The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 30th Sept: Aston Villa (2nd) v (4th) Everton - league match

Swinson starts right mid again.

Villa have the best of the first 30 minutes with a few shots, but nothing to dangerous for Everton.

In the 2nd minute of injury time at the end of the half, Beattie flicks the ball on from a goal kick and Johnson finishes with Everton's first shot of the half.

HT: Aston Villa 0 v 1 Everton

Half Time Stats

Carew equalises for Villa 8 minutes into the 2nd half from a quick worked freekick.

Swinson makes way before the game gets under way again.

Villa are dangerous from a couple more freekicks but Howard is strong in goal.

With 6 minutes to go, Everton fail to clear a cross well and Davis latches on the loose ball and powers it home.

Everton's cause is not helped when Andy Johnson is forced off through injury, yet Everton has used all their subs.

O'Neil has a free kick in injury time but the shot hits the wall.

FT: Aston Villa 2 v 1 Everton

Full Time Everton Stats

Swinson had a solid game, shame that he didn't stay on for longer.

Next month, Player Cam will focus on.... Freealdinho.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week ending Sunday 30th September 2007

Zenith St Petersburg have sacked their manager Dick Advocaat.

The news on a personal level is also gloomy for Dumats. He has sustained a torn calf muscle and will be out for 3-4 months.

CSKA Moscow manager has praised Taraldo for his recent great form.

Rossini is out for 1-2 weeks with a damaged foot.

Lui is out for 1-4 weeks with a calf strain.

Freealdinho is praised by his manager for his recent form.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 6th Oct: Tranmere (6th) v (9th) Swansea - league match

Freealdinho starts the game upfront for Swansea. (Birkinaldo also starts for Tranmere).

Tranmere take the lead after 10 minutes, a long ball from the back, Matt Jansen jinks pasted a Swansea defender and finishes.

17 minutes gone and Freealdinho hits a hopeful shot from 30 yards that goes over the bar.

Rest of the half passes off quietly.

HT: Tranmere 1 v 0 Swansea

Half Time Stats

2 minutes into the 2nd half and Freealdinho sets up his striking partner, but the Tranmere keeper saves well.

Freeladinho wins the flick on header from a goal kick, the ball goes to the Swansea right mid who goes towards the touchline, crosses it in and Morgan finishes it off. 1-1, 64 minutes gone.

Freealdinho picks up a knock with 9 minutes to go and is subbed. His replacement then goes and gets Swansea their second ball as he doesn't give up on a long ball and slides it passed the onrushing keeper.

Swansea's keeper makes one last good save from a Tranmere forwards header.

FT: Tranmere 1 v 2 Swansea

Full Time Swansea Stats

Not the greatest first Player Cam game for Freealdinho, but there are plenty more games in October for him to shine in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The news on a personal level is also gloomy for Dumats. He has sustained a torn calf muscle and will be out for 3-4 months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I think that's the second 1+ month injury for me. This always happens in my games too; all my good players always get injured way too much.

Week ending Sunday 14th October 2007

Stelios accepted the loan offer from Walsall, but he was denied the chance to move due to Walsall already having 4 players on loan there.

Some news for Koppers, Sunderland sack Roy Keane after a poor start to the season (currently 21/24 in the Championship).

Leyton Orient have made a 3 month loan offer for Elfdog, who has not played for the 1st team since August.

UEFA Cup Groups

(Only groups relevant to players who are in their club's 1st team)

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Group A Group B Group C Group D Group F

Braga (Hermandinho) Everton (Swinson) Zaragoza (Gonzalez) Athletico (Atas) Middlesbrough (Azeryk)

Ajax Club Brugge NK Dinamo Newcastle Celtic

FC Kobenhavn Dynamo Kiev Leverkusen Udinese Chievo

Lille Toulouse NAC Breda Zurich Espanyol

Levski Sofia Werder Bremen AC Milan Panathinaikos Frankfurt

Group H

Anderlecht (Chaoconov)

Dinamo Moscow

Lyon

Fiorentina

Hertha BSC

</pre>

Quite conveniently, everyone has been placed into different groups.

Taraldo for CSKA Moscow is the only 1st team regular in the Champs League Group Stage. They are in a group with Shaktar, Barcelona and Roma. They have so far lost 3 out of 3.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 13th Oct: Swansea (6th) v (15th) Cheltenham - league match

Freealdinho starts up front for Swansea.

Swansea take the lead in the 1st minute, when a cross from the right hits the near post, rebounding straight into the path of a Swansea player who doesn't miss. 1-0.

Swansea go down to 10 men after just 16 minutes, due to a professional foul.

Swansea take a 2-0 lead after 30 minutes, a blocked freekick falls to their right mid who slides the ball in.

Freealdinho is showing off his heading ability, winning header after header against the defenders. 30 minutes in and he has won 15/16 headers - Swansea obviously favouring the long ball game in this game.

Swansea's left mid misses a chance at the back post just before the end of the half.

HT: Swansea 2 v 0 Cheltenham

Half Time Stats

Freeladinho heads a cross into the side netting early in the 2nd half.

Cheltenham go down to 10 men as well, Bakayoko sent off for a 2nd yellow.

Freealdinho is replaced after 74 minutes.

FT: Swansea 2 v 0 Cheltenham

Full Time Swansea Stats

A better game for Freealdinho than the last one. Stats suggest that they are using him as a target man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

Woohoo, UEFA Cup campaign! Should be doable for Braga.

Last year, Hermandinho hardly had any play time at Braga. How's this year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hermandinho has played 6 games so far this season at a rating of 6.83. This however could be down to a horrendous centre back injury crisis at Braga at the moment.

This has unfortunately just afflicted Hermandinho as well - out for 2-4 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Player Cam Match Report

Tues 16th Oct: Hereford (L2) v (L1) Swansea - Johnstone Paint Trophy 1st Round South

Freealdinho starts for Swansea.

Swansea are in control in the 1st 15 minutes, but Freealdinho is the only one to trouble the Hereford keeper, forcing a great diving save after a cross from the right.

20 minutes gone and Swansea take the lead. Freealdinho wins yet another header and flicks it on for their left mid who closes in on goal and cheekily chips the keeper within the 18 yard area.

Swansea keep applying the pressure but most of their chances go over the bar.

HT: Hereford 0 v 1 Swansea

Half Time Stats

Fine double save by the Swansea keeper early in the 2nd half stops Hereford from snatching an equaliser.

Freealdinho picks up a knock after 70 minutes and 10 minutes later he is subbed.

With 8 minutes to go, Swansea make sure of the victory - their centre mid firing in a low shot into the corner of the net from 25 yards. Keeper had no chance.

Hereford snatch a late consolation goal in injury time with a 20 yarder surprising the Swansea keeper.

FT: Hereford 1 v 2 Swansea

Full Time Swansea Stats

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

Woohoo, UEFA Cup campaign! Should be doable for Braga.

Last year, Hermandinho hardly had any play time at Braga. How's this year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hermandinho has played 6 games so far this season at a rating of 6.83. This however could be down to a horrendous centre back injury crisis at Braga at the moment.

This has unfortunately just afflicted Hermandinho as well - out for 2-4 weeks with a sprained ankle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... I know I shouldn't have asked icon_frown.gif

icon_wink.gif

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 20th Oct: Blackpool (12th) v (3rd) Swansea - league match

Freealdinho starts up front again for Swansea.

Swansea are on the back foot for the first couple of minutes, their keeper having to make a couple of smart saves.

MISS OF THE SEASON ALERT: Freealdinho, hang your head in shame young man! A ball over the top from one of Swansea's centre mids is latched onto by Morgan, his striking partner. He manages to tap the ball beyond the onrushing keeper but can't get to the ball to follow it up. Freealdinho does get to the ball first and 10 yards out, open goal and pretty much central, hits the left hand post!!! Appalling. Blackpool clear the rebound off the post.

Chances at either end occur, then with 25 minutes gone Freealdinho sort of makes up for his previous error, flicking a ball on for Morgan to chase after and slot home. 0-1.

Morgan has a another chance with 5 minutes of the half remaining, but the keeper saves well.

HT: Blackpool 0 v 1 Swansea

Half Time Stats

Morgan fires over 3 minutes into the 2nd half after another flick on by Freealdinho.

Novel approach, as 3 minutes later Freealdinho latches on to his own flick-on, but his shot is straight at the keeper.

Blackpool equalise after 61 minutes, after a header from a freekick into the box.

Swansea retake the lead after 67 minutes and the approach play is becoming predictable:

Step 1: Hit a long ball up to Freealdinho.

Step 2: He wins the header and his striking partner latches onto the flick on.

Step 3: His fellow forward finishes.

Morgan completes his hattrick after 70 minutes, finishing powerfully from a tight angle, best goal of the lot from him.

Straight from kick off, the Blackpool forward dribbles the ball forwards and curls in a 25 yarder - instant reply! 2-3.

The come back is complete 2 minutes later when Blackpool's right mid is at the back post to finish a cross from deep. 3-3, 73 minutes gone.

Blackpool hit the crossbar after 78 minutes.

Freealdinho is subbed after 80 minutes.

The rest of the game is relatively mundane.

FT: Blackpool 3 v 3 Swansea

Full Time Swansea Stats

Freealdinho gets an 8 rating and 2 assists - god knows what he would have got if he hadn't missed what I rank as one of the worst misses I've ever seen on FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho gets an 8 rating and 2 assists - god knows what he would have got if he hadn't missed what I rank as one of the worst misses I've ever seen on FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_redface.gif, It took a bobble!!

Week ending Sunday 21st October 2007

Sunderland appointed Phil Parkinson as their new manager.

Elfdog has joined Leyton Orient on loan for 3 months.

A stated earlier, Hermandinho is out for 2-4 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Fabiov Maldinov is out for 4 days to 2 weeks.

The World Rankings for October have been announced:

Kyrgyzstan have moved up 2 places to 127th.

Turkmenistan have risen one place to 143rd.

Good to have you back. Hope the cricket went well.

Where I come from cricket is a fascinating but confusing game.

We don't understand it, but it is probably fun.

Bad news that Keane was sacked, hope that the black cats gets a manager that is really into Turkmeni players.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 26th Oct: Swansea (4th) v (9th) Barnsley - league match

Freealdinho starts the match.

HT: Swansea 0 v 0 Barnsley

Half Time Stats

With 9 minutes to go, a Swansea centre back hoists a long ball forward, Freealdinho latches onto it first and runs towards the goal, shooting low and hard. The keeper gets a touch but is powerless to see it going into the net.

However, the lead doesn't last with Barnsley equalising with 5 minutes to go as their right mid slots home a rebound into an open goal after the Swansea keeper had committed himself saving the first shot.

FT: Swansea 1 v 1 Barnsley

Full Time Stats

Apologies to Freealdinho for the greatly reduced match report, but as I wasn't watching it live this time, I was doing the highlights from memory. However, it was a good last player cam game for the lad, getting an 8 rating and the MOM award. icon14.gif

Week ending 28th October 2007

Koppers is out for upto a week with a bruised head.

Millwall have made a 3 month loan offer to Middlesbrough for Stelios.

Man Utd are now shown as having interest in Jacariah Birkinaldo.

Player cam for November will follow... Tomaldinho, who is on loan at Serie B side Frosinone.

Sam Taphouse - unfortunately he has not played for the Man City 1st team yet this season, but has played 12 times (6 starts, 6 subs) for the reserves at an Av Rat of 6.42. Ideally could do with a loan spell at a lower league club.

I will show the games played stats of everyone in the middle of November. League tables for China and Russia will appear when the leagues have finished.

Just a reminder that both Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan 1st teams have a friendly this month:

Sat 10th Nov: Bahrain v Kyrgyzstan.

Sat 10th Nov: Turkmenistan v Maldives.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Player Cam Match Report

Sat 26th Oct: Swansea (4th) v (9th) Barnsley - league match </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great.....the only match I score in and you don't bloody watch. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Player Cam Match Report

Great.....the only match I score in and you don't bloody watch. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, apologies - I did watch the game and had done a full match report, just that when I clicked 'post' it went to that blooming FM Live webpage and didn't actually get posted! icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

Great.....the only match I score in and you don't bloody watch. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, apologies - I did watch the game and had done a full match report, just that when I clicked 'post' it went to that blooming FM Live webpage and didn't actually get posted! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's doing my head in, all afternoon I was trying to log in but it sent me to the FM live page and I entered my e-mail address and password click enter and NOTHING.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

quote:

Originally posted by freelinet:

quote:

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 26th Oct: Swansea (4th) v (9th) Barnsley - league match

Great.....the only match I score in and you don't bloody watch.

Haha, apologies - I did watch the game and had done a full match report, just that when I clicked 'post' it went to that blooming FM Live webpage and didn't actually get posted!

That's doing my head in, all afternoon I was trying to log in but it sent me to the FM live page and I entered my e-mail address and password click enter and NOTHING </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sam here icon_frown.gif

de santiago is doing nothing icon_frown.gif

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 3rd Nov: Avellino (14th) v (19th) Frosinone - league match

Tomaldinho starts in centre mid of a 4-1-3-2 formation.

Not much happened in the 1st half hour - Tomaldinho reflects the pattern of play with a long range shot that goes high and wide.

Frosinone hit the crossbar with a minute to go to halftime.

HT: Avellino 0 v 0 Frosinone

Half Time Stats

A quiet start to the 2nd half gets a bolt of life with a farcical own goal. The Avellino right back passes the ball back to the keeper from near the corner flag, but the keeper completely swipes at the ball and misses, resulting in the ball nestling in the far corner of the net. 0-1.

Danny Tiatto gets sent off for Frosinone with 8 minutes to go for a late, dangerous tackle.

FT: Avellino 0 v 1 Frosinone

Full Time Frosinone Stats

The game ends with the odd situation of no shots 'on target' being recorded.

Tomaldinho has a solid game in centre mid.

Week ending Sunday 4th November 2007

Man Utd's interest in Birkinaldo doesn't seem to be fading as Sir Alexx Ferguson is quoted as saying he has good potential. Birkinaldo is happy with the praise received. Everton and Stoke have now also become interested in the player.

PSV are interested in Selim Atas.

Alan has sprained his ankle and will be out for a month, ruling himself out of the Kyrgyzstan friendly.

Freealdinho has a bruised jaw and is out for 3 days to 1 week, making him a doubt for next Saturday's game.

International Call Ups

Turkmenistan call up 12 players - the unlucky ones are Dumats + Hermandinho (both injured) and Taraldo + Atas (possibly withdrawn, if not then just excluded!!).

Kyrgyzstan call up 12 players - Elfdog, Alan + Hermandinho all injured or recovering from knocks; and Birkinaldo who has also been left out for an unexplained reason!

De Santiago - Hasn't played much for the 1st team this season yet and is part of the Villareal youth team.

Turkmenistan v Maldives

Sat 10th November 2007: Friendly

David Pleat selects 9 superkids in his starting line up - De Santiago, Ali Obeid, Stelios + Chaoconov on the bench. Selim Atas was a late call up yet starts. Captain is Swinson, the key man is Koppers.

Pre Match

Personal Opinion: Turkmenistan should win this comfortably.

Within a minute, Atas crosses to Gonzalez but his header goes over the bar.

Libertinho has a long shot, tipped over by the Maldives keeper.

Tomaldinho has his powerful freekick tipped around the post after 15 minutes.

Gonzalez scores after 20 minutes after the ball is put back into the area after a cleared corner. 1-0.

Atas and then Libertinho shoot wide as the half comes to a close.

HT: Turkmenistan 1 v 0 Maldives

Half Time Stats

Rossini goes off at half time to be replaced by Chaoconov.

Not much happened at the start of the 2nd half. Gonzalez is replaced by Stelios after 62 minutes.

Stelios almost has an immediate impact when he comes on, putting the ball in net at the back post from a corner, but the goal is ruled out for a foul.

Mendieta makes a slip and lets in a Maldives forward, but he shoots well wide.

Swinson runs down the right wing, gets ahead of his man and crosses, leaving Atas with a golden chance 5 yards out and he makes no mistakes. 2-0. Swinson + Libertinho are then subbed off.

With 2 minutes to go, Chaoconov jinks down the left flank, puts in a cross and Atas is there to finish it off again. 3-0.

FT: Turkmenistan 3 v 0 Maldives

Match Overview

Player Stats

A solid, comfortable win for Maldives, although there was always a worry till Turkmenistan got their second goal.

MOM goes to Atas for his 2 goals, well done to him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alan has sprained his ankle and will be out for a month, ruling himself out of the Kyrgyzstan friendly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk about bad timing icon_frown.gif.

Bahrain v Kyrgyzstan

Sat 10th November 2007: Friendly

Mark Lawrenson starts 10 of his superkids, with Halali + Al-Dahash on the bench. The captain is the one non-superkid starting and the key man is deemed Sam Taphouse.

Pre Match

Personal Opinion: The TV analyst predicts an easy Bahrain win, but we know better than him! Kyrgyzstan to scrap victory as Bahrain are not a bad team.

Taphouse feeds Bill, who fires over the bar after 12 minutes.

A ball over the top deceives the one non-superkid and the Bahrain striker runs in on goal, but shoots narrowly on the wrong side of the left post.

16 minutes gone and another long ball puts through a Bahrain striker on the left side, who slots the ball passed the onrushing Lui. 1-0 Bahrain.

Instant equaliser - Azeryk puts through Bill, but a defender gets in with a strong tackle. However, the ball falls to Bartinho who powers it passed the Bahrainian goalie.

Taphouse sends a freekick into the box which Robson heads just over.

HT: Bahrain 1 v 1 Kyrgyzstan

Half Time Stats

Bill is replaced by Halali at half time as Kyrgyzstan change formation to their now familar 4-2-1-2-1.

Azeryk plays a one-two with Bartinho, but his shot goes well over the bar.

On the hour mark, Al-Dahash comes on for Bartinho.

After 68 minutes Taphouse is forced off through injury.

After 76 minutes Azeryk + Benj are subbed off. At this stage of the game, Kyrgyzstan has had 17 shots, but only 1 on target.

With 5 minutes to go, Kyrgyzstan are forced down to 10 men as after using all their subs, Al-Dahash picks up a knock.

Bahrain 1 v 1 Kyrgyzstan

Player Stats

Match Overview

Bartinho wins the MOM award, depsite being subbed after an hour. A frustrating game for Kyrgyzstan, who just couldn't get their shots on target.

Week ending Sunday 11th November 2007

In the aftermath of the friendly matches, a few people picked up injuries:

Sam Taphouse is out for a month with a sprained ankle.

Salman Al-Dahash is also out for amonth with a sprained ankle!

After all the recent press speculation, Jacariah Birkinaldo is now 'considering his options'.

The Chinese League has finished, Lui performing well (Av Rat 7.00 from 26 apps) couldn't prevent Qingdao from finishing bottom of the league and being relegated.

China - Premier League

The Russian League has 1 game left to play, with the top of the table currently looking like so:

1. Lokomotiv Moscow +15 51

2. CSKA Moscow +18 51

3. Rostov +9 50

4. Saturn +7 48

</pre>

With teams separated in Russia by head to head results, Samaras Taraldo of CSKA will have to hope that Lokomotiv drop points at home to Spartak Moscow (5th), whilst CSKA win away to Tom (11th).

Player Cam Match Report

Weds 14th Nov: Albinoleffe (18th) v (16th) Frosinone - league match

Tomaldinho starts again in centre mid of a 4-1-3-2 formation.

Chances for both teams in the 1st 5 minutes, with shots going voer the bar or straight at the keeper.

Frosinone come closest to scoring after 25 minutes, with a break from the halfway line but the striker shoots narrowly over.

26th minute and Albinoleffe actually take the lead with a good shot into the far corner from 15 yards out.

Albinoleffe take a 2-0 lead after 40 minutes, their forward heading a freekick into the box into the net.

HT: Albinoleffe 2 v 0 Frosinone

Half Time Stats

Start of the 2nd half and Albinoleffe continue to exert pressure on the Frosinone defence despite not needing to. After 60 minutes and countless corners, Albinoleffe score again with a powerful header back across goal from a corner.

Tomaldinho is subbed for a more attacking player after 61 minutes.

Frosinone try a couple of 'hit and hope' shots from long range in the dying few minutes, but none of them are troubling the keeper.

FT: Albinoleffe 3 v 0 Frosinone

A poor display from Frosinone, no-one managed to sparkle for them today.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 17th Nov: Frosinone (18th) v (8th) Vicenza - league match

Tomaldinho starts the game in centre mid, using the 4-1-3-2 formation as before.

Tomaldinho attempts a 20 yard looping lob in the 4th minute, but it goes harmlessly over the bar.

Vicenza take the lead after 12 minutes with a nice through ball on the edge of the area to their left mid.

No clear cut chances in the rest of the half.

HT: Frosinone 0 v 1 Vicenza

Half Time Stats

Just as I was thinking what the hell am I going to write about the boredom that was the 2nd half, Vicenza pop up with a 2nd goal with 5 minutes to go. Not ideal news for Tomaldinho admittedly, but news nonetheless.

FT: Frosinone 0 v 2 Vicenza

Tomaldinho gets a 6, which is probably fair - didn't really do anything wrong, but didn't really do anything magical either.

Next up, games played screenshots and the result of the Russian league final day fixtures...

Week ending Sunday 18th November 2007

I am the bearer of disappointing and bad news, I will start with the bad news:

Jacariah Birkinaldo season has ended in the middle of November. He has been ruled out of the game for at least 8 months with cruciate ligament damage. This will be a big blow to both Tranmere and Kyrgyzstan who have many 1st team and U23 matches over that period. We all wish a speedy and strong recovery. icon14.gif

Samaras Taraldo and CSKA have failed in their bid to become Russian league champions. Despite winning

3-1 away to Tom, an 80th minute penalty for Lokomotiv Moscow was enough to see them win 1-0 at home to Spartak Moscow, thereby taking the title after having a better head-to-head record against CSKA.

Dumats new team Zenith Petersburg finished in 6th place in the league.

Russia - Premier League 2007

Games Played Stats

Turkmenistan Players

Kyrgyzstan Players

World Rankings update for November 2007:

Kyrgyzstan 118th Up 9 places

Turkmenistan 130th Up 13 places

</pre>

Just a reminder that on the 1st and 5th Dec, Kyrgyzstan have their World Cup 2010 1st round qualifier against Nepal.

Week ending Sunday 18th November 2007

I am the bearer of disappointing and bad news, I will start with the bad news:

Jacariah Birkinaldo season has ended in the middle of November. He has been ruled out of the game for at least 8 months with cruciate ligament damage. This will be a big blow to both Tranmere and Kyrgyzstan who have many 1st team and U23 matches over that period. We all wish a speedy and strong recovery. icon14.gif

Samaras Taraldo and CSKA have failed in their bid to become Russian league champions. Despite winning

3-1 away to Tom, an 80th minute penalty for Lokomotiv Moscow was enough to see them win 1-0 at home to Spartak Moscow, thereby taking the title after having a better head-to-head record against CSKA.

Dumats new team Zenith Petersburg finished in 6th place in the league.

Russia - Premier League 2007

Games Played Stats

Turkmenistan Players

Kyrgyzstan Players

World Rankings update for November 2007:

Kyrgyzstan 118th Up 9 places

Turkmenistan 130th Up 13 places

</pre>

Just a reminder that on the 1st and 5th Dec, Kyrgyzstan have their World Cup 2010 1st round qualifier against Nepal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Hopefully Alan will be back for the World Cup qualifier icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately I think the World Cup Qualifiers are going to be 1 week too soon for Alan. Means that Kyrgyzstan are going to be without 4 of their superkids for the tie.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 24th Nov: Reggina (4th) v Frosinone (19th) - league match

Tomaldinho starts in centre mid again for his last match of player cam.

Frosinone hit the side netting after 7 minutes.

Reggina have the better of the rest of the half, forcing Frosinone's keeper to make a couple of smart saves, tipping the ball over the top.

HT: Reggina 0 v 0 Frosinone

Half Time Stats

A quiet 2nd half which appeared to be resulting in a battling draw for Frosinone is changed completely when Reggina bundle in a goal mouth scramble with just 13 minutes to go.

With 10 minutes to go, Frosinone change to a 4-3-3 formation a la Chelsea (2 wide wingers), with Tomaldinho takes up the role as the attacking right winger / forward.

With 2 minutes to go, Frosinone change to a 4-2-4 formation with Tomaldinho playing as a centre forward. It is Tomaldinho himself who has the best chance in injury time of equalising, when he picks up a through ball, cuts inside passed a man and shoots hard, but the keeper palms it over the bar.

FT: Reggina 1 v 0 Frosinone

If Frosinone had shown some ambition of scoring earlier in the game and not just when they went behind, then they may have got something from this game. A positive game for Tomaldinho though, who is definitely one of their better players.

Week ending Sunday 25th November 2007

Taraldo is out for upto a week with a damaged heel.

Ali Obeid is out for 3 weeks - 1 month with a twisted ankle.

Player Cam for Decemeber 2007 will stay in Serie B and will focus on... Ryan at Livorno.

Kyrgyzstan Call Ups

The 12 fit superkids have been called up by Mark Lawrenson.

I thought as this week was fairly quiet, I would give a much needed overview as to where the 32 superkids are playing in each week:

England 11

Spain 7

Italy 5

Portugal 2

Russia 2

Belgium 1

China 1

New Zealand 1

Sweden 1

Turkey 1

</pre>

Kyrgyzstan v Nepal

Sat 1st Dec: World Cup 2010 Asian Qualifying 1st Round 1st Leg

Pre Match

8 of the superkids start for Kyrgyzstan, with Elfdog, Halali + Freealdinho on the bench. George Robson was a late removal from the squad after breaking a toe in midweek (will be out for 2 months). The captain is one of the non-superkids.

My opinion Kyrgyzstan always look formidable at home and I reckon this tie will be over after this game, maybe even by halftime if Kyrgyzstan fly out of the blocks.

What did I say about flying out of the blocks?! 41 seconds gone and Bill puts Kyrgyzstan ahead. A shocking clearance by the Nepal keeper goes straight to Azeryk, who runs forward and unselfishly passes across goal for Bill to tap-in.

15 minutes gone and Benj plays a delightful through ball to Azeryk, who powers the ball into the back of the net. 2-0.

2 minutes later and Azeryk latches onto another ball over the top, but from what seemed like an impossible angle to beat the keeper, just whacks it passed him. 3-0 and possibly tie over - shouldn't have been so conservative with my prediction. icon_wink.gif

Simply superb counter attack. Corner to Nepal is headed clear by Prof Frink to Davo who sprints 70 yards with the ball down the right flank, puts in a cracking cross and Azeryk, who had been defending the corner but has sprinted the whole length of the pitch, is there to slide the ball in. 4-0 and a great team goal for his hattrick! A 7 minute hattrick for Azeryk.

2 minutes later and Bill latches onto a ball over the top and sidefoots the ball into the net. This could become a cricket score, 5-0.

A lovely 3 player move by Benj, Azeryk + Bill, results in Bill collecting the final ball before slotting the ball into the left corner. A hattrick for Bill in 28 mintues, 6-0.

Nepal are in a mess, one of their centre mids headbutts one of Kyrgyzstan's non-superkids and is sent off after 36 minutes.

A deep freekick from Davo is sent into the box. The Nepal keeper comes out and misses the ball and Azeryk is there to head the ball into the empty net. 7-0.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 7 v 0 Nepal

Half Time

When I thought Kyrgyzstan might have this tie over by half time I was thinking more of a 2 or 3 goal lead - this is quite unbelievable. They have had 7 shots on target and scored 7 goals!

Bill picks up a yellow card after 48 minutes.

Quite magical. Long throw into the box, Azeryk controls the ball and with one turn beats 2 men and fires in his 5th goal of the game! Bill, who receives a standing ovation, is then replaced by Halali.

2 minutes later and Azeryk passes the ball infield to Benj, who 35 yards out looks as if he is going to pass the ball out to the right wing, but instead pings it into the top left hand corner of the net - goal of the game so far, which says a lot after Azeryk's last goal. 9-0 after 54 minutes.

After a lovely passing move, Azeryk puts the ball into the net, but he was offside when doing so.

After 75 minutes Azeryk gets his double hattrick, curling a shot into the goal from the edge of the area - keeper probably could have done better there though. Bartinho is then replaced.

The ref decides to signal 6 minutes of injury time and you have to feel sorry for Nepal, that just prolongs the misery.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 10 v 0 Nepal

Match Overview

Player Stats

Quite simply outstanding performance by Kyrgyzstan, outplayed Nepal all over the pitch. If Kyrgyzstan hadn't eased off in the last half hour it could have been a lot worse. 7 of Nepal's players ended with a rating of 1! 5 of Kyrgyzstan's players end with a rating of 10.

MOM has to go to Azeryk for his double hattrick and 3 assists, but so many good performances from everyone.

Archived