JP's Journeyman Save across England/Spain/Italy to the goal of managing Newcastle in FM13!

pearcey_90

Name: Joshua Pearce

DOB: 20/10/1987 (Couldn't have 1990 in FM)

Nationality: English

Second Nationality: South African

Favourite Club: Newcastle United

Past Playing Experience: Sunday League Footballer

This journeyman save involves England (Blue square North/South) Italy (Seria C) and Spain (Second Division). I will be starting off unemployed and looking for a better job each time i start to do well until i eventually end up at my dream job of managing Newcastle.

This save will have highs and many lows whilst some interesting decisions which i hope you's can have a say on to keep the interest high in this thread. This is my first one of this kind despite being a member for ages so i am a noob but what i can guarantee you over the other threads is updates on a regular basis :)

I hope you will keep this bookmarked for future updates, but for now here we go!

EDIT:

Leagues Currently being ran are:

England: Blue Square North/South

Italy: Seria C1

Spain: Spanish Second Division

South Africa: First Division

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Available Jobs:

Npower Championship: Blackburn Rovers

Npower League One: Bournemouth

Npower League Two: Wycombe, AFC Wimbledon

Blue Square South: Havent & Waterlooville

All the available jobs at the moment are situated in England which does not offer much broadness but could allow me to stay in my homeland and gain my first managerial experience in a culture i am use too. Of all the jobs going Havent (Situated on the south coast) one seems the only realistic one so i will be sending a CV of to them and hope to hear from them soon :)

CV successful and job offered at...

Havant & Waterlooville F.C.

havant.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havant_%26_Waterlooville_F.C.

stadiumhavant.png

First job i have applied for and i have got it! 100% success rate! Nailed the interview!

Expectations: Finish 13th (22 teams in league)

Wage Budget: £5.1k a week (Currently spending £4.8k a week)

Transfer Budget: £0

Nickname: The Hawks

Founded: 1998

Stadium: 4500 (642 seated)

Fierce Rivals: None

Other rivals: Weymouth and Eastleigh of which the latter is in my league!

Quick overview of the squad and it seems fairly solid! :thup:

Edit: Also noticed i have i've left attribute masking on... just to make things even more difficult for myself ahaa!

So this is my first team squad and the tactics i will be using as i really want to get the Juve style working on this FM :)

havantstartingteam.png

As you can see i have sufficient depth in each areas of the team considering we are a part time team. The main areas i will try and improve with one or two free/loan signings will be in the midfield area in particular the Advanced Playmaker role.

Currently in the process of bringing in my own staff as when i joined they only had a Fitness Coach. At present Claus Lundekvam has come in as Head of Youth Development with Quinton Fortune and Muzzy Izzet as coaches if people remember these players from the old Premiership days :)

Also as what i feel is a MAJOR coup for Havant & Waterlooville we have secured Rafael Gordillo as Director of Football and for the people who do not know who he is here is a wiki link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Gordillo

With over 70 caps for Spain and numerous La Liga titles for the might of Real Madrid, i for one hope he can use his connections abroad and his reputation to be able to attract talented young or old Spainish players so i am able to implement my passing style on the Havant team more effectively!

Friendlies

Before coming in the club had already played Dartford and Torquay in friendlies at home and lost 2-1 & 3-1 respectively. I have Forest Green, Poole Town and Dorchester left in the next 2 weeks to get the team use to my tactics and find my starting XI for the first league game of the season.

I can't believe you are playing 352 in the BSS :D

If you find CB's intelligent enough to play it at your level, then 'Sunday league' reputation is an insult to you!

It wouldnt be a bad place to start.

Indeed! Club looks quite solid so could give me a great start to build my rep up :)

Good luck on the south coast.

Cheers dude!

Terrible thread.

Will not be following this.

(Giant wink face)

Will be better than the Pompey thread ;)

Havant & Waterlooville V Forest Green Rovers

Friendly

1stfriendly.png

Thought i'd upload the first friendly to let you guys see how the new tactics fared. As you can see from the match stats i am very pleased how my team performed considering they were playing a different style of football they would have never been use to against opposition who are a well established Blue Square Premier side. We had almost the same possession and from ours we created the more chances. One of the low ratings was my new big money (wages) signing Ben Martin,

benmartin.png

which i have put down to the role i asked him to play (limited defender) as the other two defenders playing normal roles had a good rating so i will be changing his role the next game. As due to the low rating he still remained composed which highlights why i was willing to pay a large sum of my wage bill on him (1/10 of my wage). Another key positive was both of the starting strikers scoring and looking like a formidable partnership already.

Overall many positives from the game and now its time to seal some more signings and play the other friendlies before the first game of the season :)

BREAKING NEWS

Havant & Waterlooville would like to announce their new Reserve Team Manager....

davidsp.png

In what is another major coup for Joshua Pearce and Havant & Waterlooville, today they have announced the legendary Dutch footballer Edgar Davids will be joining the club as Reserve Team Manager! We caught up with Joshua who had this to say.

"I'm very delighted to be able to welcome someone of Edgar Davids caliber to this club. Its been a lengthy process to try and agree a deal suitable for both parties but in the end we have got it done. He will bring much added experience to the coaching set up here and will work with other former Premiership stars Quinton Fortune and Muzzy Izzet in coaching the future kids of Havant & Waterlooville whilst helping direct the more older heads on how to be good role models for the kids."

Transfers

With the first league game just a few days away i have wrapped up all the signings I've felt needed to be done.

signings.png

We are currently £800 over the wage budget, but i hope my DoF can offload two players i have transfer listed which will bring that down to a more respectable £300 over budget.

Of the signings 3 are 16 year old spainish kids, who have come in due to the presence of the DoF. Further two are English youngsters and another being a Ireland youngster. The main reasoning behind bringing in a load of youths, was not only the cheap wages and for some non-contracts but also because it gives them a greater opportunity to play regular football in the reserves/youth side due to no existing players being there. Of the signings along with Ben Martin the other main two are:

Billy Tsovolos - Australian Youth International CB. Along with Ben Martin he is the highest earner at the club mainly because with 3 at the back i feel the CB area is the main part of the team at this level.

billya.png

Scott Shutton - England LM/ACM. Reasoning behind this was the injury in pre season to first team player Steve Ramsey so i was forced into the market to buy a top quality ACM and this kid was available so i swooped and signed him on a good wage. He will offer real competition in that Advanced Playmaker/Attacking Midfield role when Steve Ramsey comes back, which is heavily needed due to this area being the main spark for creativity in the team.

scottv.png

Pre Season Results/First League Fixtures

fixturesv.png

The first two pre season games i was not at the club. After the positive performance against Forest Green we had disappointing results to Poole Town and Dorchester. I feel the reasons why we let in so many goals was due to not having our first choice back 3 available along with squad rotation to get everyone fit. Nonetheless the team is getting use to the tactics week by week. Another factor to take out the friendlies is how important Ollie Palmer will be to us achieving our mid table success. 3 goals in 4 games just highlights what a key player he will be.

The start to the season couldn't be anymore tougher if we tried! We open up against Promotion contenders Chelmsford (Predicted 4th), before a trip to Cornwall to take on strugglers Turo (predicted 22nd). After that we take on another promotion contender Bath (predicted 3rd) away from home before we play at home against Rivals Eastleigh who the bookmakers are making odds on favorite to win the league.

Board expect us to finish around mid-table as do the media (predicted 13th) and since this is my first season in management i feel that is a realistic target and anything more will deemed great success!

Best of luck to you. Really impressive back room staff you seem to be building.

Cheers lad :) I always feel a good backroom staff offers great foundations to build upon for the future.

The fact that you called Quinton Fortune a 'Premiership star' makes me doubt your managerial credentials.

Those 76 games in 7 years for Man U just shows what a star he was in the Premiership :D Ahaaa!

Transfer Window SHUT

transferwindow.png

From the list of the biggest transfer that happened it appears the Premiership sides once again showed their financial power by completing some of the biggest deals. The stand out transfers appear to be

Jefferson Farfan to Chelsea for £28.5m which means competition for Torres

Marouane Fellaini to Man City for £23m which strengthens their midfield along with another Right Back in the form of Glen Johnson.

The most surprising transfer would have to be Man Utd selling their Vice Captain Patrice Evra to PSG and signing Martin Olsson from Blackburn as an replacement!

In other news there were no further deals in or out at Havant & Waterlooville.

Play Off Contenders?

After the first four fixtures Havant & Waterlooville have surprised the bookmakers and the doubters questioning Joshua Pearce's ability to manager at this level with a positive start to the season, given their tough early fixtures.

havant1stfix.png

If i had set out a number of points to achieve from these fixtures it would have been around an optimistic 5 points given our poor pre season, so to achieve 7 points is a real delight and goes to show preseason results mean nothing!

I also thought Ollie Palmer would be key to any success i would achieve at Havant but that does not seem the case with speedy energetic forward Sahr Kabba stepping up to the plate with 3 goals. The first two games were well deserved wins as we completely out played the opposition, in particularly Turo which had their manage come out after the game applauding the passing style he had witnessed. The Bath game was just a total nightmare! Player diving for a pen in the 1st minute set the tone for rest of the game! Billy our star CB went off injured after 10 and we just never looked like getting anything from the game. In the end a 3-0 loss was a good result! We bounced back though against Rivals and best side in the league Eastleigh. Saying we could have won the game 5-0 is no exaggeration! We completely battered them from the word go and despite having 15 shots 9 on target and 55% possession we just could not get past their keeper. In the end it felt like 2 points dropped but on the whole reflection of the first 4 games i am extremely happy and hope to build on from here for a positive first season in management.

Blue Square South Table

1sttable.png

Phone me NOW Newcastle!

September Results

2ndfixtures.png

What a month this has been!

Who ever doubted the 3 5 2 *Cough TY *Cough have been well and truly proven wrong. Not only has the defence been solid keeping 4 clean sheets but it has also allowed us a great platform to build upon and meant we have scored in every game this month. The only blip in the month came at the end away to 2nd place Bromley. Where despite pulling it level twice in the game we was undone but a wonder goal to win it in the 82nd min. Nonetheless was a great performance away from home and has proven we should reconsider our season expectations. A stand out result in the month was the win at Sutton Utd in which it was their first home defeat of the season. Despite being pegged back twice Ollie Palmer stepped up with his first goals of the season and most crucially his 2nd in the last minute with a bullet header from a corner to seal the deserved win.

As you can see from the results one name stands out the most....

Sahr Kabba

kabbaj.png

6 goals in 9 league games and 8 in 10 in all competitions has been formidable! But like all good strikers they have needed a top strike partner to help them and Ollie Palmer has been that setting up 4 of Kabbas 6 goals. With Palmer at 6ft 4 and Kabba at 5ft 10 its in my eyes a lower league Heskey/Crouch & Owen partnership where the speedy little man gets all the knock downs and finishes them clinically!

Going into October if we can keep up our magnificent home form and pick up the odd win away we can cement our place in the play offs and have a solid season. But right now we are not getting carried away and the aim is still a mid/top half table finish.

FA Cup

In the 2nd Qualifying round we got Uxbridge at home and in a game where it was 2 late goals from Kabba that won it, this does not reflect the game. It was no smash and grab but a simple case of Uxbridge were solid as in defence and despite having over 70% possession and 15+ shots it wasn't till right at the end when the pressure finally told :)

In the 3rd qualifying round we have been drawn away to Bromley :D So lets get some quick revenge!

doing excellently so far pal, top 2 look in a different class ATM, with there GD.

Cheers lad! Over exceeding atm but as long team doesn't suffer injuries my starting XI is solid for this league! Hope Bromley send out the Reserves in the FA Cup as i feel that's the main competition that can seal me a job at a big club in a low division in England or abroad! Billericay look solid too!

Mixed Bag

3rdfixtures.png

Don't know what to make of this month. Given our season expectations its a decent month, given our recent form its a poor month. However still unbeaten at home is a strong positive as i highlighted earlier remaining unbeaten at Home and picking up the odd Win/Draw away it will be a good month and that is just what we have done!

Start of the month couldn't have been any worse. At home to mid table Weston we found ourselves two down inside 20minutes, but things quickly changed with a instant reply to make it two one. Than late in the second half that man Kabba stepped up and rescued us a point. The next two games we failed to score despite having average amount of 65+% possession. We responded with a strong result away to Billericay (unbeaten at home also) which meant going into the Dorchester game we had strong foundations for a positive result. Despite once again having 65+% possession it was looking like being another draw and points dropped but from a set piece, we once again used our height and got the deserved winner from Pearce.

FA Cup

In the 3rd Qualifying round we was away to Bromley. After losing to them a few games previous we wanted to exact revenge! But after having the fair share of possession, with Kabba not turning up we lacked the killer instinct in front of goal which resulted in us exiting the cup.

Blue Square South Table

3rdtable.png

Any danger of holding onto a lead?!

4thfixtures.png

A very frustrating month to say the least. With teams at the top failing to win it was a great chance for us to to close the gap and push ourselves into promotion contenders category. Instead we done the exact opposite and are drifting towards mid table obscurity. In both of the games against Welling and Weston we have led at half time 1-0 only to just come out after the restart and self implode. Not only was that frustrating enough, we also lost our home record and showed in the cup we are capable of beating sides in a league above us. One positive is the goal scoring of Ollie Palmer which now takes some of the pressure off Kabba as he has looked like the only player to score for us this season.

With December having 8 games it is a real make or break month for our season and will shape where we will be challenging in the second half of the season, Play offs or Mid Table!

FA Trophy

3rd Qualifying round - Away to non-non league side Leamington it was a simple case of smash and grab. With 9 first team players rested and still reeling from the disastrous result at home to Welling, we never looked like winning this game and our cup run could be over at the first hurdle. That was untill Kabba scored a typical poachers finish to snatch the win with the last kick of the game.

1st Round - Being drawn away to Blue Square Premier side Braintree and on the back of another poor result it would have been easily forgiven to think we would be brushed aside by Braintree, but this was not the case. We showed we can mix it with the better teams and after a well fought draw away from home to get the replay we finished the job at home with a commanding performance that rewarded us with a result and a away draw to non-non league side Met Police. This is a REAL competition i feel we can do well in and could potentially bring success to the club, as my team seem to relish the chance to prove themselves against the bigger teams.

Blue Square South Table

4thtable.png

GOALS GALORE!!!

5thfixtures.png

Well the fans got their moneys worth over the festive period in particular the boxing day bonanza, but for me im going more and more grey with each passing game.

After 2 league defeats on the trot the month started greatly with a strong positive result against high flying Bromley. Than going into the Staines game we tried our hardest to make things difficult for ourselves. Inside 20 minutes we were 2 down but a spirited fight back meant we saved our blushes against a lowly side at home. The next game away to another lowly side Tonbridge was the complete opposite of the Staines game. Going into half time we had established a comfortable 3-1 lead, but just like in November we self imploded at the start of the second half and lost the lead within 5 minutes. The final nail in the coffin came with them snatching the winner deep into injury time. Our next two games saw us concede 8 goals in which both games we had been level, only for ourselves to throw it away and lose once again. Its starting to become a major worry our performances in the second half, something i need to address. As my naivety to change the tactics to hold onto a result and continually insist on attacking has been our own downfall, something i need to sort out.

The positives to take from the month is our ability to score from all over the team and pitch now, but in doing so it really has made us weaker at the back.

FA Trophy

2nd Round- Away to Met Police i decided to make 10 changes just keeping the 1st choice keeper in. At half time this looked like being a major mistake, however for once we done the comeback in the 2nd half and not the team losing a lead. The game was looking to be heading to a reply but than up stepped Arthur to seal the win and made us progress through to the 3rd round where we got the hardest draw possible, away to Hereford.

Blue Square South Table

5thtable.png

As i said in a recent post December would decide if we would be challenging the Play Offs or Midtable and as you can see it looks like being Midtable for us unless we can string together a solid set of results.

Half Way Assessment

halfwayrecord.png

Given this is my first job, and i had little money to spend and implemented completely new tactics I'm fairly happy with my record as far. The team is predicted to finish around 13th and we are on target to achieve this, even at times over exceeding the prediction. A win % of 44 as this level is another huge positive. If i can keep the win % the same i will be very confident of landing a job in a higher league after my contract ends at the end of the season. If we can maintain our FA Trophy run and get a appearance at Wembley i will be over the moon.

Good luck man, great read so far! I managed them for about half a season before I lost my mind and resigned in a fit of rage. Rather then load up a previous save, I suffered through four months of unemployment(got Havant & W promoted, but i joined them halfway through the season and they were pretty much a lock for playoffs, plus i'm Sunday Leaguer), and now i'm at Dover. I'm working my way to MLS, good luck man! You are better then I!

New striker required!

newstrikerrequired.png

After bossing yet another game we have once again failed to win due to a lack of killer instinct in front of goal. Ollie Palmer was ruled out for 3 weeks last week and as a result we have lacked any attacking prowess going forward. As not only have we lost his height and power, i have come to notice Kabba just does not perform at all alongside any other striker.

With 2 games in hand and 11 points off the play offs (had two games waterlogged) it's a necessity i find a strike partner for Kabba or someone who is capable of getting 10 goals till the end of the season in this transfer window if we are to stand any chance of sneaking into the play offs.

Good luck man, great read so far! I managed them for about half a season before I lost my mind and resigned in a fit of rage. Rather then load up a previous save, I suffered through four months of unemployment(got Havant & W promoted, but i joined them halfway through the season and they were pretty much a lock for playoffs, plus i'm Sunday Leaguer), and now i'm at Dover. I'm working my way to MLS, good luck man! You are better then I!

Cheers mate :) Im starting to lose my rage with Havant now due to the lack of goals. Either way i will definitely be leaving at end of the season and if i cant find a job in the conference i will be moving abroad! Good luck in getting to the MLS!

BREAKING NEWS

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/waterlooville/fake

Havant and Waterlooville have today announced the signing of former Premiership striker Leon McKenzie. Joshua Pearce had this to say.

"Today is a big moment for Havant & Waterlooville. To be able to attract someone of Leon's pedigree to this club, just goes to show this club has huge ambition to get promoted. With the board backing me with an increased budget to allow us to get him, it shows to the fans the club is fully behind me and believes in what i am trying to achieve here on the south coast, promotion! Its been no secret with Ollie Palmer out injured we have lacked that leadership up top and i fully believe Leon can fill this void with the experience he brings. It was only 18 months ago he was playing regularly and scoring in league two, so just shows what he is capable of doing when he stays fit."

Seems you are in a mid-season funk - if you can find your way through it, Im sure you can finish the season strong! I see you've already made up your mind about leaving, but how are the promotion chances looking?

Indeed i am mate. Just hoping we can get that result, which gives us that spark to get going again but been hoping for that in the past 4 or so games now :( Was only on a year contract and pretty much the whole team run out of their contracts at end of season so will be hard to rebuild again if i was to stay. Currently 11 points of Play Offs with 2 games in hand so still in with a good chance of sneaking in if we can get back to a winning habit quick :)

MUMMY WHAT DOES WINNING FEEL LIKE?

That is the EXACT thing myself, players and fans of Havant are saying right now!

6thfixtures.png

Terrible, terrible, terrible month. No two ways about it. 10 games with out a win and sliding further down the table is unacceptable of a club that has the 4th highest average attendance in the league and the 7th highest wage bill. We should be doing much better than what we currently are, and the situation we find ourselves in at the minute has started to get me questioning myself, 'am i the man for the job'.

AFC Hornchuch, Billericay and Bath games ALL saw us concede in the last 5 mins which has seen us throw away 4 much needed points. Had we won the first game against Hornchurch this month could have had a completly different look to it, but that is not the case. The game away to Chelmsford, saw us salvage a point with Leon McKenzie coming off the bench to score his first goal for the club. After suffering 3 league defeats on the trot and the team constantly 'Jaded' and in need of a serious rest, i decided enough was enough of trying to keep my strongest squad available and decided to through in my 5 Spanish kids. The next two results, although they have not been wins they have nonetheless been MUCH better overall performances even though one was a draw against bottom of the table at home, the 16 year kids have shown they are capable of the battle unlike my more senior players.

FA Trophy

3rd Round - Rested 8 first team players for the trip to Hereford as i saw the league being more vital to our season and the end result was we were thoroughly out played and deserved the two nil loss.

Blue Square South Table

6thtable.png

Despite being without a win in 10 games we can still achieve our target that we set at the start of the season of a mid/top half table finish. This will only come if we end our poor form IMMEDIATELY! Otherwise i could resign before my reputation takes a huge knock at the start of my career.

P.S. Forgot to mention in the Billericay game they had 9 men and Bath game they had 10 men and we missed a PEN just to make things worse and to show how poor those results were :(

Hmm, I'd like to see you manage abroad. Nice start by the way, but your results have began to slip :(

How do you take your screenshots, by the way?

Think i may start to look out for jobs in Spain's low leagues now than. I know man, just can't seem to end the bad run :(

I do the usual Ctrl + Print Screen on FM, than past into paint. There i crop the certain sections i want and save before uploading to Imageshack, than add the images on here through that by typing *Imagshack link here*:) Hope that helps mate.

Thanks, it just seems your images are a lot clearer than mine :D

Not a great month for you, unfortunately :(

No problem mate :) Hopefully next month is better :(

You seem to be clear of relegation trouble at least, though I know that's not enough.

Way things are going we could be sucked into it soon and I'm not sure my team has the bottle to fight it. :/

Play Offs to a Relegation Battle!

7thfixtures.png

Nothing about it. Right now we are in a relegation battle. As you will see from the table underneath we are not far of 14th but we are also just as close to 19th!

The month couldn't have started any better. On the back of 10 games without a win i held a team meeting to remind them that we are playing well just not getting any luck, this in turn boosted their confidence and by 7 mins into the game it was all over and the end of our terrible run. The added bonus was the goals coming from Palmer and Kabba who are VITAL to any success we have. It was down to them two at the start of the season why we were in the play offs so if they can rediscover their form we should safely finish mid table. The next two games away from home, saw us turn in sloppy defensive displays which showed if you can't keep clean sheets you are not going to win. The last game saw us host the league leaders. Fearful of a battering i just wanted the game to end quickly, but that wasn't the case. We once again showed against decent opposition we have the quality in the team to be at the other end of table its just a real shame we don't show the consistency enough, which is required to be challenging at the top.

Blue Square South Table

7thtable.png

Next month 3 of our games are against teams around us with the other two in the play offs. We need 8/9 points i feel to avoid being dragged into the relegation zone in the final month.

Crucial Month!

Form and wins at last!

8thfixtures.png

Big month this was for not just Havants league survival but also for my managerial reputation. The month started off once again in explosive fashion with us finding ourselves four nil up at half time. We took our foot off the gas in the second half but Ollie Palmer was still able to seal his first hat trick for Havant. In the next game we suffered the blow with the news Kabba will be out for rest of the season, but thankfully Ollie Palmer is in a rich goalscoring vain at the moment and his goals once again got us our first back to back wins this year. The game after even though overall it was a good point to be leading 2-0 with 15 mins ago the result feels like a defeat. We should have seen the game out but with Maidenhead pushing for a play off place they dug in deep to get the draw so credit where credits due. The defeat away to relegation side Hornchurch was a bitter pill to swallow, even more so since we was leading with 20 mins to go. Leon McKenzie was the goalscorer for us but the man that scored both of their goals was also Leon McKenzie...but wasn't our Leon but a different one...freaky!! The next game against Turo was a BIG win as you will see from the league table. Defeat there and we would have been deep in trouble but with the win it keeps our heads above water at the moment.

As i said before, this month we needed 7/8 points to stay away from the relegation zones and with us getting 10 points its a huge bonus! As with just 7 points or less we would have been deep in trouble!

Blue Square South Table

8thtable.png

Archived