Sweeping Changes ??!!?? - (Experiment Thread)

May 31st 2011 Update - End of Season 1

Below are two screenshots to show how things are shaping up in our sweeper experiment.

The first is a modified version of the search screen within FM11:

may31stsearchscreen.jpg

The second is of FM Genie Scout, with more of the hidden values:

may31st2011geniescout.jpg

We are starting to see some action for our boys!!!

Our main obvious split between the sweepers in this first season has been those that were transfered in the January transfer window and those that were not.

Three of our transfered players have begun to see a good amount of action.

Crawley Sweeper has been shifted to the FC Bayern II team and played 10 games in the lower German divisions with them.

R&D Sweeper similarly was moved to the Schalke II team and put in an outstanding half season with them, playing 21 games and averaging over 7.5.

Arguably the current highlight though would be Forest Green Sweeper, who is co-owned by Sevilla & Sevilla Atletico. He is currently plying his trade for the latter of the two, where he made 13 second half of the season appearances, scoring once, creating 7 and averaging 7.95

Two other Sweepers saw minimal playing time, those being Newport Sweeper (at Lyon) and Wrexham Sweeper (and Ajax). All others have yet to be given a chance to impress their new employers.

For the 13 sweepers who stayed at their hometown clubs for the entire season the history books will all read the same, horrendously discarded by teams whose talent level is vastly inferior to their gifts. It is quite shocking that a team such as Histon, whose max player CA outside of the sweeper is between 50-60, would not incorporate a 125 CA player into their set-up.

Granted the scenario stretches the realm of possibility, but I would have hoped for at least some action for our sweepers in the combined 18.5 seasons they were in the BSP (13 full seasons, 11 half seasons).

The upside for these players is that all 13 have interest in them. Well actually, 12 have interest in them and 1 already have a transfer signed and it is not to a place I was expecting to see one of our Sweepers go to.

On June 6th 2011 Wimbledon Sweeper will be taking his talents to Saudi Arabia (excuse the now aging LeBron pun)....

So, part of our experiment is Saudi bound. Will be interesting to see what kind of wage and contract he is being given. My presumption is also that he will see significant playing time, so perhaps this unlikely destination will be advantageous in the long run if he is able to hone his skills with first team competition.

One interesting note on our (for the most part) advancing CA's, is that there is no real split yet between those at larger clubs and those still in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

Kettering Sweeper at Inter leads the way at 138, but Histon Sweeper still in Histon is just 1 behind at 137.

At the other end Altrincham Sweeper is still at 124, but 7 other sweepers are still at the original 125, including those now at Ajax, Schalke (with lots of games under his belt) and Bayern (again with games).

Transfer Interest

Altrincham

Major: Udinese

Minor: West Ham, POrto, Benfica, At Madrid, Palermo

Barrow

Major: Fiorentina, Genoa

Minor:

Bath

Major: AC Milan, Roma, Napoli, Udinese

Minor: Fiorentina, Genoa, Porto

Cambridge

Major: Fiorentina, Genoa, Lazio, Porto

Minor:

Darlington

Major: Bordeaux, PSG, Werder Bremen, Lazio, Benfica, Palermo

Fleetwood

Major: West Ham

Minor: Fiorentina, Genoa, At Madrid, Palermo

Gateshead

Major: West Ham, Udinese, Palermo

Hayes & Yeading

Major: Fiorentina, Porto, At Madrid

Minor: Genoa

Histon

Major: Genoa

Minor:

Kidderminster

Major: AC Milan, Roma, Porto, Benfica, At Madird

Minor: Fiorentina, Genoa

Tamworth

Major: West Ham, Lazio, At Madrid, Palermo

Minor: Fiorentina, Genoa

York

Major: Bordeaux, Werder Bremen, Benfica

Minor: Fiorentina, Porto, Palermo

Very obvious to see from the list of interested clubs that English teams are currently showing very little interest in our young English sweepers. Italy, Spain and France leading the chase for their signatures.

Will Fiorentina, Genoa and Porto finally land a sweeper after being interested in seemingly all of them?

The only English club currently showing interest is West Ham, still managed by Israeli Avram Grant.

Will England's big four show late interest......

Let me know your thoughts on recent developments!

Also, let me know what you want to see in the update posts

Glad my Luton Sweeper is excited to work under Redknapp.

Slightly gutted he unlearnt his arguing with officials haha!

Any look like changing into D R/L/C's?

No signs yet of learning new positions (I added the SW, DR, DL, DC & DM columns to the far right of the Genie Scout screenshot so we can see when some start evolving).

Any reason Forest Green is green? Or is it just as you had him selected?

Amazed to see my sale value £22mil.

Nice to see i am playing quite a few games and playing very well indeed, would be nice to get some england games soon :)

Any reason Forest Green is green? Or is it just as you had him selected?

Amazed to see my sale value £22mil.

Nice to see i am playing quite a few games and playing very well indeed, would be nice to get some england games soon :)

I believe it is because he is co-owned

Random Summer Updates As I Play Through

June 14th - Wimbledon Sweeper arrives at Al-Ittihad on 15.5k wages!!

June 23rd - Kidderminster Sweeper signs for Arsenal for an initial 425k, which may rise to 550k

June 27th - Bath Sweeper signs for Aston Villa for 35k (not a typo, pure bargain!) - Gerard Houllier straight into his favorite personnel list too

July 17th - Hayes & Yeading Sweeper signs for Porto for 130k

July 24th - Histon Sweeper (me, YAY finally! :)) signs for AC Milan for 120k

August 1st - Gateshead Sweeper signs for Roma for 150k

August 6th - Fiorentina finally land a sweeper! Cambridge Sweeper making the move for 95k

August 9th - Fleetwood Sweeper signs for West Ham for 85k

Ok, time to save everything and shut the PC down - tornado warnings for the town next to us and storms are a brewing :D

September 5th 2011 Update

Four transfer to round off our transfer window activity;

August 17th - Palermo sign Darlington Sweeper for 170k

August 17th - Udinese sign Altrincham Sweeper for 70k

August 30th - HSV sign York Sweeper for 95k

August 31st - Chelsea sign Barrow Sweeper for 120k

Below is an updated Genie Scout Screenshot with a few more additional columns of detail.

sept5th2011geniescout.jpg

So now we have only 1 sweeper still at their initial BSP club and still yet to play a game for them :(

We can now see what squad the players are currently in at their club and international level.

7 England u19 internationals

1 England u21 international

It will be interesting to see how this year unfolds, as it may be a tipping point for many sweepers. Some have definitely begun their rise to stardom it appears (Wimbledon Sweeper), others have promising paths ahead of them and yet some are stagnating and in desperate need of a career jolt.

Going to keep this update short and advance the experiment onto just after the January transfer window to see who begins to force their way into first team / squad thoughts.

Will Tamworth Sweeper escape his footballing hell?

Will any of the 11 sweepers currently available for loan find a temporary home to polish their skills?

What sort of formation are England u19s playing? I saw 3 of the sweepers started. Did they just play 3 across the back?

Hope my guy starts to get a few games!

Regular 442, with the sweepers playing out of position in the back four currently

Ok, so I lost my post that went between this :(

Feb 2013 Update

Search Screen Info

feb2013searchscreen.jpg

Genie Scout Info

feb2013geniescout.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Transfer Action

Dec 1st 2012 - Alex Ferguson chases Wrexham Sweeper who still has 3 years left on his contract at Ajax

Dec 22nd 2012 - Wimbledon Sweeper signs a new 3 yr deal at Al-Ittihad, earning 56k a week!!!

Dec 31st - Man Utd make a 2.4m offer for Ajax's Wrexham Sweeper

Jan 1st 2013 - Man Utd offer withdrawn

Jan 24th 2013 - Ajax's Wrexham Sweeper fined 2 weeks wages for missing training

Games / Positions updates

Histon - 1 club game (DC) - 1 int youth game (DC)

Barrow - 1 club reserve game (DC) - 1 int youth game (DC)

Forest Green - 0 club games at a high enough lvl - 3 int youth games (2 at DC, 1 at MC - scored a 10 at MC!)

Cambridge Sweeper - 0 club games - 12 int youth games (3 at DC, 3 at DL, 6 at DR)

Southport Sweeper - 0 club games - 1 int youth game (DL)

Newport Sweeper - - 0 club games at a high enough lvl - 3 int youth games (2 at DC, 1 at DL)

Darlington Sweeper - no games

Gateshead Sweeper - 0 club games - 3 int youth games (2 at DR, 1 at DL)

Luton Sweeper - 0 club games - 10 int youth games (5 at DC, 5 at DL)

Altrincham Sweeper - no games

Rushden & Diamonds Sweeper - no games at high enough level

Crawley Sweeper - no games at high enough level

Wimbledon Sweeper - close season at club level, no stats - 8 int youth games (7 at DC, 1 at DR)

Bath Sweeper - no games

Tamworth Sweeper - no games

York Sweeper - no games at high enough level

Hayes & Yeading Sweeper - 1 games (AT SWEEPER!!)

Wrexham Sweeper - no games at high enough level

Grimsby Sweeper - no games at high enough level

Kettering Sweeper - 0 club games - 1 youth int (DR)

Eastbourne Sweeper - 0 club games - 2 youth int (1 DC, 1 MC)

Kidderminster Sweeper - no games

Mansfield Sweeper - no games

Fleetwood Sweeper - 2 club reserve games (2 DC)

So, we have Hayes & Yeading Sweeper now playing in his natural position at Porto!

Many of our sweepers are not yet playing in games which register on the Positions screen, but they are seeing action in the clubs reserves or u23 games. Some, sadly are just not playing period

Our Saudi based Sweeper is now on 56k a week and looked at as a key player in the squad

feb2013saudi.jpg

After the initial rush for the Sweepers to find pastures new, we now appear to be in stabilizing period. Many are settled and breaking into their teams higher squads, but I expect we will soon see action on the transfer rumor front as some of our ignored players begin to become unhappy with their situations.

Current Sweeper Reputations

Continental

Wimbledon Sweeper, Southport Sweeper, Newport Sweeper, Kettering Sweeper

National

Histon Sweeper, Barrow Sweeper, Forest Green Sweeper, Cambridge Sweeper, Darlington Sweeper, Gateshead Sweeper, Luton Sweeper, Altrincham Sweeper, Rushden & Diamonds Sweeper, Crawley Sweeper, York Sweeper, Hayes & Yeading Sweeper, Wrexham Sweeper, Grimsby Sweeper, Eastbourne Sweeper, Kidderminster Sweeper, Mansfield Sweeper

Regional

Fleetwood Sweeper, Bath Sweeper, Tamworth Sweeper

So I move to the world's greatest youth facilities, having picked Determination as my key attribute in order to train as hard as possible to improve quickly, and what happens? I'm the only guy that doesn't improve his ability at all. Then to top it off I act as a spoiled brat because Ajax don't want to let me move to Manure.

Let's just say this isn't working out the way I predicted. :(

Archived