Dustin Powers: International Manager of Mystery

DodgeeD

A great read so far, international journeyman saves aren't something that you see very often.

Good luck at the World Cup, you should be able to make it out of that group. With the improving results across the previous two games with Spain it looks to me as you're on for a win this time around.

I've looked up the problem on the forums and it seems it may render this save unplayable in the long-term with hundreds of thousands of regens coming through even after leagues have been deactivated... :( My original plan was to keep adding/removing leagues as and when I changed jobs meaning at present there aren't any Oceanic or Carribbean leagues loaded.

I might play out the 2014 World Cup and then start again with a more stable set-up that will allow me to manage obscure nations around the world without any in-game changes.

A shame to see another promising career potentially ruined by the adding/removing league feature bug. Good luck in the upcoming World Cup regardless, definitely think you could get through to the second round and then with a bit of luck, who knows how far you could go? Is there a league system with nations edit for FM12, I remember there being one for FM10. Perhaps you could toy around with some ideas on that?

I encountered the issues with the add/remove leagues feature, which unexpectedly curtailed my save that I'd been playing since day of release, about 3 weeks ago. In my case it made the save so HUGE that it wouldnt load... I'd got to 2051 as well... :(

I was advised by the guys in the bugs forum to start with the leagues you want rather than adding/removing all the time, and also to run incremental compressed saves (if you don't already)...

Hmmm... think I'll restart before the problems arise, this time with a varied set-up of leagues. I've also checked the thread for the extra International comps I'm using and it seems there are newer versions of those with a few bugs fixed so maybe it's for the best.

Now I need to decided whether to stick with the 'International Manager of Mystery' theme or move onto to the sequel - 'The Manager Who Shagged Me' ;)

Now I need to decided whether to stick with the 'International Manager of Mystery' theme or move onto to the sequel - 'The Manager Who Shagged Me' ;)

Surely that depends on your success rate. If its a tale of woe then perhaps it should be 'The Manager who Shagged my Team' ;)

Archived