Transfer Wage Imbalance/Story Leaked

Greetings,

Whilst playing in the greek league, I tried to purchase a Brazilian player from another team for 1.5 million. At the time he was getting paid around 1.9k per week. When it got down to contract negotiations with the player, the player was asking for wages of around 16k per week. I disagreed to his demands. Because the story was leaked Flamengo soccer club from Brazil had an interest in this player and ended purchasing him for 1.5 million and are now paying him 8.5k per week which is half of what he was asking for from me.

I"m not sure how this is working out here, from 1.9k per week he then asked for 16k per week from my team but he opted to go to flamengo for 8.5k. Can someone explain to me what exactly is going on. When I am after players the story get's leaked and i loose top quality scouted players. Is this justice to our scouting department ? or is there something I am not doing right ? What makes transfers get leaked out to other teams ? and how can we stop this from happening ?

looking forward to your replys

FM Fan

What's the tax situation for both countries - maybe he has a better net wage in Brazil than in Greece?

Regarding the leaks, you'll never learn WHO leaked the offer, I've always suspected it's a player on the squad who doesn't want competition. Just once I'd like to find out who leaks the offer, so I could send them packing.

I'm often see myself in the same situation as the OP. I've even tried to have top staff to manage the contract talks but they do no better than me.

That leads me to believe wage demands has a lot to do with reputation (club, league, manager?) and maybe even training facilities?

Or maybe AI just hate human managers :rolleyes:

I have noticed similar. One of my players, who was very happy, has my side listed as a favourite club and is actually club captain, wanted £9k (which I was happy to offer) to stay at my club. Inverness CT came in with a contract which he accepted instead.

He is now playing in Scotlands second tier, earning £1.2k per week, for a club he has no history or affection with. My side had just been promoted to the BPL btw.

One thing i do know is that when you offer the agent more money in the contract you get your away around a bit more easy. I'm not sure again if club reputation is also counted for in this situation. Flamengo does have a better reputation than the greek team I am playing. I'm not sure if by having a higher club rep a player would do anything to join them taking into consideration reducing his salary. I can't think of anything else. It would be nice if FM developers can give us some sort of insight as to what is causing this behavior.

All you know about his deal with the other club is that he is being paid 8.5k per week basic. He probably asked for 16k per week from them at first, just like he did from you, but the other club was able to negotiate a deal with 8.5k basic, with whatever other bonuses on top. You can see what his bonuses are on his contract page but you'll never know what his loyalty bonus is, or what the agent fee for the deal was. So many factors are involved in contract negotiations other than basic wage...

Archived