup some of what i paid for him. Experienced defender Ariaudo was unhappy with the lack of games last season so a new deal was never going to be offered whilst finally i hand was forced into selling Abdou Aziz Thiam. With the wage budget cut as with last summer and still needing at least three players i knew i needed to sell someone to transfer funds over to the wages. It was either Thiam or Luke James and i opted for the first with QPR paying just £200k more than we signed him for last summer.

Transfers In

UTka1kv.png

Another big summer of signings including a £10m purchase.

Birk Risa - A good scoring record in the last two years in Germany, 29 goals in 64 games. Paid more than i wanted but a strong pre season has helped water down those feelings.

Jose Maria Amo - I believe we have a bargain here, Amo coming in for £2.6m after two seasons in La Liga.

Lewis Thomas - Played a big part in getting Charlton to the PL last season, a step up but one he can cope with.

Dele Alli - A big signing but this player fits in perfectly. Being so versatile is a bonus, saving me signing an extra player.

Stephan Schacht - This deal was done in January, needs to improve a couple of areas but a good base to work with.

Federico Bernardeschi - Has been on the fringes at Bologna and with money tight this deal suits both parties.

Simone Verdi - Another from Italy who struggles to command a regular place, missed pre season so won't feature much early on.

Results

MrJNhd1.png

Near perfect summer, just the Testimonial letting us down.

Just read through this entire thread. Wow, some fantastic stuff! I poked around your first go at Cambridge a couple days ago, noticed this one and had to read it. Quite the journey you have been on in this career save but I'm definitely glad you decided to stay at Leeds instead of heading to Newcastle. Should pose to be a tougher challenge but I think another good season with Leeds could get you an even better offer! I'll be following.

Schacht looks like he could become a fantastic player for you.

He needs plenty of work, lacks some basic skills but at 20 years old there is time on his side.

Just read through this entire thread. Wow, some fantastic stuff! I poked around your first go at Cambridge a couple days ago, noticed this one and had to read it. Quite the journey you have been on in this career save but I'm definitely glad you decided to stay at Leeds instead of heading to Newcastle. Should pose to be a tougher challenge but I think another good season with Leeds could get you an even better offer! I'll be following.

Welcome R1zzo, nice to have a new follower.

You are a brave man entering the old thread, it went on a bit! :D. This one has certainly been interesting and unusually for me success too. Left Cambridge early perhaps and the whole France gig was a let down. With Leeds i am very content during the season but as soon as the manager merry go round happens in May i find myself tempted to leave but can't find the right club.

MrhDwjI.png

Barclays Premier League - August 2022/23

Hgj0BVl.png

How about that for a start. The season started identical to last year, a goal in each half away from home put us firmly in control only for us to concede late on giving a few nervy moments. It was good to see Tulissi from his new role after a disappointing first season in England and the second was a long range strike from new striker Risa, starting to pay back the £6.75m spent on him. Very much same again as we beat West Ham 2-1, Risa and Tulissi scoring before the Hammers hit a consolation in the final ten minutes. Tiziano Tulissi topped off a wonderful month with another goal and another assist (he has either scored or assisted five of our six PL goals this season) with sub Hasenhuttl sealing the 2-0 win at Derby.

HpmFN4G.png

Capital One Cup 2nd Round

GS5jU2a.png

A changed side made very tough work of League Two Bury, Hasenhuttl the hero just after half time. Will have to play much better away at Championship side Middlesbrough if we want to progress further.

MrhDwjI.png

Barclays Premier League - September 2022/23

4w333re.png

Two wins from three and our great start continues. Charlton were demolished with a great display from my two frontmen, Luke James and Hasenhuttl who scored scored and assisted three between them. A penalty from Tulissi kept up his good form this season and we had strikes from midfielders Lemina and sub Verdi. Chelsea blew us away with three first half goals but the second half was much better, more so considering we had ten men from the 65th minute with Risa off injured after all subs had been made. Wanted a reaction when we hosted Newcastle and that is exactly what i got, winning 3-0 with the three best players of this month all on target. The downside was a red card for Paul Hutchings but that hardly dampened the mood.

UCKLjzK.png

Drop a place from last month but a dream start it has been.

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

fTwUZIS.png

Unusually for me i went with a full strength side at Middlesbrough and it paid off, with some to spare. A goal each for the front men and another Man of the Match award for Tulissi the main stories of the day. Premier League rivals QPR are next up, coming to Elland Road.

Contract

0jTtETZ.png

A new deal, no movement on wages as i insisted on a 50% compensation clause in the deal.

Training

KAjvFjZ.png

Another insistence in signing a new deal was better training facilities that the board agreed to.

Award

JJIFQMF.png

A great month for Lemina, already scored the same amount as last season in 21 games fewer!

Archived