OFL (Oceania Football League) - Game Thread

Dave.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maki Gerard Malessas has a CA of 99 and a PA of 115.

- Having guessed the CA exactly correct, Jim Bowman receives a small reputation boost and financial prize for his club Nouméa Nouyua Aha.

- David Ginsberg and Amit Patel guessed 112 for PA, which at 3 off is the joint closest. The two of them receive a 5 CA and PA increase to a random first team player.

- The closest of our 11 representatives was Henry Clapham, who's CA guess of 96 was 3 out. He earns a relatively large boost to the Cook Islands' economy.

In addition, all chairmen who made a guess at the player's abilities have earned a 2 CA boost to their current managers.

This should be a good boost for the Cook Islands, both internationally and it could help Rarotonga Sports get promoted.

I can only agree with what you're saying.

Dave, I was wondering.. Can we have, in the next update, the list of the current managers of the clubs, please? It would be nice to see if our clubs are in good hands. :D

Dave, I was wondering.. Can we have, in the next update, the list of the current managers of the clubs, please? It would be nice to see if our clubs are in good hands. :D

You certainly can. Although it may not mean too much to you all, they're all randomised managers, and I didn't want to divulge their CA and PA.

SEASON 2012/13

logo-ofc-100.gif

LEAGUE COMPETITIONS

OCEANIA FOOTBALL LEAGUE

OFL-2.png

The Champions' League curse continued this season - with two sides involved in it at the wrong end of the table. Auckland FC were the league champions last season, but this time they finished dead last in the OFL, and will be a Conference side next year. Canterbury FC also had a stinker, but were able to keep themselves alive, just, by virtue of the promotion/relegation playoffs. Western Island FC of the Solomons were less fortunate, slipping into the playoffs for the first time two games from the end of the season and finding themselves unable to prevent the drop. The other relegated team were last season's OFC champs, Vaivase-tai. It seems the only safeguard against the Champions' League curse is to be New Caledonian. And that brings us to more positive matters, at the top of the table. Neither Le Mont-Doré United or Nouméa Nouyua Aha were able to secure the title, but they'll both be very happy with second and third, and another season in the Champions' League together. Pineapple Express of Fiji will join them, and of course so will AC Thunderstruck. The New Zealanders came with in an inch of relegation last season, but pulled together to mount an unexpected title challenge, and will be very pleased with the campaign's exploits.

OCEANIA FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

OFC-2.png

Northern Marianas minnows MP United raised a few eyebrows with their capture of the OFC title, and will find themselves in the OFL next season along with Papara FC of Tahiti, promoted after a two year absence. Samoa's Los Expatriados came close, but couldn't oust mighty Fijians Canterbury in the playoffs. Suplhur Bay Sharks of Vanuatu were more successful in their challenge of Western Island FC, and make it two Vanuatu teams in the OFL, after having started out with none. In other news, FC Amuri have moved another whole place to 16th. There is just no stopping them.

PROMOTION/RELEGATION PLAYOFF

Relegation-2.png

SEASON 2012/13

logo-ofc-100.gif

TOP 10 OFL PLAYERS BY CA

RANK	NAME			POS	AGE	NATION		CAPS	GOALS	CLUB		VALUE	CA	PA	RANK CHANGE
1	Paul Wheeler		ST	20	Australia	14	3	Auckland Wand.	£3.62M	147	179	+2
2	David Smith		DLC	21	American Samoa	22	0	Port Moresby	£2.02M	143	175	0
3	Teo Dominici		GK	19	Samoa		16	0	Gold Star Sogi	£1.15M	139	180	+2
4	Tony Obed		DC	18	Vanuatu		0	0	Port Vila	£1.88M	137	177	new
=	Andrej Keric		AMR ST	27	Croatia		0	0	Honiara Miners	£2.48M	137	145	-3
=	Luis Bolaños		AMLC	28	Ecuador		32	3	Honiara Miners	£2.28M	137	140	0
7	Xanatare Diela		AMRLC	20	New Caledonia	18	1	Le Mont-Doré U.	£3.26M	135	159	new
=	Tresor Mputu		AMRC FC 27	DR Congo	31	12	Nouméa Nouyua	£3.56M	135	145	-1
9	Mark Piri		WB/ML	18	Cook Islands	0	0	Avarua United	£2.73M	134	180	new
10	Hans Jakis		ST	20	Papua New Gui.	16	10	Forest Rangers	£1.92M	133	173	new

TOP 10 OFL YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

RANK	NAME			POS	AGE	NATION		CAPS	GOALS	CLUB		VALUE	CA	PA	CA CHANGE
1	Alan Delannoy		DM	17	Tahiti/France	3	2	Nouméa Nouyua	£2.20M	119	186	+19
2	Darren Houser		DC DM	18	Norn. Mariana	8	0	Irea FCN	£2.19M	104	183	+8
3	Teo Dominici		GK	19	Samoa		16	0	Gold Star Sogi	£1.15M	139	180	+6
=	Mark Piri		WB/ML	18	Cook Islands	0	0	Avarua United	£2.73M	134	180	+13
=	Jake Fairclough		DC	17	Norn. Mariana	1	0	MP United	£589k	92	180	+5
6	Paul Wheeler		ST	20	Australia	14	3	Auckland Wand.	£3.62M	147	179	+12
=	Kilifi Moeaki		DC	18	Tonga		7	0	Gold Star Sogi	£1.36M	124	179	+16
=	George Lui		D/WBL	17	Solomon Islands	1	0	Irea FCN	£1.76M	122	179	+4
=	Jean-Baptiste Konaté	D/WBRL	19	Ivory Coast	0	0	Forest Rangers	£1.02M	116	179	-1
=	Joe Karang		ST	17	Vanuatu		0	0	Port Vila	£819k	101	179	new
=	Rémy Thiebault		GK	19	Tahiti/France	3	0	FC Koko		£532k	99	179	+10

TOP 10 OCEANIA PLAYERS OVERSEAS

RANK	NAME			POS	AGE	NATION		CAPS	GOALS	CLUB		VALUE	CA	PA	RANK CHANGE
1	Chris Wood		ST	21	New Zealand	40	34	West Brom	£3.99M	140	146	+2
2	Tim Cahill		AMC	33	Australia	69	25	Everton		£1.96M	138	162	-1
=	Gabriel Lafaele		DLC	21	Samoa		18	0	Stoke		£5.02M	138	150	+7
4	Winston Reid		DC	25	New Zealand	29	2	West Ham	£3.42M	136	143	+1
=	James Troisi		AMLC	25	Australia	15	1	Parma		£3.28M	135	142	+2
6	Scott McDonald		FC	29	Australia	40	17	Middlesbrough	£1.57M	134	137	+1
7	Mark Bresciano		AMRLC	33	Australia	90	18	Lazio		£1.30M	133	155	-5
=	Adam Federici		GK	28	Australia	16	0	FC Sochaux	£2.22M	133	140	new
=	Brett Holman		AMRC	29	Australia	39	4	AZ Alkmaar	£2.44M	133	138	+1
-	Luke Wilkshire		D/WB/MRC31	Australia	77	2	Dimnamo Moscow	£2.44M	133	140	-3

SEASON 2012/13

logo-ofc-100.gif

OCEANIA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

FINAL

OCL-2.png

All four Oceania Football League clubs in the competition reached the semi-finals for the first time. The New Caledonians were too good for their opponents, Le Mont-Doré beating Canterbury FC and Nouméa Nouyua Aha beating Auckland FC 6-1 and 6-3 respectively. Game, set, match. In the final, things were a lot closer as the two titans of the most successful nation (club wise) so far battled it out. Indeed, it took penalties to separate them, with Le Mont-Doré's keeper Romain Munier proving the hero.

This season truly is the most surprising. Auckland FC looked so strong last season but their focus was clearly too misdirected this season- 3 cup finals, 1 victory but dead last in the league. I expect them to come straight back up this season- on the same note, the dangerous Canterbury FC will be very relieved that they survived. I'm a bit disappointed with Rarotonga Sports who I had tipped for promotion, but I'm sure they will improve next season.

With regards to my own club, I'm mightily pleased with the consistency and solid improvement- we have scored much more goals this season (in fact the most in the league) and our defence has stayed strong again, this time conceding the least in the league. It seems as though the money spent in the transfer window was well spent. One point behind the leaders is very encouraging, as is fellow New Caledonian's Noumea's performance. Retaining the champions league in an all New Caledonian final is particularly pleasing and makes me very proud of the club and the nation. Galtcha were only one point off the playoffs and thus I feel promotion is a realistic aim for them next season, despite the strength of the relegated sides. Finally, congratulations to the surprise package AC Thunderstruck who won their first title and keep the OFL in the hands of New Zealand.

SEASON 2012/13

logo-ofc-100.gif

MANAGER WATCH

31-0 FC

Young Heleta (ASA) 1.7.2010 -

AC Thunderstruck

Adam Day (NZL) 1.7.2010 -

AS Mana-Ura

Tehina Sang (TAH) 1.7.2010 -

Auckland FC

Michael Pearce (NZL) 1.7.2010 -

Auckland Wanderers

Allan Limmer (NZL) 1.7.2010 -

Avarua United

Cameron Nooroa (COK) 1.7.2010 -

Canterbury FC

Malakai Debalevu (FIJ) 1.7.2010 -

Champagne Beach FC

Nicolas Roronamahava (VAN) 1.7.2010 -

Emurica FC

Oj Lautoa (ASA) 1.7.2010 -

FC Amuri

Kevin Kaukura (COK) 1.7.2010 -

FC Gaïtcha

Andre Voudjo (NCL) 1.7.2010 -

FC Koko

Soren Tahitotera (TAH) 1.7.2010 -

Forest Rangers SC

Roy Paterson (PNG) 1.7.2010 -

Gold Star Sogi

Jason Luwi (SAM) 1.7.2010 -

Guamtanamera FC

Scott Santos (GUM) 1.7.2010 -

Honiara Miners

Mike Maeto (SOL) 1.7.2010 -

Irea FCN

Cliff Soeasi (SOL) 1.7.2010 -

Le Mont-Doré United

Jean-Yves Poatyie (NCL) 1.7.2010 -

Los Expatriados

Richmond Iaone (SAM) 1.7.2010 -

Melbourne United

Aaron Scali (AUS) 1.7.2010 -

MP United

Daniel Duenas (NMA) 1.7.2010 -

Navutoka

Penisimani Mafi (TNG) 1.7.2010 -

New Ireland Headhunters

Yanding Gule (PNG) 1.7.2010 -

Nouméa Nouyua Aha

Jamel Faye (NCL) 1.7.2010 -

PanSa East FC

Ace Tupuola (ASA) 1.7.2010 -

Papara FC

Kevin Samin (TAH) 1.7.2010 -

Pineapple Express FC

Josefa Bola (FIJ) 1.7.2010 -

Port Moresby Surge

Jonah Kenny (PNG) 1.7.2010 -

Port Vila Cyclones

Derek Ben (VAN) 1.7.2010 -

Rarotonga Sports

Noel Heather (COK) 1.7.2010 -

Sulphur Bay Sharks

Tom Salai (VAN) 1.7.2010 -

Suva City

Waisea Sharma (FIJ) 1.7.2010 -

Tongatapu FC

Kilifi Latu'ila (TNG) 1.7.2010 -

Tongatapu United

Tupou Talamai (TNG) 1.7.2010 -

Vaivase-tai

Richard Teuria (SAM) 1.7.2010 -

Western Island FC

Moffat Waita (SOL) 1.7.2010 -

SEASON 2012/13

logo-ofc-100.gif

INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL

2012 OLYMPIC GAMES

Olympics-1.png

An absolutely outstanding effort from Tonga. Incredible. Nobody ever predicted they would do nearly as well as this, and despite failing to qualify, they can leave London with their heads held as high as they please. A plucky draw against Holland, a slightly more nervous but close-fought defeat to Spain, and then a victory, yes, victory over the world's greatest ever side, Brazil. That wasn't on the cards. An unfortunate goal difference situation prevented the Tongans from reaching a quarter final berth, but if there was ever a promising sight for the Oceania Football Confederation, this was it.

WORLD CUP QUALIFYING

WorldCupQuals.png

New Zealand make it through to the Asia-Oceania playoff, where they will have to wait to discover their opponents. It wasn't as straightforward as they were hoping though, with a loss to Fiji making it ever so tight. But a 6-0 win over Vanuatu and a 4-2 win over Fiji in their first two games ensured their goal difference was comfortably the best. More encouragement for Oceanic football however, and perhaps in four years time we'll have a different winner.

2013 CONFEDERATIONS CUP

Confederations.png

You may remember that American Samoa won the 2012 OCE Nations cup, and with it the right to compete in the Confederations Cup; the warm-up tournament for the World Cup. It's an interesting-looking group, with neighbours and rivals Australia as well as two strong sides from South America and Europe in Colombia and Portugal. They aren't expected to make an impact, but looking at what Tonga achieved in London, perhaps American Samoa aren't as great outsiders as the bookmakers are declaring?

Tonga's incredible performance on the international stage against some of the best teams in the world is a massive boost for Oceania. With a promising draw for American Samoa, they could enhance our reputation further but it is important not to raise expectations too high as American Samoa should play with no pressure in a difficult tournament of champions, the confederations cup.

You certainly can. Although it may not mean too much to you all, they're all randomised managers, and I didn't want to divulge their CA and PA.

I'm sorry about that. I forgot that they were randomised. :rolleyes: I hope it didn't took you too much time to put the list.

As for Avarua United.. It's good to see that we have a linear progression. At this speed, maybe we'll be champions in 4 or 5 seasons. :D

Congrats to Tonga's national side for the amazing performance shown in the Olympics! Beating Brazil is just incredible.

Finaly, I'm wondering if, as the representative of our country, we can sack the national side's manager because I just don't understand why Mark Piri haven't got a single selection yet for the Cook Islands. This is a disgrace..

Finally, I'm wondering if, as the representative of our country, we can sack the national side's manager because I just don't understand why Mark Piri haven't got a single selection yet for the Cook Islands. This is a disgrace..

I would agree with this. I was going to ask about the representative's ability to - Sack/hire staff at will (must be unemployed). Which staff does this apply to? (International of own country, own club or all clubs of own country?)

2013 YOUTH TOURNAMENT - NEW CALEDONIA

OFL Clubs' Committee leader Harry Herman last month announced plans for Oceania's largest ever youth tournament. Hundreds of hopeful players gathered in Le Mont-Doré, New Caledonia this weekend in an effort to prove they had what it takes to play in the OFL. Eleven of these players were successful, and are currently in ongoing negotiations with their new clubs.

All 36 chairmen have an opportunity to bid for these players. This bid will be submitted via PM, giving a list of the three players (in order of preference) each chairman would most like to sign. Only one player will actually be allowed to join each club, though. In this PM, as well as the three players, they would like a short explanation as to why they should join your club. This, along with several other factors (club and manager rep, trophies, continental competitions, national team rep and the nation of the club) will be used to persuade him to join your side. As the OCC chief, Harry Herman will also gain a slight advantage in his persuasion, should he choose to pursue one of the 11 players. They are as follows:

Aaron Paul

Liam Rivers

Alick Taloga

Sébastian Blanc

Adrien Albert

Daniel King

Joseph Ali

Tuahiva Pahalu

Samson Qorig

Aloisi Brown

Amby Faaiuaso

Good luck in your negotiations!

My understanding is that we just choose three and rank them in order of preference- they are youth and unattached (the youth tournament is like a trialist event) so no transfer price involved and wages will be automatically given based on club (they will be youth contracts anyway). Have I got this right?

My understanding is that we just choose three and rank them in order of preference- they are youth and unattached (the youth tournament is like a trialist event) so no transfer price involved and wages will be automatically given based on club (they will be youth contracts anyway). Have I got this right?

Correct - you do not have to worry about finances, the players will get default contracts upon joining your club.

Six of the players have already been snapped up. Somewhat surprisingly, Aaron Paul rejected New Caledonian giants Le Mont-Doré United and signed for Western Island FC of the Solomons. He said that the offer of playing regular football in the Conference with a view to playing in the OFL was the driving force behind his decision. Le Mont-Doré weren't left empty-handed though, as Samoan winger Amby Faaiuaso, already with a full international cap to his name, made the move to New Caledonia. Liam Rivers, born and raised in Auckland, decided to sign with his newly-formed hometown club Auckland FC. He said that although recently suffering relegation, Sails were a huge club and he would hope to enjoy plenty of success with them. Another player signing for his hometown club was Fijian Joseph Ali, after accepting an offer from Pineapple Express. Aloisi Brown was also poised to join a local side, with Avarua United reportedly in talks with him. However, these broke down amid an offer from recently promoted Port Vila Cyclones, who were able to convince the player into signing for them. The sixth and final player to have reached an agreement with a club is Vanuatan Samson Qorig, who is now on the books of Port Moresby Surge. Qorig claimed the Papuans were the correct choice for him after three other offers were turned down, citing the attacking philosophy and reputation of manager Jonah Kenny as his reasons for joining.

All those clubs who haven't made offers yet, there are still 5 players left, and I can tell you the best of the bunch is still a free agent! For Henry Clapham and Avarua United, and Gua Ra Na and Guamtanamera FC, despite missing out so far, there is still time to bring in a young starlet, so don't worry!

Western Island FC are delighted that Aaron Paul has decided that opportunity and potential is more important than an instant short lived glamour move. It is with young and hungry players like these that our foundations shall be set for our return to the OFL and we are sure he will go on to be one of the all time greats when Papua New Guinea come calling.

Four of our remaining five youth players have now been snapped up. Rebuffed in their attempts to sign Aloisi Brown, Avarua United managed to get their hands on another promising youngster, New Caledonian full back Sébastian Blanc. After early offers from Papuans Forest Rangers SC, and American Samoans Emurica FC were turned down, Blanc was heavily expected to sign for a team in his home country. Noumea Nouyua Aha were favourites, but they missed out. However, they did instead manage to snap up Tahitian Adrien Albert. AC Thunderstruck, league champions, convinced American Samoan striker Daniel King to put pen to paper and sign for them, while former OCL participants Guamtanamera FC confirmed the signing of Tuahiva Pahalu, a Tongan defender. Sulphur Bay Sharks of Vanuatu put in bids for a reported three players, but were unsuccessful in their attempts to sign them.

All of this means there is just one player, Alick Taloga, left unattached. His father, acting as his agent, has urged any potential suitors to hurry up if they wish to sign him!

I have to express my disappointment at Blanc not choosing to join fellow New Caledonian side Noumea Nouyua Aha. I personally felt that a New Caledonian club would have best nurtured his future, but I’m sure he’ll prove me wrong in a successful future and hopefully Avarua United can develop him into an international star. I’m pleased Faaiuaso chose Le Mont-Doré United and I will do my best to give him the necessary support to help him develop. With almost all the youth players snapped up, I hope everyone has enjoyed the opportunity to invest in the future of the OFL and OFC. For those teams who missed out, feel free to message me if you wish for another youth tournament to be arranged in the near future. My door is always open.

With the youth tournament now over, ten players signed for new clubs. The continent's first event of its kind was considered a huge event, and many people are calling for it to be repeated at some point in the not-too-distant future.

I will no longer consider any bids for the final youth player. I assume he'll sign for a club of his own choosing randomly in-game.

Archived