AI still unable to develop young players

Erimus, thank you so much for taking the time to explain all that, I appreciate.

Now, if I will have enough time and patience this weekend, I will start working on this for FM12.

One last question though: Once you create those reserve teams, do all the AI clubs somehow know that they are supposed to put their non-first-team players into these reserve teams?

Also, once you create leagues for these reserve teams, are the divisions and their reputations set for life, or is it dynamic once the game starts?

Again, thank you. Sorry for bothering you this much :)

Its no problem :)

From what I can tell the AI treat the created reserve teams just like they do the normal reserve teams. They play their non-first players and some younger players in them. The added bonus though with custom made reserve teams playing in the custom made secondary league is you can set rules for that league that you can't do in the normal reserve league.

For example in the reserve leagues I created, under fixture rules, you have a wealth of options available. So if you want the AI (and you) to be only able to field U19's in those leagues, you can set it to do that. You can also set it to allow Trial players to be played in those leagues, so you have the abilty to make full use of the trial system, bring players in and watch them perform in proper competitive matches.

The rules I have on my reserve/academy leagues is:

• a maximum of 4 loan players allowed to play
  • a maximum of 4 trialists allowed to play
  • a maximum of 4 over 23's allowed to play (to give you the flexibility to field 1st team players coming back from injury some vital match practice)
  • a minimum of 6 players in the starting 11 must be 19 or under (since these leagues are mainly there to help develop the younger generation)

I don't know if these secondary leagues have dynamic reputations. I'll have to get hold of a long term save sometime and check to see if reputations have remained fixed or not.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setting Ambition or Professionalism to the highest setting makes no difference - determination is no higher than 10 except for a couple of players for any created player with a random value :(

No reply to my thread in the bugs forum so it looks like it's pointless creating anyone if you like to sign players with high determination (15+)

I suppose 10 is not too bad - I'll maybe have to combine it with 10+ in workrate and teamwork or something

There is a bug with B-team player appearances at the moment that causes double the amount of appearances to appear on a players history page. Its currently under review by SI so will hopefully be fixed in future patches.

Based on testing, do the bugged appearances seem to be a display issue only, or are they also messing with development?

Based on testing, do the bugged appearances seem to be a display issue only, or are they also messing with development?

I don't know as I wasn't able to get hold of a long term game that used B-teams and compare it against one that used reserve teams.

B-teams would have been ideal to use since FM records their appearances separately so you can see exactly how many games a player has played in the academy/reserves. The way its set up at the moment all league appearances (1st team and reserve/academy team) are added together. Its not ideal but until B-teams are fixed its the only way to go.

I'm assuming the patch screws with this database the same as the 1.07 version

New version of this database is out between 25th and the 1st of Jan - not long to wait :)

It could be that, but the other leagues work fine...Just England has no Academy leagues

I realize that this is a tremendously complicated game, and there is a lot going on under the bonnet that we can't easily see, but with all the bugs in this release on top of the unresolved long-standing problems, I honestly think that SI are coming close to killing the golden goose at this point. For the first time I'm even hearing murmors of discontent about the game on less fanatical forums than this one! It just seems to be some of the exact same issues every single release and every patch, and then new game-breaking bugs crop up. Here we are a decade on from the move to Football Manager, and the whole long-term game/AI squad management issue has barely progressed a jot. I doubt that a biennial release would be considered commerically viable, but perhaps SI could just spend a year fixing this whole long-term game problem- if it is impossible to bring the AI up to scratch fairly and squarely, then perhaps the game could be coded with AI 'boosts' and cheats to restore a bit of challenge? I know that there need to be new 'features' every year to slap on the box, but I can think of many ways that a marketing type could interpret the long-term game fixes etc as new 'features'. All the press conferences and player shouts in the world cannot compensate for a game that you are reluctant to really commit to because you know that in a couple of game years it all just becomes too easy.

I realize that this is a tremendously complicated game, and there is a lot going on under the bonnet that we can't easily see, but with all the bugs in this release on top of the unresolved long-standing problems, I honestly think that SI are coming close to killing the golden goose at this point. For the first time I'm even hearing murmors of discontent about the game on less fanatical forums than this one! It just seems to be some of the exact same issues every single release and every patch, and then new game-breaking bugs crop up. Here we are a decade on from the move to Football Manager, and the whole long-term game/AI squad management issue has barely progressed a jot. I doubt that a biennial release would be considered commerically viable, but perhaps SI could just spend a year fixing this whole long-term game problem- if it is impossible to bring the AI up to scratch fairly and squarely, then perhaps the game could be coded with AI 'boosts' and cheats to restore a bit of challenge? I know that there need to be new 'features' every year to slap on the box, but I can think of many ways that a marketing type could interpret the long-term game fixes etc as new 'features'. All the press conferences and player shouts in the world cannot compensate for a game that you are reluctant to really commit to because you know that in a couple of game years it all just becomes too easy.

+1 fm 2014 need this fixes!

structurel.jpg

This is the structure of the new academy system network.

7 levels of reserve leagues, topped off by a 2-tier academy system.

There is also a 3-tier 'grass roots' school team and school academy league system that can be tagged on to the end of this for those that want an extra layer of player development adding to their game.

Download links will appear in the FM13 AI Player Development Project thread in the Editors forum, here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339740-FM13-AI-Player-Development-Project

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived