Manager of the year. Seriously?

I honest cannot believe someone would holiday half a season and complain they ddint win manager of the year......

I'm surprised at your post. You're usually a good poster in these forums. Read the thread again.

I'm surprised at your post. You're usually a good poster in these forums. Read the thread again.

I have, you holidayed half a season, neither yourself or your assistant won manager of the year despite you winning the league, most likely because both of you have been awarded half the points because neither of you took control for a full season. You then go onto say that you think its daft your assistant would win manager of the year when your not there making any decisions, which brings me back to my point that i cannot understand, not playing half a season, then complaining you did not win an award designed to praise the best manager of the course of a full season.

I have, you holidayed half a season, neither yourself or your assistant won manager of the year despite you winning the league, most likely because both of you have been awarded half the points because neither of you took control for a full season. You then go onto say that you think its daft your assistant would win manager of the year when your not there making any decisions, which brings me back to my point that i cannot understand, not playing half a season, then complaining you did not win an award designed to praise the best manager of the course of a full season.

No. You stated that I complained about not winning manager of the year. Not once have I complained about that or suggested that I should have. I also wondered why the three managers that did win awards deserved to? And I listed all there achievments but it seems like nobody has an answer for whatever reason. I guess there to busy flaming about "why I think I deserved to win manager of the year" to really notice.

I'd also like to add that the reason I wondered, or expected to get some sort of award after winning the prem could be based on the fact that it happened on nearly every other version of FM that I can remember, so whats wrong with expecting it now all of a sudden? I didn't know it had changed until I made this thread.

We have a winner!

I did holiday for half a season and I guess thats the problem.

Anybody else think the assistant getting credit is daft if you holiday?

Nope. He did the work so he gets the praise for the results.

I went on holiday when I was in the Blue Square Premier with AFC Telford from January on. We won the League and the FA Trophy. My Assistant got manager of the year :lol:

agreed... course its not silly that they get the credit...

your the manager.. your getting paid to do the job... if i told my board "hey fella's.. im off on holiday for 6 months , the ass man's got this though.. dont worry ... dont forget my christmas bonus.. cheers" i'd expect a slap.. and the sack

No. You stated that I complained about not winning manager of the year. Not once have I complained about that or suggested that I should have. I also wondered why the three managers that did win awards deserved to? And I listed all there achievments but it seems like nobody has an answer for whatever reason. I guess there to busy flaming about "why I think I deserved to win manager of the year" to really notice.

I'd also like to add that the reason I wondered, or expected to get some sort of award after winning the prem could be based on the fact that it happened on nearly every other version of FM that I can remember, so whats wrong with expecting it now all of a sudden? I didn't know it had changed until I made this thread.

I tried to understand your issue & offer a reason why Sir Alex won the award but I guess you didn't want to hear a viewpoint that is/was contrary to yours.

Not clear enough, from what I know Liverpool won the league with a combination of you & your assman, Man. City finished 3rd & West Brom finished 9th, that still leaves 2nd, 4th, 5th & 6th if the latter two places were taken by a team predicted to finish lower than 15th

Unless there was a surprise team in in the top 6 or Man Utd were utter pish in the league then I think it is perfectly acceptable for Sir Alex to win the MotY title for securing the FA Cup & possibly the Champions League.

I tried to understand your issue & offer a reason why Sir Alex won the award but I guess you didn't want to hear a viewpoint that is/was contrary to yours.

Let me rephrase my post. What I should have said is 90% of the people didn't have an answer as they were to busy flaming about "why I think I deserved to win manager of the year". But hey, if you want to assume that just because I forgot about your post that it automatically makes me ignorant of anybody elses view point that is contrary to mine, then go right ahead, but tbh, it's just another pathetic flame attempt to add to the list on this thread anyway :rolleyes:

This thread is a car crash full of idiotic posts so it would be great if a mod would just close it.

It is definitely a bugged system. In my first season with Southampton I won the Championship and lost the FA Cup final and was not even mentioned in the end of year manager awards (yet I won about 7 manager of the month awards). I did not holiday a single game.

Let me rephrase my post. What I should have said is 90% of the people didn't have an answer as they were to busy flaming about "why I think I deserved to win manager of the year". But hey, if you want to assume that just because I forgot about your post that it automatically makes me ignorant of anybody elses view point that is contrary to mine, then go right ahead, but tbh, it's just another pathetic flame attempt to add to the list on this thread anyway :rolleyes:

This thread is a car crash full of idiotic posts so it would be great if a mod would just close it.

It doesn't make you ignorant, it does however serve to aid your argument that people are only interested in flaming if you selectively ignore posts that were made in a genuine attempt to offer you an explanation or even a little assistance.

You're are right in saying that this thread has turned into a wreck however you were not just an innocent passenger, have a look at some of your posts, particularly the 2nd one to see why you may have brought on the mild flaming.

Red nose won it after winning the FA cup and getting to the Champs league final (yet to be played).

Nice achievement.

Woy Hodgson got second for finishing 9th and losing the league cup final with West Brom.

Well deserved. Obviously over achieved.

Mancini of Man city finishes 3rd for, umm, well, I haven't got a clue because they didn't win anything or even get to a final. Maybe he won it for being at a mega rich club?

Depends on how the other managers in the EPL performed. If a lot under achieved and didn't hit their predicted final positions or had poor cup runs then maybe Mancini came closest to achieving his goals?

So I guess me winning the EPL for the fisrt time since 1990 with Liverpool isn't really much of a big deal and not worthy of a top 3 manager finish?

Not if you were on holiday for half of the season no.

It doesn't make you ignorant, it does however serve to aid your argument that people are only interested in flaming if you selectively ignore posts that were made in a genuine attempt to offer you an explanation or even a little assistance.

You're are right in saying that this thread has turned into a wreck however you were not just an innocent passenger, have a look at some of your posts, particularly the 2nd one to see why you may have brought on the mild flaming.

I've never seen such absolute bollox so eloquently put. Well done.

You're suggesting I'm not interested in anybody elses point of view because it differs from mine and because I failed to acknowledge one single post in this entire thread (not posts, as you like to claim) which I did see but forgot to mention a few days later. You're talking absolute ***** but you can carry on trying to dress it up if you like.

And don't try and drag me into why this thread has turned into a complete and utter cluster **** because I made a joke, yes, a joke in post two. Try getting off your high horse and look at the guys name that posted it and you will see the how it was ment as a joke ffs. Seriously, you're trying to attach some blame to me for the amount of ridiculous posts in here becaues I made a joke? :rolleyes: Your argument is beyond weak.

Another completely unfounded and idiotic post to add to this thread. Again, well done. :applause:

I've never seen such absolute bollox so eloquently put. Well done.

You're suggesting I'm not interested in anybody elses point of view because it differs from mine and because I failed to acknowledge one single post in this entire thread (not posts, as you like to claim) which I did see but forgot to mention a few days later. You're talking absolute ***** but you can carry on trying to dress it up if you like.

And don't try and drag me into why this thread has turned into a complete and utter cluster **** because I made a joke, yes, a joke in post two. Try getting off your high horse and look at the guys name that posted it and you will see the how it was ment as a joke ffs. Seriously, you're trying to attach some blame to me for the amount of ridiculous posts in here becaues I made a joke? :rolleyes: Your argument is beyond weak.

Another completely unfounded and idiotic post to add to this thread. Again, well done. :applause:

Honestly, are you a complete ****** or what? Maybe you're just trolling your own thread, but the attitude you put out is disgraceful - be more respectful kid (I beg that you aren't an adult, if so then your mental age is far behind). YOU asked a question, yes YOU asked them and the whole of the ****ing internet a QUESTION. You get your answer, and because you don't like the answer or for what ever reason unknown you get riled by responses that dig you or misread the part about finishing in the top three, shows that you can't be up for discussion. This whole thread is fail cake. You're fail cake, and to be honest, this should be closed. I laughed quite hard at the pathetic content of this thread, and as a viewer of this thread I'm automatically invited by YOU to give an answer/response, so I will;

No, I don't think you should had finished in the TOP THREE, b'cos you never put the effort in and the premiership for the first time since time begain has no relevance what so ever because it wasn't YOU (just you, that is) that won it. If you did finish in the top three, well... that's unjust. If you and your assistant got joint acknowledgement, yes but then again it doesn't work that way.

Not really, he did exactly what I told him to do. He didn't sign the players, pick the formation or have to change anything apart from when a player got injured. I suppose he did team talks, but he does those anyway so does that mean he should share manager of the year with me? Or get it himself?

Ignorance? Maybe you should find out what else goes on during match day. If you didn't holiday so much, maybe you would or maybe, just maybe, you do know what else goes on but you just "forgot" to mention all the other tasks and possibilities that can and DOES get carried out as well.

It seems to me that you're feeling screwed over cos you're taking this way too far and being this sensitive over a minor discrepancy between this version and previous versions is pathetic.

Right or wrong, I don't care.

==============================================================================================================================================================================

Barside wasn't even rude, he was polite and offered a fair view of what he thought. You didn't agree and wrote that whole load of bull? Wtf is wrong with you? He might had missed his name just like how you missed or forgot to reply to a certain post. Does that deserve the response you just gave? No. Does my post matter? No... But hey, this is a forum right?

And don't try and drag me into why this thread has turned into a complete and utter cluster **** because I made a joke, yes, a joke in post two. Try getting off your high horse and look at the guys name that posted it and you will see the how it was ment as a joke ffs. Seriously, you're trying to attach some blame to me for the amount of ridiculous posts in here becaues I made a joke? Your argument is beyond weak.

Too dumb to even realise what you're doing.

Arguing for the sake of it? impertinent? The principle is still the same, winning MoTY or achieving top three is still covered by what he is saying. Stop being an ignorant moron.

As said before

It seems to me that you're feeling screwed over cos you're taking this way too far and being this sensitive over a minor discrepancy between this version and previous versions is pathetic.
. You should also learn to realise that this change is called implementation and implementations happen over the course of every release. With your way of thinking the game would still be the same as the very 1st FM? Or CM as that? Deal with it, cos it makes sense that this change has been brought upon the series and unfortunately for you, you can no longer claim accolades for going on holiday! :(

Honestly, are you a complete ****** or what? Maybe you're just trolling your own thread, but the attitude you put out is disgraceful - be more respectful kid (I beg that you aren't an adult, if so then your mental age is far behind). YOU asked a question, yes YOU asked them and the whole of the ****ing internet a QUESTION. You get your answer, and because you don't like the answer or for what ever reason unknown you get riled by responses that dig you or misread the part about finishing in the top three, shows that you can't be up for discussion. This whole thread is fail cake. You're fail cake, and to be honest, this should be closed. I laughed quite hard at the pathetic content of this thread, and as a viewer of this thread I'm automatically invited by YOU to give an answer/response, so I will;

No, I don't think you should had finished in the TOP THREE, b'cos you never put the effort in and the premiership for the first time since time begain has no relevance what so ever because it wasn't YOU (just you, that is) that won it. If you did finish in the top three, well... that's unjust. If you and your assistant got joint acknowledgement, yes but then again it doesn't work that way.

Ignorance? Maybe you should find out what else goes on during match day. If you didn't holiday so much, maybe you would or maybe, just maybe, you do know what else goes on but you just "forgot" to mention all the other tasks and possibilities that can and DOES get carried out as well.

Right or wrong, I don't care.

==============================================================================================================================================================================

Barside wasn't even rude, he was polite and offered a fair view of what he thought. You didn't agree and wrote that whole load of bull? Wtf is wrong with you? He might had missed his name just like how you missed or forgot to reply to a certain post. Does that deserve the response you just gave? No. Does my post matter? No... But hey, this is a forum right?

Too dumb to even realise what you're doing.

Arguing for the sake of it? impertinent? The principle is still the same, winning MoTY or achieving top three is still covered by what he is saying. Stop being an ignorant moron.

As said before . You should also learn to realise that this change is called implementation and implementations happen over the course of every release. With your way of thinking the game would still be the same as the very 1st FM? Or CM as that? Deal with it, cos it makes sense that this change has been brought upon the series and unfortunately for you, you can no longer claim accolades for going on holiday! :(

A moronic, pathetic, impertinent, ignorant, dumb disrespectful kid eh? For defending myself against idiotic, flaming posts, which, funnily enough I'm having to do again.

Arrogant much? Condescending? You've failed to understand anything that's really gone on this thread but you feel the need to come in and right a whole chapter on name calling whislt at the same time descending this thread even further into a mess. Well done, you sure showed me.

And what is a fail cake? But yeah, I'm a moronic kid.

Archived