Manager sackings

I disagree.

In Germany we have between 2 and 10 sacking over the two top divisions by December.

Right now we are already at 1 for this season. (oh yeah, and 2 changes in EPL already too)

Haven't seen more than 4 or 5 sackings in EPL until December in the game which looks just fine.

E.g Keegan and Curbishly have resigned 3 games into the season on Wednesday adn Thursday . In fm08 this wouldnt happen , as they usualy are sacked on the night of their last match in charge.

Also Kevin Bond was sacked last week by Bournemouth , very early on in the season.

It's hard for SI to program personality clashes and boardroom wranglings with any degree of accuracy. If they'd programmed the recent Newcastle and West Ham spats in FM08 and Keegan or Curbishly played the game, they'd be a little hacked off.

Not sure what people are expecting from SI in these instances. The main reasons you get sacked in FM are poor results and a board takeover that wants to go "in a different direction". I think that's ample, otherwise you end up with a bunch of random sackings and then people will complain about THAT too.

It's one area of the game I don't think will ever accuratly be portrayed.

I think the only thing SI can do is program instances where board and manager tensions arise. Not have tensions that have happened in real-life necessarily - e.g KK and Newcastle. They could code it like they do takeovers where any club can be affected by them but some clubs are more likely to get them than others.

i think a few non league managers have been sacked this week, like the manager at woking which are still in the playable leagues. I expect quite a few more to be sacked in the lower leagues (league 1 or below) before the end of sep as the turnover is always quite high in these leagues IRL.

I think there should be more media to do with fans when a manager leaves or gets sacked. its pretty pants when you decide you need a new challenge after winning loads of trophies, build up a quaility squad all the way through to the youth's and have made the club tons of money in the process.

you decide to leave, and thats it....no tears no unhappy players.. its like you never existed, i notice that i am also in the hated list....pfff fickle....

we need more media to massage our ego's

id also like to see in your personnel profile, where it says future plans.....that a list of interested clubs would appear, exactly the same as players......

i know there is media speculation etc.......but id like to know who wants me, so when the time comes i make the right choice for me...

my point is.....i became the manager of croatia, 2 days later scotland wanted me ....no brainer i quit and took up my new role.....that could have been avoided if i knew they were interested

I think there should be more media to do with fans when a manager leaves or gets sacked. its pretty pants when you decide you need a new challenge after winning loads of trophies, build up a quaility squad all the way through to the youth's and have made the club tons of money in the process.

you decide to leave, and thats it....no tears no unhappy players.. its like you never existed, i notice that i am also in the hated list....pfff fickle....

we need more media to massage our ego's

id also like to see in your personnel profile, where it says future plans.....that a list of interested clubs would appear, exactly the same as players......

i know there is media speculation etc.......but id like to know who wants me, so when the time comes i make the right choice for me...

my point is.....i became the manager of croatia, 2 days later scotland wanted me ....no brainer i quit and took up my new role.....that could have been avoided if i knew they were interested

Totally agree with the media aspect.

Archived