two minor issues SI has ignored YET again...

1. corner trick still works. has done for the last FOUR games.

This is far from true. FM09 had an exploit that involved restricting the goalkeeper's movement so that he couldn't claim the ball. FM10 had two, one that didn't work very well involving playing the ball to a striker waiting on the edge of the six yard box to score, and one that worked quite well where you pass to a player on the edge of the area who has a shot deflected in through a mass of players. FM11 supposedly has one involving players at the far post, as does FM12. They're different exploits. This one has only worked for two games, and only major defensive AI improvements will fix it.

right well done for answering mate but-

1. for flocks sake sort it out with a patch!!! how many years do you need it to be demonstrated that this works!

all you weirdos that say, "dont use something that beats the game" need shooting. why would you completely ignore a tactic that works??? its like neglecting to press 'fire' in space invaders..

2. yes! i know how to get my profile face back! but why should i dick about with your wanky way? in the words of roy walker, its good but its not right.

Wow...angriest man ever. Thanks for providing a laugh! :lol:

Do you get irritated when this happens in real life football then?

I don't know if there are any statistics but it would be interesting to see what % of corners are won by attackers/defenders and if they are clean/contested. Further to that what sort of % of attacking headers are on target/off target and how FM stacks up to the real life stats.

Of course not, it's part of real life football. However most of the time if a defender misses a marking assignment in real life, especially as obviously as they do in game, he's going to be hell bent on making up for it. Not the same slack marking consistently.

Interesting point on the stats. I've no doubt they would run soak tests to see how many goals are scored from set pieces and they would probably add up to real life stats. Do they test attacking headers vs defensive headers, chances created per game etc? Either way I'm just commenting on what I experience in my games and have done for several versions.

EDIT

Just because you don't see the marking doesn't mean it isn't happening, its just the graphics highlight isn't showing it partly due to the number of animations available.

This 'what you see on the 3D doesn't always match up to the ME' theory has been floated on here a lot and shut down by several more experienced posters, including wwfan recently. However, assuming it is true, if there are only limited number of animations, why are so many wasted on variations of 'attacking player moves from far post to 2 yards out, directly in front, with no defender following and the keeper not claiming a ball on his nose'...?

The default tactics tend to have different set piece setups as default to match the tactic.

my impression--and it's just an impression--is that corner tactics matter less than having players with the right attributes lining up. my impression is that corners are somewhat overpowered in general; it's hard to avoid scoring a huge percentage of your goals from corners if you have the right players.

Archived