The Rangers F.C Thread: Season 06/07

I think the behaviour is stuff like refusing to play for the reserves and just taking the money - although he did have Eck deciding to play Wattereus all the time and then Le Guen playing Letizi/McGregor

McGregor was quite glowing about him though, saying he's taught him everything he knows and been great to train with for the last 8 years

and no I'm not sure icon_wink.gif

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall McLeish saying that he wouldn't insult Klos by sticking him in the reserves. I think he's been brilliant for you and even though he's on a big wage for hee haw he's been loyal by sticking with you and not moving on.

What's the thoughts on Thomson so far?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

I recall McLeish saying that he wouldn't insult Klos by sticking him in the reserves. I think he's been brilliant for you and even though he's on a big wage for hee haw he's been loyal by sticking with you and not moving on.

What's the thoughts on Thomson so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mixed, I think he's got the ability but it sometimes seems that he, Ferguson and Hemdani are all trying to play in the same area of the pitch.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you lot still think you will get Brown? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully, we need some more hard working players who are going to put in a good shift.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What's the thoughts on Thomson so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's been alright. Hasn't impressed in a couple of games and hasn't really shone either apart from a very good performance in the Old Firm match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

xclusive! Gers Sign Darcheville

by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS have beaten off top French clubs to capture one of the best Bosmans in the European market Jean-Claude Darcheville on a two-year contract.

Chief Executive Martin Bain has clinched the deal which will see Darcheville sign up in the summer when his contract with Bordeaux ends.

And manager Walter Smith is thrilled to have captured the lightning fast forward, who earned the nickname of "The Rocket" in French football.

Darcheville, 31, has been a top player for Bordeaux this season and they were keen for him to extend his stay for a further two years.

It us understood that rivals Monaco were also in the market to utilise the striking talents of the Frenchman, who was born in Guyana.

However, Rangers have beaten them both off to sign up Darcheville for the new campaign.

Ironically, it was Paul Le Guen who helped Darcheville break into the French scene when he was manager of Rennes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• SI Staff

We need someone with a bit of pace. I think he's the type of player who might complement Boyd quite well.

Why did I think he was a tall, strong, white man though? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

it doesn't inspire me with confidence that beside the link, there's Top 20: Comedy Moments (Vol. 1) and Top 20: Football Misses (Vol. 1) icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darcheville's dive icon13.gif hope that's not what we'll be seeing icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

xclusive! Gers Sign Darcheville

by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS have beaten off top French clubs to capture one of the best Bosmans in the European market Jean-Claude Darcheville on a two-year contract.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure thing Lindsay

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hagi [romania kick ass]:

31 years old ? Im going to reserve judegment on the guy for now, but honest to god, if this is a sign of things to come then there isnt much hope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not all your signings will be that old, you have Kirk Broadfoot and Alan Gow remember

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

What's the thoughts on Thomson so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been massively impressed with him, though I get the feeling he won't fully be able to shine with Ferguson in the side alongside him, as they're too similar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Years Club App (Gls)*

1995-98 Stade Rennais 42 (5)

1998-99 Nottingham Forest 16 (2)

1999-02 FC Loriet 102 (44)

2002- FC G de Bordeaux 124 (36)

</pre>

Prolific </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We dont need a prolific scorer, we need someone that will do the donkey work for Boyd, i'm not saying JCD will do this, but we should know better than to write someone off before they actually get a chance.

I'm all for his signing, a free transfer.... better than wasting £1.8 million on a foreign dud..... oh wait. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Sebo will come good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha Good one bigot

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Anyone know an online site where I can get a bet on Klos scoring at any time on Sunday? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just walk into any bookies.

I'm sure they'd be glad to take your money. icon_smile.gif

Thought I'd share my interview with Gordon Smith today with you chaps...

http://www.gersnetonline.net/newsite/index.php?option=c...view&id=409&Itemid=2

On a personal level, I don't think there is anyone in the Scottish game right now that I respect more than Gordon.

I've been fortunate enough to meet him a few times now and I have experienced first hand just how selfless he is. For that, I honestly hope that some time in the near future Gordon will be working for the club instead of the BBC.

As for the interview, as usual Scotland's best pundit makes a lot of sense and I hope his wise words are read by every online fan so we can approach a new season with renewed optimism and more united than ever before.

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McD:

Got your email, Frankie. Will reply fully tomorrow mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem mate. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner: May 3RD

Nice to see the yearly Alan Smith story has been trotted out in the tabloids again.

Next week Robbie Fowler and Kevin Phillips(he still playing?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah damn I was close icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> While Robbie Fowler prepares to bid Anfield farewell for the second and final time tomorrow, with Rangers joining Bolton Wanderers as contenders for his signature </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what are you boasting about? icon_biggrin.gif

I knew this would be the "whaur are our holidays" sort of game, so I settled for the Premiership games

probably get gumped by Aberdeen next week as well icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hairy Coo:

Here ah don't get the chance to gloat very often icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll give you your moment of glory - it's only fair since we're going to take Steven Naismith. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hairy Coo:

For peanuts likely tae icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 packets of Rizla and 2 ginger bottles is what I've heard.

Archived