Managers Wages Question....

Is there an incentive for trying to up your wage ? Long term in the game will this be of benefit for you ?! Just wondered if there was any point to haggling with your board for a higher wage when they offer you a new contract.

There's not really any point. I like to play realistically, though, so if I don't feel the wage I'm being offered is what I am deserving off, I'll try and get them to up their offer.

In theory the higher your wage, the more secure you are in your job as it would cost the board more to sack you.

I think what has been said here is true. I try to get as big a wage as possible to make my job more secure, if it works as it should then if they want to fire you they have to pay you up until end of contract. So say your on 10k a week with 2 years left, that isnt much to pay, but if you have pushed and pushed and got 100k a week, then they might just reconsider.

I think that is how it works anyway.

The less they pay me the more I have for my budget so I will try and negotiate to the lowest level available. In the last patch or in 2011 you could re nogotiate your contarct on the same terms as you were currently on so you did not have to increase your wage when they offered you a new contract.

Archived