53 years of football management, give me something better than Preston..

Kamakazeee

53 years of football management, give me something better than Preston!

Hey, thanks for reading my career thread. The title coincides with the fact i played a career spanning 53 years on the last installment of football manager, managing 17 teams and ending up with Preston as final team. So i do hope for a more "celebrity" based team at the finale of this game.

Anywho, i started with just the Brazilian teams loaded, I will add leagues as i decide to move on with my career and when i want to change team and i felt the Brazilian league was a great place to start. Ive set all my coaching and managerial styles to the bottom with an umemployed status. I plan on stopping in brazil two or three years til i have layed the roots to my management career on working my way to the top tasting a plethora of different leagues and teams whilst i do so.

Home_My_Profile_Profile.pngManagerial_stats.png

Salgueiro_PE_General.png

After applying for what seemed half of the jobs in Brazil my rookie manager finally got the opportunity to attend an interview. We seemed to impress in the interview and are not the proud manager of Salgueiro, which gives us our first foray into the world of Football Management. Now im not going to bore you by going into the history of the club cos it benefits neither me or you, and quite frankly I dont think there is any. I dont lie to say i have a affinity to this club, cos i dont, it merely is a stepping stone in our career, the start. But, who knows, it may play its way into my heart.

Home_Home.jpg Competitions_Competitions.jpg

Now, a little bit of an overview into there season already, we got to the second round of the Copa Do Brazil, not a splendid run, as we were eventually wel beaten by Boavista over 2 legs, hardly something that fills me with confidence with how this season may pan out with me in charge. We seem to have fared quite well in the Campeonatos Estaduais and reached the relegation stage, which i dont have the foggiest whether thats a good or bad thing, but ill role with it and i guess im on a learning curve here. Looking at our current league form in the Brasileiro Serie C, well its dire, ive got a job on my hands here, we languish at the bottom of the table and are only lucky that the teams above us seems to be just as bad, so lets hope i can create the masterplan to get us up the table a tad.

Squad_Players_Players.jpg team_2.jpg Alison_Overview_Profile.jpg Marcos_Tamandar_Overview_Profile.jpg Z_Roberto_Overview_Profile.jpg

The best players in the squad who i think can offer something are screened above, they seem quite decent for this level after snooping at other teams players, so im confident ive got a decent base to build upon, i am however worried about the amount of loan players at the club and with no transfer budget and a less than impressive wage budget it could be quite a challenge to get a squad together next season.Say that I am particularly intrigued by the striker, Ze Roberto, he looks a gem and going by his name i hope he can live with the burden on his shoulders. The fullback Tamandare seems like he could boss the wings and ill have him running up down there all day and my captain Alison, despite his more than average feminine name i hope he can become the leader our defence needs to drag this club through the no doubt difficult challenge that we have.

. Ive also noticed that most teams play the traditional 4-2-2-2 Brazillian box, which im going to advantage of the space vacant-ed on the wings, fielding a version of an 4-2DM-1CM-2WNGRS-1ST see how that fairs, with the full backs playing high up the pitch.

Anywho im off to get started, shall report back on a monthly basis.

Salgueiro_PE_General.png

So after taking my first managerial job, i went to check how many games of the season there was left eager to get started and i realised there was only 4 -_- But looking at the league i knew they would need to be good as i only had 4 games to drag this team off the bowels of the league and get them to safety.

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures.png SIL_Campeonato_Brasileiro_S_rie_C_Overview_Prof.png

Well what a start to my reins in charge of Salgueiro 3 out 4 wins aint a bad return at all, pleased with both ends of the pitch too the defence was the biggest shock to me albeit the amount of goals we scored as the comparison of players ability betwween the two was night and day, the players though seemed to be a lot better than they first looked to me. Plus it helps that they have two cracking parent clubs in Sport and Nautico. I am highly worried though on how much i depended on the players on loan at the club. As Neto "as in Cornetto" (sorry couldnt resist) and Adniel were absolute rocks in my midfield and were vital to how we played to secure status in the league. Ze Roberto, like i said above didnt let me down, he played two positions, striker and RW and he didnt let me down in either, I would prefer to see him up top though, but ive seen we have a great looking striker coming back from loan, so i may just leave him there.

Im going to see how many players i can get back on loan as there isnt many players out there who would accept the pittance of a wage i can offer at the moment as the club is in dire straits financially, but there is a presidency election for 18th January before start of next season, so i hope he comes in and sorts the finances out.

Salgueiro_PE_General.png

Transfers_Transfer_History.jpg

After assessing the squad in the few games i had during the tail end of last season and the few friendlies i arranged just to check on certain players i came to the conclusion that only my defence needed work and that my attack and midfield would be boosted sufficiently by returning loan players. I also had to ship out anyone that wasnt guaranteed a spot that was on wages over 1k as the clubs balance was getting worse as time went on. I managed to secure the return loans of a few players last year, notbaly Neto, David and Ze roberto from my parent club Sport. I also managed to sign Danilo on loan form Nautico also a parent club, they were great in bolstering my depth with the bonus of paying no wages. Marinho was brought in as his potential seems off the scale and i also love a project of growing a world class player who should hopefully be able to be sold to help the clubs finances in the future. Bruno is a young keeper with decent potential to play back up and hopefully take over in a few years.

Danilo_Quipap_Overview_Profile.jpg Marinho_Overview_Profile.jpg Bruno_Overview_Profile.jpg

The players returning from loan include Patrick who seems like a beast of a striker with credible psychical for the league and club stature who will be a my main focal point up top this season. Josa looks a quality midfielder who will add bite to our midfield and help with the loss of the loanees which my wage budget wouldnt allow me to attract back this season and finally Rodrigo looks a decent option to push for a starting place in my defence.

Patrick_Overview_Profile.jpg Rodrigo_Overview_Profile.jpg Josa_Overview_Profile.jpg

The clubs precidency allection went ahead and we got a new president but hes decided against pumping any money into the club and instead financed a loan to help with the running costs, which we have to start paying back in a few month. Doesnt really help at all so envisage more sales at the end of the season to keep afloat.

Inbox_Inbox.png

We also had a pretty mediocre youth intake, with only two players looking like they have anywhere near decent potential, Ricardinho, great name just hope he has the some potential locked away where can live up to such a special name, Im maybe thinking of training him as a winger seeing how he turns out. Arraial, looks like he could be a decent squad player in defence on either fullback position, might train him in a few positions so he can offer back up, might increase his worth to the team over time.

Ricardinho_Overview_Profile.jpg Arraial_Overview_Profile.jpg

Salgueiro_PE_General.png

Campeonato_Pernambucano_Overview_Stages.jpg

So the season has kicked off and above is the table of the Campeonato Pernambucano after the first month of games. Im quite surprised the fact both of our points have come against the two hardest team in the group and we were good value for both wins, they also turn out to be our parent clubs too ^_^ . The central PE match im extremely dissappointed by as we really played them off the park but no goal meant we didnt get the point or three points our performance justified. If i can get the defence sorted then i think i do have the basis of a decent team, we just seem to lose the ball to sloppy passes throughout the defence and opposition are all of a sudden on top of us, but we should be ok i aiming for about 4th place which i think would be a decent result.

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures.jpg

Patrick has made his first appearance in the last two games and scored a goal in each so om very happy with that, and also Diego Paulista came back from injury and scored 2 goals which im hoping hes going to be a big player this season for us. The team onwhole arent bad, i think with a lot of players going out its unsettled the team slightly so im making allowances atm and hoping things pick up once weve created a bit morale within in the group and team cohesion.

Decent start to the secon.... Let's say first full season :p

Let's see what kind of waves you can make in Brazil!

As this is a stepping stone, I imagine you won't get much out of your youth prospects, but hopefully they can improve at a fast enough rate to feature. I like the name Ricardinho :)

Decent start to the secon.... Let's say first full season :p

Let's see what kind of waves you can make in Brazil!

As this is a stepping stone, I imagine you won't get much out of your youth prospects, but hopefully they can improve at a fast enough rate to feature. I like the name Ricardinho :)

Haha you dont know how gutted i was to wait nearly a season and a bit to be left with 4 games and then have to wait nearly 5 more month for more games :p I think ill stop 2/3 seasons so i should see decent improvements for the standard of league :)

That in itself is better than Preston already :D

Haha it was a Preston ran by a Consortium featuring Emilie Heskey though :rolleyes:

Salgueiro_PE_General.png

Campeonato_Pernambucano_Overview_Profile.jpg

So the league format of this competition has come to a close and its safe to say we have done ourselves proud. The board only wished us to stay competition and not embarass ourselves, well im pleased to say we certainly did that and even managed to creep into the playoffs semi final whilst doing so, its a pleasant viewing also to look at the table and fixtures that no one really dished us an absolute battering, we were always in every game and i feel if we had that bit extra talent in certain postions we would have done a lot better.

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures.jpg

Im pleased to say we did tighten up our defence, we have now gone "ala" Pulis at stoke and are not fielding two centerbacks at full backs and have got them strictly concentrating on there defensive duties and seems to have give a lot more balance and stabilty to our back line. The Santa Cruz match really impressed me, i dont think such a small team has ever dominated a larger team from the first whistle to the last, not from what ive seen. Patrick has really come into his own now too, hes took the role of a wide target man and has come to the fore with 5 goals and 6 assists in 8 games, massively impressed with him. Just hope we can keep hold of him as he is now wanted by a few bigger clubs.

Campeonato_Pernambucano_Overview_Profile_2.png

I am a bit gutted to have got SPort in the semi final, but this tie is by no means impossible as we have more than held our own against the big boys we have come up against, if we can nick a goal or two in the home leg im more than certain we can hold out in the return fixture.

This game has crash dumped, sorry guys. I will be starting another game soon, after reading a few stories @duroliponte game got me really intrigued, i think this will be next game as long as he doesnt mind making a thread on the same game as him, dont want to step on anyones toes haha. :phttp://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/419651-FM15-Keeping-It-Steel-Duroliponte-s-British-Steel-Challenge-Save

Telling me, i had 4 updates wrote up ready to be posted about to start the next season. Ive now allowed the rolling save option to be on the safe side on my new game ;)

Good idea, 3-file rolling weekly autosave has been my standard practice for years, though I haven't actually needed it anywhere near as much as I did before :D

Archived