Explosion in London Underground

defusion

also, argentina was basically the poorest run dictatorship in history. if it wasn't for so many argentines profiting from it, mr. potato head could have toppled that mighty regime. look at the malvinas np? a tugboat basically defeated your whole navy?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

mate, in Top Gun the bad guys were flying Migs. hthh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well they bad but they ain't stupid. Migs rule!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Venn:

The Americans provided some weapons too.

In the end it doesn't really matter. You need people to drive the tanks. Sometimes you lose the support of your troops. Any way it works, one day dictatorships fall. Nothing lasts forever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They fall when they don't pay their troops. Keep the troops happy and they're in for life. Oh, and how many looney governments do you see driving Abrams around? (You may have to ignore Egypt and Israel here)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

also, argentina was basically the poorest run dictatorship in history. if it wasn't for so many argentines profiting from it, mr. potato head could have toppled that mighty regime. look at the malvinas np? a tugboat basically defeated your whole navy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but you gotta know that anyone with a stick in their hand could keep our heads down. not really feisty are we

like they say, "people have the government they deserve" or somesuch

also, argentina was basically the poorest run dictatorship in history. if it wasn't for so many argentines profiting from it, mr. potato head could have toppled that mighty regime. look at the malvinas np? a tugboat basically defeated your whole navy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which way was the Belgrano going?

D

O

W

N

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Venn:

but you gotta know that anyone with a stick in their hand could keep our heads down. not really feisty are we

like they say, "people have the government they deserve" or somesuch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't that completely contradict your earlier point?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

The Americans provided some weapons too.

In the end it doesn't really matter. You need people to drive the tanks. Sometimes you lose the support of your troops. Any way it works, one day dictatorships fall. Nothing lasts forever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They fall when they don't pay their troops. Keep the troops happy and they're in for life. Oh, and how many looney governments do you see driving Abrams around? (You may have to ignore Egypt and Israel here) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's just the thing. if they get russian weapons they evil. they don't, they good. does it have to work that way?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swindon_Jimbo:

There was an unidentified package on the train so everyone got evacuated. My shop is right by the station so I was right in the thick of it icon_cool.gif

the shop got closed and I got to go to the pub for 2 pints.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's just the thing. if they get russian weapons they evil. they don't, they good. does it have to work that way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You suggest we should sell arms to anyone who can pay for 'em, then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

like they say, "people have the government they deserve" or somesuch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't that completely contradict your earlier point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it might. what point are you referring to?

what I mean is that if you get mad dictators, it's cause you supported them. so if they fall, let it be because you don't support them anymore.

But then sometimes the CIA comes and gets a dictator in. That's where it all goes to hell.

With regard to Iraq rising up to overthrow Saddam. After the first Gulf war, urged on by Bush, they did rise up hoping for support from the Allies. No support materialised and those involved were massacred.

that's just the thing. if they get russian weapons they evil. they don't, they good. does it have to work that way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You suggest we should sell arms to anyone who can pay for 'em, then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. But isn't that what you do? I bet Russian tanks and planes were more expensive than American ones then?

You can't really claim it was all political. Islamist dictatorships aren't really communist are they

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swindon_Jimbo:

There was an unidentified package on the train so everyone got evacuated. My shop is right by the station so I was right in the thick of it icon_cool.gif

the shop got closed and I got to go to the pub for 2 pints.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I love Shaun of the Dead icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

So, without reading through these pages, was anyone from otf involved? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni was out and about during it, although not right in the heart of it.

Well they bad but they ain't stupid. Migs rule! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually they're a bit shit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

With regard to Iraq rising up to overthrow Saddam. After the first Gulf war, urged on by Bush, they did rise up hoping for support from the Allies. No support materialised and those involved were massacred. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you go, then. But I'm sure Bush Jr is an altruist and just interested in their well being. His father was evil then.

That's just the thing, why don't we see things for what they are?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

Actually they're a bit shit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, but they're best sellers icon_cool.gif

it might. what point are you referring to?

what I mean is that if you get mad dictators, it's cause you supported them. so if they fall, let it be because you don't support them anymore.

But then sometimes the CIA comes and gets a dictator in. That's where it all goes to hell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point I referred to was the one about poor people being revolting or something.

Most mad dictators got in by winning a savage civil war or medieval style political intrigue and assasinations.

The CIA doesn't go about installing mad dictators - they just go for the best that's available at the time and in the place. Admittedly, that usually turns out to be a mad dictator, but what can one do?

The blame for today's events I lay squarely at the feet of muslim governments who for the last 50 years have been blaming their peoples poverty on the west, rather than on their own incompetence and corruption. But then what would you expect them to do?

You suggest we should sell arms to anyone who can pay for 'em, then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. But isn't that what you do? I bet Russian tanks and planes were more expensive than American ones then?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, ours were more expensive but we were able extend a generous line of 0-percent financing and a $250,000 rebate for no money down. The Russkies were cheaper but wanted a down payment. icon14.gif

There you go, then. But I'm sure Bush Jr is an altruist and just interested in their well being. His father was evil then.

That's just the thing, why don't we see things for what they are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you go what ? icon_confused.gif

Iraq was not some tinpot dictatorship. It was an oil rich nation with massive resources and intelligence to keep the population down. In those circumstance there was little or no hope for the population to rise up without major international assistance.

Actually they're a bit shit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, but they're best sellers icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, McDonalds sells the most hamburgers in the world. Doesn't mean they're the best. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RaRaRasputin:

I've got to go into work tonight at Great Portland Street, just off of Oxford Circus, I'm not liking that.

Also, 7 explosions on the 7th of the 7th month?

'777'??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for the last time (although knowing this place it almost certainly won't be), there weren't 7 explosions, there were 4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RaRaRasputin:

I've got to go into work tonight at Great Portland Street, just off of Oxford Circus, I'm not liking that.

I make it 477

Most mad dictators got in by winning a savage civil war or medieval style political intrigue and assasinations.

The CIA doesn't go about installing mad dictators - they just go for the best that's available at the time and in the place. Admittedly, that usually turns out to be a mad dictator, but what can one do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not go around installing governments?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neilstudd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

So, without reading through these pages, was anyone from otf involved? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In planning the attacks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew some clever c*nts were going to respond like that icon_frown.gif

You can't really claim it was all political. Islamist dictatorships aren't really communist are they </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er, I'm not actually an arms dealer, no.

Not communist, no, unless you mean they both try to keep their populace in the dark and use idealism to try to make them work and/or fight harder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doog:

for the last time (although knowing this place it almost certainly won't be), there weren't 7 explosions, there were 4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually, if you put the number of explosions in between the day and the month then you get... omg! 747! all jumbo jets must be grounded NOW!! icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smiley Dan:

The CIA doesn't go about installing mad dictators - they just go for the best that's available at the time and in the place. Admittedly, that usually turns out to be a mad dictator, but what can one do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not go around installing governments? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

But then my views in this general area are well known to OTF. icon_wink.gif

omg, just thought of the most important thing to come out of all this. ARE THEY GOING TO TELL THE BB HOUSEMATES ?!?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bung 'em on a bus tbh.

omg, just thought of the most important thing to come out of all this. ARE THEY GOING TO TELL THE BB HOUSEMATES ?!?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bung 'em on a bus tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smiley Dan:

The CIA doesn't go about installing mad dictators - they just go for the best that's available at the time and in the place. Admittedly, that usually turns out to be a mad dictator, but what can one do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not go around installing governments? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh? You're getting too highbrow for me again, Daniel. icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doog:

for the last time (although knowing this place it almost certainly won't be), there weren't 7 explosions, there were 4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4 explosions, but 7 sites where effected.

Not communist, no, unless you mean they both try to keep their populace in the dark and <STRIKE>use idealism</STRIKE> to try to make them work and/or fight harder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nor capitalism.

The point I referred to was the one about poor people being revolting or something.

The CIA doesn't go about installing mad dictators - they just go for the best that's available at the time and in the place. Admittedly, that usually turns out to be a mad dictator, but what can one do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed for the most part. But what about Chile? Pinochet was better than a democratically elected socialist government? Better for whom? And Argentina? Granted, if it wasn't for Peronism we wouldn't have had half the coups we did, but who benefitted from the dictatorships?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The blame for today's events I lay squarely at the feet of muslim governments who for the last 50 years have been blaming their peoples poverty on the west, rather than on their own incompetence and corruption. But then what would you expect them to do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rather think it's a shared responsibility. Muslim governments do that, and it's not surprising. But the western powers got their hands in the East many times.

Eh? You're getting too highbrow for me again, Daniel. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My suggestion is that wondering upon the maddness quotient of the dictators or governments the the CIA, or the US generally, installs is perhaps made moot when you wonder whether they should be involved at all?

Not go around installing governments? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha! I see now. Doesn't that mean the mad dictators get in anyway, though?

actually, if you put the number of explosions in between the day and the month then you get... omg! 747! all jumbo jets must be grounded NOW!! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs these conspiracy theories are class keep em coming icon_biggrin.gif

No they aren't said so on bblb

Not communist, no, unless you mean they both try to keep their populace in the dark and <STRIKE>use idealism</STRIKE> to try to make them work and/or fight harder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nor capitalism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damnit, you've got me again. icon_frown.gif

I rather think it's a shared responsibility. Muslim governments do that, and it's not surprising. But the western powers got their hands in the East many times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We should stop buying their oil, then?

Not communist, no, unless you mean they both try to keep their populace in the dark and <STRIKE>use idealism</STRIKE> to try to make them work and/or fight harder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nor capitalism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See? Daniel understands the point I'm trying to make. Communism. Capitalism. It's all the same. Those in power want to keep it, and prevent others from getting it. Who can honestly say they'd not do the same if they had the opportunity?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

My co-worker was freaked out when she discovered that 7/7/2005 is really 7/7/7 since '2005' digits add up to '7'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell her to leave the mumerology to Louis Farrakhan.

Not go around installing governments? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha! I see now. Doesn't that mean the mad dictators get in anyway, though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I guess in some cases. But it's probably still better to allow a country to work it out for themselves with their own autonomy, own national pride, and work toward some collective bettering of the country, perhaps through ultimately democracy. At least in my view.

Archived