FM15 - Wolfsburg

DirtyJoe

Can someone suggest tactics (not formations, instructions) that will work for the team at the start of the game? No matter what I do, the team just isn't working well for me.

Take a look at my tactic at #50. I don't really change my formation or instruction no matter who I play. Another is to visit the tactics forum and download 1 of their tactic.

Season 16/17 Mid-season Update

Transfers(July - August)

After a breakdown on the contract extension, Naldo was let go.

Max Arnold actually agreed to an improved contract but an enquiry came from Dortmund. I decided to put in a price(31m + 50% of his next transfer fee) and Dortmund duly accepted. I think I got a good deal considering I can get more if he moves on from Dortmund.

thEL4l3.png

Competitions

Super Cup

Beat Bayern Munich 4-2 at the Allianz Arena with 2 goals from De Bruyne, Eriksen and Kramer.

League

As Bayern went for the WCC, I took advantage and build 8 points lead from them. The only loss coming from none other than Bayern.

p7hhXL1.png

Best Result so far

Hertha Berlin is doing well this season, 2nd in the league. They are managed by Dieter Hecking now.

HykDTBe.png

German Cup

Beaten Freialdenhoven, Monchengladbach and Bayern so far. Will be playing Schalke away in the quarter-finals.

Champions League

Although we were the 3rd seed, we were handed a relatively easy group.

My reward for finishing 1st? A 1st round ko tie against 'mighty' Spain Granada. :D

lhlkDp8.png

Stats(Sorted by goals)

I hope I can have 3 players with 2 double doubles(20 goals and 20 assists) and 5 players with at least 20 goals at the end of the season.

fplEjrO.png

In other news

Kevin De Bruyne finally getting the world recognition for being the Bundesliga best player for the last 2 years.

5FfOgUI.png

Season 16/17 review

Transfers(Jan)

In

Gaston Gil Romero – 6m

Out

Luis Gustavo to Dortmund – 16m

Decided to sell Luis Gustavo because of his poor disciplinary record. He is the most consistent DM in the team but when he gets a yellow card, it’s almost certain he will be send off.

Competitions

League

101 goals scored tied Bayern Munich 1971/72 record. Too bad we can't get the extra goal to break the record.

Hamburg finally gets relegated for the 1st time in their history.

Hr7xpNw.png

Champions League

oD83XG9.png

German Cup

Completed the treble by defeating Hertha Berlin 1-0 after extra time.

Stats(Sorted by goals)

9vHDFmR.png

I rotate my 2 strikers for CL/Cup and league games. Lacazette is the league striker while Aboubakar is the cup competitions striker.

Lacazette broke the Gerd Muller Bundesliga top scorer record with 41 league goals in 38 games. He was named Bundesliga Player of the Year and also Europe top marksman.

Kevin De Bruyne is having a career season. He won the European Championship with Belgium before the season started and almost swept all the individual awards.

Fifa Ballon d’Or Winner

16/17 Champions League Player of the Year

16/17 Bundesliga Players Player of the Year

16/17 European Player of the Year

16/17 Fans Player of the Year

He has since been rewarded a 160k per week contract extension with the club till 2022.

Really tempted to start a post data update save with Wolfsburg. The lure of having De Bruyne, Rodriguez and Schurrle at the same club is pretty strong! How do you guys find it in terms of keeping hold of them? Are they happy at the club or are they likely to push for moves?

Really tempted to start a post data update save with Wolfsburg. The lure of having De Bruyne, Rodriguez and Schurrle at the same club is pretty strong! How do you guys find it in terms of keeping hold of them? Are they happy at the club or are they likely to push for moves?

I would offer Rodriguez a new contract day one.

You have a great squad, with the only need is a quality forward. I am going to try and grab Kruse from Gladbach.

• 2 weeks later...

After playing with the new update with new teams, don't have the motivation to start over again.

Season 17/18

Transfers

Decided to shake things up alittle by selling a 1st team player. Offered Andrea Hahn for sale and Man City bought him for club record fee of 64m. This is the 2nd time that Man City broke the club record. The 1st time was when they bought Eden Dzeko.

Club legend Diego Bengalio also left the club after Timo Horn joined from relegated FC Koln.

Highly rated rightback Alex Da Costa(regen) was signed for a whopping 28m.

mfebL69.png

qkPgr7x.png

Squad

GKs

Hugo Lloris(capt)

Timo Horn

Fullbacks

Sebastian Jung

Ricardo Rodriguez

Alex Da Costa(regen)

Centre-Backs

Junior Malanda

Niklas Sule

Robin Knoche

Defensive Midfielders

Gaston Gil Romero

Nemanja Matic

Christoph Kramer

Julian Weigl

Attacking Midfielders

Kevin De Bruyne(v.capt)

Christian Eriksen

Fred

Suso

Juan Fernando Quintero

Viktor Fischer

Strikers

Alexandre Lacazette

Vincent Aboubakar

Competitions

German Super Cup

Lost 1-0 to Bayern Munich.

League

We finally broke the league scoring record with 109 goals scored. The total points of 91 also tied Bayern Munich record set in 12/13. Maybe we can overwrite it next season?

BtQcvfK.png

European Super Cup

Beat PSG 2-0 with goals from Aboubakar and Eriksen.

Club World Championship

Battered them yet took the team till extra time to beat them.

cO41m72.png

German Cup

Finally getting to dominate Bayern when we play them now.

Jv0u0ZV.png

Champions League

Lead 3-0 at ht before Real Madrid made things interesting in the 2nd half. Hard to deny we deserved the win with the chances we had.

BuhULMq.png

Stats(Sorted by goals)

X0pGEXP.png

Kevin De Bruyne watch

This season he has finally score 20 goals with 30 assists. I guess I can say he is my fav FM 15 player now. Even though Eriksen attributes are better than him but De Bruyne seems to be better and more consistent than him.

Pe3XO6t.png

7cHL82Z.png

• 4 months later...

vasilli07 how do you find the interplay between the AMC and CF?

Things are working for you but since you have 2 DLP in the midfield, dont you feel that sometimes there is no connection between midfield and attack, mainly because you attacking AMC is already doing forward runs?

vasilli07 how do you find the interplay between the AMC and CF?

Things are working for you but since you have 2 DLP in the midfield, dont you feel that sometimes there is no connection between midfield and attack, mainly because you attacking AMC is already doing forward runs?

Not really. The DLP do have the tendency to bring the ball up. My front 4(ML, MR, AMC and S) also have roam from position PI so they have the license to move around just to get the ball.

• 2 months later...

So I decided to have a crack with Wolfsburg because I have a thing for green kits, and they have a great team but a limited history. So I hope I can be the first person to build a sort of "dynasty" there.

I was shocked at the dire financial situation with us regularly making losses of £5-6m per month and it wasn't long before we were in the red despite having a balance of £25m in July. I was given nothing to spend on players and told to finish in a Champions League place at the end of the season.

So far so good, I am into February and sit third in the table with a healthy points advantage over fourth place Schalke and fifth place Leverkusen. The title is out of reach with Bayern already ten points clear but I reckon we can still catch Dortmund who are only a point ahead of us.

My favourite formation on FM is the 4-1-2-2-1 which I take everywhere but I am having trouble fitting some of our better players into it, especially De Bruyne who spends most of his time on the bench as Schurrle has been in great form and has made the left wing berth is own and I don't feel like I can drop him. At the start of the season I temporarily abandoned 4-1-2-2-1 and went with a 4-2-3-1 with De Bruyne playing in the hole behind the striker but we conceded too many goals so I reverted to using a defensive midfielder, playing Luiz Gustavo in front of the back four.

I don't have a natural box to box midfielder either which is causing us some problems, I'm playing Arnold in that role with Hunt set as a central midfielder attack. In the Summer If I am granted some decent money I'll need to find a couple of central midfielders if we want to start challenging for honours.

Archived