2013-14 FMS Awards (for real!)

tenthreeleader

Good day, all.

Welcome to the 2013-14 FMS Awards main thread. Here we will post categories for this year's event, and hopefully have some fun with an event that is a bit overdue due to personal things and life issues that your beloved mod is dealing with (sigh).

Messrs Wilson and Offspring (and others) have volunteered to assist in this process so they will be relied on heavily. For the time being, let's go with these categories:

Story of the Year

Writer of the Year

FMSer of the Year

English Story of the Year

Rookie of the Year

Best Rest of the World Story

Character of the Year

Best Story Idea

Best Fantasy Story

and others you might post (hint hint)

Remember, to be eligible, a story must contain either 50 author posts or encompass an entire season of play.

Have at it. Volunteers can sign up here too.

Best,

ttl

Newcomer:

Neilhoskins77

GreekGeorge

Marmoset Junior

FiftyBeforeThirty

Story of the Year:

The Outcast WLKRAS

Coming Home neilhoskins77

Hey, Nineteen (The Saga of FMS FC) tenthreeleader

Saving Private Rayo greekgeorge

Replacing the Irreplaceable markwilson27

The Journeyman Chronicles chesterfan2

The madhouse that is Brazilian football Marmoset Junior

Hitting The Bar mistahc

A Sabbatical In Shalford - FM12 fat Lion1

An Englishman in New York - a short story mistahc

No Camels, No Bloody Vodka, just a God Damn Career in Football Management mark wilson27

Its Hardly Any Effort for FMS mark wilson27

Lions' Share Mark Heath7

If anybody thinks I've missed their story please let me know and I can edit this post ASAP

• 2 weeks later...

Voted, the biggest problem I have is going through and working out which are eligible and not.

Especially for English story and best of the rest, it's a huge pain in the arse searching through posts, but then thats just me :)

I also struggle to remember the good stories that are earlier in the year, some could be from 2012 after the last awards.

Anyway!

So these are the nominees? Cool then, good stories to read in order to prepare for writing one myself (although I've been preparing for the last two years or so). Also, what is the deadline for sending votes in?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's slightly past this time personally, and having not been included in much that's gone on I don't actually know where we even got to. It can't hurt to put this one behind us and aim for the next, high in spirits, for Christmas time.

Archived