Tav's Two Year Wonder Tactic - FM11 or Fm12

I have been using this tactic for nearly a year now and its just amazing! If you want to play the beautiful game with style and a little panache then this is the tactic for you. The story behind it is a simple one, i wanted to play the way Barca plays (without the diving and 10 men referee badgering) and win titles. So after about a week of tweaking and a showering of dumb luck I came up with this monster -

http://www.mediafire.com/?hcb8478tf4p2cas

Mirror (Winger on Left)

http://www.mediafire.com/?llktopf61bfyadi

Team Stats For The Season:

e70bd938f8bcb23bbeee385f6cac1c1d158bc9b463ebb5510fcc38e913805a5a4g.jpg

Undefeated First Season:

21e561c966f9289b4808ccf2569959dc4558fa4261b080691b12abeb2b89bbb44g.jpg

After seeing how amazing the Barca team performed I decided to start a new game and get Liverpool a first League Title in 20 years. 9 League Titles in 9 Years and 3 years winning champions league in a row pretty much comfirmed to me this was my best tactic ever! Oh and also in my last season at Liverpool I won every single competition - Charity Shield, Euro Super Cup, World Club Cup, League Cup, FA Cup, League Title and Champions League. There was no stopping us!

2aacef010ebec6fc895aa4c4095ea22b2e76ed23af8f3c54e1474e2be84572264g.jpg

458dded8f89a3fd041afb1e27aa8462ea4a060bc2a61345a0be3341e05c426c84g.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM 12.2.1 Story So Far

In FM 12.2.1 i have won the League Cup, Fa Cup and came 3rd in my 1st season with Liverpool. I didnt have a fit Stevie G for most of the campaign which affected the league form. Still got 81 points but it was 2 wins too short. Having a great inspirational captain is so important! This season i got rid of the rubbish best i could and we are looking good for the league:

cb1ddc2ea8c41dc30f72de4d8e0576809156ed42e13c5d9e323a31314d8c52984g.jpg

So lets see that tactic you say? Well here it is with everything you need to know to be successful:

cdaf89672acc217070ef57cd7d91b0cc1c50d2b680fffb513f027e603c444d794g.jpg

Here are the attributes needed for each position. In general all defenders must be fast. If they are slow the tatcic will crumble to pieces! Your Cm's need to be team players with great work rate and without the 'Shoots from distance' PPM. If you want more goals get your top 4 players all with 14+ finishing.

Gk - Standard world class keeper needed here. I recommend to get someone with great reflexes, one on ones and at least 10+ on rushing out.

Rb/Lb - One has to be your roberto carlos, the other has to be more defensive. If your Winger is on the Right your Wing Back must be on the Left supporting the Inside forward (Vica Versa). The Wing Back works great with the PPM 'Gets forward whenever possible' the Full Back should NOT have this PPM!

Cb's - Fast Fast Fast. All the trimmings needed also with strength and a great tactical mind. If you have a Pique type CB you can change one of them to a ball playing defender. I used this with my great teams but the two Cb's work just as good doing the same job if your team doesnt have this typeof player.

Cm(D) - Again the defensive one must cover the side of the Wing Back for best results. A DMC is needed who can play a little further up the field in the CM(D) slot. Great physical plus defensive stats. you only want him playing simple balls so doesnt have to be the greatest passer.

Cm(S) - Better passer with great workrate and decent physical stats

AMC - The Playmaker! Great vision, passing, agility, dribbling, composure and finishing if possible.

Winger - Crossing, dribbling and pace. Enough said.

Inside forward - Dribbling, Finishing with PPM 'Places shots' alot better than 'Shoots with Power'. Try and not have a power shooter here as they just waste chances. Flair also needed with again pace.

Poacher - PPMs to avoid - 'Comes deep' and 'Prefers to pass than shoot' :D Super PPM here is 'Likes to beat offside trap' it works a treat! Great pace, off the ball, finishing and of course composure to tuck away the chances.

What this tactic needs above everything else is a great team. if your playing as anyone below the championship sort of level then id just say forget it. SPL it works fine as i managed to get Aberdeen the title in the second season. Its a great tactic when used together with the right team talks and squad rotation system. No tactic will work if untrained by the team or they have very poor morale. If you have any questions just ask, id be more than happy to help :thup:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hcb8478tf4p2cas

Mirror

http://www.mediafire.com/?llktopf61bfyadi

Mirroring The Tactic

The tactic can be mirrored easily enough so if you have a left winger and a right wing back you can move the tactic around to create the tactics mirrored image. Positions have slider changes on them so the whole positon has to be moved! What i mean is you must drag your Winger to a free slot then drag your inside forward across before putting your winger in the free space. Straight swaps wont work and just changing their roles wont work either! if changing the winger to the left you must also change the two CM's and bring your wing back to the right in the same way.

Match Prep, Shouts and OI's

I keep it sensible and simple here.

Match Prep is on Very High until the team are very familar with it then i put it down to very low/low depending on how the team feel about it. I always have defensive positioning on as it helps the team alot i feel. The tactic is so pressing and attacking a little boost the other direction goes a long way!

OI's again i keep it simple. Is Messi playing? Then kick him hard! :D Also one footed lone strikers always should be shown on their weaker foot. I hit playmakers like VDV and Silva hard too.

I dont use shouts at all, if i want to be more defensive then I change tactic. This baby isnt made to compromise and alter its nature.

Pitch Size

The pitch size I use is the standard one. If its too big there will be too much space behind your defensive. Too small then you wont create the same amount of chances. Balance here is important.

Possession football at its finest! A few screens of great results on my first save of FM 12.2.

408db99548e8befee29d184b0f38bdbc334e43ca7c93c9e425d7aee4e692e0064g.jpg

231eeed8d57e106b0d35fbf4a68c06db181a2d97b7435dd4230c777fbdc743c24g.jpg

e6dcd9c728f1f5928d0549d37c71c35ff16d5c1ffb1154484fa51e0254694e584g.jpg

4488379581f89c077a5b42c983d2af4b9e72c43ca5d9baee58a6f000a6c929a14g.jpg

Pace is the one thing that can score against this tactic as shown in the QPR game. Quality will prevail though.

OI's i rarely use unless a lone striker is one footed. Van Persie played terrible against me when i was tackling hard and showing him on weaker foot.

The pitch size I use is the standard one. If its too big there will be too much space behind your defensive. Too small then you wont create the same amount of chances. Balance here is important.

No i never use shouts. Its a plug and play tactic really. If its tight in a big game however i do go to my 442 defensive formation about 76th minute when leading. Never before 75 and never after 83, pefect time for my team to adpat and other team to struggle. Too early or late the roles are reversed :)

I play Hazard in any of the AM slots. Works best as the playmaker in my opinion though.

I get the team perfect at using the tactic so Very High. Then when they are fully there i put it down to very low. Always have Defensive Positioning on as the tactic is so attacking a boost in defending works great. 2 seasons as Liverpool and iv let in the least amount of goals both years and scored 100+

Hi TAV2,

What match preparation do you use?

I get the team perfect at using the tactic so Very High. Then when they are fully there i put it down to very low. Always have Defensive Positioning on as the tactic is so attacking a boost in defending works great. 2 seasons as Liverpool and iv let in the least amount of goals both years and scored 100+

If using the tactic with a weaker team just make sure the defenders are fast enough. 10 pace defenders up against strikers with 15+ pace is only going to end in tears!

I am using this with Weymouth in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

Couple of questions do you need to set a playmaker in the playmaker box? Also I can't get my head around how you invert the tactic for games against better teams. Can you post a screenshot of the tactic inverted please.

The AMC automatically is your playmaker so anyone who plays there is set as such.

Yeah bad english from me with the whole invertion thing. I meant you can mirror the tactic so the winger is on the opposite wing etc. Sorry for the confusing, il go change the wording. Against clearly better teams id suggest starting off with a more standard tactic of your own and then using this at key points in the match to push for a goal.

The AMC automatically is your playmaker so anyone who plays there is set as such.

Yeah bad english from me with the whole invertion thing. I meant you can mirror the tactic so the winger is on the opposite wing etc. Sorry for the confusing, il go change the wording. Against clearly better teams id suggest starting off with a more standard tactic of your own and then using this at key points in the match to push for a goal.

Great thanks for the reply, will let you know how I get on with Weymouth.

Sorry TAV2, not convinced with your tactic!!! Are you sure you have run a full season with a new game with 12.2.1? I guess not. These aggressive tactics are coming undone usually half way through the season. Looking in the forums, people are having diffulties with tactics since update.

In my 3rd season and iv won 2 FA Cups, 1 League Cup and the League Title with over 100 points. All on 12.2 and this 3rd season on 12.2.1.

What team are you playing as? This tactic only works if you have the right players playing in the right positions. You also need 2 very very rare quick strong center backs with great tactical awareness.

Sorry TAV2, not convinced with your tactic!!! Are you sure you have run a full season with a new game with 12.2.1? I guess not. These aggressive tactics are coming undone usually half way through the season. Looking in the forums, people are having diffulties with tactics since update.

I have played on two computers, 4 first seasons with Liverpool and Arsenal. Although i start well, it soons goes to pot! Getting sacked in one fo the games. Finished 3rd with Arsenal and currently in my second season and lost half of the games including my last 4-1 away to Norwich.

Arsenal and Liverpool 1st season dont have the players to pull this tactic off every match. Away from home you will struggle especially on longer pitches against fast strikers. This is where you need a more standard tactic to play the percentages. When you have a super defense all fast and two tireless midfielders in front of them thats when this tactic can be used every game. Caragher and Mertresacker should never be used with this tactic for this reason.

Something iv noticed since the latest patch is that morale and teamtalks are alot more volatile now. If you get the team talk wrong playing this Attacking tactic and your players morale arent all good you will concede early on.

Im sure the team talks affect the first 15mins of the game which isnt much but if this causes you to concede then nerves and morale will spiral out of control. The tactic alone cant do all the work anymore unlike previous versions of the game. If you want to get the team playing amazing then you have to know what your doing with the management side of the game. Balotelli's and the like should be avoided like the plague! Good professional players is the only way to the top now.

No i never use shouts. Its a plug and play tactic really. If its tight in a big game however i do go to my 442 defensive formation about 76th minute when leading. Never before 75 and never after 83, pefect time for my team to adpat and other team to struggle. Too early or late the roles are reversed :)

I play Hazard in any of the AM slots. Works best as the playmaker in my opinion though.

Hey TAV2. Swapped to your tactic late october after having some problems with my own tac on my LOSC Lille save and have used it for 2 months.

And it has worked great playing on the new patch and Hazard has been a beast at amc both scoring and assisting. I don't really have a good poacher but Sanogo and Bruno is doing a pretty well.

Managed to beat AC Milan 4-0 at home in Cl group stage.

Will keep you posted on how it goes once I get better players in.

Good to hear narum :thup: Hazard is a beast yeah, only wish i managed to tutor him a bit. He would be unstoppable with 15 determination!

yasar- The playmaker is unticked as it just registers as the player playing AMC. That way you dont have to change the order of your playmakers if playing your number 1 out of position. Sometimes i play Hazard as IF so Pastore becomes playmaker et.c Dont make a order list of your playmakers and everything will be fine :thup:

I adopted this tactic a few months into season 20015/16 with spurs. i was plodding along in 5th or 6th and after a good few games while getting used to it..BANG unbeaten from end of feb beating the likes of arse, liverpool, man c and chelsea and stormed to the title. also knocked out ath mad, barca and man u on way to loosin on pens in champs league final to bayern in which we edged it and was unlucky as i had 2 disallowed goals and hit woodwork twice.

all in all a very good tac. morale, teamtalk and confidence have always been crucial in this game..overly so imo. just siged lavezzi, g. rossi, coutinho, shaqiri and an excellent regen wonderkid. let you know how i go in my first full season.

Sounds awesome :thup: Get yourself some amazing full backs and backups as i feel thats where the tactic can be beat. I lost Jose Enrique to cruciate ligament damage and my team fell apart for a few games.

Unlucky on the champs league final man. Its hard seeing those streamers come down knowing their not for you :(

Haha yeah it is. Seeing those pens go wide or saved hurt aswell!

well ive got bale, aly cissohko, kyle walker and fabio as my full backs and nkoulou, papastathopoulos, zapata and kaboul as my center backs. all with at least 14 for pace and acc. most with a min of 15. also my cm's are sandro, kwado asamoah, radja nainggolian and dzemaili. what do you think?

You seem to have a great squad there. What you could do though is mirror the tactic so Bale can play as your winger on the left. That way kwado asamoah would be cm(s) on the left and be on his better foot. Also kyle walker would be the wingback on the right so your getting him as an attack threat. Your defense however has so mnuch depth it doesnt really matter how you play it. Who is your main striker?

Archived