FM13 - The Real Flying Dutchman

Pitalo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May2015NewContractOffer_zps51ec03b2.jpg

Our cheap chairman finally recognizes my abilities, be it late, only 8 weeks left on my contract. After some negiotiations, I walked away from it. I am not signing a contract for 3 years. Not with that salary ;)

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

May 2015

Glentoran_FixturesMay2015_zps861e9701.jpg

Our final result against Ballymenna Utd. was good, which I really demanded from the team. After 3 losses in a row last month I really wanted to see a good result. It was an oppertunity for our players to honour the fans who have been fantastic this season.

May2015GlentoranTable_zps73857ab1.jpg

On top, Champions and 16-points adrift from Linfield. It has been easy this season, hopefully next season excitement will come back. Not too much though, I like winning championships. 2nd championship in a row and if I can keep the squad together we'll have a go at it next season.

May2015GlentoranNewLeagueRecord_zps6ecb1e23.jpg

We set a new record. Apperantely we've also set the previous record, which wasn't set with me as manager. Something to aim for next season perhaps.

May2015SignedNewContract_zpse0ec2fb7.jpg

Last day in May our chairman wanted to have another contract talk and I was keen on talking. The man showed some flexability this time. Signing a new contract for 2-years and with a good monthly salary. Note: This is the last time I sign a new contract with The Glens. If something comes up, I'll probably go and if I see the end of this contract, it's time for me to move on to something else. To quote a Dutch manager:"All managers have an expiring date, mine is 3-years." We'll in that case, mine is 4,5- to 5-years

---> End of Season

- Season Highlights

The trophies at Glentoran should be good for getting you a much better club later.

I hope so, I've not received an offer yet, but maybe that will change. I am happy at the moment with Glentoran

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

End of Season 2014/2015

2015EndofSeason_zpsbbd43996.jpg

Overall the board is happy and the new 'cheap' chairman seems happy aswell. Making the league look easy this season made them really happy. Owens played well this season, mostly coming off the bench, but he proved to be a supersub!

Danske Bank Premiership - Winners

European Champions Cup -Second Qualifying Round (winners Paris Saint Germain)

All-Ireland Cup - Quarter Finals (winners Shamrock Rovers)

Irish Cup - Semi Finals (winners Linfield)

League Cup - Third Round (winners Ballymenna Utd.)

Co. Antrim Shield - Winners

Glentoran_HistoryBestEleven-3_zpse2058ca0.png

Topscorer - Martijn Kok 25 goals

Most Assists - Stephen Carson 24 assists

Highest Average - Richard Clarke 7.26

Fans Player of the Year - Marty Murray

2015YPotY_zps1762cd9d.jpg

Good to see one of my best players get this award. I think he deserved it a year ago, but he got it now.

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

Pre-Season 2015/2016

2016Pre-Season_zpsa7ce7f75.jpg

Crazy pres-season! Started off with, finally, a good draw in the ECC! Shamrock Rovers, that's a team we can par with. We've showed our teeth and beat them in 2 games! The away result was a massive help, that one helped us to get through. It was the first time we've gone through in Europe and the fact we did, made me really happy. Maybe I can accomplish something wonderful at Glentoran. After that we've got Apoel to play against in the 3rd Round Qualifying. I am not going to lie, we had some luck, massive luck. But in the end, the result counts! And we scored more then Apoel. So we're battling for the groups in the ECC, and if we fail that, we automatically get a spot in the Euro Cup Groups. I see the Glentoran accountant smile from 2 miles, he's smiling ear to ear.

2016Transfers_zps299b1ce1.jpg

Sam Ross - Hot prospect for the future and I can see him battling for a starting position.

Ross Black - Back up full back. He had a good season last year, I want to take profit from his form.

Jamie Davidson - Hot prospect and starter. I blew my record buying this lad for 100k, with installments. He was superior last season and at his age I am taking the gamble of signing him.

David Cushley - Back up for Stephen Carson, who's getting to a certain age. This man going to start when Carson is unfit.

August2015TranferRound-up_zpsdf992a5b.jpg

The transfer round up. As you can see we're spending the most, thank you ECC!

---> August 2015

- Season opening!

- 6 fixtures, 3 for the Danske Bank Premiership

- 2 legged European Championship Cup Playoff matches against Basel, first one is away.

- Co. Antrim Shield 1st Round against Donegal Celtic

Another great season, looks like your a real force in NI now.

Cheers mate,

Yes, it took me 2 seasons to get there. I had some help from Linfield to be honest, they can't keep up with wages and personal. So their best players go year by year.

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

August 2015

Augustus2015Expactations_zps73fdbd03.jpg

There is nothing to beat around the bush. We're set favourites with Linfield again. I feel this season could be an exciting one. More exciting then last season hopefully.

Glentoran_FixturesAugust2015_zpsc5a8ce5f.jpg

No suprises this month really. We started the season good with 3 wins for the Danske Bank. The Champions Cup was always a long shot and Basel proved to be a good team, there is no shame in admitting they were the better side. My players getting tired of the international games and therefor started with reserves in the Co. Antrim Shield Cup. Donegal Celtic almost caught us by suprise and after failing 2 penalties in 120 mins I was dead-certain we've lost the game. Luckily we won on penalties, thanks to my goalkeeper, who had nothing to do in the game, but finally did something in the shoot-out. Losing to Basel means we're out of ECC, but we're in the groups for Euro League. ECC awarded us over 2.5m Euro's and entering the group stages for Euro League got us another 1.3m Euro's. That funded our youth facility.

August2015GlentoranTable_zps8590de04.jpg

ECC saw many changes in our fixture-list and therefor we've played only 3 matches. It's good to see we're third already, not so good to see is that Linfield is already on a rampart winning 5 out of 5. Exciting season ahead!

---> September

- 7 fixtures, with 6 away!! 4 Danske Bank Premiership matches including one against Linfield. We need to win this if we don't want Linfield to get too far away from us.

- Co. Antrim Shield Quarter Final against Linfield.

- Europe League against Vitesse.

Always going to be tough against Basel. :(

Yup, they were just too good for us. I don't feel any shame really ;)

Great start to the league campaign :thup:

Only 3 games played, but you're right! They were won :)

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

September 2015

Glentoran_FixturesSeptember2015_zpsff27d6f7.jpg

September2015GoalScoringRecord_zps3e9c0a3e.jpg

What a crazy month September has been. 6 away games...I think it's fair to compliment my boys for only losing 3 times. Playing in Europe has proven to exhaust my team and I relied too much on reserves. The Cliftonville match proved that I couldn't rely on reserves just yet. We did recover somehow in the fixture against Linfield in the Co. Antrim Shield, breaking the record for match with most goals. I am happy to be on the good side of the scoring sheat. Euro's aren't easy and I really am not expecting anything from my players. Vitesse had an easy night as we tried our best, but we're longshots in this competition. This month has been crazy for a couple of reasons. It seems like the linesman and the ref's have an agreement to disadvantage me. A total of 5 goals disallowed for random reasons. In the replay's cleary, the decisions made, were incorrect. It cost us games, specially againts Linfield. We got denied for a clear penalty and 2 goals disallowed. Linfield had 2 shots on goal... Life is tough at the moment in Belfast and hopefully the decisions will swing around.

September2015GlentoranTable_zpsfb580372.jpg

With one game in hand we're 5-points behind Linfield. Linfield is perfect at the moment, not losing one single game. It didn't help when they beat us either. We could close the gap to 2-points, but the game in hand is a most win match in that case. As predicted, the league is getting exciting again with us and Linfield going for the title. We're going to get a hard time, 'cause playing in Europe is bringing it's toll on my players. Hopefully we can get decent results. Actually, only wins matter to us now.

---> October 2015

- 8 fixtures coming up, 3 for the Danske Bank Premiership.

- 2 Euro League matches against Panathinaikos and Fenerbahce.

- Co. Antrim Shield Semi-Finals against Ballymenna Utd.

- League Cup 2nd Round against Bangor

Bad luck against Basel, but the run in the Europa League should really help financially.

It really helps! from 500k to 5m is a major step up! I think we're the richest club in Northern Ireland, maybe Ireland even.

Linfield look tough this year.

Well the margins are small, Linfield beats teams who, in my opinion, have an equal quality of players. I believe they win them purely on reputation.

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

October 2015

Glentoran_FixturesOctober2015_zps2c997a96.jpg

Busy month, much games played. Only 2 losses and those were for the Euro League. We had an excellent month, players connecting well, sometimes using a rotation system. Again a final to play after winning the Semi-Final of the Co. Antrim Shield. Always nice to be playing for silverware. Got further in the League Cup, winning in the 2nd Round and the 3rd Round. Panathinaikos and Fenerbahce are too good and we can never, ever beat a team with such excellent quality players.

October2015GlentoranTable_zpse9b6a1db.jpg

With 1 game in hand we've closed down to 2-point behind Linfield. In theory this means we can go top if we win the game in hand. A good month worked up the pressure on Linfield. The difference is that Linfield isn't playing in any European league and we do, not to mention we're still playing in all the cups. Something has to give at some point and I hope it won't be the league that gives.

October2015MotM_zps1c235982.jpg

Always nice to earn accolades for my achievements.

---> November 2015

- 6 fixtures, 4 will be played for the Danske Bank Premiership

- Co. Antrim Shield Final against Crusaders

- Euro League against Fenerbahce away

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

November 2015

Glentoran_FixturesNovember2015_zps40e3d476.jpg

What a month, we started ok against Dungannon, then the away trip to Istanbull and then get slaughtered...

November2015RecordLoss_zpsf37b049a.jpg

Not one of my proudest moments. We did pick ourselfs up and won the Co. Antrim Shield, my 4th Cup win as manager of The Glens. Thing seems to go smooth, a tad worried about the goals we let in, but we score enough. The match against Distillery our luck struck out. What a woefull game that was. Enough shots on goal, but never a sitter. It was something coming our way, as you can't rely on luck alone.

November2015UnbeatenRun_zps0d945235.jpg

We did have an 8-game unbeaten run in the league, too bad it got shattered by Distillery.

November2015GlentoranTable_zps819c6a72.jpg

With a game in hand and losing to Distillery saw us 5-points behind Linfield. Linfield had a perfect month and now we need to focus, work hard and show our qualities to make the league exciting. I feel we can do it, but the margins are very close. We need to win and frankly, I don't care how.

---> December 2015

-8 fixtures, we should be used to this now, 6 played for the Danske Bank Premiership. Including a fixture against Linfield at home, a most win match.

- 2 Euro League games agains Vitesse and Panathinaikos.

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

December 2015

Glentoran_FixturesDecember2015_zpscbc4dd63.jpg

A perfect month! atleast for the Danske Bank Premiership. We suck at the Euro's and no suprise, we were done playing after the loss against Vitesse. The Panathinaikos away game was a disaster. We didn't play for anything and they played for continuation for the Euro's...

December2015GoalAgainstRecord_zpsa05adb4a.jpg

And another record broken. Not a record I wanted to break or one I am particularly proud of. After the poor loss against Panathinaikos, we had to play Linfield, at that point a must win game for the title. My players understood the importance of the game and blasted Linfield away. This fixture might be the one that seals the rest of the season.

December2015GlentoranTable_zps3367e404.jpg

I was right about the Linfield match. Linfield couldn't recover from the loss and went on to draw and loose more games. making us 8-point away from no.2 Linfield. It's still early in the season and there is much to come still. But after chasing Linfield to see us cruising away from them is pleasing. The pressure is on us now to see this through the rest of the season.

December2015StephenCarsonRetirement_zpsf5fd8c85.jpg

One of my best players. Always a starter and 35 he decided to call it quits at the end of the season. I am not sure if we hang on to him as coach or whatever role is available.

December2015MotM_zpsd7550bff.jpg

Another Manager of the Month reward. A perfect month made it easy to decide who earned this right.

---> Januari 2016

- Another 8 fixtures. 6 games for the Danske Bank Premiership

- Irish Cup 4th Round against Portadown

- League Cup Quarter Final against Ards

Another league title looks to be yours and Europe went pretty much as expected.
Storming stuff at home, even if it's the reverse in Europe.

Cheers, Europe was dreadfull at our part. I wasn't really in it and the same could be said about my players.

Always nice to break a few records :p

Haha! No records I wanted to break really, haha

Great league form at the minute. Not so for Europe but Glentoran aren't historically a European giant by any means so you can be forgiven on that :p

Cheers!

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

Januari 2016

Glentoran_FixturesJanuari2016_zps83df33ac.jpg

A considerable good month, only 1 draw and 1 loss. Portadown parked a bus in their goal and hit hard on the break. My strikers had an off-day aswell, not making things easier. This happenend before the Dungannon game...

Januari2016My200thGame_zps3cac0fc7.jpg

My 200th game already? Times flies when you're winning ;). Irish Cup match proved to be easy in the end, before hand I wasn't too sure, because they showed great resilience in the league game. Too bad we lost against Cliftonville, but it was something that was hanging in the air and struck down on us. It was time to lose a game...

Januari2016UnbeatenRun_zps6aa88f03.jpg

We've been undeafeted for 11 games. That's amazing, since I've been telling since November we needed to win games. Achieving League Cup Semi Finals over Ards was easy this month as we're basically cruising.

Januari2016GlentoranTable_zpsee83583d.jpg

11 games to go and 11 points in front of no.2 Linfield. I really don't know what's happening to Linfield as they seem to loose games way too easy. But I ain't complaining. First we're trailing and now we're blazing! If we can keep this up, we might win it all in the end.

Transfers

No transfers were made. It's not something I do in Januari. Probably because I have my team ready in the Pre-Seasons. I did get my first offer from an agent. His client was over 36 and a poor footballer.

---> Februari 2016

- 6 fixtures, 4 matches for the Danske Bank Premiership, including one against Linfield away. This game might seal the championship.

- 1 League Cup Semi Final against Glenovan, First Division.

- 1 Irish Cup 5th Round against Distillery.

Looking good. :D

Cheers!! It does look good, not to get complacent now.

Going to be looking for a challenge soon?

I agree. I am having a blast at Glentoran, but it hasn't been a huge challenge. Maybe the first 2 seasons, but I am cruising now.

Going very well so far.

Cheers!

Great work domestically once again, bit tough in Europe though! Think you'll move on soon?

Hopefully some teams will recognize my abilities, so far none has approached me.

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

Februari 2016

Glentoran_FixturesFebruari2016_zpsc544918e.jpg

Good month. Crazy 3-times in a row battle against Distillery. We couldn't beat them away in the Irish Cup and therefor we had to replay. We beat them at home, it wasn't easy. Distillery using a tight, counterattacking 4-5-1 tactic, parking their bus in the goal, making it hard for us. We ought to play Linfield this month, but due the replay the game got re-arranged and now we play them in March. Quite happy how this month turned out to be.

Februari2016GlentoranTable_zpsd8206ccc.jpg

A good month sees us now 14-points away from league chasers Linfield. with no more then 8 games to play, the next game against Linfield could prove crucial for early celebrations. If we lose that game, no harm is done. We've a comfortable lead and I don't see Linfield overtaking us anytime soon.

Records

Februari2016Goalscoringrecord_zps438036a9.jpg

Always nice to be breaking records, I am quite happy I provide my players the kind of atmosphere and opportunities that they feel comfortable in.

Februari2016Insightfullplayer_zps661d1165.jpg

Also nice to see, that my players have good insight and know whats expected from them. This one made me really proud.

---> March 2016

- 6 fixtures, 3 matches for the Danske Bank Premiership, including the away match against Linfield.

- Irish Cup Quarter Final against Linfield

- All-Ireland Quarter Final against Sligo Rovers

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

March 2016

Glentoran_FixturesMarch2016_zps43f02502.jpg

Crazy month, I was expecting the many matches would wear out my players and this month was the first time players struggled with their fitness and fatigues. Linfield got their homewin, there was nothing to claim for us, we went on the attack and were the better side, but trailed after a fast break. We couldn't recover and one more break saw us lose 0-2. The revenge in the Irish Cup was sweet and it was a very exciting game. Owens proved to be a supersub or a fine rotational player. He did his job with verve. Beating Sligo means we've got another Semi-Final to play for against Shamrock. Shamrock is the team in form and not struggling with fitness, as the Irish League is setup differently then most European leagues.

March2016GlentoranTable_zps64e5d92b.jpg

No real worries or big worries, 7-points in front of Linfield, who need to win the remaining games and we've got a game in hand. The pressure is on Linfield and we just need to get winning games for the league to raise that cup again.

---> April 2016

- 8 fixtures, 5 fixtures for the Danske Bank Premiership. We're playing only the top 6, because the split has taken place.

- League Cup Final against Portadown

- All-Ireland Semi-Final against Shamrock Rovers. Hopefully we can recover from the loss, we need to score atleast 2 goals.

- Irish Cup Semi-Final against Moyola Park. A First Division club.

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

April 2016

Glentoran_FixturesApril2016_zps0978f723.jpg

After winning the Co. Antrim Shield we've also won the League Cup in what must have been a thriller of a match, it sealed us the double. It was kinda one-sided though. they had 3 shots on goal :(... Beating Moyola Park in the Semi-Final means another final!! Even Shamrock Rovers had to go down on their knees and admit we're on fire. In a 2-legged game, we're behind 0-2, winning at home 4-0 created a buzz around the Glens ground. The Distillery win was the match that clinched us our 3rd consecutive championship in the Danske Bank Premiership! therefor we're claiming the treble this season. Something I haven't claimed yet and in the running for 2 more cups I wonder if there's more to win. The Cliftonville away game was horrible, only playing with reserves and rotational players. We got slammed in the last 15 mins after 2 subs that went wrong. The last game against Linfield was statisfying, beating rivals is alway's nice.

April2016GlentoranTable_zps2ade164d.jpg

Here you go, We're champions...again. 12-points divide us with no.2 Linfield. Although this season was much harder then last season, due getting in the group stages in Europe, we're still cruising. This season showed that The Glens are back as a major force, a force I always thought them to be.

April2016Goalsscoredin1match_zps9ace8207.jpg

Marty had a blast against Ballymenna Utd.

April2016MatchAttendanceRecord_zps4964b31c.jpg

And another record broken. Always good to see more people finding their way to The Oval.

---> May 2016

- Northern Irish Cup Final against Ballymenna Utd.

- All-Ireland Cup Final against Cliftonville.

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

May 2016

Glentoran_FixturesMay2016_zps915e6c71.jpg

Holy crap, I just won every cup and The League in one season! WOW, I am quite lossed for words. Does this mean we're so good, or is it the other way round? is opposition so bad. I think we've had an amazing season including getting so far in Europe and getting to win all is amazing.

---> End of Season

GlentoranFC.png

Glentoran F.C.

End of Season 2015/2016

May2016EndoftheSeasonreview_zpscf639768.jpg

Well, nothing but praise from the board. I can't say we had a bad season, nope, we had a great season! winning everything there is. Except for Europe, but winning everything does make one ponder. What is there to gain in the future? All I can do is get another perfect season, but I can't surpass this season.

Danske Bank Premiership - Winners

European Champions Cup - Second Qualifying Playoff (Winners Manchester United)

Euro Cup- 4th in Group Stages (Winners Stoke)

All-Ireland Cup - Winners

Irish Cup - Winners

League Cup - Winners

Co. Antrim Shield - Winners

Glentoran_HistoryBestEleven-5_zpseb9f5e52.png

My best eleven this season.

Top Goalscorer - Martijn Kok 36 goals.

Most Assists - Jim O'Hanlon 23 assists.

Highest Average - Martijn Kok 7.30

Fans Player of the Season

2016FPotY_zps0fe1c621.jpg

Martijn Kok

After reflecting upon my greatest season for Glentoran and knowing The Glens are back where they belong! Showing the nation they're a force to be reckoned with.

Juni2016IResign_zps9504f832.jpg

I did a Mourinho. No shock really, I need a new challenge and I am convinced I squeezed everything out of my players. It's time I moved on and the players need a fresh face.

Juni2016AfterResigning_zps6cf0a739.jpg

Some felt they had to join me in stepping down. It does someone good to see such loyalty.

Archived