Unrealistic Transfer Fees?

In a way i guess yes, i dont really want to sell, but i have a price, much like City are saying here, the £40m or £86m or whatever may be designed to scare away the bidding team, but if they then come back with something like that figure then my mind can be changed and a deal can be done.

Regarding the bold - every player does. However, when you put an offer back, you are saying "I will sell at this price". However, by explicitly putting a price down, you are contradicting the "I don't want to sell" bit.

If I don't want to sell something, it is up to the person who wants to buy to show me the money. I'd rather not concern myself with figuring out a value and possibly entering into negotiations unless they are really serious about buying.

If you aren't interested in selling, to me, the most sensible way of saying this is "I'm not interested in selling."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well i refuse to believe it exists, i have now done 10 new starts on the demo, started as City and every single time the board step in above Wenger and accept the £120M, unless someone can prove this has happened its made up as far as im concerned.

Its not a bug, he has bid for Richards, they have basically come back saying we dont want to sell him but if you throw us a crazy amount of money we will sell him to you. Its up to the user to either walk away or keep negotiating. The forums would be flooded with complaints if the AI teams simply said no even if you started bidding unrealistic amounts of money.

Try offering £80 mil then see what happens. Arsenal would sell for £30 mil guaranteed.

Try offering £80 mil then see what happens. Arsenal would sell for £30 mil guaranteed.

How can something be guaranteed if it hasn't happened in real life. Until a team offers for Sagna in real-life we will never know what is guaranteed in regards to what they would accept.

They sold Fabregas because he has stated for 2 years he would like to go back to Barcelona, they sold Nasri because he wanted to go. Which I am a believer of if a player doesn't want to play for you then they can go.

Sagna has not stated anywhere that he wants to go, he is Arsenal's best FB therefore a really important player. I don't think Arsenal are in that bad of a financial situation, so I don't think they would accept £30M if Sagna doesn't say he wants to go, if he does then thats different.

Regarding the bold - every player does. However, when you put an offer back, you are saying "I will sell at this price". However, by explicitly putting a price down, you are contradicting the "I don't want to sell" bit.

If I don't want to sell something, it is up to the person who wants to buy to show me the money. I'd rather not concern myself with figuring out a value and possibly entering into negotiations unless they are really serious about buying.

If you aren't interested in selling, to me, the most sensible way of saying this is "I'm not interested in selling."

No im not what i am saying is "i dont want to sell, but if you massively overpay me you can have him".

I like seeing what my options are at all times, i might not want to sell but again with the right money it can let me re-build other areas of the team, or change formation or style, especially if i have struggled to be as successful if i wanted to be, so i might not be interested in selling player x but if selling him lets me buy player y and z then use formation B then my interest might change.

No im not what i am saying is "i dont want to sell, but if you massively overpay me you can have him".

However, you shouldn't have to set a large fee to do this - a simple "no" should suffice, given that everyone knows every player has a price.

The AI should be smart enough to realise this simple fact, and interpret "no" as "show me the money".

This way, we don't get threads like this where people believe player X gets a selling price that is obscene.

However, you shouldn't have to set a large fee to do this - a simple "no" should suffice, given that everyone knows every player has a price.

The AI should be smart enough to realise this simple fact, and interpret "no" as "show me the money".

This way, we don't get threads like this where people believe player X gets a selling price that is obscene.

No because when you say no, your are saying no. What i am saying is "not unless you throw cash at me", there is a difference.

No because when you say no, your are saying no. What i am saying is "not unless you throw cash at me", there is a difference.

But everyone knows that everything has a price, so when you say "no", the "but throw cash at me" is implicit.

But everyone knows that everything has a price, so when you say "no", the "but throw cash at me" is implicit.

not at all, if City were to bid for Rooney in real life they would say no and that would be the final answer, no amount of money would change that answer, you could prob say the same for Messi, you would be very hard pushed to persuade barca to sell him for any amount of money

not at all, if City were to bid for Rooney in real life they would say no and that would be the final answer, no amount of money would change that answer, you could prob say the same for Messi, you would be very hard pushed to persuade barca to sell him for any amount of money
But you just said that every player has their price.

But you just said that every player has their price.

To me every player has their price, i dont run Man U or any other club in real life so i cant say exactly who would accept what, but i think its a given that United would not sell him to City for any amount of money.

To me every player has their price, i dont run Man U or any other club in real life so i cant say exactly who would accept what, but i think its a given that United would not sell him to City for any amount of money.
I disagree. If City bid £1b, we would bite their hands off.

Even Rooney has a price.

I offered 25M euro cash for mario fernandes and they refused asking for 48M , is this realistic ? I don't think so.

since when does brasilian clubs reject 25M euros cash for a 19 years old defender ?

he might be a good youngster and maybe the club regards him high but still I can't recall when some brazilian club rejected a real offer of 25M for a defender.

Ever since Lula managed to fix the Brazilian economy, and the clubs realised that because the Real was now a strong and valuable currencey, they could afford to hold off on accepting every transfer that comes in (Brazilian players still leave, but now they are usually a bit older and more experienced and dearer when sold) and could even afford to bring back some still top players into the bargain.

Some of you people clearly have never worked in sales. You don't ever ask somebody to pay market value for something as a first offer, not least when the product, or in this instance, the player is still worth something to your club. Its called high-balling. It helps to separate your market to find people who are genuinely interested in zed purchase and those that are just messing about. 20m is merely a starting offer to either begin negotiations or state your intentional worth of the product.

But once again, if a player has two years left on his contract and is perfectly happy at a club why should they just sell for whatever figure somebody deems appropriate? The odds are stacked in favour of the seller not the buyer. Players values will fluctuate depending on the length of their contract and their status within the club.

its not about negotiating anything! Its £86million, if you offer less they just come back with £86million again.

The real problem, as I see it, is that I can't inflate my own player's value to anything close to those levels. If I have a 6.25 million fullback, at BEST I'm going to get 15 mill for him, and if I don't sell I'm going to have to deal with an unhappy player. CPU-controlled teams never seem to have to handle unhappy players, so they just reject bids they don't like and set the fees insanely high.

I have no problem with them setting the fees high, I just think that their players should be upset when the club turns down a perfectly good offer for them AND they want to go. I understand Rafael may not want to leave, but this problem exists (or, at least, did in FM11) regardless of what teams are involved; if I'm Manchester United, and I really want a winger from Wolves, that winger from Wolves should be pissed at the club when they turn down a reasonable offer. To date, that's NEVER happened for me, and that's not realistic; it would be equally unrealistic to have it happen all the time, of course, but it's silly that it never happens at all.

The real problem, as I see it, is that I can't inflate my own player's value to anything close to those levels. If I have a 6.25 million fullback, at BEST I'm going to get 15 mill for him, and if I don't sell I'm going to have to deal with an unhappy player. CPU-controlled teams never seem to have to handle unhappy players, so they just reject bids they don't like and set the fees insanely high.

I have no problem with them setting the fees high, I just think that their players should be upset when the club turns down a perfectly good offer for them AND they want to go. I understand Rafael may not want to leave, but this problem exists (or, at least, did in FM11) regardless of what teams are involved; if I'm Manchester United, and I really want a winger from Wolves, that winger from Wolves should be pissed at the club when they turn down a reasonable offer. To date, that's NEVER happened for me, and that's not realistic; it would be equally unrealistic to have it happen all the time, of course, but it's silly that it never happens at all.

Unfortunately, it has never happened to you. I have had many players on FM11 that have become unhappy because their club didn't accept a bid.

Archived