Money laundering in FM'14

So...I got this message and was surprised a bit to see this kind of criminal activity in FM. #EverythingLegal right Sega?

So I sold Karlo Lulic to Bayer for 8 mil € and 20% from next transfer fee. Since he didn't get playing time and my team grew financially and by reputation I was able to sign few big names(Micah Richards being the most famous one) and as soon as I saw the best player for my team in my first 5 season of managament I decided to sign him...to a hefty contract(1.5 mil€/annum). Naturally I forgot about this clause about 20% because I've been playing this save game since November. So basically I paid myself 800k€ and...had my money laundared? Nice one SI.

AShuxyz.png

I know, I just thought it was funny and interesting. Biggest team in Croatia Dinamo has a boss that is known for having criminal activities such as this one(he actually bought one player from NK Lokomotiva TWICE while being all the time on loan at Lokomotiva from Dinamo) so I thought SI wanted to make me look like him.

As stated by others, this is a perfectly normal clause. There was a problem a few years back (which was swiftly fixed!) where you could assign a player with a 50% sell-on and a buy-back price low enough that if you bought them back straight away, you'd actually make a profit! (CPU automatically rejects these since it was fixed).

I remember loads of people doing this with Arsenal and Fabregas. He had a buy back clause, I forget what it was, I think perhaps £30m with a 50% owed to Arsenal clause, so if you could get him to agree a contract you would buy him for £30m and get £15m back haha.

There is/was a similar one with Vela too but only for about £3m, keep him for a season and you could sell him for about £20m.

Arsenal might have been a selling club but it seems they know how to work the market :lol:

Archived