Brobs17 Updated FM12 4-3-3 Patch 12.1.1 V2

Brobs, I'm a fan of your tactics and you've come up with another blinder here. I am rotating your tactic with another one. I always rotate as I find staying with one tactic long term never works and I want this one to continue being this good long term :-) I am predominantly using it as an Away tactic and it is definitely the best Away tactic I have found. The middle of the 3 strikers scores heaps and all players seem to get good ratings

Thanks for all your efforts!!

Big H, what is the second tactic that you use?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was Serek who suggested that depending on the favoured foot of the side striker dictates whether they are more likely to cross or shoot. Apols if this is built in to the tactic (want to finish my season before giving this a proper chance) - but has anyone tried getting the strikers to swap positions within the tactic instructions. I wonder if having them change positions within the game would confure the AI more? I might give it a go when I get to the new season, but wondered if anyone else had tried it?

The only difference between MCl and MCr is Run With Ball setting. Due to that I play more creative one on the right, but I'm not sure if it makes any difference at all in the long run. And yes STC is definetly the main striker.

I'd pick Cavani over Aguero due to aerial ability. Corners are taken on STC's head, so that's free goals. Just an opinion though.

The only difference between MCl and MCr is Run With Ball setting. Due to that I play more creative one on the right, but I'm not sure if it makes any difference at all in the long run. And yes STC is definetly the main striker.

I'd pick Cavani over Aguero due to aerial ability. Corners are taken on STC's head, so that's free goals. Just an opinion though.

serek, correct me if i`m wrong, i was reading your previous post were you saying that your STC (Gameiro) was scoring over 60 goals and he is more likely aguero type than cavani?

That's true. But if you want a comparison, I bought Cavani this season and in january (game-time) he's at over 50 goals already. He's scoring as much as Gameiro from play, and much more than him from corners. So yeah, obviously Aguero will work too, I just feel that a more "complete" forward like Cavani or Doumbia will do a bit better due to aerial ability.

If you have more strikers with aerial ability do note that if you play a, for example, a right footed SC as SCr, he'll often cross into the penalty area on SCl's head, so that's something to consider if you can't invert both strikers.

I've noticed that my Gameiro has a reasonable crossing stat, so I play him on the right, and Sanogo (great finisher, great aerial ability) on the left.

These are just little details but I find that every bit helps.

thanks Serek. I would like to ask you something else. If you look in the opening post at attributes that are important for ST you will see that Brobs didn`t mentioned heading or jumping. Now, if you compare Cavani and Aguero by attributes in the OP you`l see that Aguero is much more suitable for that position. Also, you can always change your corner options and instead STc put one of DC.

what you think Brobs? thaks

thanks Serek. I would like to ask you something else. If you look in the opening post at attributes that are important for ST you will see that Brobs didn`t mentioned heading or jumping. Now, if you compare Cavani and Aguero by attributes in the OP you`l see that Aguero is much more suitable for that position. Also, you can always change your corner options and instead STc put one of DC.

what you think Brobs? thaks

i`m looking to buy one of this two players and they are both expensive so i need your advice, which one to buy?

Finished third season. This time with screenshots.

First, League 1. It was much harder this time, simply because OM played MUCH better than in first two seasons. I was never truly worried though.

1zpqg5g.jpg

Stats. Cavani broke Gameiro's records, and it only took him one season to do so.

o711f4.jpg

My reserves also had some success! This s French Cup final btw.

3584a6a.jpg

I also won Club World Championship but that's a poop achievement as that competition is extremely easy to win.

I also got to a final in Champions League, where I played against Barcelona, whom I eliminated in group phase last year. This time I lost 0:1 after extra time and an even game. It was this one match where Cavani forgot how to score goals :/

Just wanted to say Thanks to Brobs for this amazing tactic.

At the end of last season I broke a personal record for most goals when Abel Hernandez scored his 68th of the season (previous best was Cantona at Juventus on CMItalia about 18 years ago getting 67)

Currently I am mid way through December and Hernandez is already on 44 AND had a 3 game rest! So think its going to be a new record!

I recommend Hernandez and Brobs tactic to anyone, in any league, with any squad!

question: if i play with juve and my striker or winger was: matri, quagliarela, del piero, iaquinta, elia and krasic how to set up 3 striker who to play wher?

and another thing: why have dmc arow up and left mc down? wher then i play players like pirlo dmc or mcl?

have anybody try this and mr hough 4-1-2-3 both?? and compare?? id anybody is plees tell us what du you think which one is better!

This has been stated in a previous post. And Brobs' wins everytime!

Brobs one is better and the best one for FM 12.

i need some advice. im useing brobs tactic and sometimes change to mr houghs. as you all know his tactis is also 4123 with deffensive midefilder. is that good idea or i should try some other tactic, because both are same formation. thanks

Has anybody tried dropping the middle Striker back to AMC? I guess this would fit better for most people's squads, just wondering if it affects the effectiveness of the tactic. I'll try myself and report back, but would be nice to know if anyboidy has tried?

It's a very good tactic. Tried it for some time now, and it works very well.

I can see that it is others here that asks the same questions that i am wondering. Could someone post a screenshot, or write wich players they prefer in wich position? What kind of player do you use as a middle striker, wich players do you use as STl and STr? MCl? McR? DM?

For example: I was training Argentine for a while, and used Aguero, Higuain and Messi as strikers. Which one should play where? Messi as STc or STr? Do you prefer a more trequartista, deep lying forward in the middle? Or a poacher, good header, fast one in the middle?

It would be very nice to get an overview over the preferred XI. Maybe brobs could tell us more detailed about what players he use?

Or you could read the topic, as we talked about this already? Come on it's only two pages.

I have read the front page. and the player requirements described by brobs is the same for all three strikers. But the player settings is different on the middle striker than the two others. So i guess It's not the same where you put the strikers. Since brobs made this tactic, it should be nice to hear wich players he had in his mind. Should I prefer Messi to be out at the right or in the middle? The same in example Real Madrid - should Ronaldo play in the middle or right/left?

When you say the middle striker is the key position (more important than the other strikers) I just want to ask what player you prefer as a middle striker? Tall one? Fast one? Creative one? Maybe a complete forward? But what do you then prefer the two others up front to be?

Midway through the third season in PSG. My only transfer: Cavani. I'm dominating the league again, also managed to win my CL group (3:0 2:3 vs Liverpool, 2:2 3:0 vs Leverkusen, and my reserves battered Rosenborg twice, forgot the exact scores). A few things I've noticed, some of which are confirmation of previous discussions.

- inverting strikers (feet) will make them cut inside much more often. If you don't invert them, they'll usually play like wingers and cross a lot. This can be good or bad depending on what players you have.

- you need a big enough team to cover all the suspensions. You will get A LOT of cards for everyone except gk and strikers.

- it's useful to have at least decent Long Shots ability on your MCs. They can and will score some goals that way, when they're not feeding the ball to the strikers.

- your mid striker should be a full package. Other than what the OP says, having high heading, jumping and strength will net you goals from corners, and will help overpowering his markers. Someone like Doumbia.

Have fun folks, and remember, if your man management is bad, you won't get results!

Which is why I said to read the whole thread not just op.

Every question you asked was already answered. Posts number 111, 112, 114, 115.

At the start of fourth season I moved to OM, because playing with PSG was way too easy at this point. I also did it to test:

- how will this tactic work with a weaker team. Despite finishing second last season, OM has WAY weaker team than my PSG.

- how will my players adapt to something completely new. OM never played anything close to that formation, so when I took over (it was AFTER pre season mind you), all formations trained were highly ineffectual

The game also decided to make things harder for me by giving my best striker, Doumbia, a 3-month injury, and not letting me sign any quality keeper (only Foster agreed).

After 10 games, I have 8W 2D 0L, with 35 goals scored and 9 conceded. Loic Remy, who replaced Doumbia after three games as a middle striker, scored 16 goals in 7 matches. The tactic still isn't fully fluid too!

And here's a game against my former team (I further strenghtend them before leaving, buying Robben and Wilshere).

2pqnbdg.jpg

Currently 5 out of 6 of my strikers are injured. I kid you not. I'm using some terribad reserve players in my CL games, and the only not injured guy from first team, Jordan Ayew. Obviously a perfect time to play against Barcelona right..

..oh wait.

rjku4m.jpg

I honestly think if Mr Hough made this tactic everyone would be jizzing in there pants and raving about how good it is. Brobs17 doesn't get the recognition he deserves. The best tactic maker and the best FM 12 tactic so far. Sensational.

Currently 5 out of 6 of my strikers are injured. I kid you not. I'm using some terribad reserve players in my CL games, and the only not injured guy from first team, Jordan Ayew. Obviously a perfect time to play against Barcelona right..

..oh wait.

rjku4m.jpg

do you use minimum pitch size?and did you try this tactic on 12.2?how did it go?

Is there a 12.2 out now? Damn I have no laptop in a minute to create another for that! I will get on to it as soon as I get my laptop back

Match engine has not been effected as I am using this with 12.2 and in the championship so far in season 1 with Derby I have played 32 won 29 drew 1 lost 2, won the league cup and am in the FA Cup QF SO i wouldn't worry about having to create another.

do you use minimum pitch size?and did you try this tactic on 12.2?how did it go?

I didn't pay attention to pitch size. Actually I don't think my team gets to choose at all lol. And it seems to work the same on 12.2.

@ivank

OP clearly states to not tweak at all, so they only wiggle room is with midfielders pretty much. Swapping between more technical and more defensive I mean.

Brobs have used your tactics on 2011 and just finished a 25 year gane with Truro winning the PL 11 times in a row. I wasn't going to buy FM2012 but was finally tempted with the £7.99 offer on steam last week. I am about to start a game so will try this tactic and hopefully have the same success. For someone like me with no time plug and play tactics are ideal!!

Just one point from the OP, it says that set peices are in the tactic, is that attacking and defending?

Cheers

Brobs ... your super tactic has become very ordinary (to put it mildly) after the last patch. I've tried to tweak it several times but there's always the same problem: lack of teamwork, low energy levels, low morale and worst of all, lots of wasted chances (especially 1 on 1). Would be great if you could find the time for a variation of your tactic. Thank you!

Archived