FM 14 Big Euro Challenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all i'm thinking about giving this challenge ago again, I tried it a few years back but I never really got into it, and I was wondering where everyone is managing. I'm thinking I'll probably go to either Russia, Turkey or Portugal but obviously if there is an excess of people in these nations I might go somewhere else. :)

Welcome chris11223. I just started in Italy with Giulianova after finishing in Germany.I think that atm there are players in Germany, Russia, Portugal, Italy and France.

EDIT: Just decided it was time for a clean Windows reinstall as it has been a long time since the last one. Hopefully i will be done by tomorrow.

[TABLE=align: center, width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8, align: center]

ragusa_splash_small.gif~original

Associazione Sportiva Ragusa Calcio

Season Three - 16/17 - Serie B

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]

Season

Fixtures | League Table | Graph

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 30][/TD]

<!--Season XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Serie B - 12th

Reasonably good debut season in Serie B. My team was never in danger of relegation, but didn't really fight for promotion either, though quite a few clubs can qualify for the promotion playoffs.

Coppa Italia

Nothing to boast about in the Cup. Only 1 game played, and it was a defeat against Serie C Reggina.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Team

Transfers | Squad[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Team XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Jacopo Galimberti - DC

Not good enough for Inter in Serie A, but definitely good enough for playing Serie B.

Francesco Lo Bue - DR

Palermitan right back Lo Bue didin't get much play time at Verona, but he is the first choice at Ragusa.

Dario Maltese - MC

Another Palermitan player Maltese was deemed surplus to requirements at Latina, so he came to Sicily.

Michael Fabbro - ST

My joint top league goal scorer.

Giacomo Tudisco - ST

Tudisco continued his good goalscoring form, but suffered from multiple minor injuries during the season. He still managed to score 23 league goals just like Fabbro.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Club

Facilities | Finances[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Club XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Training facilites are being improved again, which has left only about £135K in the bank. When one does not have that much money, but is still looking to improve club infrastructure, it may be a good idea to ask for the improvements after the budget for the next season has been announced. I think that way the money spent on the facilities will not affect negatively on the wage budget.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Progress XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD=colspan: 2, bgcolor: #e8e8e8]Progress

[TABLE=class: none, align: center, width: 1000]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Serie[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 50, align: center]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Coppa Italia[/TD]]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Champions Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc, width: 112, align: center]Euro Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #dcdcdc]Achievements[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]16/17[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]B[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]12th[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]2nd Qualifying Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]-[/TD]

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]15/16[/TD]

<!-- League -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]C/C[/TD]

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]3rd[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa]Promotion[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]14/15[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]15th[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

duccio- well done on promotion and a good solid start to Serie B

chris11223 - welcome to the challenge. new players are always welcome. we don't currently have anyone playing in Turkey i don't think, one in Russia and a few in Portugal i think...

As for Le Mans and Ligue 1, just travelled to Parc des Princes to face PSG. no fit right back, a man sent off after 20 mins. i think i got away lightly with a 6-0 defeat.....

Congrats on the new stadium johnnyquest409, hope you can fill it up with some European top clubs coming to Mannheim.

Congrats on the promotion duccio. And well done staying up. I remember Galimberti from some earlier years challenges. Solid choice of a center back.

Welcome chris11223! Good luck where ever you decide to go.

Always rough when you first meet those world class sides in the top division rlipscombe. Hope you can give them a fight next time.

My season is done. Ups and downs again. Will update tonight or tomorrow, will see how far I get before I fall a sleep.

TSV Alemannia Aachen - 2021/22 (Season 8)

Table | Graph | Transfers | Squad | Finances

The League

We didn't have a great start as Dias tore a calf muscle in the first match and was sidelined for 3 months together with a few more minor injuries. We still managed to stay up there in the top 4. With 10 matches to go we were down to 5th though and I wasn't even thinking about a league title. But we somehow managed an amazing 8 wins 1 draw and 1 loss in those last 10 matches and walked away with a league title. 70 points would not have been enough to win it in any of the previous 8 seasons in this save, but I don't care, we got it!

The Cup (fixtures)

Very disappointed with the way we went out. Quarter final against Gladbach. Kokko sent off after 22 minutes and it was a struggle from there. Managed to get to extra time, but my players were to tired and we lost 2-0.

Europe (fixtures)

Barcelona, Marseille and Shaktar was our group in the ECC. We started off terrible with 3 straight losses (2 of them at home. Then somehow managed a couple of away wins to get us into the 3rd spot. We managed to knock Liverpool out of the EC, which was probably the highlight of our first European campaign, but went crashing out to Bayern in the next round.

Our main problem was lack of squad depth. I don't have enough home grown players, or youngsters that's been here for 2 seasons, so injuries and suspensions hit extremely hard.

Players

New players

Pejcinovic - Talented, but wants to play first team football. Might leave.

Acosta - Tall right back. Didn't get to many chances as Webb had a great season.

Choquito - Another tall center/right back. Ended up playing mostly center back. Did well in the league, not so much in Europe.

Hadzhiev - Tall striker, managed double digits, which seem to be all I can ask for from my strikers atm.

Mendoza - Needed another DMC. He took his time settling in, but he did well when called upon.

Adauto - Another attempt at a tall striker. Double digits here as well. Bit inconsistent form.

Supka - Joined in January, didn't really have time to settle in. Wants first team football.

Markovic - I wanted to sign him in the summer, but didn't have the transfer funds. In January we managed to fix a deal though. Double digits in half a season, can he reach 20 in a whole one?

Spent a bit of money for the first time. Although we also sold players for almost as much. Our finances are amazing though so I have no issues spending what the board give me atm.

Other notable players performing well this season

Dias - Another great season by him after recovering from his 3 month injury. Not sure I can keep him. Haven't tried offering a new contract, but I fear he'll ask for £100k++ a week now.

Capezzi - Same as Dias.

Gorse - Surprise of the year for me. Not his performance, but the amount of goals.

Alexandersson - Wanted by half of Europe, for good reasons. And he's still not a finished product.

Mavimbela - Had to chance my formation a few times in Europe this season as I only had 1 fit DMC. James played MC in those matches and provided some good assists.

Webb - Deserves a mention after a very solid season on the righ back.

Future

Now that we've won the league, I might try to experiment a bit with my formation next season. I really don't enjoy playing so defensive (2 DMCs). Might try a offensive 4222 or 424. With some of the attacking talent in our side we really should be scoring more goals.

Lots of players in their last contract year again. Including Dias and Capezzi. Which might be a problem. Not sure how high I want to push wages of single players, but I might just have to bite the apple and go all out at this stage if we want to stay in the top. It's not like we can't afford it.

[b][u][color=#C89646]HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	G-CUP		ECC		EC	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14/15	3D	2nd	-		-		-		Promoted
15/16	2D	3rd	1st Round	-		-		Promoted
16/17	1D	17th	3rd Round	-		-		Relegated
17/18	2D	2nd	1st Round	-		-		Promoted
18/19	1D	10th	3rd Round	-		-		-
19/20	1D	8th	Semi Final	-		-		-
20/21	1D	2nd	2nd Round	-		-		Qualified for Europe
21/22	1D	1st	Qtr Final	Group stage	2nd KO Rnd	League winners!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ünyespor Kulübü

130px-Unyespor.png

Spor Toto .Lig Kirmizi Grup

2014/15

The Manager

Profile - Information - Nationalities

There is not really much to say about the manager apart from the fact he has joined Ünyespor Kulübü with lofty ambitions which are appreciated by the board and the fans alike but perhaps not fully believed.

The Club

Ünyespor Kulübü, formally called Ünye Gençlerbirliği changed it's name in 1985 and is based in the city of Ordu, Turkey. I'd spend a Little while talking about the clubs history but despite being founded over 50 years ago the club seems to have wallowed in lower mid-table obscurity in which ever league it has found its-self with the only trophies it has picked up being received for topping Spor Toto 2. Lig Beyas Grup and Spor Toto 2. Lig E Kategorisi in 1990 and 1996, respectively.

Information - Facilities - Overview - Squad

Summary

With a media prediction of 2nd bottom in the league its going to be a tough season battling relegation but finishing outside the relegation zone is well within our reached, the squad will need some quality added to help our survival bid but I will have to be careful not to ruin the finances of the club at an early stage in this challenge and with a stadium with 10340 all-seater capacity which will take some significant upkeep it should be interesting until the crowds come flocking in years to come. :)

Ohanzee, congratulations on the title, you and AndySava are showing me how it's done!

chris11223, good luck in Turkey!

Congrats on the new stadium johnnyquest409, hope you can fill it up with some European top clubs coming to Mannheim.

At the moment, I'm just hoping I'm still in charge by the time we move in. This season is not going particularly well, and star player Victor Luis has just been ruled out injured for 3 months. Hopefully I've got enough credit built up with the board over the last 15 years to ride this out!

Thanks johnnyquest409 i'm going to need it, my league form came as a real surprise after going through pre-season against teams in my league and above and finishing with 12 wins and 2 losses to the go on to win 1 in 7 in the league :(

I could be starting this again sooner than I expected

I remember Galimberti from some earlier years challenges. Solid choice of a center back.

I've had Galimberti on some earlier save as well and he was pretty good, though not quite good enough to be a proper Serie A player.

Congratulations for winning the league! Rapid progress after being relegated and then promoted again.

[TR]

Season Four - 17/18 - Serie B

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Season

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Season XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Serie B - 15th

The season started reasonably well, but then my team's form deteriorated and 1 win in 13 games saw Iblei plunge to the relegation zone just before the Christmas break. The second half of the season was better, but followed a bit similar form pattern (maybe because of the same sequence of opponents) of good results in the beginning and then many losses and draws. In the end 4 points separated Ragusa from certain relegation, and 2 points from the relegation playouts.

Coppa Italia

Managed to win Serie C Casertana in the 2nd qualifying round, but lost to Serie A Brescia in the 3rd quali round.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Transfers | Squad[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Team XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Players Lomolino and Valzania did not like co-ownership bids being rejected and "just wanted to leave". So I arranged for Lomolino to "leave" for Atalanta, as the Bergamascan club bought the non-playing 50% of him. Half of Valzania will be going to Parma, but he will remain at Ragusa as well. :rolleyes:

Leonardo Capezzi - MC

At £150K Capezzi was a true bargain buy.

Emanuele Rovini - AMC

Rovini has been on loan at Ragusa for the past 2 seasons, and will join the club on permanent deal.

Gaetano Monachello - ST

Monachello, the man from Agrigento, spent the previous season unattached rejecting every offer he received. Now 20 goals in Serie B.

Giacomo Tudisco - ST

Once again a good season by the young striker. 20 league goals.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Club XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TD]

Ragusa will be playing in Siracusa while Aldo Campo is being expanded. Work is also being done on the training facilities.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!--Progress XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-->

[TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]17/18[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]3rd Qualifying Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Started my next season. Ajax, Real Madrid and Liverpool in the ECC group, oh well. Bit rough. Tried my luck playing a more offensive 424 formation. Worked ok for 2 matches, then we played FC Bayern and it was 5-0 to them at half time (ended 5-2 after reverting to old formation in 2nd half), so I'm back to my usual 42DMC22. Strikers are doing my head in, I just can't make them play well. Been trying so many different roles and settings now. They get the occasional good game, but never 2 in a row and more often than not both strikers play 6.5 or lower.

Andy Sava more than anything I think I was just terrifically unlucky, after pre-season which went very well everything seemed to go against us, we gave away 3 penalties in the first 3 games of the season and every game that we lost was by 1 goal and my strikers seemed unable to score but not through lack of trying (posts and the crossbar was much more effective than the opposition keeper :( )

Ohanzee i've found that with my strikers from time to time but it had fixed itself for me, it just took some time.

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim

Season 15 (2028/29) - Bundesliga

A league of our own...

No Champions League this season, so time to focus on the league again.

Transfers

Long-term loanee Hari Gloor joins permanently, whilst goalkeeper José Manuel Suárez also comes into the first team. The rest of the signings are squad-filler/future prospects.

League Table - Graph - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

So 6th place again, a position we held for the last 13 weeks of the season. We started off poorly and reached our lowest point in the run up to Christmas, but finished the season as the form side, with the only two points we dropped in our last 5 matches being a 0-0 draw away to FC Bayern. Same points tally as last season, but a much better goal-difference, and generally a much more positive feeling around the club. I'm hopeful of a push back into the top four next season.

Europa League - Fixtures

A comfortable group stage that allowed us plenty of squad rotation, then victories over PAOK and Sevilla in the knockout rounds before falling to AS Monaco in the Quarter Final.

Squad Stats

Generally happy with the way the squad finished the season, and we were able to give a few youngsters a good amount of game time. Hanspeter Traut, Sascha Rapp and Mahmoud Khalil are all developing nicely.

Youth Candidates

With the improvements to youth recruitment over the last few seasons, we seem to be getting a more diverse intake each year. Tagged this season is goalkeeper YP15 Sergio Martínez

Finances

Plenty.

Season  |   League   | Position  |    Cup     |   Europe    |     Achievement    | Top Scorer (Lge)        | Ave. Attendance 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 |  3. Liga   |   17th    |     -      |      -      |      Survival      | Vllaznim Dautaj (21)    |     2,776
2015/16 |  3. Liga   |   15th    |     -      |      -      |         -          | Fabian Schleusener (12) |     3,445
2016/17 |  3. Liga   |    7th    |     -      |      -      |    Positive GD     | Max Pinter (21)         |     3,566
2017/18 |  3. Liga   |    3rd    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |     Promotion!     | Max Pinter (21)         |     5,261
2018/19 |  2. Liga   |    5th    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |      Survival      | Max Pinter (18)         |     9,451
2019/20 |  2. Liga   |    4th    |  3rd Rnd   |      -      |         -          | YP1 Branimir Maric (15) |     8,362
2020/21 |  2. Liga   |    6th    |  1st Rnd   |      -      |         -          | Heinz Barth (16)        |     8,669
2021/22 |  2. Liga   |    2nd    |  2nd Rnd   |      -      |     Promotion!     | Heinz Barth (14)        |     8,681
2022/23 | Bundesliga |    9th    |     QF     |      -      |     Top half!      | Mario Götze (8)         |    18,050
2023/24 | Bundesliga |    3rd    |  2nd Rnd   |      -      |      CL Qual!      | Stephen Daly (11)       |    16,648
2024/25 | Bundesliga |    2nd    |  2nd Rnd   |  EL 2nd KO  |    CL group qual   | Joachim Eyrainer (9)    |    20,126
2025/26 | Bundesliga |    4th    |  2nd Rnd   |  CL 1st KO  |    CL post-Xmas    | Victor Luis (11)        |    20,567
2026/27 | Bundesliga |    2nd    |  3rd Rnd   |    EL QF    |>500 games in charge| Joachim Eyrainer (15)   |    22,440
2027/28 | Bundesliga |    6th    |  1st Rnd   |    CL QF    |         -          | Victor Luis (12)        |    25,704
2028/29 | Bundesliga |    6th    |  2nd Rnd   |    EL QF    |         -          | Joachim Eyrainer (11)   |    22,633

Next season

New stadium will open in a year's time, so here's hoping that we have Champions League football back in Mannheim to celebrate the opening. Fifteen years now done here, still no trophies, but hey, silverware's over-rated.

TSV Alemannia Aachen - 2022/23 (Season 9)

Table | Graph | Transfers | Squad | Finances

The League

As mentioned before I tried my luck with a more offensive formation (424), but after going 5-0 down at half time against Bayern I scrapped the idea. This gave us back some consistency, but once again we never managed to hit top form in the 1st half of the season. In January I decided to play around with my formation again and went with 3 at the back for the first time. A bit to my surprise it worked really well, especially in defense, and I kept using it for the rest of the season even though we lacked proper wing backs.

Our form did improve in the 2nd half of the season once more, but it took a FC Bayern collapse in the last few matches to see us go top. 69 points, another all time low for the winner.

The Cup (fixtures)

Extremely poor performance in the Quarter final.

Europe (fixtures)

First off, our ECC squad consisted of just 18 first team players again this year as I really didn't expect to be in the ECC this early and have just 1 player counting as home grown. Most matches was played with 2-5 first team subs and the rest of the bench filled with useless youth players.

We entered a group of Real Madrid, Ajax and Liverpool. I didn't expect much, but even though Real Madrid beat us twice we managed 3 wins and a draw and it was barely enough to reach the next stage as we ended a head of Liverpool on equal points. The home game against Milan was going well, 1-0 up and controlling the game. Then Kokko got sent off and we were 3-1 down before half time. It ended 4-2 and I was sure it was over, but we somehow managed an amazing 3-0 win at their ground. It was a tight match, but we scored goals and they didn't.

Now as if it wasn't bad enough that I only have a 18 man squad both our goalkeepers managed to get injured at the same time for 4-5 weeks. Leaving me with a gray player in goal for that period in all competitions. I thought I was allowed to sign free transfers, but apparently not, so ...

Quarter final drew us against Real Madrid who had already beaten us twice this season. With a ghost in goal we still managed to win 1-0 at home this time around, meaning anything better than a 1 goal loss away would be amazing. When we went 2-0 up before half time I didn't believe my eyes. We hung on to that lead until the 82' minute, and even though they equalized to 2-2 in overtime it was more than enough to get us through. We really did not deserve a 2-2 in the match though, but I don't care.

Semi final was against Arsenal and once again we managed a solid 1-0 win at home. Arsenal were in full control for most of the away match and we didn't manage to score a goal this time. But neither did they, so we were in the ECC final. Money bags PSG awaiting.

Had a quick look at the PSG squad before going into the final, bad idea hehe. World class players in most positions, 12 players at £100k - £200k a week contracts, the top goalscorer in the ECC, etc. Still, we've managed to hold Arsenal and Real Madrid off both home and away and their teams aren't much worse, so I was hopeful.

I was expecting a final with PSG having the ball all the time and maybe getting 6-7 shots off ourselves. Instead we ended up almost equal in possession and even though PSG had almost twice as many shots it was mostly long range and we actually had more on target than them. In the end the final ended up as a striker duel, Markovic vs Dongou. I would probably pick Dongou any day if I had a choice, but this time Markovic was the efficient one and gave us a 2-1 win.

ECC Champions!!! With a 18 man squad. Not like we had an easy ride either, top clubs in every round including the final. I'm shocked, and very happy.

Players

Goalkeeper

Dolya - Solid, but not amazing.

Sane - Backup.

Defender

Choquito - Solid, played more matches than anyone.

Webb - Solid again, even playing out of position for many matches in the wingback role.

Acosta - Backup / rotation

Sodje - Backup / rotation

Kokko - Surprised me, was kind of expecting Sodje to be the 3rd center back, but Kokko wanted it.

Alexandersson - Only player in our squad I'd classify as World Class.

Mendoza - Backup / rotation / versatile

Midfield

Badji - Played a lot in the league after I changed formation to use wingbacks. Did well.

Capezzi - Another great season by our captain. Been here 6 seasons and played 30-40 matches in each of them. Solid!

Galindo - Free transfer coop in the summer. Very solid.

Supka - Didn't get a place in the ECC squad, but decided to show me he should have had one with his league performance.

Costa - Backup.

Chirivella - Another solid season.

Goncalves - Backup. We really have to many wingers.

Gorse - Solid. Not many goals this season though.

Araujo - Very good, one of the best performers. Also did great on the wingback.

Dias - Another great season, didn't look out of place on the wingback either.

Mavimbela - Injuries stopped him again, but did well when available.

Striker

Adauto - 3rd choice. Solid, but not amazing.

Pisano - Thought he might reach that 20 goal margin this season, but no, not even with 49 appearences. Still good though.

Hadzhiev - Backup.

Markovic - Might have reached 20 if he didn't get injured. Won us the ECC though, can't ask for more.

I think this is the worst squad I've ever won a ECC with tbh. Usually I've had at least 3-4 world class players before it happens. I really feel like we only have one atm. Although Dias and Capezzi are very solid they really are not even close to some of the really top class players in other teams.

Future

Not sure if I'll continue. Might try to do a proper overhaul of the squad in the summer and get some real wing backs in and see how the new formation does for a whole season. But tbh I'm not really feeling much for this save. To much money in Germany and I picked a club that had to much going for it to begin with. Big stadium that never got improved, etc. Just no feeling of building the club, just building the squad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14/15	3D	2nd	-		-				Promoted
15/16	2D	3rd	1st Round	-				Promoted
16/17	1D	17th	3rd Round	-				Relegated
17/18	2D	2nd	1st Round	-				Promoted
18/19	1D	10th	3rd Round	-				-
19/20	1D	8th	Semi Final	-				-
20/21	1D	2nd	2nd Round	-				Into European competitions we go
21/22	1D	1st	Qtr Final	Group stage			2nd KO Rnd
22/23	1D	1st	Qtr Final	Winner				CHALLENGE COMPLETE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ag6cMSl.png

Aliados Futebol Clube de Lordelo 2030/31

Transfers / Fixtures / Squad / Staff / Finances

Manager profile / Information / History

Transfers: A lot of players coming in, a few international superstars, we made some good deals this season.

Liga ZON Sagres: Table (var)

Not the start we were expecting. We lost many points to the 'underdogs' at the beginning of the season but with a nine straight win we fought for the title until the end. Belenenses were crowned new champions after beating Aliados on the decisive match of LZS 2031. Only five points between 1st-5th; 4th place once again, which means no UCL next season. I hope our finances don't collapse.

Taça de Portugal: Fixtures

Stopped by Belenenses once again. After a good run, defeating Porto and Sporting we ended up losing to the portuguese champions in the final.

Taça da Liga: Fixtures / Group D

For the first time in many years we used our first squad in league cup and we reached our goal: winning the competition for the second time, beating Belenenses in the final.

UEFA Europa League: Fixtures / Group C / Tree

We easily got into the group stage and even more easily finished first winning 5 out of 6 games.

First Olympique de Marseille, then Fenerbahçe in the 2nd knockout round. Quarter-final drew us against PSV and two more wins. Then came our 'neighbors' Porto in the semi-final: we lost 1-2 in the first leg, however, we won the second game in Lordelo (4-3 agg.) and reached the final of the european competition.

Amsterdam Arena hosted the decisive game against Atlético Madrid. The spanish team were favorite to lift the UEL title, but a powerful shot from Robles at the begining of the second half was enough to give Aliados their first european title.

Key players:

Zoran Nikolic- for the second year the serbian was a choice in 'team of the year'.

Darrius Warburton- french star, probably the most influent player in our team. Europa League top-assistant.

Ignacio Robles- another great season from Robles.

Ambroise N'Diaye- 26 goals, 15 in Europa League where he was top-goalscorer. Worth the 7.5 millions I paid for him last season.

Marc- 24 goals, amazing striker.

International management: Fixtures / Euro qualification

As it's allowed to manage national teams I accepted Italy's offer.

[TABLE=class: MsoTableLightShadingm, width: 95%, align: center]

[TR][TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]League Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Champions League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Europa League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007acc]Achievement[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2014/15[/TD]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional[/TD]

[TD=]6th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1st in Relegation Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2015/16[/TD]

[TD=]1st[/TD]

[TD=]1st Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]4th in Promotion Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD=]5th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]1st in Relegation Stage[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD=]1st[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Campeonato Nacional Winners[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]19th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Survival[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]13th[/TD]

[TD=]4th Round[/TD]

[TD=]1st Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]5th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Most Improved Team[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2021/22[/TD]

[TD]Liga2 Cabovisão[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]6th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Promotion[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2022/23[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]12th[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Survival[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2023/24[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]11th[/TD]

[TD=]Semi-finals[/TD]

[TD=]2nd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2024/25[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]12th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2025/26[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]7th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Europa League qualification[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2026/27[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]7th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]2nd Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]Super Cup Runners-up[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2027/28[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]2nd[/TD]

[TD=]6th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Quarter-finals[/TD]

[TD]Champions League qualification[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2028/29[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]3rd[/TD]

[TD=]5th Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2029/30[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]4th[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD=]3rd Round[/TD]

[TD]Group Stage[/TD]

[TD]1st Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2030/31[/TD]

[TD]Liga ZON Sagres[/TD]

[TD=]4th[/TD]

[TD=]Runners-up[/TD]

[TD=]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD][/TR]

[/TABLE]

TSV Alemannia Aachen - 2023/24 (Season 10)

League | Cup | Europe / World | Squad | Transfers

Will just do a short update.

Transfer window was interesting as we sold players for almost £92 million. Losing Araujo, Supka and most importantly Alexandersson. Spent about half of it, some in January on the following

Coste - free transfer 5 star potential striker

Karius - free transfer goalie that I signed during my goalie crisis last season not knowing he wouldn't join before summer.

Wallgren - established wing back

Gordon - new goalkeeper

Benali - wing back or center back, probably center back

Renzoni - established center back

Heij - another 5 star potential striker for a future we won't see

Season started rough as per usual with so many new signings. Lost super cup, European super cup, and German cup (2nd round). Around November the team really started to come together though and we only lost 2 more matches (both in the league) for the rest of the season. Winning the league, the ECC and the world club cup.

I think that's it for my Aachen career. Maybe I'll pick it up some time for fun, but I think this is the last update.

14/15	3D	2nd	-		-				Promoted
15/16	2D	3rd	1st Round	-				Promoted
16/17	1D	17th	3rd Round	-				Relegated
17/18	2D	2nd	1st Round	-				Promoted
18/19	1D	10th	3rd Round	-				-
19/20	1D	8th	Semi Final	-				-
20/21	1D	2nd	2nd Round	-				Into European competitions we go
21/22	1D	1st	Qtr Final	Group stage			2nd KO Rnd
22/23	1D	1st	Qtr Final	Winner				CHALLENGE COMPLETE
23/24	1D	1st	2nd Round	Winner				WCC, ECC and League winners

Congratulations on winning the Europa League CJ'43, looks like it's very tight in the league! Is that the first time in your save that one of the 'big three' hasn't won the title?

Thank you, and yes. I think there's no 'big three' anymore. Belenenses became one of the best teams in Portugal, they're owned by a group of australian investors and they're spending millions and millions in transfers every year. Now we have 4/5 teams every year challenging for the title. And by the way, Portugal is 4th in UEFA coefficients, really close from 3rd place, which means we'll probably have 4 teams in Champions League next season.

Ohanzee - Awesome stuff and congratulations on completing the challenge! Hopefully we'll still see you around even if you're all done with your save?

CJ'43 - Great to get a European trophy under your belt. Also, good luck with Italy!

johnnyquest409 - Clearly established yourself as one of Germany's top clubs - like you say, silverware is overrated. What do you think is the missing ingredient? Just glancing at your overview, I'd guess that maybe a truly prolific striker might make a big difference?

duccio - Do you get as frustrated with all the co-ownership offers in Italy as I do? Why on earth would I want to sell 50% of one of my best players and first team regulars when I'm not in any financial trouble?

z82y.png

U.S. Vibonese - 2020/21

Season 7 Review - Serie A

Competitions

Serie A - 7th

Another very satisfying season, as we hovered around mid-table for most of the year before making a big push late on to grab an unlikely Europa League qualification place. A lot of that was down to Nico Huber, a versatile young Swiss forward who I absolutely shattered my transfer record for in January, paying upwards of £8m when clauses and future fees were taken into account. He proved to be worth it though, scoring 12 goals in 18 games to propel us to European football. As a side note, after I mentioned Juventus' dominance in my last update, they actually struggled for big portions of the season, even spending some time in the bottom half of the table, before going on a late run to finish 3rd.

Coppa Italia - 1st Round (def. by Fiorentina)

For some reason we've never really found our feet in this competition, and so it proved again here, as we struggled to get past Ascoli and Cagliari in the qualifying rounds before going out to eventual winners Fiorentina in the First Round proper.

Squad and Transfers

Club Overview | First Team Squad | Transfers

The summer transfer window was done somewhat on the cheap, though we did bring in real quality in Russian striker Mikhail Stepanov, who nabbed 20 goals for us, and young Argentine winger Angel Vazquez from PSG. Then in January, as I mentioned, I decided that after making a £24m profit last season, I could stand to make a big splash. The board announced a new stadium which will take two years to be completed, named Modesto Arena after former Parma and Genoa player Francesco Modesto - he apparently spent a season on loan at Vibonese early in his career, so he's a club legend - apparently doesn't take much to get a stadium named after you these days! The new stadium will hold 21,250 - a far cry from our current 2,758.

Player of the Year - Bruno Bernard (D C) - 38 apps (4 goals) - 7.30 average rating: The Belgian defender was an ever present in the side in his second season at the club, and captained the side in most games as club captain Mihovil Jeronim Klapan became more of a bit part player.

International

Uruguay - 3rd in CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying

When Uruguay came calling, I couldn't really say no - struggling in World Cup Qualifying when I took over, we're actually unbeaten since I took charge, moving from barely holding on to the 5th place playoff spot to looking fairly sure of automatic qualification. Of my nine games in charge, only a 0-0 draw away in Peru and a 2-2 draw away to leaders Brazil have seen points dropped.

History

Season     Division        Position    Cup Competitions    Continental Competitions     Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    Serie C1/C      10th        CILP: 3rd Grp K     N/A                          -
2015/16    Serie C1/C      1st         CILP: 2nd Round     N/A                          Promoted to Serie B
2016/17    Serie B         5th         CI: 3rd Qual Round  N/A                          -
2017/18    Serie B         3rd         CI: 3rd Qual Round  N/A                          Def. in Playoff Final
2018/19    Serie B         1st         CI: 1st Round       N/A                          Promoted to Serie A
2019/20    Serie A         13th        CI: 4th Qual Round  N/A                          -
2020/21    Serie A         7th         CI: 1st Round       N/A                          Europa League qualification

[i]CILP = Coppa Italia Lega Pro
CI = Coppa Italia

CL = Champions League
EL = Europa League[/i]

Congrats on the EC win CJ'43, well done! Hope you can push for that league title now, not far off I see. Good luck!

Great progress iseemonsters1. That new stadium will be an amazing upgrade. Huber looks a real talent.

I'll be around. Was thinking of trying the Gundo challenge with my local Norwegian team, but I can't get them to show up. Tried for about 3 hours last night with no luck, even though other teams in their division kept popping up. If I can't make them show up I'm not sure where I'll go, but somewhere. Might try another one in here once the final patch is out as well (assuming there'll be one).

johnnyquest409 - Clearly established yourself as one of Germany's top clubs - like you say, silverware is overrated. What do you think is the missing ingredient? Just glancing at your overview, I'd guess that maybe a truly prolific striker might make a big difference?

That's probably a fairly accurate assessment. We often dominate matches or at least create more chances than opposition, but aren't ruthless enough in front of goal. We don't have the financial muscle to bring in a top striker, so it might still take time to develop a young player. We also don't have enough depth, something that has improved this season though, so hopefully we're in for a better season.

Excellent season there, iseemonsters1, and as Ohanzee said, that new stadium should be great for you.

Missed your last update somehow johnnyquest409. So close to ECC spots! Hope you can get it next season for the new stadium as you mentioned. Looking at your finances I'm guessing you have the same issue as me with your board being a bit restrictive. I honestly don't see why we kept sitting at £30-80M balance after every season. They could have given me 3x-4x the wage and transfer budget almost from the start in the top division and we still would have come out in green figures. Good luck next season!

It's great to see everyone is doing so well with their respective clubs :)

Ohanzee congratulations on the completion and I have no doubt that whatever you do next you'll succeed.

johnnyquest409, as everyone else has said I hope you are able to bring champions league football to your new stadium next season, a little bit of luck and you'll be there!

iseemonsters1 a good solid season there, definitely something to build on for next season and hopefully you will be able to push on and challenge for the top spots in the league.

CJ'43 congratulations on the Europa cup win hopefully there will be more European glory to follow!

As for me it looks like Unyeapor just wasn't meant to be but I won't be giving up that easily and i'm back with Denizli Bld. another Turkish team and hopefully i'll even manage to still be in charge gone Christmas. As for the starting post I forgot and it doesn't feel right to do it now i'm 7 or so games into the league but pretty much everything is the same.

Third time lucky :)

Congratulations Ohanzee, well done.

duccio - Do you get as frustrated with all the co-ownership offers in Italy as I do? Why on earth would I want to sell 50% of one of my best players and first team regulars when I'm not in any financial trouble?

Its quite annoying. I don't want to pump players' values too high lest someone matches their release clauses, and 2 of my players have become unsettled because I rejected co-ownership bids. You can avoid players getting unsettled by negotiating the bids, but its tedious to say the least.

In Serie A (and soon in Europe) with capacity for 2758 spectators. That must be against regulations! :lol: The new stadium will be a boost.

[TR]

Season Five - 18/19 - Serie B

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Season

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Serie B - 6th

Curiously this season saw Roma play Serie B football after finishing bottom of the table in Serie A last season. For Ragusa this season was very encouraging - the campaign did not begin all that well, but soon Iblei started to climb up the table. Final position of 6th meant that my team took part in the promotion playoffs. We beat Vicenza in the preliminary round, but in the semis the forementioned Roma were better.

Coppa Italia

Beating Serie C Viareggio in the 2nd qualifying round was not a surprise, but 3rd qual round 5 - 0 away win against Serie A Atalanta was a great feat. Next round saw Iblei win fellow Serie B team Pescara, but in the 1st round of Coppa Italia Serie A Genoa easily defeated my team.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Transfers | Squad[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Luca Lezzerini - GK

New primary goalkeeper. At least in terms of ability Lezzerini is a clear step forward.

Felice Giliberti - AMC

Loan player who rejected loan extension. Young player of the year in Serie B.

Giacomo Tudisco - ST

17 league goals is good, but its Tudisco's lowest tally so far.

Michael Fabbro - ST

21 league goals.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Another stadium expansion will take only a short time to finish, but the board took another loan to finance it and I guess to have money in the bank. The money was immediately spent though, because I requested for improved training facilities and the board agreed.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]18/19[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]6th[/TD]

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]1st Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]17/18[/TD]

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

[TD=bgcolor: #fafafa, align: center]3rd Qualifying Rnd[/TD]

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season -->

<!-- League -->

<!-- Position -->

<!-- Coppa Italia -->

<!-- Champions Cup-->

<!-- Euro Cup -->

<!-- Achievements -->

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Chris11223 - Good luck with Ünyespor Kulübü second time round

Duccio - Good upward curve there – Serie A football can’t be far away. Love the look of Tudisco – he’s a man to build a team around.

Johnnyquest409 - another consistent season. Hopefully a better start next season will see you back in the CL positions.

CJ’43 - Unlucky in the league there but well done winning the Europa League. Got yourself a good team there – hopefully you can push for the title next season.

Iseemonsters1 - 7th in Serie A is a good finish. Building a decent squad there and a new stadium in the pipeline. Good luck in Europe next season too.

Ohanzee - Well done on completion – knew you’d manage it sooner rather than later. Built a really good squad there. Understand you finishing with it though if heart not fully in it. Hopefully you’ll stay around the thread and that we’ll see you back soon. Always good having you take part in the challenge.

As for Le Mans we're into November now. Managing to keep our head above water so far. i am pretty much writing off matches against the top teams and focusing on the games against those around us. Had the hammering by PSG (A 6-0) and lost to Monaco (A 3-1) but had a couple of good wins including a 6-2 thrashing of Troyes. Seem to be able to score goals but are leaking them too though the odd thrashing skews the figures a little. i think our record is 4-2-7 after 13 games.

US Quevilly

2015/16

French National - 12th

French Cup - Knocked out in 8th round by Paris FC

Top Goalscorer - Amath Diedhiou (13 goals in all competitions)

106fa310659cc35cc9330b215bbdba4e.png

My only explanation for how we managed to stay up more comfortably than last season is that the general standard of the league was a lot worse this season. Amath Diedhiou wasn't on fire like he was last season but we'd just somehow win games 1 or 2-0 against the kind of teams we'd draw or lose against last season.

f19e54f473b8ed38272b7a66be5c955e.png

Our stadium has finished being refurbished to meet league guidelines, we're nowhere near selling out the 5,000 stadium though as our average attendance for this season was just 744. The profit we made is primarily due to the board coughing up cash to prevent our debt from being even worse. My wage budget has continued to gradually get worse and worse, when I started it was 25K and it has now decreased to just 17K. I'm unable to make transfers and we've been surviving on loan deals. Any vaguely promising youngsters who bigger clubs offer like 15K for plus some bonuses if they do good have all been taken, hopefully one of them is sold for a decent profit and we get some money that way.

It looks like the aim for next season will again be to avoid relegation as we wont have the money to improve the squad, luckily I have managed to renew contracts of key squad members by begging them to lower their wage demands.

Career Overview:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season      League              Position     French Cup      Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16     French National     12th         8th Round       N/A
2014/15     French National     14th         9th Round       N/A

PaulHartman71 - It looks like you are really having a tough time of it with the finances, you might have to consider completely overhauling your squad and bringing in alot of youngsters who want low wages and have potential to improve in the hope to get a few bids in the coming seasons and making a profit. Good luck :)

Archived