Castilla to Real Madrid (hopefully) via England, France Germany and Italy (maybe)

kris0710

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sheffutdengln.png

England/Sheffield United

Season 2016/17

Here is a list of who has won what so far in my save:

Premier League:

Tottenham - twice

Arsenal

Liverpool

Man Utd

FA Cup:

Chelsea - twice

Arsenal

Man City

Tottenham

League Cup:

Everton - twice

Arsenal

Fulham

Wolves

La Liga:

Barcelona - three

Real Madrid

Sevilla

Copa Del Rey:

Real Madrid - twice

At Madrid

Barcelona

Sevilla

Liga 1:

OM - three

Lyon

PSG

French Cup:

PSG - twice

Bordeaux

Sedan Ardennes

Romorantin

Coupe de la Ligue:

OM - three

Nancy

Stade Rennais

Serie A:

AC Mian - four

Inter

Italian Cup:

AC Milan

Fiorentina

Juventus

Napoli

Udinese

Bundesliga:

Bayern - three

Stuttgart - twice

German Cup:

Wolfsburg - twice

Bayern

Rostock

Stuttgart

Champions League:

Barcelona - twice

Arsenal

Bayern

Man Utd

Europa League:

Arsenal

Chelsea

OM

Real Madrid

Sevilla

World Cup:

2014 winners: England runners up: Spain third place: Argentina

European Championships:

2012 winners: England runners up: Spain

2016 winners: England runners up: Spain

Ballon d'or:

Messi - five times winner

Xavi, Modric (2), Sergio Aguero and Cristiano Ronaldo runners- up

Cristiano Ronaldo (2), Sergio Aguero, Cesc Fabregas and Wesley Sneijder third places

Golden Boot:

Giuseppe Rossi, Fernando Llorente (2) and Lionel Messi (2)

Top 5 Transfers:

Eden Hazard - Lille to Barca - £45m

Luka Modric - Spurs to Man Utd - £38.5m

Neymar - Santos to Chelsea - £34.5m

Stevan Jovetic - Fiorentina to Arsenal - £33.5m

Yann M'Vila - Stade Rennais to OM - £32.5m

sheffutdengln.png

Season 2016/2017

Pre-Season

My summer has been busy getting my Sheffield United side ready for the Championship and checking out the players for England also. I will start with Sheff Utd tho.

On the transfer front this summer i have signed seven players for a combined total of £400k with six players leaving for a total of £65k.

My signings are:

Ole Soderberg: A 26 year old goal-keeper signed from BSBP Burton. I have taken a risk on the keeper i feel but his recent record deserves a chance. In the last three years he has played 87 games in the BSBP conceding just 68 goals (15 conceded in 32 games last year). I have spent the most on him, £210,000.

Josh Simpson: A young forward (17) signed from Hull City for £190,000. Not one for this season but my trusted scout speaks very highly of him and having watched him play four times for Hull u-18 made my mind up to take a punt on him. Possible FA Cup appearences ahead.

Jake Freeman: An 18 year old defender signed on loan from parent club Arsenal. Not expected to be first choice but certainly a spot on the bench . Capped once at Eng u-21 level seems to have a decent future ahead of him.

Carlo Keen: Another loanee from Arsenal, Carlo is a 19 year old keeper. I normally just have two keepers in my squad but given the lack of Championship experience with my other keepers i have decided to give myself an extra choice between the sticks. Played a full season on loan at League One Colchester last season becoming a runner up in the JPT.

Denis Schlegel: My third and final loanee from Arsenal Denis is a 19 year old forward. Signed for £3.2m from Dortmund he has already played 57 first team games for ADO Den Haag, Dortmund and 1860 Munchen scoring 25 times. 24 u-21 caps have resulted in 14 goals for Germany.

Joe Ludlam: A 17 year old right winger signed on loan from Man Utd. A youth product at Old Trafford has had a loan spell at League Two Wycombe last year scoring twice in nine games.

Mats Daehli: My final signed in centre midfielder former Man Utd youngster. Decent loan spells with League One Colchester and Walsall made my mind up giving him a chance. Not expected to start week in week out but a tidy player to bring off bench.

Pre season was not great resaults wise with one win from five games (2-0 at Plymouth) but decent displays at home to Man City and away to Millwall give me hope.

The league season started with:

QPR away: Finishing 8th last year missing play-offs by three points they have splashed the cash in the summer, bringing in 11 players for £5m. The biggest being Nathan Ake from Chelsea (£1.4m) and Matt Regan from Norwich (£1.3m). A good performance all round from my boys particuarly right back Connor Brown but the little bit of quality told and Sam Vokes poked home the only goal with twenty mins to go. LOST 1-0

Peterboro home: Home form will be key if we are to at least stay up and it proved correct today. Nigel Adkins brought his Posh team here with little expectation as the finished smack in the middle of the table last year. Just four new signings in for Boro could not stop us and goals from Charlie Moses, Jake Freeman and Josh Carson set us up nicely although the clean sheet bonus was lost wth 5 mins left as David McGoldrick struck from 25 yards. WON 3-1

Bournemouth away: That man Jamil Adam was the difference today. A hat-trick from him plus a fourth from Liam Palmer gave the cherries a good victory. Our only real effort on goal brought a goal with Jake Freeman on target again. Josh Carson picked up two bookings so sits out the next game. LOST 4-1

Milwall home: We lost a tight pre season game so was hopeful of a home win but was not to be. Goals from Tom Carroll and a 91st minute strike from Nicky Maynard beat us with Charlie Moses scoring late on for us. LOST 2-1

Wigan away: Expecting little away from home against a good Championship side worked for me. A first half blitz from Moses (2), Butterfield and Kristoffer Lokberg helped us on the way to a great win. Prince Segbefia scored for Wigan who also has Manny Smith red carded. WON 4-1

Norwich home: Despite having Schlegal sent off early in the second half we looked on our way to three points thanks to Lokberg's goal in the 88th minute but Jake Freeman sliced into his own net in the 93rd minute to give Norwich a deserved point.

That leaves us 14th in the table after 6 games. Not the worst of starts, made better by bitter rivals Wednesday sat in 24th with just a point to there name. Suffering a play-off hangover maybe after finishing 3rd last year before being beaten by Blackpool in the semi final.

The League Cup has been good for us. A televised 1-0 win over Tranmere was followed by a 2-0 home win over Prem side Swansea. A trip to high flying Spurs up next for us.

England

The pressure in really on. Two Euro Champs title and the World Cup holders we start our quali campaign in September in a group with Bosnia, Belarus, Austria, Andorra and Greece.

About to take charge of my first game and fully expect to win the group and move into the World Cup in 2 years time.

No real selection issues to talk about as i have yet to choose my squad but im sure there will be a suprise or two along the way!

sheffutdengln.png

Season 2016/2017

November 2016

Well it has been a decent start to Championship life for Sheffield United in the Championship with some very decent results and just a couple of poor ones. The best of the results were the away wins at leaders Bolton and bottom club Sheff Wed. It leaves the club sitting well placed in the table and looking towards a good 2017.

Something though was not clicking. There was no punching the air as we ruined Wednesday on their own turf, the was no swearing as we conceded late on against Derby. Why am i not enjoying my time here. My record with United is a worst decent:

sheffutdstats.png

So just 24 hours before a match against Nottm Forest i chucked it in, quit, walked, did my best Kevin Keegan impression. It leaves me with just the England job which has had a good start with, 4 out of 4 in qualifiers and a draw in our only friendly.

Being out of club management for 11 days an offer came that has interested me greatly

realzarajob.png

So back i go to Spain, back to the LIGA adelante looking to move 'Los Blanquillos' back to La Liga from the current position of 12th, three points from play-offs.

Didn't see that coming, best of luck in Spain man.

Me either, just really was not enjoying the last ten games or so...once i saw Zaragoza job made my mind up that i wanted to go! Will prob regret my choice soon enough though. Need to stop running off from jobs so quickly.

England winning the world cup and two european championships in 4 years? And they appoint a manager who NEVER managed in the top level? Wow. Something's seriously wrong with FM12

Other than that, great topic, fun to read, and great progress. Though as a person who fancies Dons and who brought them glory in the past games, I must say I'm a bit disappointed.

If I were you, I would wait for a top tier club job, since now you're managing England, you should have the rep to get one.

Good luck with Zaragoza, I'm sure you'll make it to La Liga :) Give Barça hell!

Well it has been a crazy 24 hours for me, things started off poor with Zaragoza, losing 7 of first 9 then a change of tactic and believe in my team brought 6 wins from 8 and then i did what i do best, resign!

I have no idea why i did, maybe it was the few pints at the pub quiz beforehand, im not sure.

That lead me to take over LIGA adelante 4th place side Racing. That job last 10 ten games before a play-off defeat. Following that the media commented three days in a row about my failiure to gain promotion would cost me my job! WHAT!?! Beer-ed up and very annoyed i started trying to get any job i could and to my suprise newly promtoted to the Premier League Bolton offered me my firsrt chance to manage in a top league. So off i go again to yet another club.

Having woke up this morning a looked over the carnage of last night i am hoping i have not ruined my fun in this career. On the plus point i am still in charge of England, have not quit to take over Andorra, yet.

:confused::o:eek::o

My Year With England

england-1.png

Well my first year has been decent to a degree but much improvement needed. I have made a few changes to the squad, bringing in a couple of younger guys and picking players on form only.

We were drew in World Cup Quali Group 5 with:

• Greece
  • Bosnia and Herz
  • Belarus
  • Austria
  • Andorra

My England Results:

Austria away - It all started so badly when David Alaba (Bayern Munich) stuck for Austria with just three minutes on the clock but my starting eleven reacted very well and by the time the clock said 30 mins we were 4-1 up. Two goals each for Tom Cleverley (Spurs) and Jack Rodwell (Everton) put us in a commanding position but again the defence fell asleep to allow Erwin Hoffer (Newcastle) to give the home side hope. The second half was less eventful although a goal from Phil Jones (Man Utd) and an og from Raphael Holzhauser (Bursaspor) sealed a 6-2.

After 57 minutes Nathan Redmond (Reading) can on for his debut.

Andorra home - On paper an easy first home game and thats how it was. 6-0 in the end. With the same starting eleven we raced into a 5-0 half time lead thanks to two goals from Jay Rodriguez (Everton), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Phil Jones and another og from Damian Uceda. The second half saw us finish the job with Ryan Shawcross (Chelsea) heading home.

After 52 mins Joe Mason (Brighton) came on for his debut.

Greece home - The Ocotber double header started off with another easy win, 4-0 this time. Two goals in each half from Rodwell, Jones and Ross Barkley (Everton). Yet again we were helped by an og from Alexandros Moysiadis.

Craig Dawson (Reading) played the whole 90mins for his debut.

Bosnia away - Our worst performance so far resulted in just a 2-0 win. But thats four out of four, Brazil here we come. Goals from centre back paring Jones and Chris Smalling (Man Utd) eased us through.

Morocco away - The November friendly resulted in the loss of my 100% record. After taking the lead through captain Wayne Rooney (Man Utd) we let Morocco back in half way through the second half through Mounir El Hamdaoui (Leicester)

Slovakia away - Another away friendly but this time a 3-2 win occured. Goals from Wilshere, Jones and Gary Hooper (Wolves) set us well on our way but we conceded two in the last five minutes to set up a tense finish.

Joe Lewis (Spurs) started for his first cap.

Belarus home - Back to World Cup and back to scoring plenty of goals. Two for Rooney and goals from Wilshere, Curtis Nelson (Middlesboro) and yet another og, Kononov, eased us through but two late goals and one with us 1-0 up gave the Wembley crowd an eight goal thriller (5-3)

Curtis Nelson made a scoring debut.

Austria home - Our final qualifier before the summer helped us keep up our 100% record with goals from Wilshere (2) and Hooper against a side that posed little threat.

Marc Albrighton (Villa) made his debut

Holland away - Our final game before the Confederations Cup brought a well deserved 3-2 win. Wilshere starred again with two goals and Barkley added the winner with Holland scoring two screamers from Resit Hocaoglu and Dirk Marcellis.

Confederations Cup

In Group B with hosts Russia, Spain and Mexico.

We started with a 2-0 defeat to Spain where og from Joe Hart and Craig Dawson gave us no chance. We played very well and dominated most of the game.

Mexico was another game we dominated and won 2-0 this time. Dawson scored in the right end and Tom Cleverley scored the other.

Needing to avoid defeat against Russia to get through we took the lead thanks to Dawson again but let Russia back in thanks to Sergey Kuznetsov and then a 93rd minute strike from Yury Zhirkov sent us home.

We have a friendly against Algeria lined up before the final four Group 5 games.

wcgroup5aug17.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well there has been a lack of updates as i kind of fell out of love with my crazy moves. Left the save alone for a bit but am back on it now.

Will start from where i left it and Bolton in the Prem. By the time we got to Feb we were sitting 18th in the table, just one point from 15th place. Things were looking ok as we had a good run of fixtures i hoped we could collect some points. The board decided to sell up and cash in so along came a new chairman. In his wisdom (im guessing he was previously in charge at the FA) he sacked me! Replaced by Gerjan Verbeek. Left a sour taste in my mouth and i was happy the club ended up being relegated.

I was not without a job for long and Leeds took me on. A club 16th in the Premier League won 3 of last 9 to finish 14th a credable 6 points above the drop zone.

Used the summer to clear out alot of high earning players, some reserve players earning £65,000 p/w. I set myself a wage budget of £35k p/w only allowing to break this for one player. The club can turn a profit and thats what im hoping. I spent £14m on new signings and sold players to the value of £44m.

The wages spent by the club is annually £21.46m (19th only Bristol City lower) compared to Man City (£101m), Liverpool (£82.6m) and Chelsea (£78.16).

We have just 5 games remaining this season with us sitting 11th, safe from the drop. I will start proper updates again from the summer.

Now to England. The choice to replace me with Mike Phelan looked a decent one as England ended runners-up to Brazil in th WC of 2018 and following this Phelan resigns.

For a laugh i apply for the job and low and behold, i get it! 54 weeks after being sacked with a more than decent record they want me back. Stupidly i accept and currently we are top of Euro Quali group with 100% record, my only slips in the friendlies (Turkey lost 2-1 and drew 2-2 and Israel drew 0-0)

Hopefully you can get back into my career just like i have!

leedsbadgez.png

Season 2019/2020

Pre-Season

Last season the club finished 12th in the Premier League and things are looking good all round. I have decided to run the club on the basis that i sign young first team players with the view to sell them on. With that in mind the £32m transfer budget i have been given means i will go on a spending spree ready for the new season.

During my first year in the role i have totally re-shaped my backroom staff and created a 3 tier scouting network.

My scouting network works like this:

Head of Player Recruitment

16-18 year olds 17-19 year olds 18-20 year olds 19-21 year olds 21-25 year olds 23-27 year olds 26-30 year olds 28+ year olds

I have four scouts who are looking into youngsters and four that look into more senior players. Once a player comes to my attention my Head Scout then watches them, normally over three matches. If i am still impressed with what i am reading then i go along and watch the player myself, normally twice as a minimum. It is then that the player is put onto one of three shortlists. One is 'transfer window targets', one is 'monitior over time' as these players are not what i want at the moment but could interest in the future and the final shortlist is my 'panic' one. Its basically if i need a player asap i have a list of about 20 players that are ready to be bid on.

During the summer i have used my shortlists to come up with my signings:

Mitchell Brooks: An English 21 year old left back has been purchased from Portsmouth for a fee of £2m. He has come through the ranks at Pompey and actually came to my attention when i charge of Sheff Utd. He has racked up 157 Championship apps scoring just the once. he has missed just 8 league games in the last two years and i fought off bids from Sunderland and Aston Villa to land him. He will start the season as my first choice LB and has been given the number 15 shirt.

Maximillian Thiel: The 26 year old German was signed for £5.5m from Karlsruhe. He is a midfielder that can play across all positions and has worked is way up from German Third Division side Berghausen to the Bundesliga. 209 league games under his belt and a German Cup winner in 2015. During pre season a good five displays with three assists and an average rating of 7.38.

Jeronimo Marconi: My big summer signing at £7.75m from Spanish side Xerez. The Argy has picked up 8 senior caps at the age of 21 and has racked up 100 games and 8 goals in his young career. Failed to make it at Sevilla but two great years with Xerez had a host of clubs looking into him. Had to pay a little more than wanted but his all round displays in pre season make me think i have made the right decision.

Pre season has gone well

leedpreseason2019.png

The club have told me they expect a mid table finish so off i go to reach my goal.

With England were are on the verge of getting to the 2020 Euro Champs. Needing four points from four games with three of them at Wembley i expect us to top the group with nine wins from ten following a summer draw away to Serbia.

Bad luck on losing the England job, clearly the Confederations Cup is much more important than anyone thought...

It used to be more so, my first ever FM save was with England and Confederations cups were worth the same as World cups in terms of hall of fame points.

Archived