decision stat?

What does the decision attribute do? Does it choose what to do based on the situation or the player ability to do something ie crosss.

Here is a situation: say player is out wide, there are two things he can do and both have the probability of working. He can either cross it or dribble past the player. Now he has crossing rating of 1 and dribbling and decision 20, does decision making him see that he is poor at crossing and its better to dribble or does it make decision based on the situation rather than ability.

The higher the decision attribute the more often he'll choose the correct decision.

Although if it's to involve another player then he also needs high team work.

Decisions affect everything a player does, this attribute is always in play, always.

it's affect not effect.

And? You obviously knew what I meant. Just like I could say to you that you start a sentence with a capital letter. But I won't ;). Everyone makes mistakes, even me (I know hard to believe eh?!!!), no need to pull people up.

So what do you guys do with a player who has low decision making. One of my best players (according to my assistant, 4 stars) has 7 for decision making. How do I still get the best out of him? Low CF? Or should I just accept the fact that he will be making some wrong decisions?

I just accept the fact that he will be making some wrong decisions?

Partly this, sadly.

Decisions isn't only about which option to choose, so don't think of it as simply as choosing between A and B. It's also about when he does something.

That pass to the advancing forward....... shalll I take it, not sure, shall I take it, hmmm, okay.... pass..... offside !?!?!?!?!?!?! (if you get my meaning)

This is the reason why you see so many of the imfamous (notorious in some cases :)) experienced posters in this formum bang on and on and on and on..... and on about mental attributes.

They need a lot of training. That means 'tactical' training as early as you can.

Regards

ps.

and LOL at this v

Just like I could say to you that you start a sentence with a capital letter

So what do you guys do with a player who has low decision making. One of my best players (according to my assistant, 4 stars) has 7 for decision making. How do I still get the best out of him? Low CF? Or should I just accept the fact that he will be making some wrong decisions?

I've always assumed that low creative freedom and very clear instructions(not leaving settings on sometimes for him to decide) would work on making a dumb player taking the best decisions but never really end up attempting it.

Regarding the topic even if you can't do much about it, it's generally safer to have dumb players upfront then on your defense, i was watching an Ajax vs PSV a couple of weeks ago where the commentator said something like De Boer isn't afraid to start youngsters upfront since even if they will make mistakes they won't be costly.

My experience is: bad decisions = more mistakes.

I checked in my current save my two DMC:s that I play together. They are on a very similar level, both having the same amount of stars, both ,strong, fast, brave and hardworking the biggest difference they have is in the decision stat. One of them has 13, the other one, 8. In the season that passed I played in the Champions league playoff and group stage with both of the players always as starters.

The player with decision 8 was one of the worst in my team, he had good statistics for tackling, passing, heading etc but had an awfully high amount of unforced mistakes – 13 in eight matches. Compared to only 4 for the other DMC, the only other player that came near to him was my substitute AMC with decision of 9 with 10 mistakes in eight matches (out of which he started only three and was subbed in in the rest of the games.)

Depends on his age and potential. I have seen 17 year-olds gain 9/10 points in decisions by the time they were 22 years old. (FM10)

Archived