Every April my team stops performing

In all previous FMs my team would go through a drop of form usually once a year in different months. In FM14 it always seems to be April :rolleyes: It's so incredibly frustrating! Different tactics (all 100% familiar), completely different lineups - team just plays like crap. Sometimes better, sometimes worse, but always April-May. If I don't have a 9 point lead by April I know the title is probably gone.

DD5WQvel.jpg s4XZcqWl.jpg

mUzCGI1l.jpg xJcTzTOl.jpg

bOUHF0Jl.jpg

How do you manage your squad because once you get to April you are playing weekend/mid week every week for the nest part of 6 or 7 weeks. Add to that it is the end of the season I would guess that fitness would contribute.

I suppose it isn't every April as you haven't put up 2014 and 2018. Three of the seasons in the Premier League you have one draw and two defeats which yes is out of sync with the rest of the season but it isn't terrible is it. In 2017 you didn't lose a game in the league.

Of course you will lose more games in April as you are coming up to semi finals and finals where you should be playing the best of the best in most cases.

Why do you think your form dips?

It's the part of the season when there's more pressure than any other time. League is drawing to a close and then there's also CL knockout stages. Depends on how you're managing the extra pressure.

It's the part of the season when there's more pressure than any other time. League is drawing to a close and then there's also CL knockout stages. Depends on how you're managing the extra pressure.

You can have a 90 point lead, it'll still be a 'pressure' time apparently. Notable way to see this is, the media build up and the sudden abject performance of players, and the commentary hyping up every match you play even though they're all dead rubbers.

It needs more refining.

You can have a 90 point lead, it'll still be a 'pressure' time apparently. Notable way to see this is, the media build up and the sudden abject performance of players, and the commentary hyping up every match you play even though they're all dead rubbers.

It needs more refining.

It needs no "refining". He starts having a dip in form right around CL Semi/Quarter-Final time. There's pressure in the semi-final of the Champions League, believe it or not. Then heads might drop and affect the league performances too. The other times, it's been the match after the quarter/semi final. Maybe his rotation players aren't up to scratch?

I have at least 2 full XI that could challenge for the title and I rotate a lot. Usually group stages of CL are played by my bench players and the league is played by first eleven and in CL playoffs it's the other way around. However come April both groups of players start getting bad results. Usually in the way of popular here '40-2 shots, 0-1 score'.

It needs no "refining". He starts having a dip in form right around CL Semi/Quarter-Final time. There's pressure in the semi-final of the Champions League, believe it or not. Then heads might drop and affect the league performances too. The other times, it's been the match after the quarter/semi final. Maybe his rotation players aren't up to scratch?

I'm not talking about his case, I'm talking about in general.

In the 2016 screenshot I'd say January was much worse.

The one thing with those April fixtures is that there aren't many easy games that you are losing. Most of them are away against top half teams or late stages of the cups. All you need is one bad result to affect morale which could result in a bad run, so I'd say that April is quite a common month for this to happen with so many games being played against big teams.

In real life, Arsenal have a history of a bad February where they get some tough European matches thrown in with the FA Cup which usually has a knock-on effect to their league form.

The nervousness and extra pressure of being in a position to win sets in around that time. One match everything is fine and dandy, the next it is suddenly a run-up to the title and everybody are shaking like leaves in the wind. As isignedupfornoreason said, it needs refining.

To be more precise, you need to apply pressure to the team in order to maintain a professional focus as you go on a winning streak through March (by being assertive/aggressive and say For the Fans or Expect a Win etc). Then, you get that match where the confidence has turned to insecurity and I don't know quite how to predict when it is coming, but I do know that the performance will be bad out of the blue in that match, and you'll have to grind out a result if possible. From then on, treat them like newborn kitties until they actually get complacent again (if ever).

During pre-season, try setting training focus for at least a couple of weeks on Fitness (Very High)

(For the record I have no idea if that actually helps in this regard, but I do it every time and haven't suffered as drastically late on as you...

I do this most of the seasons (or not if I forget), but fitness is definitely not a problem. I rarely have to field players with lower than 95% fitness.

Archived