Agent Fees

Just been reading an article on BBC website I've posted it below which reveals all the Premier league clubs fees paid to agents and looking at this list it makes me think that fees on this game need toning down. If you look Man City spent just under ten million in one year on 5 players yet on this game some agents command almost that same amount for just one player!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20562889

Agents still need a lot of tweaking, although to be fair they have been impoved since they were introduced. They were literally a plague in FM11 and a player with an agent only meant trouble.

I'd say within 1-2 versions they should be ok and functioning excellently, they still need a bit of toning down on the outrageous fees and also they need to be a little more flexible on negotiating. Yes, they are supposed to go for the best deal because that's their job, but right now they are going for way above that standard.

I agree with Apos. There only needs to be some tweaking to the demands to make this feature more realistic. I think one agent getting millions upfront for one deal is a bit ridiculous and unrealistic. I have no idea on the amounts an agent has received from some of the big deals IRL, but I'm sure 500k-1mil would be the range for the big transfers. Theres a reason they represent multiple players, also 500k isn't bad for what they do.

I remember in FM12 or 11, Neymars agent wanted £5mil......

Anyone privy to these details? Do they get it all upfront? Any real life figures for the 'big' transfers?

• 1 month later...

The range between high and low fee agents needs to be tightened. No agent fee should ever be more than 20% of the player's wage, and the more realistic maximum is closer to 10%. The game often has agents asking for 50% or greater, which is not only scandalous but in stark contrast from the real world.

I think the problem is that agents are broken in real life. Agents should not be paid by the team. That is a conflict of interest. Agents should be paid by the player. The team and the player negotiate a deal and the agent gets whatever share of that his contract with the player calls for. Who can I contact about getting real life patched?

Archived