FM14: Mbwana Samata

phugalu

Mbwana Samata is a 20-year old Tanzanian striker who plays for TP Mazembe (The Democratic Republic of Congo). I found him while I was looking on the web at the best 10 players of the latest African Champions League and decided to scout them.

11136h0.jpg

I am playing as Man City and I haven't bought him myself (yet), but it looks like this guy can fill in for pretty much any attacking role. The only thing to worry about is his low composure in front of goal and although he's a good header he's not very tall. He will probably be declined for a work permit since Tanzania ain't ranked high, but you can place him in an affiliated club for some years to get a permit.

With a value of just below 1 million euros, I personally think he's a must buy for any club that doesn't have the money for top class strikers. Even though he might have low potential (2 stars), he still has some room to grow as he has currently 1 star.

Haha, I was never expecting to see a thread made for any Tanzanian players so kudos to you. A decent prospect - along with his TP Mazembe buddy Thomas Ulimwengu - and I would be interested to hear how he performs for anybody in-game.

You're right about the status of Tanzanian football. Despite the 'Taifa Stars' remarkable win against Morocco earlier this year (and a brief scare given to Ivory Coast), the standard of football is dire. In fact, the domestic league doesn't even get shown on TV - although Kenyan, Zambian, Angolan, Ghanaian and South African leagues are, and they are all poor.

I have all continents loaded so that I can find all players in the game. It's slow, but doable ;). Yes, the rating depends on your team's status, competition, etc. So if you would scout him with AS Roma for example, he'll have 3 or 3.5 stars probably.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently watching the Orange CAF Confederations Cup (Final, 2nd leg) between TP Mazembe and CS Sfaxien of Tunisia.

Mbwana Samata just scored a very clinical goal (aggregate equaliser) and I remembered this thread. FWIW he is playing on the left wing.

Has anybody got any progress reports of his performances for them in FM14?

Fancy seeing you in here :lol:

You looked at the Tanzania national squad and TP Mazembe squad and he doesn't come up? If you wanted a youth striker from Africa, does your search find a club (it's actually an Academy) called ASPIRE? There are two, the one based in Qatar has a talent called Ibrahima Drame (accent on the e in FM14, which I can't do myself) who could be developed further if you're able to find him.

Fancy seeing you in here :lol:

You looked at the Tanzania national squad and TP Mazembe squad and he doesn't come up? If you wanted a youth striker from Africa, does your search find a club (it's actually an Academy) called ASPIRE? There are two, the one based in Qatar has a talent called Ibrahima Drame (accent on the e in FM14, which I can't do myself) who could be developed further if you're able to find him.

Ha, i do get around!

Just had a look at that ASPIRE academy, wow some real potential wee gems in there espically Drame!! Currently bringing him to Holland as i type, thank you good sir!

When I started a new game he had similar stats still as when I found him in my first save. So despite having random stats they're more or less in the region of the two screenies you find in this thread still. So he's still a bargain.

Archived