FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

Good luck PaulHartman71!

Sorry to see it end like that Biscotti. Hope you find the inspiration to try again.

Good to see you back in the top 4 Andy Sava. Did you get that place in Europe? You said you worried about the FFP rules.

As for how I think we'll do in the top division this time. I think it'll be really rough. This season Bayern won it easily. Behind them and Dortmund and Schalke it's tight as ... though. Between 16th place (which is playoff for relegation) and 4th place there's just 13 points this season. Teams in 15th and 16th both had 40 points, which is 10 points higher than I hoped. Maybe next season will be different though. Gonna be hard either way, but we'll have a better squad this time at least.

Been getting my first job offers. 1860 München and St. Pauli both called me up for interviews with no warning what so ever. I didn't go obviously. Didn't get any comment from my board on the matter, pretty sure you used to get that in earlier games. Always "board happy with you" for rejecting this and that club. Dunno why they changed that.

Pre-season time. Transfer window. And all that jazz. My favorite time of each season.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohanzee - I got the place in Europe but it was close. We had a loss of 6M Euros, 1M more than allowed. I managed to sell Curutchet to Manchester United and made it in time. The fans were (and still are) furious at my decision to sell our top goalscorer. I was offered the England job this season, which was unexpected giving our bad run last season.

Andy Sava - good to see you recover to 4th. The new tactic seems to have helped and hopefully it’ll help push you towards a challenge for the title soon.

PaulHartman71 - decent start there. All being well you’ll be fine as the bottom half looks very tight. Unlucky against Havre too. They’re doing well in my save so it’s an encouraging result that.

116019-lemans.jpg

1. Ligue 2

2. Season 3 – 2016/17

Table|Graph|Squad 1|Squad 2|Finances|Facilities|Transfers

Media Prediction: 12th

Final Position: 5th

Ligue 2

After our debut season the aim was to push into the top 10. Whilst we leaked more goals than the previous season we managed to score more and finished 10 points better off in 5th. In truth the top 3 were too good for the rest so I can’t really grumble with the season. I’d have preferred to have had a tighter defence mind!

Key Players

Adam Brown - American youth international signed on a free transfer. I was delighted with his signing and he did well in a central midfield role. I have high hopes for his future at the club.

Alfredo Donnarumma - Alfredo had spent the previous season on loan at the club and I signed him on a free transfer following his release. A great creative force down the right side.

Lee Jong-Jae - Had another great season and finished as top goalscorer once more. I have slight concerns however that he might not quite be good enough to fire us to promotion.

Youth Prospects

YP1 - Paterne Mbala – As predicted, Paterne made 2 appearances in the cup. Did well and is continuing to develop well.

YP2 - Gregory Arnaud - Gregory continues to develop in the U19 team.

YP3 - Mustapha Benali - What is it with full-backs?? Another LB and another with great potential.

YP3b - Mohamed Aarab - I decided to go with two prospects this season and despite only having 4* potential (lower than some others) there’s something about him I fancy.

Allez les rouges et Jaunes!!

screenshots now added to my two brief reviews....

You have some nice prospects there rlipscombe.

I am currently in March this season and we are in first place but Dortmund is just behind us waiting for us to screw up.

EDIT: I have a week off of work so my seasons are going pretty fast.

You have some nice prospects there rlipscombe.

I am currently in March this season and we are in first place but Dortmund is just behind us waiting for us to screw up.

EDIT: I have a week off of work so my seasons are going pretty fast.

Cheers. i have to say i truly am blessed with my youth setup. i have checked my squad including the U19's having just had my 4th batch of newbies and i have 37

home-grown players that have 4* potential or better. i have to say it's really adding to my enjoyment of this save.

good luck holding off Dortmund in the run-in.

cges.png

KSV Hessen Kassel - 2029/2030

Season 16 Review - Legen...wait for it...DARY!!!

What the hell happened this season, i don't even know!

Transfers

History

Sandi Horvat - DC - <15(20) Apps, 6.96 Av R> - Free transfer

Bojan Gajser - DM - <50 Apps, 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 1 PoM, 7.15 Av R> - 6.5M Euros transfer fee

Johan Hansen - DL - <7 Apps, 1 Assist, 7.11 Av R> - Free transfer

Ever Wagner - MC - <6(24) Apps, 6.82 Av R> - Free transfer

Emiliano Montero - ST - <3(10) Apps, 2 Assists, 6.69 Av R> - Free transfer

Karlheinz Jakobs - GK - Free transfer

All the transfers except Gajser were backup players.

German Cup

Fixtures

We had a good run reaching the semi-finals where Gladbach stopped us.

Winners - Gladbach

Bundesliga

League Table | Graph | Fixtures | Team of the Year

We struggled for the first few games losing heavily to Wolfsburg. We managed to get 4 wins in a row and then Dortmund came and brought us back to Earth defeating us 3-1. After the Dortmund game we went on a 19 games undefeated streak, getting wins against Bayern (4-2, at home), Mainz (6-1, away) (who, at that time, were putting up a good title challenge, topping the table for a while), Schalke (5-0, at home) and Dortmund (1-0, at home) until Bayern beat us 3-1. When the last game against RB Leipzig came we were 2 points ahead of Dortmund and it all seemed just a formality in front of our fans. Ofcourse things were not as easy as they should have been and by the 11th minute we were down 2 goals and having flashbacks of the last time we lost the title in the final game to Dortmund. Thankfully we pulled back from behind and won the game 4-2 winning that first title we wanted for so long.

Bruno Richoz was named Players' Goalkeeper of the Year, Bryan Navarro was named Players' Defender of the Year, Heinz Welz was 2nd in the scoring charts, Luca Terraciano was named Players' Player of the Year and Greg Thomson was named Player of the Year.

Champions League

Fixtures | Dream Team

Best Placed Playoff

It was a fairly easy playoff against PSV, defeating them 3-0 at home and finishing 0-0 away.

Group Stages

We were drawn in a group with Inter, Ajax and SK Sturm Graz. A not so hard group where only Inter managed to get away with something after our games. We finished 1st in the group. This performance announced to the whole Europe we meant bussiness.

First Knockout Round

Celtic was the "lucky" team to face us and we hammered them 2-0 away and 3-0 at home.

Quarter-finals

We got Inter again and with the first game played at Kassel Stadium the pressure was on us to get a result that could give us a shot. We won the game 1-0 and we repeated the performance away to reach the semi-finals.

Semi-finals

In the semi-finals we met Benfica and after a close 3-2 win away from home they got destroyed at Kassel Stadium.\

Final

Juventus won the competition 2 times this save and the final game of the season announced itself as a close one. And close it was. After 90 minutes neither team managed to score and the game was heading to a penalty shootout. Then came the 95th minute and a penalty awarded for us and Heinz Welz scored. Juventus had a couple of shots at goal after that but the game ended 1-0 and we were crowned CL Champions.

On our way to success we set a record for most team goals - 36 and Luca Terraciano set a record for most assists - 12.

Greg Thomson won the Best Player award and Heinz Welz won the Golden Boot award.

Players

Squad

My top 3 players of the season

1. Greg Thomson - AMC - <51 Apps, 32 Goals, 21 Assists, 8 PoM, 7.64 Av R> - A fantastic season from Thomson as he scored goal after goal and led the club to glory.

2. Holger Wittke - DC - <50 Apps, 7 Goals, 6 PoM, 7.67 Av R> - The german wonderkid did a sensational job this season ending it with the highes average rating of the team.

3. Luca Terraciano - AMC - <54 Apps, 13 Goals, 33 Assists, 4 PoM, 7.43 Av R> - Set a new record for number of assists.

Key players

Bryan Navarro - DC - <39(1) Apps, 5 Goals, 5 PoM, 7.62 Av R>

Maicol Aquino - DL - <41(4) Apps, 3 Goals, 9 Assists, 7.44 Av R>

Heinz Welz - ST - <44(2) Apps, 28 Goals, 6 Assists, 7 PoM, 7.33 Av R>

Kassel Hall of Fame

8f91c8efe8e06cc9134a23a7d84d74e4.png

Kassel History

c8cff9ea5a64f318b131a90dc0a2fb83.png

Competition Winners

3280b8cfb27f2f702710b3fac38a55f5.png

Final Word

I really didn't expect this and i am still kind of shocked, eveything went so smooth from November onwards!

This is a save i will probably come back to later this year as i was really happy with Kassel despite all the failures.

My next take on the challenge will probably be in Italy and i am already looking forward to give it a try there.

Congrats Andy Sava!! That's quite remarkable after a few set backs in previous seasons. Really well done! :applause: Looks like you've built a team that can fight for trophies for many years to come as well.

Are you going to start in Italy right away? This thread is a bit dead (for some reason?), so really hoping you stick around. :)

Giulianova_Calcio_Logo.png

A.S.D. Citta di Giulianova 1924

Club History | Information | Overview | Squad

Originaly founded in 1924 and refounded in 2012, A.S.D. Citta di Giulianova play their home matches at Stadio Rubens Fadini which can hold up to 4347 spectator.

Today they welcome their new manager, Andy Sava, an up and coming romanian manager who starts his career far from home in the italian city Giulianova.

Andy Sava - Wow!! i had a feeling you might take the title but to do the double and win the CL too is amazing. Good luck in Italy this time, it's good to see you compete in another country

PaulHartman71 - well done on staying up - first hurdle achieved. good luck building on that next season.

As for me i have finished my season with Le Mans. i will work on sorting a full review of the season over the coming days - it'll be much more in depth than my last two.

Congrats Andy Sava! Excellent work! Looking forward to seeing how you get on now in Italy - that transfer and wage budget has got to help for the first few seasons!

PaulHartman71 - doesn't matter how you survive, as long as you do! Do you think you'll be battling relegation again next season?

6f2bd464ebda5652d478faaaa16ed2c4.png

1. Ligue 2

2. Season 1 – 2017/18

Table|Graph|Squad 1|Squad 2|Finances|Facilities|Profile|Transfers

Media Prediction: 7th

Final Position: 1st (Champions)

Ligue 2

I am in shock. I can honestly say that I did not expect to finish the season as league champions, especially after being in 10th after week 19. We struggled in the early part of the season and couldn’t get any real consistency going. However something seemed to click after Christmas and in the second half of the season we had form of 14-3-2 to see us sneak the title on the final day as our rivals Havre lost away at relegated Arles-Avignon. We had only secured a promotion place the week before given the tight nature at the top of the table. Still we’re league champions and we’ll be locking horns with PSG, Monaco, Lyon et al next season. A frightening thought!

Coupe de la Ligue

A short run thing this season, we crashed out in the 1st round against Auxerre as we were on our early season woes.

Coupe de France

We started in the 7th round with a comprehensive win at home to Paray with a team full of youngsters. Further home wins against Strasbourg and Locmine saw us face Ligue 1 side Lens away in the 10th round. We battled hard and managed a 2-1 win before crashing out at the 11th round against Nancy.

Squad

We fucused on quantity rather than quality in terms of recruits this season and we developed what was on paper a decent looking squad with strength in depth. I had serious doubts in the first half of the season but the team gelled after Christmas and the rest is history.

Starting XI

GK: Duwayne Kerr – After Bernardeau’s disappointing departure Duwayne was thrust into goal. He struggled early on and I tried to find a replacement at Christmas. Thankfully he settled down in the new year and he earned a new contract with his performances.

RB: Gregory Arnaud YP2 - Despite his age of 17, Gregory got his chance in the first XI and I perservered with him. Really grew into the role and was a major surprise for me.

CB: Gael Andonian - Signed on a free transfer, he was a steady presence at the back.

CB: Valentyn Voytsekhivskyi - On a season loan from Metalist in Ukraine, ‘Vale’ had a fantastic season. A rock at the back and a real threat in the penalty box, I was delighted with him.

LB: Paterne M’Bala YP1 - Paterne joined Gregory in being a first team regular and had a good season also. Really encouraging to have two regens in the first team already.

CM: Pierrick Rakotoharisoa - Probably first choice partner to Brown, his season was affected by injuries.

CM: Adam Brown - Adam was another star for us, earning his first international call-up at the end of the season. Already a great player for his age, I hope to keep him thissummer.

RW: Steve Shamal - On a season loan from Bordeaux, he was immense in goalscoring and in assists. I’d love to sign him this summer.

LW: Jahmir Hyka - the left wing was a problem area for us, but Hyka is picked for being there in the run-in. an area to strengthen.

AMC: Alexandre N’Gadi - Had another good season though he tailed off in the run-in. Question marks as to whether he’ll be a regular next season.

ST: Didier Traore - Didier was top goalscoring striker for me which is all the more impressive as he didn’t really feature before Christmas. Developing well.

Youth Prospects

The MM Arena is proving to be a rich breeding ground for homegrown talent and choosing youth prospects is becoming even tougher. This season I have picked 3….

YP1 – Paterna M’Bala - Became a first team regular this season as shown above

YP2 – Gregory Arnaud - Ditto for Gregory, he made the RB spot his own this season.

YP3 – Mustapha Benali - Developing in the youth team

YP3b – Mohamed Aarab - Developing physically, he could become a beast of a defender.

YP4 – Djibril Fall – Senegalese striker. I am excited by his potential

YP4b – Khaled Guendouz - 5* potential, could be a leading Ligue 1 player… nuff said.

YP4c – Wilson Goncalves - Attacking midfielder. Something about him makes me think he’ll be a future star.

The Future

So Le Mans are a Ligue 1 club… My sole target must be survival and it might be tough. I think my squad needs strengthening in a few areas and I have a decision to make as to whether I stay with my young prospects or bring in more experience. I have about £2 million to spend with a little room in the wage budget. A number of squad players will leave this summer too. I am genuinely frightened in taking on PSG as they are in a league of their own. It might take a long time to overhsul them, if I can manage that…….

Allez les rouges et Jaunes!!

P2836328D1418793G_px_640_.jpg

Congrats rlipscombe!! That's an amazing run after Christmas. Nice to see you have faith in the youth as well, a very young first team there. Good luck in the top flight! :)

I'm getting closer to the end of my season. Still not in a safe from relegation, but not in the same mess I was last time we were in this league. 5 points down to the playoff spot. Hopefully we can get another win or two or a few draws in the final matches.

z82y.png

U.S. Vibonese - 2019/20

Season 6 Review - Serie A

Competitions

Serie A - 13th

A very satisfying first season in the top flight, as we comfortably stayed clear of relegation and contented ourselves with delightful mid-table mediocrity. In fact, from match day 14 onwards, we were never higher than 10th and never lower than 13th - the very picture of a mid-table side. Juventus absolutely walked to the title, winning their 8th championship in 9 years. They're going to be pretty hard to knock of their perch if/when we get that far.

Coppa Italia - 4th Qualifying Round (def. by Parma)

A little bit of a step back from last season, but honestly not one I was too concerned about - the league was our one and only priority this season.

Squad and Transfers

Club Overview | First Team Squad | Transfers

With £33m coming in to the club via TV revenue, I finally felt able to loosen the purse strings a little as we splashed £1.9m to bring in some top division quality, as all but one of our 13 new players were either full internationals or U-20/21 internationals. They were all young too, the oldest being Peruvian international striker Jair Chavez at 25, as I looked to build a team for the future and secure players with good resale values. Speaking of which, we brought in £6m from the sale of two of our Serie B stars. Obviously that meant I could have spent a lot more, but with the board agreeing to my request to build a new stadium (though no official announcement has been made yet) and with survival certainly not assured at the start of the season, I erred on the side of caution.

Player of the Year - Mihovil Jeronim Klapan (AM LC) - 33 apps (16 goals) - 7.39 average rating: Pretty much the only person from the Serie B campaign to survive as a first choice starter, Klapan didn't miss a beat in stepping up to the top division - and to the club captaincy, as he provided 16 goals and 14 assists from his wide left position.

History

Season     Division        Position    Cup Competitions    Continental Competitions     Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Serie C1/C      10th        CILP: 3rd Grp K     N/A                          -
2015/16    Serie C1/C      1st         CILP: 2nd Round     N/A                          Promoted to Serie B
2016/17    Serie B         5th         CI: 3rd Qual Round  N/A                          -
2017/18    Serie B         3rd         CI: 3rd Qual Round  N/A                          Def. in Playoff Final
2018/19    Serie B         1st         CI: 1st Round       N/A                          Promoted to Serie A
2019/20    Serie A         13th        CI: 4th Qual Round  N/A                          -

[i]CILP = Coppa Italia Lega Pro
CI = Coppa Italia

CL = Champions League
EL = Europa League[/i]

US Quevilly

2014/15

French National - 14th

French Cup - Knocked out in 9th round by Havre Athletic Club

Top Goalscorer - Amath Diedhiou (22 goals in all competitions)

Brief summary of the season:

Amath Diedhiou was the key to our survival, with 19 goals in 34 league appearances, his goals won us the vital points that kept us in the division. He finished second highest top scorer in the league. He formed a decent partnership with one time Cape Verde international Emelson, who ended up with 8 goals himself and a fair few of assists, the vast majority being to Diedhiou. The majority of our other assists came from the wings. Oussoumane Fofana, who was out wide on the right, scored 6 goals and picked up 8 assists. Zakaria Gueye had a good season on the opposite flank, he finished up with 10 assists and 4 goals. Aside from those players there wasn't really any standout performances worth mentioning.

Aims for next season:

The team is good enough to once again survive the drop, all of our key first team players have agreed contract extensions which will keep them at the club, Diedhiou especially being a very important contract renewal. My one big concern is that the finances are in a horrendous state. The club made a loss of £820K this season, leaving our balance at £800K in the red.

d2576b7aa0c473c8a8b7413b0dcf962b.png

£1.4M was spent on wages over the course of the season which would be acceptable considering the fact we had a turnover of £2.6M but a quick browse in the expenditures and it seems we spent £2.7M on ground maintenance over the course of the season as we are currently expanding our stadium by 2,500 seats. We will be moving back into our new 5,000 capacity stadium in February of 2016. I'm not sure if that makes this season a one off due to the money spent on the stadium renovation, hopefully it is.

Career Overview:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season      League              Position     French Cup      Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     French National     14th         9th Round       N/A

TSV Alemannia Aachen - 2018/19 (Season 5)

Table | Graph | Transfers | Squad | Finances

The League

Season of ups and downs, but from the half way point we were always a couple of steps in front of the relegation zone. I asked for a couple of wins or some draws for the final games in my last post (with 6 games to go). I got more than that as we managed a 4-1-1 (w-d-l) record in those 6 matches. Had those 4 wins been losses we'd be in the playoff spot, so it's a narrow line. We managed a goal difference of ZERO. Think that's a first for me.

Focused a bit more on defense this season with defensive match training and playing two defensive midfielders. Still not amazing, but it's getting there. Sadly our attack seem to have suffered from it. I'm not at all happy with my strikers this season. Playing with 2 strikers I want a least 10 goals from a couple of the ones I rotate. Filippov once again was the most effective striker, but he got a long term injury mid season and only started 13 matches.

The Cup (fixtures)

I am extremely disappointed in our performance here. Getting beaten by Düsseldorf simply isn't good enough.

Notable Players

Goalkeeper

Jukka Lehtovaara - His 3rd season for us. Not getting younger, not getting better, but he's doing a job. Need to someone for the future soon.

Defense

Daniel Negrea - The only defender that's certain to be on the team sheet when fit. His weakness is his jumping reach, but other than that he's brilliant.

* I brought in several central defenders last summer as it was a problem area, but I'm still unsure who to focus on.

Christos Piperias - He was the main partner for Negrea this season, but I'm not convinced. I think Negrea needs someone better in the air next to him.

Dragoslav Prebiracevic - He never really took his chance when given it.

Tomas Strnad - Same here. Bit disappointed.

Erik Alexandersson - My scouts love this kid, potential to be world class they say. We fought off Real Madrid to sign him. He's just 17 though so I sent him out on loan. In retrospect I probably should have just let him play. He'll still only be 18 next season, but I think I will give him a chance next to Negrea.

* Our full backs aren't even worth mentioning. Need to improve in this area.

Midfield

Leonardo Cappezzi - Our big star last season was this season as well. Topped it off with a place in the leagues team of the year, which is quite amazing with it being littered with FC Bayern players.

Romuald Lacazette - Another so so season. Still expecting more of him. He's good at making free kicks and gathering cards though.

Rodrigo Araujo - His 2nd season not as good as his first, but this league is a different quality. Still got plently of potential to improve.

James Mavimbela - Still waiting for him to show his potential. Still plagued by injuries. He might never reach his potential.

Oliver - Also plagued by injuries this season. Did well when available.

* The rest aren't worth showing. Really disappointed in Gavra and Krasniqi. They're to old to be called talents now as well. Yusov was injured for 7 months, seem to be going around for my wingers.

Strikers

Machuca - Pattison - Filippov - Niksic - Jordane

* None really stood out. Niksic started really well after joining in January, but is having issues settling. I'm brining in a fellow countryman this summer to hopefully help with that.

Future

I got a few deals already ligned up for this summer.

Branislav Jano and Miroslav Jovanovic are joining to hopefully make Niksic happy. I hope both of them can improve our goal scoring as well.

Jordan Jones and Aliaksandr Mikheev is joining to hopefully improve our winger situation.

Sergi Samper is joining from Barca B to give me some options in the defensive midfielder pair I'm playing now.

If the board give me anything to work with I'll try to focus on fullbacks and a goalkeeper for the future, but really any area of the pitch can do with improvements.

I'm not sure what to aim for for the next season but my players wanted us to aim for EURO places. I think that's a bit to ambitious personally. Mid table would make me happy.

[b][u][color=#C89646]HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	G-CUP		EUROPE [/b]       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]14/15[/b]	3D	2nd	-				Promoted
[b]15/16[/b]	2D	3rd	1st round			Promoted
[b]16/17[/b]	1D	17th	3rd round			Relegated
[b]17/18[/b]	2D	2nd	1st round			Promoted
[b]18/19[/b]	1D	10th	3rd round			-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logo_of_FC_Volgar-Gazprom_Astrakhan.png

We managed to survive our second season, but by the thinnest of margins.

League Table

Past Positions

After the break we managed to go winless in 8 games although we did draw 5 of those 8. But we managed to win our last two games while Chernomorets lost their last two, letting us slide into 15th.

We won our first round Russian Cup game this year, 1-0 over fellow First Division team Rotor before losing in the next round to Premier side Anji 0-2 in extra time.

ST Alexandr Alkhazov was our leading goal scorer once again with 18 as I usually used him as a trequartista.

ST Petar Jovovic was our second leading scorer with 6 goals and led the team with 6 assists. I'm thinking I really need to play more two striker formations next season to let Alkhazov and Jovovic play together.

MC Klemen Bolha was a major offseason acquisition, signed on a free as a 23 year old from Rudar Velenje in Slovenia. He only managed a goal and two assists but is a good young passer and handles our free kicks and corners.

MC Alexandr Krendelev played as a box to box middlefielder, scoring 4 goals and adding 6 assists.

Our defense was a problem all season as I got tired of watching attackers run by my players, but during the winter transfer window I added DC Grisha Khachatryan, a 24 year old from Armenia and it felt like he at least stabilized his spot.

GK David Yurchenko was a significant transfer acquisition before the season, acquired for 190K from relegated Ufa. I'd have to say I was fairly disappointed in him as he allowed 55 goals in 37 games. My goalkeeper coach is fairly underwhelmed by him.

We're actually doing well financially, making about 1.6 million in the past two seasons.

Our youth academy seems to be bringing in a few good players. 16 year old goalkeeper Dmitry Mescheryakov looks like an excellent potential player who I can hopefully loan out next season. He's already drawing interest from some bigger clubs including Premier Division side Shinnik. MC Murad Gadjiev looks like a potentially strong box to box midfielder. And DM Ali Alexeev might be ready to be our backup at that position next season.

I'll be looking for some more defensive help in the offseason. I need to seal up that defense if we're going to move forward.

Congrats rlipscombe!! That's an amazing run after Christmas. Nice to see you have faith in the youth as well, a very young first team there. Good luck in the top flight! :)

Cheers... Still slightly in shock but starting the planning for next season. i think i might need that luck!

Iseemonsters1 - well done on Serie A survival

PaulHartman71 - well done again on survival. Good to see the key players staying. All being well you can improve next season.

Ohanzee - Great job surviving this time. I am sure you’ll push on now given the finances involved in playing in the Bundesliga. Capezzi is a great looking midfielder and I like the look of Jovanovic. Good luck pushing forward.

Tecmo - well done on survival – doesn’t matter how close it is you survived. Good luck next season.

Impressive first season in the Serie A iseemonsters1! Maybe you can push into Europe already next season?

Good job surviving the first season PaulHartman71. Any hope of a promotion push next season?

Well done staying up Tecmo. That sure was close. Hope next season will be a lot safer.

I'm a bit over half way in my season. 24 matches in we have the same goal difference as when last season ended. Zero.

TSV Alemannia Aachen - 2019/20 (Season 6)

The League

Solid season, not much more to say. Even though we're just 1 point off EURO places I feel like we're miles off the top teams. Dortmund got Benitez in as their new manager and all of a sudden became a machine. Bayern had a terrible season by their standards, guessing they will be on fire next season (Guardiola might leave though). Most games this season we were "in the game", even against Dortmund and Bayern. One team though just kills my tactics, Werder Bremen.

Finances are looking amazing. Board are still cheap ********. I've been asking for them to improve training/youth/stadium/etc, but they feel it's all "good enough". Mid-season I had a dilemma as Capezzis contract was running out. He wanted 40k+ a week, and I was reluctant to give it to him. In the end I decided to just do it and I think it was a good choice. At least if he leaves now we'll get quite a bit of money for him. And if our board won't invest in the club, I may as well invest in players. We have no trouble handling 40k a week for a few players with the amount of price money in this league.

Speaking of players leaving I'll probably spend all summer talking with agents, as half the squad have contracts ending after next season. I'd like to keep most of the squad intact, but it might not be possible.

The Cup (fixtures)

Great run, until we ran into our nemesis Werder Bremen. Worst part is they got Braunschweig (2nd division) in the final, a team I'm 99% sure we could have beaten.

Notable Players

Capezzi - Another brilliant season.

Negrea - Him and Capezzi are the biggest stars, not sure I'll be able to renew his contract.

Mikheev - Was solid on the right wing.

Piperias - Him and Alexandersson was fighting for the 2nd central defender spot. Both did well.

Alexandersson - Did really well for his age. Hope he can turn into the world class player my scouts think he can be. Ofc there is no way in hell I'll be able to hold on to him if he does though.

Niksic - Double digits at least from the striker. Still looking for someone that can give me 20+ though.

Pattison - Same as Niksic.

Samper - Capezzis partner in midfield. Solid.

Mavimbela - Still waiting for him to have a season without injuries. Out for 15 weeks this season with 4 different injuries.

Tete - New boy on right back. Solid, but not brilliant.

Sloth - Took the left back spot.

Future

Got 3 new boys coming in on end-of-contract deals.

Dias - Been after him for a couple of years, finally got him. Will give Mavimbela a fight for that left wing spot. Really surprised Porto never put faith in him.

Pisano - Another attempt at finding a proper striker. Looking promising.

Wahler - Hopefully my much needed future goalkeeper.

Hoping those 3 (and maybe some more during the summer) can give us the quality in depth to push into EURO spots. Depending on who will and won't sign new contracts I might have to be very busy in the transfer market though. 14 players contracts run out in 2021.

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	G-CUP		EUROPE	[/b]
14/15	3D	2nd	-		-		Promoted
15/16	2D	3rd	1st Round	-		Promoted
16/17	1D	17th	3rd Round	-		Relegated
17/18	2D	2nd	1st Round	-		Promoted
18/19	1D	10th	3rd Round	-		-
19/20	1D	8th	Semi Final	-		-

That would be something. It'd be without Negrea though. He wants £67k a week to renew his contract. Even if I could give him that I'm not sure I would. I can't though, so I offered him out. Most top clubs in Europe showed interest, but only Valencia came with a real offer. £2M + £8M over 48 months. Off he goes. Sad, but I'll rather have money than just 1 more season from him at this point.

ag6cMSl.png

Aliados Futebol Clube de Lordelo 2029/30

Squad, fixtures and season overview.

Transfers:

Two records in transfers this season: highest fee spent (7.5m€) and player sales (15m€).

Liga ZON Sagres: Table

Disappointing season, far away from what I expected. Aliados finished 4th, 13 points away from UCL qualification. We lost too many points to teams we should've beaten easily.

Taça de Portugal: Fixtures

What a shame. We lost to Covilhã from Liga2 in 3rd round after penalties...

Taça da Liga: Group A

Not our priority... 3rd round exit for the fifth consecutive year.

UEFA Champions League: Fixtures / Group G

Beating Metalist and Dortmund in playoffs dropped us into pot 3 of UCL, Aliados was drawn with giants Real Madrid and Internazionale and the relatively unknown Mariehamn from Finland. Two wins in six games (both against Mariehamn) and the 3rd place in gruop G sent us to Europa League.

UEFA Europa League: Fixtures

An unlucky draw, we played against Arsenal in UEL 1st Knockout Round. The english team won both matches and sent us out of Europe.

Best XI:

GK: Branislav Martaus, 38Apps, 47Conc, 11Cln, 6.78AvR

DR: Adalberto Fioretti, 37Apps, 1Gls, 4Asts, 7.01AvR

DC: Zoran Nikolic, 33(1)Apps, 6Gls, 1Asts, 7.25AvR

DC: Giovane, 21(2)Apps, 3Gls, 1Asts, 7.11AvR

DL: Ransford Boateng, 31(4)Apps, 0Gls, 3Asts, 6.95AvR

DM: Alexander Arrondel, 28(3)Apps, 2Gls, 0Asts, 6.93AvR

MR: Víctor Cantero, 24(3)Apps, 4Gls, 8Asts, 7.20AvR

MC: Jean-Claude Fournier, 25(1)Apps, 3Gls, 8Asts, 7.21AvR

ML: Alexandru Luca, 31Apps, 7Gls, 6Asts, 7.15AvR

ST: Ambroise N'Diaye, 34(2)Apps, 10Gls, 3Asts, 6.82AvR

ST: Ignacio Robles, 30(10)Apps, 10Gls, 3Asts, 6.88AvR

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, width: 95%, align: center]

[TR][TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]League Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Champions League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Europa League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Achievement[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2014/15[/TD]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional[/TD]

[TD=]6th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1st in Relegation Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD=]1st[/TD]

[TD=]1st Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]4th in Promotion Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD=]5th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1st in Relegation Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD=]1st[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional Winners[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]19th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Survival[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]13th[/TD]

[TD=]4th Round[/TD]

[TD=]1st Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]5th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Most Improved Team[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2021/22[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]6th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Promotion[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2022/23[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]12th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Survival[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2023/24[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]11th[/TD]

[TD=]Semi-finals[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2024/25[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]12th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2025/26[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]7th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Europa League qualification[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2026/27[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]7th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]2nd Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]Super Cup Runners-up[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2027/28[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]6th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Quarter-finals[/TD]

[TD]Champions League qualification[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2028/29[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]3rd[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2029/30[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]4th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

[TD]1st Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[/TABLE]

So - I'm being strongly linked with the Uruguay job as the manager just resigned. Judging from the rules in the first post, international management is allowed this time around ("International Management allowed from FM14 forwards (But you cannot start as an International Manager)") - but I wanted to make absolutely sure before I take it. Wouldn't want to invalidate my game if it's not allowed!

Hey everyone, good job all on progressing!

How did i miss the rule about internationa management?!:O Would have taken the England job offered to me in my Kassel save.

I was away for a few days and i am just now starting to really get into my Italy save. Played the first 2 games which were for the Serie C Cup, we drew one and lost the other but we played pretty well. 4-1-2-2-1 seems to be quite a good tactic this year, if you are looking for a new tactic i suggest you try your hands at it if you have the players.

dbba324243065956647401dd17a62cc8.png

In virtually the same position we were last season at this same stage. The lack of progress is frustrating but due to the awful financial situation we have been unable to sign anyone and actually lost a few fringe players, my wage budget went down by £4K which means we may not be able to renew the contracts of our better players this season which would be an absolute nightmare next season if we even stay up this year. We have so far made a 200K profit this season but our projection puts as at a loss like over £1M so i'm not going to get my hopes up that we actually do make a profit this year.

TSV Alemannia Aachen - 2020/21 (Season 7)

The League

Amazing season. When we lost both Negrea and Mikheev in the summer I thought it might be a rough season. But the new signings really took the league by storm. Especially the two wingers Dias and Gorse. There were ups and downs in terms of form again, but after the winter break we never looked like falling out of EURO places. I feel 2nd place is a bit to high for our quality though. Anyways, bring on the Champions League!!

Several awards. Dias picked up the German Footballer of the Year. Myself picked up Manager of the Year and Players' Manager of the Year. Alexandersson and Dias was named in the Team of the Year.

Some moments of the season

• My extremely talented young central defender Erik Alexandersson told me in November that he wanted to move to a bigger club. I told him I think we can reach ECL places and that he should stay to be able to prove himself at that level. He said that wasn't abitious enough and I thought he'd be gone by the end of the season. Instead our form brought us up to 2nd place in February and I decided to try once more to offer him a new contract. Much to my surprise he accepted a 4,5 year deal. If someone wants to buy him now they'll have to break the bank.
  • The same happened with Christos Piperias, my 2nd choice defender at the time. He didn't back down though, constantly moaning about wanting a big club move. He left for Hannover *shrug* So he traded us for a mid table team. He got a fat £56k a week contract though. Wanting a big club move my *** ...
  • Schalke manager Luis Enrique got sacked after they lost 3-2 at home to us. Enrique have constantly been after me in press conferences after we played them the last few seasons. Always telling the press we were lucky to beat them and calling me bitter and arrogant when I dissagreed. Knowing us beating them was the final straw to getting him sacked was an amazing feeling.
  • Another huge moment came as we beat Bayern 3-2 at home with Dias still out injured and getting a red card early in the second half. Guardiola stayed at Bayern after last seasons disappointment and clearly wanted revenge this year. They were simply brilliant all season making our win against them one of the greatest moments of the season for my team.

Some issues to fix

I've located 2 main issues that need fixing

1. Set Pieces ("tiny" squad?). I'm not sure what's wrong with us defending set pieces. I've tried several different ways now but in the end we're once again the worst team in the league when it comes to conceding corners/free-kicks. More than half of the goals conceded come from this. Looking at my team I guess we may be a bit on the tiny side, I've never had issues with 2 tall defenders and tiny fullbacks before this version of FM though. Really not sure how to fix this, but I'm gonna be on the look out for some full backs that are more central defender types. Maybe that would also see us score more from set pieces ourselves. Atm only Alexandersson is a threat.

2. Striker options. We need a big strong creative striker. Atm my strikers are mostly poacher types. I want someone that can become a quality complete forward (think Ronaldo, either of them, or Zlatan). A powerful one. I tried getting one in January, and ended up with a bit of a panic buy in Melendez. He's definitely big and strong, but I don't think he'll ever be a Zlatan. He did turn a couple of games for us though coming from the bench, which just proves we need the options.

The Cup (fixtures)

Huge up and huge down. First round we hammered a non league side 13-1 with Dias netting 3 goals and 5 assists. Then we drew Dortmund already in the 2nd round and it was to early I guess.

Players

Goalkeepers

Lehtovaara - Backup this season, never got a game.

Wahler - Went out on loan for a bit, got injured. Will leave in the summer.

Dolya - Solid season by the new man. Can't improve much, but he's "good enough".

Defenders

Webb - Played on both full backs, decent.

Prebiracevic - On loan the entire season. Retrained to RB. Not sure he'll ever be good enough though.

Sloth - Another decent season my the left back. Has the same issue as every full back I have though, bad in the air.

Sodje - Joined to replace Negrea. Looked solid in the few matches he played.

Alexandersson - 19 years old and probably our biggest star. So happy he signed a new contract.

Kokko - Another determined defender from Finland. Not the potential of Alexandersson, but 4,5 star. Will try to retrain to left back.

Tete - Didn't play much. Might try to sell if I can find a taller right back.

Gheorghiu - Joined from Dortmund. He's good, but again the type of full back that's probably the reason we're conceding so many set piece goals.

Midfielders

Capezzi - 4 seasons at the club and keeps putting in solid seasons. Wants to leave though, and doesn't seem to back down. He's valued at £15,25M now though, doubt anyone will put the money on the table.

Samper - Barely played as new guy Chirivella took his spot. Might leave this summer.

Lacazette - Same as Samper.

Aigner - Out on loan. Still unsure about him.

Chirivella - Joined on a free transfer, solid.

Araujo - Was a bit overshadowed by the new buy Gorse, but he's a great backup.

Gorse - Amazing season by the new man on the wing. Don't think fans even remember Mikheev.

Dias - Brilliant season by this new winger. Kept Mavimbela on the bench. Had a couple of injuries though. Hope it's not an issue.

Dragovic - Another left winger. Loaned him out as I didn't see him playing that much this season.

Mavimbela - No injuries this season, maybe because he hardly played since Dias was so good.

Strikers

Jovanovic - Ok'ish.

Pisano - Main choice together with Pattison and Jordane. Decent season.

Melendez - The giant that joined in January. Did win us a couple of points, but not sure he's the one.

Pattison - Injured for 7 months. Sad for him, but good for Jordane who took his chance when it came.

Niksic - Fair enough.

Jano - Tried loaning him out, didn't happen. Didn't play much.

Jordane - Took his chance when Pattison got injured. Took him 4 seasons at the club to find some form.

Fairly happy with the squad. As mentioned I want some more size (taller players) though, especially at full back and up front. Still waiting for a striker to really go crazy to, but with Dias providing a few from the wing it's decent. We also have quite a big squad, but with the amount of injuries we've been getting it's been needed.

Future

I'll try my best to strengthen the squad again. Some strong taller full backs and maybe the same for a DMC and a SC. Will have to see what's available. We're still not that attractive a club, but we're in the ECL now so hopefully that'll make us interesting to more players. Board finally agreed that training and youth facilities need an upgrade as well. About time. Only investing £2M in it though.

Speaking of youth, my youth team finally produced a couple of promising youngsters this season.

Stommel - AMC with potential to be a star 1st division player

Gärtner - SC with potential to be a leading 1st division player

Not gonna hold my breath, but they are extremely young so maybe they can reach that potential eventually.

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	G-CUP		EUROPE	[/b]
14/15	3D	2nd	-		-		Promoted
15/16	2D	3rd	1st Round	-		Promoted
16/17	1D	17th	3rd Round	-		Relegated
17/18	2D	2nd	1st Round	-		Promoted
18/19	1D	10th	3rd Round	-		-
19/20	1D	8th	Semi Final	-		-
20/21	1D	2nd	2nd Round	-		Into European competitions we go

I have some unfinished business in Ragusa, so after the somewhat "unfair" sacking in my previous adventure with the club, I make a return to Sicily. I did make some cosmetic changes with the pre-game editor, but perhaps that won't preclude me from posting updates here. The changes are all visible on this screen (reference). After managing a string of clubs with sort of mid-tone blue main colours, I wanted some change and made Ragusa's strip darker - a tone that is not entirely without historical precedent.

ragusa_splash_small.gif~original

Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica Ragusa Calcio

Manager Renzo Borgese

Information

Information

Domestic Leagues History

Squad

Logo_of_FC_Volgar-Gazprom_Astrakhan.png

Another year, another season of narrowly surviving in the Russian First Division for Volgar, finishing 14th this year. This season went a bit better as we pretty much hung just above relegation all season but we really wilted after the winter break once again with a 1-6-4 record. We also fought through a tremendous number of injuries.

Finally making some progress I think though as I'm finally looking at some of my players as long term pieces. I'm particularly happy with my center defenders, 22 year old Ukrainian Roman Pomazan and 25 year old Armenian Grisha Khachatryan, 24 year old defensive midfielder Yegor Ivanov and 24 year old center midfielder Klemen Bolha from Slovenia. Our season was really made though by a signing shortly after the season started, 33 year old striker Alexander Alumona. He led the team with 18 goals and really took up the slack as Alkhazov started slowing down.

We had the youngest team in our division this season and I have most of it resigned for next season. All I'm really concerned about is finding another attacking option at striker or attacking mid center. This career is looking a lot like my last successful one where I pretty much avoided relegation for three seasons and then started moving up. I think it's about time for a top half finish.

Ohanzee- congrats on finishing 2nd - a big improvement... Good luck in the CL next season and good luck in finding those taller players...

Duccio - good luck 2nd time round with Ragusa.

Tecmo ​- well done on surviving again. Hopefully it will go the way of your last successful save and we'll see you moving up the league.

Grats on the 2nd place Ohanzee. I actually never finished 2nd with Kassel before winning the title, always 3rd :) You seem to have a good squad and young too.

Cheers Duccio and good luck with Ragusa again.

Good job on surviving again Tecmo.

[TABLE=align: center, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8, align: center]

Season One - 14/15 - Serie C/C

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]

Season

Fixtures | League Table | Graph

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 30][/TD]

[TD]

Serie C/C - 15th

The season was difficult. Prediction was for Ragusa to finish last, but actually being in the relegation battle was something I had wanted to avoid. After spending much of the season in the relegation playout zone, I managed to steer off of it with the narrowest of margins to finish 15th.

Coppa Italia Serie C

Iblei did not qualify from the group stage.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Team

Transfers | Squad[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Gerardo Strumbo - DC

Very important central defender who came on loan from Catania. I don't know what would have happened without him.

Gianmarco Corsino - DR

Decent full back.

Giorgio Corona - ST

41 years old and 18 goals. 3rd in Serie C/C goal scoring chart.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Club

Facilities | Finances[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

The club is semi-professional, so while attracting players is difficult, it also means that expenses are not very high. Ragusa made a nice small profit, and though the club is not rich by any means, it is financially stable.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Progress

[TABLE=class: none, align: center, width: 1000]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Serie[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Coppa Italia[/TD]]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Champions Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Euro Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]14/15[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]C/C[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]15th[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]-[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

palluni.jpg~original

No more palluni in Ragusa IRL. The current season began with optimism as the new owner, who took over after the previous campaign, invested in new players and talked about building a team that could fight for promotion. After a few months it became clear that the players had not been paid, and everything started to unravel. The owner left the club while his deputy stayed on and unsuccessfully tried to find new sponsors. The last game Ragusa played in was

- 8 youth team members take to the field, 2 of them get "injured", and the match is abandoned :rolleyes:. There has been talk about refounding the club at a lower level.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim

Season 14 (2027/28) - Bundesliga

A bit briefer than usual...

Back in the Champions League and hopeful of a title challenge...

Transfers

After last season's 2nd place, I figured I'd keep the squad pretty much the same as last year, only bringing in two signings.

League Table - Graph - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

The season started with our most embarrassing cup failure yet, a first round defeat to 3rd division Aalen. I played a lot of youngsters, but honestly, we were just rubbish.

It felt like this season we just couldn't find any consistency. We'd hold Barcelona to a draw or beat Roma away, then stumble our way to a 1-1 draw against Braunschweig. We were out of the title race before Christmas, but our form in the new year quickly killed off hopes of even a top four finish, the low point definitely being a 4-0 spanking at the hands of Dresden.

The Champions League was better, finishing 2nd in a tough group with Barcelona and Roma, then beating AC Milan in the 1st knockout round. We did our best to throw that away - having won the first leg 3-0, we needed an away goal in extra time to sneak through eventually. Chelsea then taught us a lesson in the Quarter Final.

21 points off the title (and 13 points less than last year). Things need shaking up.

Squad Stats

Victor Luis had another good season, and we're probably too reliant on him to create something.

Finances

Back in the Champions League, back to rolling in money.

Which perhaps brings us to the one silver lining on this cloudy season...

New stadium! The imaginatively-named SVW Mannheim Stadium will hold 38,000, and hopefully be fully seated so we can have proper crowds for European football...

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 |  3. Liga   |   17th    |     -      |      -      |      Survival      | Vllaznim Dautaj (21)    |     2,776
2015/16 |  3. Liga   |   15th    |     -      |      -      |         -          | Fabian Schleusener (12) |     3,445
2016/17 |  3. Liga   |    7th    |     -      |      -      |    Positive GD     | Max Pinter (21)         |     3,566
2017/18 |  3. Liga   |    3rd    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |     Promotion!     | Max Pinter (21)         |     5,261
2018/19 |  2. Liga   |    5th    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |      Survival      | Max Pinter (18)         |     9,451
2019/20 |  2. Liga   |    4th    |  3rd Rnd   |      -      |         -          | YP1 Branimir Maric (15) |     8,362
2020/21 |  2. Liga   |    6th    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |         -          | Heinz Barth (16)        |     8,669
2021/22 |  2. Liga   |    2nd    |  2nd Rnd   |      -      |     Promotion!     | Heinz Barth (14)        |     8,681
2022/23 | Bundesliga |    9th    |     QF     |      -      |     Top half!      | Mario Götze (8)         |    18,050
2023/24 | Bundesliga |    3rd    |  2nd Rnd   |      -      |      CL Qual!      | Stephen Daly (11)       |    16,648
2024/25 | Bundesliga |    2nd    |  2nd Rnd   |  EL 2nd KO  |    CL group qual   | Joachim Eyrainer (9)    |    20,126
2025/26 | Bundesliga |    4th    |  2nd Rnd   |  CL 1st KO  |    CL post-Xmas    | Victor Luis (11)        |    20,567
2026/27 | Bundesliga |    2nd    |  3rd Rnd   |    EL QF    |>500 games in charge| Joachim Eyrainer (15)   |    22,440
2027/28 | Bundesliga |    6th    |  1st Rnd   |    CL QF    |         -          | Victor Luis (12)        |    25,704

Next season

So what do I do now? First and foremost I need a new tactic, it feels like the old one has been figured out. Then I need to decide what competitions I focus on. Should I belittle the cup and the Europa League, playing reserves and youngsters, focusing fully on the Bundesliga to get back into that top four? Or shall I give the cups a fair crack, and try and bring some silverware home? That trophy cabinet still looks mightily empty...

Well done on staying up which is always the first objective as you know. good luck next season.

Staying up is definitely the first objective, though one would hope that ensuring it would happen earlier in the season. ;)

New stadium! The imaginatively-named SVW Mannheim Stadium will hold 38,000, and hopefully be fully seated so we can have proper crowds for European football...

That is going to be on helluva stadium once you get to expanding it. General wisdom would dictate that it could reach a capacity of 76 000, but perhaps the retractable roof means that expansion is impossible? I don't think I have ever had club build a stadium with retractable roof.

[TABLE=align: center, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8, align: center]

Season Two - 15/16 - Serie C/C

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]

Season

Fixtures | League Table | Graph

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Season XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Serie C/C - 3rd

The second season was a world apart from the challenging previous campaign. Form was consistently good, and Iblei hovered around the promotion playoff positions throughout the whole season. Therefore finishing 3rd was a good reward for the hard work of the semi-professionals. In the playoffs my team took on Perugia in the quarter final, Livorno in the semi finals, and then Virtus Entella in the finals. Ragusa emerged victorious and will next season be competing in Serie B for the first time ever.

Coppa Italia Serie C

Good form in the league extended into the Cup competition as Iblei, even though I fielded players who had gotten less playtime in the league, had a good run all the way to the semi finals where Spal defeated my team.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Team

Transfers | Squad[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Team XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Giuseppe Ingrassia - GK

My assistant thinks Ingrassia would be a good player for most Serie B sides.

Alessio De Bode - DC

Important new signing from Messina. Central defender with good jumping reach.

Alex Randazzo - ST

Effective striker.

Giacomo Tudisco - ST

Who wants to disco? Young striker from Igea Virtus was in great form - he was the top Serie C/C goalscorer.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Club

Facilities | Finances[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Club XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

New board took over the club, and this time I survived the change in leadership. Ragusa remained semi-professional for this season, but will begin the campaign in Serie B as a full time outfit. Financially Iblei were again profitable if investing £400K to improve training facilities is not taken into account.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Progress XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Progress

[TABLE=class: none, align: center, width: 1000]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Serie[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Coppa Italia[/TD]]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Champions Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Euro Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]