My FM13 Concern

Overall im happy with the new additions to FM13, however im very worried there wasnt even a mention for improved AI. I very much hope we see a blog in the near future about AI squad building, as for me this is FM biggest let down.

Although the new additions sound good, I would of been perfectly happy for just a new database update, and enhanced AI.

I really hope SI have not ignored updating the AI.

Fingers crossed for a in-depth blog on the new AI.

Overall im happy with the new additions to FM13, however im very worried there wasnt even a mention for improved AI.

I know you later go on to talk about squad building AI, but as regards match AI...

The 3D match engine has seen huge improvements this year. Everything on the pitch looks more realistic; from the stadiums, the players’ movement, intelligence, and the way the ball moves through the air.

Plus Miles says in the video from 3:00 onwards...

"the most dramatic changes to the match artificial intellingance since FM09"

Squad building AI will be under constant review and improvement to make it as realistic as possible.

I actually thought the match AI in FM12 was decent enough, it obviously had a few problems, but the AI squad building is the weakest link. I just hope it had a major revamp!

This!

the match AI from FM2012 is the best so far, and really really good imo. The AI squad building is the feature that really need a major overall.

Today was about the announcement of FM 2013 – there will be plenty of opportunity for us to discuss further improvements in more detail in the run up to release, so more will be unveiled and discussed over time. :)

This is the usual response to questions like this. Just because it has not been mentioned in the first announcement, don't assume it has been ignored.

900 'improvements' mmmm an added FM Lite, as I have no audio, would 1 of the 900 be 64bit optimisation?

I don't think the game really needs to address more than 4GB of RAM, or does it?

And yes, the squad composition AI is, well, maybe the weakest link.

Some people are never happy though :rolleyes:

Your obviously implying I’m not happy, when in fact I think the announcement news in general is very good, therefore I am happy, and I even began the thread by saying I’m happy…. Especially the news that FMC is being introduced, as I have work commitments, and a busy family life.

I’m sorry you found this thread a little offensive, maybe I should of posted in the main announcement thread, but for me, this granted me starting a thread, as in my opinion the biggest and best news would have been to see that squad management AI has been revamped. Maybe the AI isn’t exciting enough to announce with all the new shiny features, which is why Im hoping we receive some positive news soon regarding the off the field AI.

Archived