What team are you going to manage at first on fm2012???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually start off with a team I'm most familiar with to get used to the new game, usually its Man Utd or Rangers as I quite like the set up of the SPL and the ease it is for someone like Rangers to win the league, but when I'm more used to the game I would like to manage in France, so maybe PSG. But Malaga are sure tempting but I've played in La Liga far too much.

Lille OSC. It should be an interesting start - CL league football, lost several key players to the squad this summer, will still have Hazard, with a new stadium due in the summer of 2012. Allez Les Dogues!

I'm also tempted to do a Plymouth save too, though I don't know if I have the RL time to be able to properly commit to such a big challenge...

I usually prefer to start a file w/ a team that has a new coach (so I'm not "stealing" anyone's job...lol) or just had a midseason change the prior year. For FM12 my top candidates are:

Juventus

Inter

Palermo

Roma

Genoa

Aston Villa

Porto

Lyon

Bordeaux *cross fingers for tycoon*

Sochaux *cross fingers for tycoon*

Auxerre *cross fingers for tycoon*

Malaga

other nominees just cuz I want to play:

Bayern

Dortmund

Everton

PSV

Ajax

Zenit

If there's a quick Level 8 addition, I'll be starting as Sheffield F.C. If there's a quick Level 10 addition, it'll be Hallam F.C. If neither, it'll be a random BSN/BSS side which I'll use as a springboard until I get my ideal job as manager at Sheffield Wednesday but that's one I've got to earn. Either way, there'll be Premiership visitors to the Steel City by 2020.

Archived