Can you be the man of FM08?

damn right i didnt like the rain :D. what league are Brasil de Farroupillha in btw?

indispensable eh?!, me thinks there are some MOTM'S to be won ¬¬

and tomas ujfalusi! i was going for at least gallas, if not ferdinand :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frazza: You are in the next update.

Frith: Brasil de Farroupillha appear to be in a lower league called the Brazilian Gaucho Lower Division.

I was just wondering what sort of things you guys would like in the updates. I have the next month done and ready to update on here. I think what I'm going to do is have a player page on my website for each person and on there i'll post a screenie of your player each year and with stat progression, etc. But as far as monthly updates go what would you guys like to know?

As a sidenote I have decided to weight the MOM awards. It will be done using the reputation of the competition that you get it in. For instance the Premiership has reputation of 18, and thus a man of the match there nets you 18 pts!

I'll start putting a table of the leaders in the challenge once someone starts the ball rolling!

Feb 1, 2007 Update

Current Stats

Haowan - Has signed on as a hot prospect with West Ham.

Glenn Crane - Signed as a hot prospect with Everton. Is getting along well with Andy Johnson and trying to gain pointers from him.

Tadhg O'Shea - Signed with Cardiff as a hot prospect. Also is the first to get a cap as he performed for the Ireland U-21's...unfortunately he played a 6 getting a red card in a match that they won easily 3-0 over San Marino.

Philius Maximus - Has signed with the Toronto Lynx as an important first team player.

Ricky Nakano - Joins Maximus with the Toronto Lynx although he is seen as indispensible to the club.

Gold Member - Has attracted the interest of AFC Wimbledon in the English lower leagues.

Bat Borjigin - Has been called up the Mongolian national squad.

Nagy Di Roma - Has an offer from Olimpo, has stated that he would like to play for Egypt at this state in his career.

All others - No news

I will be updating later on tonight, my guess is either 2 or 3 months worth.

edit: I have basically up to Jan 08 complete with point form notes on all the players monthly, I'm going to do a more extensive year end report on the players.

PS: There are quite a few MOTM this year!

Apr 1/07

Stats Update

Haowan - Has joined the Spain U-21 squad.

Tadhg O'Shea - Had a couple more U-21 caps for Ireland. Playing unimpressive in both encounters a 2-1 loss to Wales and a 1-1 draw with Slovakia. Cardiff have upgraded his status to a squad rotation player.

Nagy Di Roma - Has signed with Central in the Argentine Premier Division Opening Stage. Viewed as a hot prospect. Currently learning moves from Kily Gonzalez.

Philius Maximus - Is now part of the Italy U-19's.

Victor Garcia - Had his first cap as part of the Spain U-19 squad. He didn't play spectacular but his team got the win 3-0 over Iceland.

Browser Two - Has become the first player to gain a man of the match award. He got it in league play in the Italian Serie D which is worth 3 pts.

Haza Phillipino - Played with Victor Garcia in Spain U-19's victory over Iceland getting a rating of 6.

Bat Borjigin - Played in both of Mongolia's olympic qualifiers in the month. Unfortunately the defender could do nothing playing quite poorly as Mongolia were ousted in the qualifiers by Pakistan 5-0.

Current Man of the Match Standings

1. Browser Two - 3 pts

May 1/07

Stats Update

Ricky Nakano - Gained 2 man of the matches in league play this month. The American Second Division where he's playing is worth 6 pts each giving him 12 pts this month and taking over the lead in the competition. Both he and Maximus are indispensible now.

Victor Garcia - wanted by Getafe

Gold Member - wanted by Wolves and AFC Wimbledon now

Man of Match Standings

Ricky Nakano - 12

Browser Two - 3

I will clean this up in a bit, as well as adding the June update.

Jul 1/07

Stats Update

Glenn Crane - first cap for England U-19, didn't play that well gaining a 6 while his team won 2-0 over Estonia.

Haowan - Played 2 games for Spain U-19 and scored a goal in a 1-0 victory over Latvia in which he played well to earn a 7 rating. In the second match he wasn't needed to come through in the clutch like before as him team vastly outplayed Liechtenstein winning 6-0 and he only gained a 6 rating.

Tadhg O'Shea - Tadhg played well in the U21 Euro Championship qualifier for Ireland getting a 7 rating while beating Slovakia 2-1. This put Ireland into a tie atop their group with Bosnia.

Gold Member - Wolves have lost interest but AFC Wimbledon still speak highly of him.

Zlatan Bryantovic - Got his first caps for Sweden U-21. Played decent in both matches getting ratings of 7. His team was successful in beating Luxembourg 2-0 which puts Sweden atop their U21 Euro Qualifier group. The other game, a friendly saw Sweden beat Iceland 4-0.

Philius Maximus - Got his first man of the match of the season in league play with the Toronto Lynx, finally overshadowing his teammate Nakano.

Man of Match Standings

Ricky Nakano - 12

Philius Maximus - 6

Browser Two - 3

Aug 1/07

Stats Update

Victor Garcia - Couldn't attract attention from clubs quick enough and was deleted from the database. I remade him and assigned him a team at random. The Carolina Dynamo in the American lower leagues are his suitors.

Haza Phillipino - Same deal with Victor Garcia, couldn't attract a club and was assigned. Morton in the Scottish First Division, will be where he gets his startas a hot prospect.

Khorest Bademjaan - Got his first man of the match in a friendly match against Airdree Utd. He played extremely well gaining an assist and an 8 rating for his effort in a 2-1 loss.

Man of Match Standings

Ricky Nakano - 12

Philius Maximus - 6

Browser Two - 3

Khorest Bademjaan - 1

Sep 1/07

Stats Update

Tadhg O'Shea - Cardiff currently stand 15th in the Championship. Knocked out of league cup 2nd rd.

Haza Phillipino - Morton stand 6th in the Scottish First Division. Got through League and Challenge Cups Rd 2.

Khorest Bademjaan - Gained another man of the match this time in the Scottish League Challenge Cup, where he has been playing unreal getting 2 goals, 2 assists in just 3 games, gaining 3 pts to his score.

Bat Borjigin - Gains his first man of the match which he got by playing in the Swedish lower division gaining 1 point for his efforts.

Man of Match Standings

Ricky Nakano - 12

Philius Maximus - 6

Khorest Bademjaan - 4

Browser Two - 3

Bat Borjigin - 1

Oct 1/07

Stats Update

Haowan - Played 2 more games for Spain U-19. Played a 6 in a 3-0 victory over Iceland. Then an 8and scored a goal in a 5-0 victory over Latvia. Is wanted by Girondins Bordeaux.

Glenn Crane - Played a game for england u-19. played a 6 against Israel won 5-0.

Tadhg O'Shea - Cardiff sit 23rd and in relegation spot as of now.

Mat Frith - attracting interest from Man City.

Haza Phillipino - Got his first man of the match in the Scottish first division against St.Johnstone, playing an 8 scoring a goal and his team winning 2-1, which is worth 8 pts. Morton sit 5th. out of league cup and challenge cup 3rd rd. wanted by zaragoza

Luc Fontaine - has joined France U-19

Ricky Nakano - Got 2 more league man of the match awards, totalling another 12 pts! Played his first game with Russia U21 and played a 6 losing to Denmark.

Johnaldinho - signed by Shelbourne in the Irish first division as a hot prospect. Shelbourne are champions in the Irish first division. Out of the Senior Challenge cup qtr final and league cup final.

Gold Member - joins Johnaldinho at Shelbourne as a hot prospect.

Victor Garcia - Obtained 4 MOM awards this month all in the US Developmental league worth 3 pts each for 12 pts total.

Khorest Bademjaan - Out between 2 weeks and a month with a fractured arm. Has joined the Iran U23's.

Man of Match Standings

Ricky Nakano - 24

Victor Garcia - 12

Haza Phillipino - 8

Philius Maximus - 6

Khorest Bademjaan - 4

Browser Two - 3

Bat Borjigin - 1

I hope you guys dont mind the point form stuff as far as monthly updates go.

Tadhg may not be doing so well in the league but the bright side is that with all the time he's spending not in the first team he is developing quite a bit.

I hope you guys dont mind the point form stuff as far as monthly updates go.

Tadhg may not be doing so well in the league but the bright side is that with all the time he's spending not in the first team he is developing quite a bit.

I like the point form stuff for the updates. Tadhg's development will mean better performances in the future. :D

Wait, how do international MoMs work? :D

And frithleeds, you're a lucky assclown :p

It's based on the reputation of the international competition, obviously things like Euro or World Cup MOTM's will be worth much more than a friendly.

It's based on the reputation of the international competition, obviously things like Euro or World Cup MOTM's will be worth much more than a friendly.

Then World Cup Tournament Matches (not Qualifiers) will be the most prestigious along with Champions League matches as they have reps of 20, don't they?

Archived