Has this happened to anyone else?

I've played FM from the old Champ Manager days like most of you guys but I think i've finally had something happen to me that ive never noticed any mates or you guys on here mentioning.

Firstly if there are any clever cloggs out there who have had this and are not going to be helpful and just type "if I had a £1 for everytime someone posted this" then i'll personally hunt you down, break your legs and burn you house down. (Ok maybe I wont but you get the point - no trolls if possible guys :p lol)

On my save in the Norwegian Tippeligaen as Viking FK I had a player come to me furious as he had been fined. Found this strange as I certainly hadnt issued any fines. Read the news item further and it says right at the end of the article that it was one of my coaches (the coach i'd assigned to manage the reserve side) who had issued the fine.

Now 1st of all I never knew coaches had the authority to issue fines and 2nd I checked the club policy and all he is authorised to do is manage the reserves, use current 1st team tactics and ensure he takes control of reserve friendlies. The boxes for offering new contracts etc are not ticked.

Can anyone advise whether the man in charge of the reserve team can give fines out etc....as at the age of 26 years old and playing FM/Champ Manager for as long as I can remember i've never had this.

Not a huge issue, The reserves lost 3-0 and the keeper got a 5.5 rating (like many of the team did) but can't believe the coach in question issued a fine like that.

I've instantly removed that coach from his position of reserve manager but cannot afford to release him as 1st of all he is a good coach and 2nd of all we are running on a tight budget obviously being in the Norwegian league etc...and cant really afford to pay him off unless I really had to. Hopefully just a 1 off maybe?

Checked and his stats are good. Always really careful with my back room appointments.

My point is more how come a coach is authorised to fine a player and im the one who has to deal with aftermath. Never had this happen in all the years ive played the series of games.

I had to do one of the tedious private meetings where the wording is all as if it was me who fined him. Ive fined players in past saves if deserving but never had one of my coaches issue the fine. Need to get a screen cap when home from work really. The News article was like most saying how said player was unhappy at recieving a club fine and that while he is a senior pro (he isnt hes 20 years old lol!) he cannot perform to the highest standard every game. Then right at the end of the news item it said my coach had issued the fine.

Well if it's not the coach then it's the players bad attitude to be given a dressing down.

Anywho - it's happened me a few times, but I usually just say to the player "I think you deserved it." then he says "I disagree." Then I say "I think we should leave this to another day".

I suppose because he's been given the role of manager for the match day and he has the power as acting manager to issue a fine, if he didn't then he wouldn't be doing his job.

I know what you mean though, it would be nice to have a "Fines can only be issued by me" setting somewhere.

I agree, it's a bit annoying.

Removed that member of staff from managing the reserves but still find it odd. Never in all the years playing FM and CM have I ever seen a coach or member of staff other than me issue a fine or have the authority to issue a fine. Sounds so bizarre as it be like Mark Bowen at QPR issuing a fine to a player behind Mark Hughes back.

Eugene has the right idea. I go one stage further. Ignore it completely, simply do NOT open the conversation box. The player will soon get over it & I have never noticed a downturn of form as a result.

Eugene has the right idea. I go one stage further. Ignore it completely, simply do NOT open the conversation box. The player will soon get over it & I have never noticed a downturn of form as a result.

This is correct. There's no point going into a conversation with a player about any short-term unhappiness such as being annoyed at being subbed, fined or shouted at during team talks. Just ignore it and it'll go away just about every time.

dont take it the wrong way guys but its not the private chat that was my point. I feel confident on how to handle the moaning little scum bag ;) but it was more the fact that in all the years playing FM an CM, ive never had a memeber of my staff issue a player a fine. Wouldnt have been as bad if he'd informed me "player x was very unprofessional in the last game" but first I knew of it was the player moaning about being unfairly treated being given a fine.

Should a coach be authorised to do that? Never seen a feature of such.

Thanx for the reply though guys

I'm sure I've read about something like this before and I'm also pretty sure it was a specific coaching attribute that made it possible for them to fine players. Can't find the thread though and I haven't a clue which attribute is influencing it. Maybe you could show us a screenshot of your over-eager coach so we could figure it out?

BTW I definitely agree that they should not be able to give out fines unless specifically instructed to do so.

There should be at least an option to review the cautionary action, whether dished out by you or by someone else.

Sometimes I'll accidently select a two week fine - and there's no going back.

I would love an option that said something like "I agree I was a little harsh, therefore I'll only fine you 1 weeks wages, but your behaviour must improve"

Or something like that.

I've played FM from the old Champ Manager days like most of you guys but I think i've finally had something happen to me that ive never noticed any mates or you guys on here mentioning.

Firstly if there are any clever cloggs out there who have had this and are not going to be helpful and just type "if I had a £1 for everytime someone posted this" then i'll personally hunt you down, break your legs and burn you house down. (Ok maybe I wont but you get the point - no trolls if possible guys :p lol)

On my save in the Norwegian Tippeligaen as Viking FK I had a player come to me furious as he had been fined. Found this strange as I certainly hadnt issued any fines. Read the news item further and it says right at the end of the article that it was one of my coaches (the coach i'd assigned to manage the reserve side) who had issued the fine.

Now 1st of all I never knew coaches had the authority to issue fines and 2nd I checked the club policy and all he is authorised to do is manage the reserves, use current 1st team tactics and ensure he takes control of reserve friendlies. The boxes for offering new contracts etc are not ticked.

Can anyone advise whether the man in charge of the reserve team can give fines out etc....as at the age of 26 years old and playing FM/Champ Manager for as long as I can remember i've never had this.

Not a huge issue, The reserves lost 3-0 and the keeper got a 5.5 rating (like many of the team did) but can't believe the coach in question issued a fine like that.

I've instantly removed that coach from his position of reserve manager but cannot afford to release him as 1st of all he is a good coach and 2nd of all we are running on a tight budget obviously being in the Norwegian league etc...and cant really afford to pay him off unless I really had to. Hopefully just a 1 off maybe?

Engage innocent whistle mode :D

you've tasked your coach to manage the reserves... this includes all game day management etc.... including fining the player if necessary...

same as any coach in charge of youth teams or reserves would have the ability to do in real life

if thats the case then fine (literally), but just in all my years playing the franchise and the previous CM's from childhood ive never had this happen. His man management skills are not the best but nothing awful either.

Its ok, just found it odd ive never had this happen before where a coach is authorised to give a fine. Surely it be better suited if a coach felt someone in the squad or someone in his youth or reserve team deserved a fine he'd report it to me to ultimately make the decision.

Cheers guys either way for the feedback

Archived