FIFA World League Ultimate Challenge

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunatly i dont really have time for an intro so ill just give a brief overview so far.

So i joined Kalju for pre-season. I instantly changed to my prefered formation of 4-1-3-2 and set to work on training and coaching. I also hired a new Head physio improving physiotherapy from 6 to 14 in the process.

I next looked at the finances and saw that our weekly wages were £12,000 ish over the budget! I offered to clubs about 6 or 7 players from the reserves (which i dont tend to use reserve teams, only U21 teams anyway) that were dead wood. I managed to sell a few for small fees and one player for half a mil! This has helped somewhat but we are still over the budget, something to keep an eye on.

We are predicted to finish 5th this season so if we play to our potential, we could challenge for a promotion spot. We have been placed in group D along with Skenderbu, Sherif and Dempo. So far so good! 0 goals conceded in 2 games against weak opposion in the form of Abahani and Scholars placing us 4th so far. Concordia, Dublanc and Tonnere provide more easy opposion untill our first test which is at home to Hilal Al-Quds.

Next on the agenda is to find a back up keeper and to slowly replace some staff members.

Just finished first season with FC Sheriff Tiraspol. No time for a full write up just yet. Overall not a bad season although a little disappointing. Started with a strong team already but very little money. Loaned in 6 players to help strength team in depth, and got a few players in free. One signing that i did make was in the january window where i signed a promising 18yo centre back Lukas Klemenz for 3.6mil(most over 48 months). Was hoping it would be a good signing, but he's struggling to settle and is currently taking a break. Finished season in 2nd place, with record of 25-2-2. Not bad, but just disappointed i didn't win the league, falling 2pts short. Finished with a GD of +84, with my striker Ismail Isa scoring 34 goals in 24 appearances. Have already renewed the contracts of the players i'd loaned in, and have been given a 3.8mil transfer budget for new season, most of which will probably be adjusted into wages to help get some decent players in for free. Hoping to have another decent season, and manage to get promoted again with minimal fuss.

Season Results:

Premier League

Winners - Chelsea

Relegated - SLB, Liverpool, Corinthians

Division One

Winners - Fluminense

Promoted - Fluminense, Santos, AS Monaco FC

Relegated - Sao Paulo, Flamengo, Vasco

World League Cup

Winner - Schalke

World Lower League Cup

Winner - Rostov

World Trophy

Winner - Man Utd

Time to get back to business!!!

@Poonarge: Congrats on promotion! So far I'm struggling a little in a Qual Pool. Competition is a lot tougher.

I didnt expect it to be that much harder, maybe i'm gonna be wrong! im currently in pre season, but did manage a 1-0 win over napoli in a friendly, so could be a gd season. I've been struggling to keep a few of my 1st team players, my goal machine Isa is requesting a transfer, so looks like i'll be selling him for around £3mil b4 season starts.

I didnt expect it to be that much harder, maybe i'm gonna be wrong! im currently in pre season, but did manage a 1-0 win over napoli in a friendly, so could be a gd season. I've been struggling to keep a few of my 1st team players, my goal machine Isa is requesting a transfer, so looks like i'll be selling him for around £3mil b4 season starts.

Well for a start it sounds like your team is a level up from mine. I don't have anyone who could be sold for 1 million let alone 3. But I think it will be tougher and so far I've drawn twice and lost once. The qualification pool is all teams over 5000 in reputation whereas the many of the teams in the development league have a reputation under 1000 (and none over 5000) so there is a big gap in standards.

An observation:

2/3rds through my first season, and I'm looking at the clubs in major financial trouble. There are only 3 marked as in administration or in debt, but there are obvious clusters of teams from the same place who are struggling financially.

Clubs from Argentina, clubs from Brazil, clubs from Greece and lower end clubs from England.

Not sure if there are some tweaks needed there?

An observation:

2/3rds through my first season, and I'm looking at the clubs in major financial trouble. There are only 3 marked as in administration or in debt, but there are obvious clusters of teams from the same place who are struggling financially.

Clubs from Argentina, clubs from Brazil, clubs from Greece and lower end clubs from England.

Not sure if there are some tweaks needed there?

Yes, it's very difficult to balance and financing has gone through many many changes. Your information is very useful, thanks a lot!

I'm halfway through my second season. There are currently 5 clubs in administration which I think is about right considering there are 700 or so teams in the league Also reasonable numbers are 'insecure' and 'okay'. If anything, I'm concerned clubs are making money too easily as some minor clubs like Brighton, Ipswich, and Blackpool have around 30m. This seems to contradict your experience that lower end English clubs are struggling.

Ideally I think I do want it to be fairly easy to make money. You can imagine that if there was to be a world league any teams participating would be pretty flush with cash. Also the game is more interesting when teams have lots of money :p

So I'm aiming for most teams having say 5-10m of disposable cash and with it being fairly easy for teams in the development league to profit (so the league becomes more fluid - also you can imagine FIFA would plow a lot of money into the development league).

Maybe you could report back after another season and see how things are? Probably hard to judge after just one season as TV money/prize revenues have not come through.

Thanks again. Anyone who wants to holiday through 10-20 seasons and do a survey of finances would be amazing :)

Sure, will check back in once I'm a bit further in to the game.

The turnover tab is a useful one to check, there seem to be about 10 clubs who are making much less than me, despite being in higher leagues...

Yeah, looks useful thanks. I guess it includes players sold so if you sold players you might bypass some teams?

I've decided to go back to roots and pick the Jamaican team. Waterhouse FC

Here is my manager profile picture

Profile.

I'm looking to try and finish in the top half this season I think it's definitely achievable. Just played my first game and won 5-2 away from home. Very impressive.

Good luck! Waterhouse are a pretty strong team so you should have a decent chance :)

End of Season 2013/14:

FGUbO2R.png?1

ZwNCsyx.png?1

Well, it's not exactly the success that everyone else has had as we didn't pick up a point until the 8th game and didn't even win a game until the 13th! Municipal & Buriram ran away with the league with Dynamos Harare getting the final promotion place, one plus I can take from this is that we were predicted to finish bottom and we had the lowest reputation of any team in the database.The board have decided that they're going to be building a new stadium which is being unimaginatively named 'Police (MSR) Stadium' which will be completed on Tuesday 14th June 2016.

Squad

Key Players:

Jamie Micklewright

Mike Huckett

FIFA World Premier League

Position|       Team      | Won | Drn | Lst | GF | GA | GD | Pts |
------------------------------------------------------------------
1st     | Manchester City |  14 |  1  |  4  | 37 | 20 | +17|  43 | 
2nd     | Barcelona       |  12 |  3  |  4  | 32 | 16 | +16|  39 | 
3rd     | Napoli          |  11 |  3  |  5  | 25 | 15 | +10|  36 |
------------------------------------------------------------------
17th    | Schalke         |   4 |  6  |  9  | 16 | 24 | -8 |  18 |
18th (R)| Tottenham       |   4 |  6  |  9  | 24 | 35 | -11|  18 |
19th (R)| Corinthians     |   4 |  2  |  13 | 15 | 31 | -16|  14 | 
20th (R)| Benfica         |   2 |  6  |  11 | 23 | 39 | -16|  12 |

Promoted to the Premier League next season are OM, Zenit & Gremio although there were only 10 points separating 1st and 18th or 7 points from 3rd to 18th.

FIFA World League Cup

Manchester City 1 - 2 Dynamo Kyiv

Alvaro Negredo 66 - Oleg Gusev 52
                   Andriy Yarmolenko 68

FIFA World Lower League Cup

Sassuolo p2 - 2 Empoli

FIFA World Trophy

OM 1 - 0 Galatasaray

?id=202621878

Kind of frustrated with Curepipe Starlight: We're tied for 6th place, which is nice, but my board offered me a contract renewal for $200/less a week, even though they're in great financial state and taking in almost $1 million/month while only paying out $12K/month in salary. I bargained them up to a $50/wk raise. They wanted promotion and only gave me another $200/wk to achieve it, and then 5 of my starting 11 go down with long-term injuries. My star striker, who kept attracting "No transfer fee but 25% of next sale" bids, has excellent morale, but wouldn't talk to me about a contract renewal and signed with a Development League team on a free transfer the first day of the transfer period. When I try to make a bid for a player at the same level, their team wants 6x their value + a sell-on clause, which my team won't honor because I have no transfer budget left (they gave me $2K at the start of the season and my salary was maxed at $2.8k/wk). I'm going to fight it out to the end of the season, but if a job offer comes through, I'm jumping ship.

285px-Fimleikaf%C3%A9lag_Hafnarfjar%C3%B0ar_Logo.svg.png

Overview of 2014/2015

Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar fans will be pleased with how their team performed this season finishing in a very respectable 16th place despite being predicted to go straight back down to the Development League. They will now be expecting a mid-table finish next season.

Carl Taylor was re-elected chairman but the real problem is financing the club in the future. A loan of £3.86m was withdrawn but it was only enough to take the club into the black for a short period before falling back into debt. The club can now no longer sign any new players as there is no money left in the wage budget. On a more positive note the ice-wrecked pitch was relayed and in a pre-season friendly the new stars are looking good, grinding out a 1-0 victory over Celtic's reserve team.

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

|

| 1st | C | SV Ried | | 32 | 20 | 5 | 7 | 80 | 51 | +29 | 65 |

|

| 2nd | | Muharraq | | 32 | 20 | 4 | 8 | 66 | 42 | +24 | 64 |

|

| 3rd | | Ternana | | 32 | 19 | 5 | 8 | 80 | 50 | +30 | 62 |

|

| 4th | | Amiens SC Football | | 32 | 18 | 7 | 7 | 57 | 41 | +16 | 61 |

|

| 5th | | Juan Aurich | | 32 | 17 | 8 | 7 | 74 | 39 | +35 | 59 |

|

| 6th | | Volga NN | | 32 | 17 | 7 | 8 | 58 | 40 | +18 | 58 |

|

| 7th | | Al-Rayyan | | 32 | 16 | 9 | 7 | 60 | 32 | +28 | 57 |

|

| 8th | | Levadeiakos | | 32 | 15 | 11 | 6 | 67 | 45 | +22 | 56 |

|

| 9th | | Sheriff | | 32 | 16 | 7 | 9 | 53 | 40 | +13 | 55 |

|

| 10th | | Sarajevo | | 32 | 17 | 4 | 11 | 53 | 47 | +6 | 55 |

|

| 11th | | Deportivo Cali | | 32 | 15 | 9 | 8 | 60 | 48 | +12 | 54 |

|

| 12th | | Belgrano | | 32 | 14 | 10 | 8 | 54 | 32 | +22 | 52 |

|

| 13th | | Jagodina | | 32 | 16 | 3 | 13 | 59 | 50 | +9 | 51 |

|

| 14th | | Al-Ittihad (LBY) | | 32 | 14 | 8 | 10 | 57 | 50 | +7 | 50 |

|

| 15th | | Illichivets | | 32 | 14 | 8 | 10 | 42 | 38 | +4 | 50 |

|

| 16th | | FH | | 32 | 13 | 10 | 9 | 32 | 30 | +2 | 49 |

|

| 17th | | Kano Pillars | | 32 | 14 | 6 | 12 | 55 | 56 | -1 | 48 |

|

| 18th | | AEL | | 32 | 14 | 4 | 14 | 52 | 50 | +2 | 46 |

|

| 19th | | Helsingborg | | 32 | 13 | 7 | 12 | 55 | 55 | 0 | 46 |

|

| 20th | | Odd | | 32 | 12 | 9 | 11 | 45 | 38 | +7 | 45 |

|

| 21st | | Motherwell | | 32 | 12 | 7 | 13 | 74 | 67 | +7 | 43 |

|

| 22nd | | Willem II | | 32 | 12 | 6 | 14 | 36 | 39 | -3 | 42 |

|

| 23rd | | H. Be'er-Sheva | | 32 | 11 | 7 | 14 | 49 | 55 | -6 | 40 |

|

| 24th | | América (MG) | | 32 | 11 | 6 | 15 | 52 | 57 | -5 | 39 |

|

| 25th | | Chivas USA | | 32 | 9 | 10 | 13 | 37 | 38 | -1 | 37 |

|

| 26th | | Nacional da Madeira | | 32 | 8 | 7 | 17 | 37 | 60 | -23 | 31 |

|

| 27th | | Nacional (PAR) | | 32 | 6 | 9 | 17 | 44 | 58 | -14 | 27 |

|

| 28th | | FC Tokyo | | 32 | 6 | 9 | 17 | 44 | 65 | -21 | 27 |

|

| 29th | R | Guadalajara | | 32 | 7 | 6 | 19 | 43 | 74 | -31 | 27 |

|

| 30th | R | Tolima | | 32 | 7 | 5 | 20 | 39 | 70 | -31 | 26 |

|

| 31st | R | AC Léopards | | 32 | 5 | 6 | 21 | 42 | 79 | -37 | 21 |

|

| 32nd | R | Guaraní (PAR) | | 32 | 5 | 2 | 25 | 44 | 101 | -57 | 17 |

|

| 33rd | R | Berekum Chelsea | | 32 | 3 | 3 | 26 | 25 | 88 | -63 | 12 |

|

Transfers/Contracts

A large number of players arrived to ensure FH had enough quality and experience to stay up. Experienced Brazilian William Soares, Scotsman Steven MacLean, Brazilian defender Josildo, and Swedish winger Matthias Lindström arrived on free transfers. Montenegran defender Boris Tatar was signed for £200k. A large number of English, Welsh, and Northern Irish youngsters were signed with Alex Nicholson, Matty Wilkinson, and Chris Callaghan looking the most promising.

World Development League

SV Ried were promoted from FH's group alongside Club Africain and Elfsborg from groups A and B. Isidro Metapán, Vannes OC, Ferencváros, Huesca, Central Coast Mariners Universidad San Martin, Xerez, Al-Fateh, Obolon (EXT), Oriente Petrolero, Guadalajara, Tolima, AC Léopards, Guaraní (PAR), and Berekum Chelsea will all spend next season in the Development League.

The highest transfer fee of the season was from Marítimo who paid £4m for Dundee Utd's Ryan Gauld.

Elsewhere

Real Madrid won the Premier League. Inter Milan, Napoli, and Arsenal were relegated. Perhaps the biggest shock was Barcelona who finished just above the relegation zone in 17th place with only goal difference separating them and Inter.

The League Cup was won by Chelsea, Lower League Cup by German Div 13 team Braunschweig, and the World Trophy by Newcastle.

The highest transfers of the season were:

Mats Hummels - Dortmund to Man City - £33.5m

Julían Draxler - Schalke to Paris St-Germain - £32.5m

Marco Reus - Dortmund to Real Madrid - £29.5m

Phil Jones - Man Utd to Chelsea - £28m

Iker Muniain - Athletic to Man Utd - £26.5m

Pre-Season

Again Blizzle was very active in the transfer market trying to fill some gaps in the FH team. Brazilian left-back Adriel, Argentinians Joaquín Arzuza and Hernán Atlolaguirre, Chileans Diego Opazo and Allan Lüttecke, South African midfielder Asive Langwe, and Swedish goalkeeper Linus Müller all arrived on free transfers.

Here is a run-down on the probable first team for next season:

1. (GK) Linus Müller - Despite Óskarsson's steady performance last season he was judged not to be of the required standard FH needed to progress and so Müller was signed as probably the most high profile capture of the Summer.

2. (DR) Skúli Friðgeirsson - Still the number one choice as right-back although has faced competition from Jón Ragnar Jónsson.

3.(DL) Adriel - Another Brazilian with high expectations around his arrival.

4. (DC) William Soares - The Brazilian has been on the fringes of the starting eleven but his experience will be vital to FH's chances of success.

5. (DC) Boris Tatar - A solid season at the back for FH and looking unreplaceable.

6. (DM) Chris Callaghan - The 16-year old Welshman faces a lot of competition from Arzuza, Pálsson, and Brynjar Guðmundsson but has performed admirably and is currently first choice.

7. (MR) Matthias Lindström - Veteran Swede who still has a few years left in him.

8. (MC) Davið Viðarsson - Still a lynchpin, still FH player of the year.

9. (AMC) Quique - The Spaniard had a mixed season and will have to fight for his place now new arrivals are here.

10. (SC) Hernán Atlolaguirre - With MacLean, Ávila, Quique, and Reck getting only 17 goals between them FH-ingar are in desperate need of a regular goalscorer and hopes are high that Atlolaguirre is the man for the job.

11. (ML) Ainsley Richardson - Another youngster who has given a great account of himself and is looking to start regularly this season.

So, I've just had a baby (well, you know, not actually pushed one out myself).

Anyway, point is that I'm going to have minimal playing time over the next month, so will set my machine off on a long term holiday save to see how things look in 25 years or so.

Will report back at some point...

So, I've just had a baby (well, you know, not actually pushed one out myself).

Anyway, point is that I'm going to have minimal playing time over the next month, so will set my machine off on a long term holiday save to see how things look in 25 years or so.

Will report back at some point...

If you've just had a baby it may well be 25 years or so before you get back to us :p Congratulations!

Im still with Kalju in my first season and sitting in 8th place in Group D with 5 games left, which i would say is a bout where we were predicted at the start of the season.

We have had the odd loss here and there, mainly to teams above us with the exception of Isidrio Metapan who are in 10th. With 10 games gone we had the bes defence in our league with only 4 coneded, however most of those early games were of easy opposition.

With 5 games left and only 15 points avalible, promotion looks unlikely being 7 points behind 3rd place W Connection (Who we actually managed to beat earlier in the season).

Im already looking to build for next season implementing new tactics and trying out the new youth prospects. We still have a wage budget issue but hopefully that will resolve itself for the start of next season.

Im still with Kalju in my first season and sitting in 8th place in Group D with 5 games left, which i would say is a bout where we were predicted at the start of the season.

We have had the odd loss here and there, mainly to teams above us with the exception of Isidrio Metapan who are in 10th. With 10 games gone we had the bes defence in our league with only 4 coneded, however most of those early games were of easy opposition.

With 5 games left and only 15 points avalible, promotion looks unlikely being 7 points behind 3rd place W Connection (Who we actually managed to beat earlier in the season).

Im already looking to build for next season implementing new tactics and trying out the new youth prospects. We still have a wage budget issue but hopefully that will resolve itself for the start of next season.

So, ive just finished my first season and finished 10th in my group thinking that was a pretty respectable finishing position considering I kept pace with the leading teams and a 15 point gap behind me! But no, ive been sacked immediatly after our final game.

So, im now taking over at Victory Boys, who finished 2nd bottom of thier Development group with just 9 points! This is now going to be a real challenge!

?id=202621878

Kind of frustrated with Curepipe Starlight: We're tied for 6th place, which is nice, but my board offered me a contract renewal for $200/less a week, even though they're in great financial state and taking in almost $1 million/month while only paying out $12K/month in salary. I bargained them up to a $50/wk raise. They wanted promotion and only gave me another $200/wk to achieve it, and then 5 of my starting 11 go down with long-term injuries. My star striker, who kept attracting "No transfer fee but 25% of next sale" bids, has excellent morale, but wouldn't talk to me about a contract renewal and signed with a Development League team on a free transfer the first day of the transfer period. When I try to make a bid for a player at the same level, their team wants 6x their value + a sell-on clause, which my team won't honor because I have no transfer budget left (they gave me $2K at the start of the season and my salary was maxed at $2.8k/wk). I'm going to fight it out to the end of the season, but if a job offer comes through, I'm jumping ship.

So, Curepipe's season ends 2 points out of promotion, my star striker won't re-sign, my other star midfielder, although with excellent morale, won't even talk to me about a contract because he doesn't believe we can satisfy his ambition (although, when I transfer-listed him, no one wants him), the board won't raise payroll or give me a transfer budget (even though they're sitting on $10 million +)...so, I started looking for a job. Got an offer with Sporting Club da Praia, a Development League in the Cape Verde Islands. I accepted their $7K/week payroll limit, looks like a re-build project...and then a couple days into my job, the next season budget comes through, and: payroll budget $37,500/week and a $5 million transfer budget (evidently, I took the job with the "pre-promotion" budget. Since that's patently "not fair" to the spirit, I'm just going to re-load my end-of-season save and make-do/make-up with Curepipe. If I lose everyone on the team, so be it, I'll just re-load with youngsters.

So, I pick back up with Curepipe, and sure enough, a couple weeks later the club declares they're going professional, meaning salary budget goes from $3,200/wk to $47,000/wk (although they're still trying to stiff me on my salary, only got $525/wk). None of my studs from the previous season will talk to me about renewing contracts, and curiously, none of my staff will re-new, either, so I had to offer mutual termination to my entire staff and post a slew of "help wanted" ads. 13 of my players leave the team at the end of their contracts, so I have a very limited team, no staff, and $5 million in transfer funds to play with. This is where the reality kind of breaks down, a team that was semi-pro with a $3/wk budget and drawing 250/game doesn't get promoted, but is now sitting on a 8-digit war chest. I mean, we have $11 million in TV revenue for the coming year.

I've taken many screenshot updates and uploaded them to Steam, but for some reason can't get them to display here. Will work on it before I post my next season's update.

@arkitekt: sounds harsh. good luck with Victory Boys :)

@podunkboy: The $11m in TV revenue is for the development league or the qualification pool? It's a value that I set so can be tweaked. The reason is teams are spending something like 300k per month in travel and the same again in scouting. So I have to try and balance things somehow. I think there might be a way to prevent teams from becoming pro if they are not promoted but not totally sure.

Maybe after the first season with the TV money you can see how your finances are and whether it's possible to balance the books. Basically I'd like to make it fairly easy for development/qualification teams to turn a profit, harder for lower league teams, and easy for successful league teams.

@podunkboy: The $11m in TV revenue is for the development league or the qualification pool? It's a value that I set so can be tweaked. The reason is teams are spending something like 300k per month in travel and the same again in scouting. So I have to try and balance things somehow. I think there might be a way to prevent teams from becoming pro if they are not promoted but not totally sure.

Maybe after the first season with the TV money you can see how your finances are and whether it's possible to balance the books. Basically I'd like to make it fairly easy for development/qualification teams to turn a profit, harder for lower league teams, and easy for successful league teams.

I'm still in the Qualification Pool, missed promotion to the Development League. I'll keep playing and see where the budget goes.

killing time at work watching Workthespace on youtube play the database. He started with Al Ain in the UAE and has a $65 million transfer budget to start...must be NICE to brag about leading the league with that budget.

killing time at work watching Workthespace on youtube play the database. He started with Al Ain in the UAE and has a $65 million transfer budget to start...must be NICE to brag about leading the league with that budget.

Nice, thanks for letting us know about this. Here's the link for anyone who's interested:

Our first 7-0 loss with reserve Keeper was away to Al-Karama (SYR), our follow-up was a 3-0 win at home against Red Sea, hoping it is a sign of things to come, my very multi-cultural side looked good in the game.

Tried pulling more East Timor players to our squad, but none wanted to leave the homeland.

285px-Fimleikaf%C3%A9lag_Hafnarfjar%C3%B0ar_Logo.svg.png

Overview of 2015/2016

A big improvement this season as Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar finished 6th in the Qualification Pool Group A. This is up 10 places on the previous season and just 12 points off the top spot. There are now expectations of a top-half finish next season as well although Blizzle has hinted at promotion. 2015 will also see the first appearance of FH-ingar in the Lower League Cup. Their first match will be at home to South Korea's Busan.

Carl Taylor was re-elected chairman again as financial problems worsen. Another loan, this time for £6.33m was withdrawn. The club's wage budget has been cut dramatically with several high profile players leaving.

Transfers/Contracts

It looks like Blizzle has more or less settled upon his squad now with only four new players arriving this Summer, most of whom will not start immediately but have been brought in to add depth. Argentinians Gastón Álvarez Suárez and Franco Leys, and Danish goalkeeper Eirik Johannesen arrived on free transfers and 22-year old Italian midfielder Matteo Ricci has been signed on loan. Ricci is likely to start regularly for FH. Some high profile players who had been judged surplus to requirements were released including Mattias Lindström, Sam Tillen, Quique, and William Soares.

For the third year running, Davið Viðarsson was voted FH player of the year.

World Development League

Ceará, Karlsruhe, and Ternana were promoted to Division Twenty. Murcia, Elfsborg, and Chornomorets will join the Qualification Pool after unsuccessful seasons in Division Twenty. Xerez, Caracas, Miami Fusion, Zanaco, Guadalajara, Lokomotiv (Sofia), Ferencváros, Arbil, Al-Fateh, Sport Boys, Universidad San Martín, Grosseto, Diriangén, Vannes OC, and Skonto will join the Qualification Pool.

Sepp Blatter has expressed his pleasure at the fact that teams from minor nations such as Venezuela, Zambia, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Nicaragua, and Latvia are progressing to the Qualification Pool.

The highest transfer fee of the season was for Felipe Avenatti who moved from Ternana to Hearts for £2.3m.

Elsewhere

Paris Saint-Germain won the Premier League. Benfica, Grêmio, and Sevilla were relegated. Shakhtar, Olympique Lyonnais, and Inter Milan were promoted from Division One.

The League Cup was won by Juventus, the Lower League Cup by Amiens SC, and the World Trophy by Chelsea.

The highest transfers of the season were:

Toni Kroos - Bayern Munich to Man City - £43m

Stephan El Shaarawy - AC Milan to Real Madrid - £42m

Juan Jesus - Inter to Man Utd - £33.5m

Mateo Kovacic - Inter to Bayern Munich - £28m

Sandro - Tottenham to Dortmund - £27.5m

Pre-Season

Here is a run-down on the probable first team for next season:

1. (GK) Linus Müller - The Swedish keeper battled with Óskarsson for the number one shirt but will hope to solidify his place as the first-choice goalkeeper this season.

2. (DR) Diego Opazo - Argentinian versatile defender. His future has been a little uncertain after struggling to settle and with a number of other clubs interested.

3.(DL) Adriel - A second season as left-back for the Brazilian.

4. (DC) Josildo - A third season at FH for the Brazilian who had an excellent season.

5. (DC) Boris Tatar - Blizzle has gone for consistency with the back four. Montenegran Tatar will begin his third season at FH.

6. (DM) Chris Callaghan - 17-year old Welsh midfielder who has been very reliable in a holding midfield role last season.

7. (MR) Sam Whitworth - Another English youngster with a promising career ahead of him.

8. (MC) Ainsley Richardson - The impressive English youngster has been named vice-captain but Blizzle will struggle to keep the midfielder who has already expressed concerns over whether the club is big enough for his ambitions.

9. (AMC) Joe Partington - Partington rounds out a midfield crammed with promising talents from England and Wales. Will kids be enough to win FH-ingar promotion in 2017?

10. (SC) João Reck - Reck was again top scorer although this time managing 15 goals in 32 games, doubling his tally from the previous season. Hernán Atlolaguirre will challenge him for a place although he was worryingly ineffective last season with only 2 goals in 20 appearances last season although most of them were as a substitute. He has been loaned out to Raja Casablanca, the Moroccan representatives in the Development League. Blizzle may try out Partington, Allan Lüttecke, Matty Wilkinson, and Alan Ávila up front as well although none of them are out-and-out goalscorers.

11. (ML) Matteo Ricci - There are high hopes around the arrival of Ricci on loan from Roma who currently play in Division One. Ricci can play almost anywhere in midfield so Blizzle may experiment to find where he is most effective.

Im playing in Development League with Virtus (instead of Tre Penne, i wanted a Sanmarinese team and i prefered Virtus :) ) I finished 13th the first season, but i have too much money now with tv revenue, i only spent 100k€ in travelling, it has to be hard enough to earn money in climbing leagues.

Im playing in Development League with Virtus (instead of Tre Penne, i wanted a Sanmarinese team and i prefered Virtus :) ) I finished 13th the first season, but i have too much money now with tv revenue, i only spent 100k€ in travelling, it has to be hard enough to earn money in climbing leagues.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure finances can be improved so feedback is really useful. My own feeling is that it should be easy for development league teams to make money and more difficult for qualification/lower division teams. The theory behind the development league is that it is there to 'boost' football in minor nations so that teams from e.g. San Marino can have a shot at reaching the higher levels.

Having said that, with my own team (from Iceland and relatively rich to start with) we weren't exactly flush with cash. It seems that once you turn pro you spend more on travelling, etc. so my team has been in debt for the last couple of years despite the TV money.

See how things go over the next few seasons and especially what happens if you gain promotion and/or turn professional. Thanks again :)

Archived