Wow!!! Look what I did...

Newport county - took them to league one in something like 4 seasons, ..wait for it..... i did it by ensuring my gate recipts everymonth where more than my total expenses....AND i never spent a penny on transfers.... and every season my chairman sold off atleast 4 key players for a value a quater of my valuation

In my current FM11 save I've had three successive promotions with my Basingstoke side, and am 2nd in League One at present. Reached the third round of the FA while I was in the BSS/BSP too; losing 4-1 away to Portsmouth in the BSS, then forcing a replay against Leicester in the BSP. I lost the replay 3-0 I think. On a previous FM11 save with Basingstoke I beat Southampton 7-1 in the JPT first leg, whilst I was third in League Two, and they were top of League One. I drew with them in the return leg 1-1, and then went on to lose the final against someone like Leeds, very gutting.

In FM10 I won 16 consecutive Premier League titles with Southampton (won it every year since the first time I did it), and 11 consecutive Champions League titles until Chelsea finally beat me in the final of what would have been my twelfth. I've struggled since then, winning only 1 of the last 4 Champions League, which given my record is a pretty barren run! Not sure how much of an achievement those are though given that Saints are insanely rich on FM10...

Also Took Plymouth to Prem after 5, won the league cup in my last season in the championship, made Champs League in debut Season and following year Won the League. Was my fav game on fm ever because I took my time and built slowly but they are so broke I had to keep selling my best players while bringin in frees and guys who needed a second chance.

So WOW! look What I Did

Mediocre achievement was keeping Welling up despite only having 4 points and a -75 GD after 25 games. Slightly better achievement would be taking Dynamo Dresden from German Third Division to First in straight seasons and then winning the league twice in three years and getting to a Champions League final (not immediately after the promotions). I then moved to Man City and won their first league title since the start of the game (!) on the final day from Liverpool.

Taking over Bradford and taking them to the league 1 playoffs, where I lost to Barnsley (grr), in two seasons. I didn't ever manage to take them any further though and eventually left for Middlesbrough. That ranks as my best achievement because I had basically no money to spend at all at Bradford. Good loan signings though, and I found that if you have a really quick striker in league 2, it doesn't matter that their finishing stats are *****!

I took Amiens SC Football from the French Third tier to Ligue 1 over 5 years. Survived relegation for a few seasons (by the skin of my teeth few times) and then battled with a young squad to their first ever title (helped no-end by Lyon self destructing). Upped sticks and went to relegation-thretened Tottenham, but the first major trophy I've ever won on FM is my crowning achievement :).

Archived