The Rangers F.C Thread: Season 06/07

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Toner you bastard. icon_frown.gif

Any chance of emailing me those files btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent them on Tuesday the email in your profile icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries, I'd been checking my unimail account.

Got them, will try and do a bit of work on them on Tuesday.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Today's latest link is Bordeaux and Morocco forward Marouane Chamakh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Update your list icon_biggrin.gif

Done icon_mad.gif

Players linked Summer 2007

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Player Source

Paul Konchesky Various Newspapers

Steven Whittaker The Sun

Robbie Neilson Daily Record

David McNamee Herald

Richard Wright Various

Jamie Langfield The Sun

Erol Bulut Was on trial

Pascal Feindouno Various

Roy Carroll Various

Lee McCulloch Various

Javad Nekounam The Times

Carlos Cuellar Evening Times/The Sun

Gary Naysmith Various

Danny Koevermans Dutch news

Petter Hansson No idea

David Healy The Sun

Emile Mpenza The Sun

Marcil Wasilewski No Idea

Steven Naismith Various

Russell Anderson NOTW

Alan Smith hahaha various

Robbie Fowler News of the world

Bosko Balaban Various

Gary O'Connor The Sun

Walter Pandiani Spanish News

Andrea Carriaciola Ch4 website

Andy Todd NOTW

Claudio Pizarro Daily Record

Ivan Alonso

Grzegorz Rasiak

Scott Sinclair

DeMarcus Beasley Various

Mart Poom

Atiba Hutchinson Danish Newspaper

Giorgos Efrem Cypriot wesbites

Mika Vayrynen Various

Marouane Chamakh Evening Times

</pre>

I'd add teams and values but I know i'd mess up the coding icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TM:

how much? he's always winning European football of the year, golden shoes in FM but I've never bought him icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No fee quoted but i'm guessing it'll be a fair few million which puts him out our range.

Celtic want whoever we get linked with, surprised they haven't offered £20m for Beasley and they didn't offer for Pizarro (although we never really went after him) icon_wink.gif

I think if we can somehow get dodgy Dave to make a bid that gets accepted, Naismith will chose us over the dark side - but I think that's very unlikely

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sunderland have supposedly bid £2.5m for Naismith but he doesn't want to move south at this point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that not just some Killie fan on FF trying to wind everyone up?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

From what I gather the debt stands at £5.9m with a £22m bank loan paid back at £1m pa for 22 years. Anyone know when the new accounts for the season passed are released? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's correct. In February we also reported a reduced turnover and small loss (no CL football or retail any more) of around £1.5million.

The new figures will be released in or around September - not sure if they will take into account any transfer monies spent this summer.

Glad I read that right then so I am right in saying we have £23m in the bank? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

That loan was recieved and used a number of years ago IIRC. As such, technically, we're around £30million in debt.

Where are you finding that?

25. ANALYSIS OF NET DEBT

At Cash At

1 July Flow Acquisition 30 June

2005 2006

£’000 £’000 £’000 £’000

Cash at bank and in hand 5,609 2,425 - 8,034

Bank overdraft - ( 949 ) - ( 949 )

5,609 1,476 - 7,085

Short term bank deposits - 15,000 - 15,000

5,609 16,476 - 22,085

Bank loan ( 22,000 ) - - ( 22,000 )

Other loan ( 1,773 ) 750 ( 250 ) ( 1,273 )

Finance Leases ( 4,984 ) 289 - ( 4,695 )

Net Debt ( 23,148 ) 17,515 ( 250 ) ( 5,883 )

</pre>

icon_smile.gif

Hmmm... I think that may be the rest of the initial JJB payment which is being held in reserve. I guess that £14.5million could be considered cash in hand but I'm really not sure.

Accounts (and especially RFC accounts) are not easy to understand and it's far from being my forte. icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The new club editor is annoying Ter, you can't actually add minus numbers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing to do with me! icon_biggrin.gif

At the end of the day, as of those accounts, we're £5.9million in debt with arguably £14.5million available to use at any time.

Obviously, like last year, this is more likely to be released to the proft/loss accounts on a yearly basis though.

The £22million loan was organised a number of years ago I'm sure, so has essentially been spent. We're simply starting to pay if off now.

I have a meeting with someone tomorrow evening who may be able to shed some light on this. I'll try to remember to ask him for you as he's an accountant... icon_smile.gif

Thankfully I have already overrated enough players so this is the only snag icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheat. Your mask is slipping.

Players linked Summer 2007

Player Source

Paul Konchesky Various Newspapers

Steven Whittaker The Sun

Robbie Neilson Daily Record

David McNamee Herald

Richard Wright Various

Jamie Langfield The Sun

Erol Bulut Was on trial

Pascal Feindouno Various

Roy Carroll Various

Lee McCulloch Various

Javad Nekounam The Times

Carlos Cuellar Evening Times/The Sun

Gary Naysmith Various

Danny Koevermans Dutch news

Petter Hansson No idea

David Healy The Sun

Emile Mpenza The Sun

Marcil Wasilewski No Idea

Steven Naismith Various

Russell Anderson NOTW

Alan Smith hahaha various

Robbie Fowler News of the world

Bosko Balaban Various

Gary O'Connor The Sun

Walter Pandiani Spanish News

Andrea Carriaciola Ch4 website

Andy Todd NOTW

Claudio Pizarro Daily Record

Ivan Alonso

Grzegorz Rasiak

Scott Sinclair

DeMarcus Beasley Various

Mart Poom

Atiba Hutchinson Danish Newspaper

Giorgos Efrem Cypriot wesbites

Mika Vayrynen Various

Marouane Chamakh Evening Times

Matthias Bjarsmyr Swedish News

Graeme Smith Various

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

Thankfully I have already overrated enough players so this is the only snag icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheat. Your mask is slipping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pfft wait till they see Sebo hitting the 40 goal mark next season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Spanish defender Carlos Cuellar has begged Osasuna not to stand in the way of a possible move to Rangers.

The 25-year-old was reportedly the recent subject of a failed £1m bid from Ibrox manager Walter Smith.

But Cuellar told the Daily Record: "I just hope I don't lose this chance because my mind is already in Glasgow.

"Osasuna know it is my wish to sign for Rangers but I do understand they will only let me go when they are happy with the price. That is their right."

Cuellar, a one time trialist with Leeds, played against Rangers in last season's Uefa Cup.

He starred in the 1-1 draw at Ibrox but was an unused substitute in the return leg - a 1-0 win for Osasuna.

"I just hope everything gets sorted soon because I just want to get my suitcase packed and get started in Glasgow," added Cuellar.

"I would love to play for Rangers and I have made that clear to Osasuna." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lad wants to be here so lets hope we can get him signed up icon14.gif

See we are still mentioned regarding Alan Smith in the article about him possibly leaving Man Utd, I would absolutely LOVE it if we somehow pulled out the money to sign Smithy, He has all the qualities we need in a striker, it won't happen though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> RANGERS targets DaMarcus Beasley and Carlos Cuellar today sent out clear "come and get us" messages to the Ibrox club.

Beasley netted twice for the United States in the 4-0 win over El Salvador in the Gold Cup at the Gillette Stadium in Massachusetts early today.

Cuellar has begged La Liga cracks Osasuna not to scupper his move to Scotland after they reportedly rejected a £1m bid from Rangers. And Romanian defender Razvan Dinca Rat, who plays for Ukrainian club Shakhtar Donetsk, says he has been approached by the Ibrox side.

Beasley's double helped Bob Bradley's troops maintain their unbeaten record in the tournament ahead of their quarter-final appearance on Saturday. The PSV Eindhoven ace, who spent last season on loan at Manchester City, is currently on top of Walter Smith's shopping list.

It is believed Smith has agreed a fee of £700,000 for DaMarcus and will meet the player in America within 24 hours to finalise the move. And Cuellar has begged La Liga cracks Osasuna not to scupper his move to Scotland after they reportedly rejected a £1m bid from Rangers.

The 25-year-old defender's representatives have agreed his personal terms, but Osasuna are believed to want a £2.7m transfer fee.

Cuellar said: "I just hope I don't lose this chance because my mind is already in Glasgow.

"Osasuna know it is my wish to sign for Rangers, but I do understand they will only let me go when they are happy with the price. That is their right.

"But I just hope everything gets sorted soon as I just want to get my suitcase packed and get started in Glasgow. I would love to play for Rangers. I have made that clear to Osasuna.

"There is a lot of passion in Scottish football and that's what I find so attractive. I know the Spanish players who have played there all love it, especially the support they get from the fans.

"I also like the style of football over there, full of passion and energy."

Romanian defender Razvan Dinca Rat, who plays for Ukranian club Shakhtar Donetsk, has today been linked with a move to Ibrox.

The 25-year-old defender said: "I have heard of a few rumours, but I don't know of anything concrete. There have been offers from Holland, Greece and even Scotland."

Rangers are already believed to be closing in on Kilmarnock starlet Stevie Naismith, Wigan's Lee McCulloch and Killie second-choice keeper Graeme Smith.

And first choice keeper Allan McGregor is reported to be in line for a contract that will tie him to Ibrox until 2011 on double the money he is already on.

Meanwhile, with new players on the way, Karl Svensson, Thomas Buffel, Libor Sionko are believed to be heading for the Ibrox exit door. Sasa Papac, too, has been linked with a move to St Etienne in France. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">See we are still mentioned regarding Alan Smith in the article about him possibly leaving Man Utd, I would absolutely LOVE it if we somehow pulled out the money to sign Smithy, He has all the qualities we need in a striker, it won't happen though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smith was absolutely terrible in the England match against Brazil that I watched. I've always thought he's been a bit overrated to be honest but if we were able to get him then I'm sure he'd do well in the SPL. There's no chance though. The fee and wages would be too high.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hoping we get Beasley tied up, think he could be a useful player for us. Wish the McCulloch stuff would just drop though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I strangely agree, but from what I've heard it would seem McCulloch would be more suited to the SPL than Beasley. I guess it's hard to say how a player will do until he plays.

If it's only £700,000 then it's a worthy gamble IMO.

Yeah its definately a risk but as you say a worthy gamble. He could come in and fail to be able to deal with the more physical side of it but I think he could be a very good player for us.

How many good signings have we thought we have made over the years only for them to fail to adapt to the SPL icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Beasley the new Lovenkrands? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lovenkrands was fine when played in his preferred position.

Maybe the new Buffel is more appropriate.

I actually did not see the osasuna gers game, or any osasuna games for that matter. Is this Cueller bloke actually that good?

I would be right happy with DeMarcus, he may be a lightweight but they have to catch him first. 700,000 is pocket change, especially if we're willing to pay 1 million for mcculloch.. ffs!

Dinca Rat has always been decent in football manager, that's all i can say with regards to him.. haha

I wonder if Walter tried to get Tuncay, hell i still say any player would take rangers over middlesborough

Archived