[FMC] [FM15] Out of the comfort zone(s) back in, then out again!

RTHerringbone

That's crazy :eek: How do you sell players for crazy prices? :D

Offer To Clubs, that's it. I set their price at about 20% more than the current value and that's it. I'm selling very good players at their peak (25-29 years old) and doing so enables me to reinvest in cheaper, young players with high potential, who in 6-8 years will be sold for similar high fees, and so the circle continues.

That's the downside of FM. Very easy to dominate after a handful of seasons at the top end because AI squad building is still pretty duff.

I have never played FMC - How are you finding it overall?

I love FMC and have become a bit of a soap box guy for the mode. I first tried it in FM13 (its first year) and liked it but was still drawn back to Sim mode.

Last year, I gave it another go, looked back at Sim Mode once but switched back soon after. Haven't played a minute of Sim Mode this year. I prefer FMC as it fully delivers in the areas I find important: tactics, squad building and now player development is catching up with Sim Mode too in FMC. It strips out all the bad interaction nonsense, allows you to progress far, far faster than Sim Mode, and I prefer the aesthetics too. It can still improve in one or two areas, but FMC is outstandingly good.

Wow, 16 points in front of the crowd. Manchester United doesn't seem to score much? Drawing a lot but very solid defensively?

No teams on my saves score that many, which is why I always find it hard to empathise with people in the General Discussion forum who rant and rave about too many shots, too many goals etc. etc. I think United have hit over 90 goals in one or two seasons, and it generally seems to be the teams who score 80-95 who end up at the top.

I think the most goals scored in the Premier League in my eight seasons so far is 94. Chelsea and Man City scored more than that in real life last season. All I can say is that I use my own tactics (which are detailed in this thread) and they are "normal" systems which don't go overly attacking, and this makes my game "normal" too.

The standard seven season itch became far to itchy after the eighth season.

Well, I haven't quite finished it yet, but we've won the league and are still contesting the FA Cup and Champions League. With an average age of 21, the squad is set and with the board refusing a new stadium again, I'm parking the save and creating a "Save As" one, where I resign for Saints and seek employment elsewhere.

I'm using Add/Remove Leagues to basically give me all of South America (barring Brazilian 3rd Division) plus England to League Two and Scotland to Division Two.

I'm hopeful my World Class reputation doesn't put off prospective employers. I've just read the two "Johnny Cooper - Championship Manager" books (highly recommended cheap on Kindle too with the first one free, the second two quid) and am inspired by the lower reaches in England. I've also got a South American urge, and my Scottish heritage makes me want to take a look North of the border too. We'll see......

Won the league pretty easily by the looks, a whole 24 points ahead of Man City! If you go to Brazil/ South America will you be looking to build up youth? You could try the 1000 appearances challenge or even the 1000 goals challenge if you get the right player through :)

I'm not sure what I'll do. I've done 510 games with Saints, 511 is the CL Final against Real Madrid.

I'll revert back to Instant Result only for the next stage in whatever I do, and will also just do the same in this final.

EDIT - Won 3-1. Nice way to sign off :cool:

A(nother) fresh start

So....... rather than clog this forum up with a new thread, I've decided to step away entirely from the Saints save and start a brand new one. What's the drill? Well:

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-19-44-53.png

That's me. Still FMC. Automatic Reputation. Starting unemployed and applying for all jobs whilst on indefinite holiday.

What leagues are loaded?

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-19-45-34.png

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-19-45-50.png

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-19-46-01.png

No idea why I chose that lot. I just did :)

Rules

I'm setting a few rigid rules, which I won't deviate from:

i) Accept any job offered. If, in 5 years time I'm top of a league somewhere and offered a job by a side lower down the pyramid, I have to take it

ii) My manager profile shows a preference for a 4-3-1-2 narrow formation. Never used one before but I'm not allowed to use any other system on this save. After a particularly humbling defeat I'll allow myself to watch highlights to try to spot the flaws in the system and I'll let myself watch preseason matches to tinker if required. No competitive match will ever be watched in any level of detail

iii) All I'm doing is signing players and hitting Instant Result. My AssMan will be asked to Quick Pick the team (assuming I have an AssMan)

iv) I'll Add / Remove leagues as things progress

First job offer had, of course, to be accepted. It took a while, but I'm off to Brazil!:

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-20-13-22.png

Ah yes, of course! It's Águia de Marabá!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Águia_de_Marabá_Futebol_Clube

With a 32 year history, we aren't littered with much history of success. Furthermore, we aren't exactly flying high:

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-20-15-59.png

Oddly enough, I'm not familiar with the format of the Brazilian National Third Division. It appears that over the course of the next 5 games (18 game First Stage, I just need to avoid the bottom two places, as those are the relegation spots).

Bam! Instant Result doesn't mess about, so the season is done.

My strange reverse order Schedule reveals these results in my five game tenure:

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-20-57-24.png

Yielding a nice relegation free end to the season:

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-20-57-39.png

No idea what happens next. Assume I will lose a bunch of decent loanees and end up with dross in preparation for the next season.....

Our final league position earned us a generous £300k, but it transpires that we are over our wage budget and can't sign anyone :mad:

As a result, I've terminated all loan deals, so we have £2k per week to play with, which is actually a fair bit in this division.

Our board have upped the Youth Development Budget too, so hopefully if I'm here for a while, we'll see some reasonable newgens over time.

EDIT - Have realised I need cover at left back, and a couple of forwards as we have no depth or quality there. Fortunately there are a few free players available.

Transfers

We've let six loanees go, and replaced them with four free transfers.

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-21-29-54.png

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-21-30-14.png

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-21-30-43.png

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-21-31-01.png

I'm pretty happy with that. We really lacked options up front, and had just one left back. Whilst Ronaldo is right sided, I'll train him on the left and hope the Quick Pick option ultimately recognises him on that side. Attributes of around 13 seem the norm for this level, so it's not a bad standard at all.

Wow surprised to see your team are joint favourites for the title :D

Good signings you're bringing in.

At any level in Brazil, the State Championships are a bit of a pre-season-esque waste of time. It's like Southampton playing Eastleigh or Chandlers Ford. Fixtures come thick and fast, and it's where lean squads like mine might struggle. We've started well but injuries are piling up.

Struggling to get my head round the Brazilian competition formats!

I've done a bad job of google-ing the answers, so if anyone can confirm I'd be happy!

I know that there are National and State Championships, with the State Campeonato Paraense being historically a two-horse race:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campeonato_Paraense

45 titles for Paysandu, 43 for Remo. The next most successful have just 10, and only six sides ever have won it since 1908. According to my fixtures, there are Stages and Turns within the States? :confused: Looks like we "won" Stage Two, Turn One and we then competed in a knock-out (which I haven't contested the final of, yet). What next? What's with all the turns, stages etc.?

I've had even less exposure to the National Division Three, as I only got the job when 5 games were left. As far as Division Three goes, my table implies that there are groups and stages? What's the deal with that competition? How many other multi-stage competitions are there? We're already in the Cope Verde, but I'm expecting a bunch more random stuff to pop up! Any answers gratefully received!

Brazilian third division as follows (I think):

Stage One - Two groups of ten, play each other in group twice, home and away. Bottom two in each group relegated to fourth tier at completion of the 18 game stage.

Stage Two - Top four of each group go forward to straightforward knockout tournament. Last four to get promoted to second tier.

In FM14 I played with Atletico Mineiro - was actually my first FMC 14 save. The state championships seem like pre-season friendlies for the big teams. But you play a lot a lot of games throughout the season.

Brazil is brutal! The schedule is relentless, as the match dates on the schedule below will highlight. Playing every other day is not unusual.

We are on a long unbeaten spell, but drawing more than you'd hope:

screen-shot-2015-01-22-at-20-07-59.png

Net result was a third place finish in the 2nd Stage Turn Two. Not a clue what that amount to, but we appear to be in some sort of knock-out against Remo, who we edge head-to-head results against.

screen-shot-2015-01-22-at-20-08-17.png

In one of many cups we seem to be contesting, we advance to the second round of the Brazilian Cup against ND1 side Avai.

A key to our relatively good form has been the performances of (Oh!) Dan(ny)iel Boy(i), who has netted 15 in 15. To be fair, all the freebies are doing well, and I need more when I can afford them to keep the squad fresh in this ridiculous fixture list.

screen-shot-2015-01-22-at-20-08-46.png

Words cannot describe my amazement with the Brazilian football rules :o

Draw 1-1 with Paysandu at our place in the 2nd Stage Turn Two Final 1st Leg. Win 2-2 at theirs! Hooray! Silverware! We're the champions on away goals surely?!

screen-shot-2015-01-22-at-20-58-29.png

Que? Excuse me? We're a lesser seed, we've drawn on aggregate but scored more at their ground? Surely we have done "better"? The mind boggles :mad:

Archived