What do you do when you're 3-0 down?

I remember I read in one of the dirty scumbag tabloids once, (not sure which one now, but i think it was NOTW -BRITISH MEDIA, spreading filth since 1950s)

anyway back on topic the article was about how ROY KEANe used to behave when his team were not performing whilst he was at charge of Sunderland...

Long story short, he used to apaprently karate kick the blackboards, and try and headbutt the players.

Therefore I feel that FM should implement these new 'strategies; for half time for the next version, who knows, perhaps you might even be able to come back from 5-0

Phisio report: player X is suffering from a broken nose following being head-butted... by you. He will be out for 12-15 months.

Did it recently, in a Champions League playoff round. We were 3-0 down at halftime. I can't recall the team talk I gave, it wasn't the angriest though - might have been reminding the team that the pressure was off, same as I gave at the start. I made two careful substitutions and kept the same formation. The team turned it around, kicked four goals and won 4-3. Then in the away leg, I parked the bus and won 1-0.

That comeback was worth 7 million euros to me, which was greater than the club's entire net worth at the time.

I was Limerick (Republic of Ireland team, taken by me from the first division to the top of the premier) and was playing Polish champions Wisla, they were heavily favoured to win but I usually find opposition teams from non-playable leagues underperform.

Yeah, basically, my philosophy is to keep it cool, trust my players, and realise everything may not always go my way. But sometimes faith goes a long way when mixed with fortune.

That is one of the saddest memories of my childhood. It's a horrible scene to have in a children's film.

Funnily enough, I can recall that scene vividly. I think it's the mixture of emotions that made the movie special, though. Much like life - and much like football :p

Did it recently, in a Champions League playoff round. We were 3-0 down at halftime. I can't recall the team talk I gave, it wasn't the angriest though - might have been reminding the team that the pressure was off, same as I gave at the start. I made two careful substitutions and kept the same formation. The team turned it around, kicked four goals and won 4-3. Then in the away leg, I parked the bus and won 1-0.

That comeback was worth 7 million euros to me, which was greater than the club's entire net worth at the time.

I was Limerick (Republic of Ireland team, taken by me from the first division to the top of the premier) and was playing Polish champions Wisla, they were heavily favoured to win but I usually find opposition teams from non-playable leagues underperform.

Yeah, basically, my philosophy is to keep it cool, trust my players, and realise everything may not always go my way. But sometimes faith goes a long way when mixed with fortune.

Funnily enough, I can recall that scene vividly. I think it's the mixture of emotions that made the movie special, though. Much like life - and much like football :p

definitely agree with the bold part - great philosophy and one that no doubt gives the players confidence too.. :thup:

Archived