Exceeded maximum of 100,000 players??!

?

• Administrators
I can barely run three or four leagues with a small database. My computer works just fine for everything else I do but I guess FM is just a beast. I'm also impatient, so maybe that's why it never seems fast enough. I would love to have a machine that could quickly run a load of leagues from around the world, but what can you do?

I am distrubed, though, that SI believe they can force people into what they can run. A warning message would be fine, but if it's available in the game, then don't restrict it because you think you know better, customer be damned.

Seeing as over the last year I've spent countless hours dealing with users who have encountered crashes and lost save games due to over-stretching their systems with their set-ups, I think I'm in a stronger position to most to say this had to happen I'm afraid.

Agreed, Ackter, but that doesn't excuse making the decision for the customer. As it stands, they've marketed a management simulation with x number of leagues available, then forcefully restricted how many of said leagues certain players can run. If you're going to do that, then sell it to 32 bit users for half price, because only half the game is available.

• Administrators
Agreed, Ackter, but that doesn't excuse making the decision for the customer. As it stands, they've marketed a management simulation with x number of leagues available, then forcefully restricted how many of said leagues certain players can run. If you're going to do that, then sell it to 32 bit users for half price, because only half the game is available.

That's like saying that people with poor graphics cards shouldn't have to pay full price for graphics intensive games as they can't run it at full spec.

Yeah, it does. They do what's best for the company and the fanbase overall. So a tiny percentage of users now have to cut down on how many players they load, it's still the right decision.

This appears to be a slow closing of a door to users of 32bit OS users wanting to play FM. Though I have never experienced an crash due to having too many players loaded, including a holiday game with every single league loaded with a english level 11 running on top. Been running 64bit OS for the last three and a half years.

If SI doesn't impose limits your game will consume too many memory and the game will crash. 100000 players seems to be a reasonable limit.

The biggest save I have create was with 80000 players and consume about 2gb of memory, about half the memory of the most of computers. That intensive resource consuming alongside with other operative systems tasks can cause your computer to freeze.

That's why SI impose limits, because probably they had made capacity tests on 32 bit and 64 bits, finding a reasonable limit.

That's like saying that people with poor graphics cards shouldn't have to pay full price for graphics intensive games as they can't run it at full spec.

I don't think that analogy works with what I said. But I've thought this over further and I no longer have a problem with it.

I would like to take this opporunity, then, to express my appreciation for what I think is a unique and well made game that I have spent way too many hours enjoying. I've seen far more entertainment bang for dollar in buying FM09 and 11 than I could get with any other option out there.

Hi there,

New to the forum, just wanted to post on this topic really;

With all due respect Neil, it's NOTHING like that example. If I have an out of date graphics card, I can't play a game at full spec but the GAMEPLAY (the most important aspect) will not change.

In FM12, I could play with a 100k database and yes, it was slow but I didn't mind at all, as I wanted the maximum players I could have. With FM13, I don't even have the option, it's very disappointing and does effect the gameplay quite a bit, and I really am gutted that I am FORCED to run such a small database. :(

• Administrators
Hi there,

New to the forum, just wanted to post on this topic really;

With all due respect Neil, it's NOTHING like that example. If I have an out of date graphics card, I can't play a game at full spec but the GAMEPLAY (the most important aspect) will not change.

In FM12, I could play with a 100k database and yes, it was slow but I didn't mind at all, as I wanted the maximum players I could have. With FM13, I don't even have the option, it's very disappointing and does effect the gameplay quite a bit, and I really am gutted that I am FORCED to run such a small database. :(

You can play with a 100k database in FM13 too. You just can't go over it. No-one is forcing you to run a 'small' database. On the last version if you'd run over the recommended amount for a considerable period of time the game would have crashed eventually. Would you prefer to have a game you invest lots of time in that one day may just crash and can never be recovered, or would you rather have a limit which means you can run your game safely without this fear?

It seems wrong to me to take away options and customisability of your own game, because of the stupid people who don't understand how computers work. Just inform them better, this is similiar to how operating systems keep getting dumbed down (see windows 8) but they don't care about the more computer savvy who liked to change things and knew what they were doing.

• Administrators

If you use that 3GB boot option with the game it will be unsupported and if your game crashes we cannot help. I'm closing this thread as we've explained the reasons behind the decision, thanks.

Archived