Live from Moscow: The 2005 FMS Awards

Raptor

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy Ivan

Best Short Story... Let's see, can I still add the Jambos' title aspirations to the shortlist? No? Alright then, have it the official way:

BobBev, glamdring, gonch19, ReDeYe and Terk were up for it, but strangely, two finalists lost their backers in the second round, and a lot of people who could not be bothered to vote in round one turned out to be lazy b*stards, because given a shortlist, they DID vote.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

Okkas, late night training session with EffEmmEss FC caused your delay perhaps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to say yes. But the boys ahve had the week off the training lark in anticipation of the next game.

So all normal service, including training sessions, to be resumed tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

Hands Okkas bottle of Russia's finest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks my trusty lefty!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

Bah, don't believe you Okkas, you've been in some sleazy Loughborough bar getting trolleyed ain't you? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wish so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okkas:

Are there a few empty seats then OMDave? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only Spav ahs been here to receive so far I think, and that's out of four awards (if the vodka's not already messed up my counting)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okkas:

Are there a few empty seats then OMDave? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In here, plenty yes. Have a Guinness, it gets better after a couple icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

oh well down to the Scotsman, so tight he can't even afford to give up his time to come down here icon_mad.gif

Guess I'll have to drink his vodka for him then!

*Starts losing ability to speak co-c0 chenertly cohrenterly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glam isn't Scottish - he just likes writing about Scottish football.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">By the closest of margins </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

(I believe that is referred to as "a bee's dick" over here)

Well done, glamdring. icon14.gif

I'm rather surprised FMS doesn't shut down due to the amount of posts in such a short space of time!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On this one night, my 'refresh' button sees more action than during the rest of the year icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBev:

oh well down to the Scotsman, so tight he can't even afford to give up his time to come down here icon_mad.gif

Guess I'll have to drink his vodka for him then!

*Starts losing ability to speak co-c0 chenertly cohrenterly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glam isn't Scottish - he just likes writing about Scottish football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obviously suppressing some ingrained tendency to actually live there icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm rather surprised FMS doesn't shut down due to the amount of posts in such a short space of time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This si the one night of the year we FMSers can "do an OTF" and keep giving ourselves random and meaningless +1 posts to our karma-count

I'd probably think it was fffffb if I had any idea waht ffffffb stood for (can anyone enlighten me? am I just old?)

Roman Abramovich

The next award that shall be handed out is the award for Best Challenge Story. Over the years, the challenges have proven to be an integral part of FMS and many have produced excellent stories. Unfortunately, the interest in the challenges seems to be waning at the moment.

Anyway, on with the nominees.

BobBev - Fools Go Russian In (Russian Revolution)

BobBev - The Parkhead Panthers (The Lisbon Lions Challenge)

Brian of Nazareth - "If God wanted us to play football in the air..." ( Brian Clough Challenge )

Faramir - Troubled Visions- Faramir's Dream (Lord of the Rings Challenge)

haze.13 - (NSC) "...in Maastricht the seed is planted"

Peacemaker7 - Walking With the Angels - The Brian Clough Story

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm rather surprised FMS doesn't shut down due to the amount of posts in such a short space of time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This si the one night of the year we FMSers can "do an OTF" and keep giving ourselves random and meaningless +1 posts to our karma-count

I'd probably think it was fffffb if I had any idea waht ffffffb stood for (can anyone enlighten me? am I just old?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember the days I used to be in OTF. I was the holder for longest consecutive hours on SIGames. 30 summat hours. Talk about plenty of +1 posts icon_biggrin.gif

[THINKS]Those were the sad old days icon_frown.gif [/THINKS]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMDave:

On this one night, my 'refresh' button sees more action than during the rest of the year icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep Dave, I'm doing better now I realised that I can use the F5 button instead of returning to the front screen and releoading the thread. icon_rolleyes.gif

Roman Abramovich

And under a new Soviet management, there can only be one winner in this category. It’s a double for the elderly gent, the winner’s BobBev with Fools Go Russian In

I'd probably think it was fffffb if I had any idea waht ffffffb stood for (can anyone enlighten me? am I just old?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking fireflies! brilliant

the last but one word may not be true

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMDave:

I'm rather surprised FMS doesn't shut down due to the amount of posts in such a short space of time!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On this one night, my 'refresh' button sees more action than during the rest of the year icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooh-err - that's a new name for it (fnarr, fnarr)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

Yep Dave, I'm doing better now I realised that I can use the F5 button instead of returning to the front screen and releoading the thread. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't even know F5 did that. I just pressed the 'refresh' button in my browser icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the tip icon14.gif

Yep Dave, I'm doing better now I realised that I can use the F5 button instead of returning to the front screen and releoading the thread. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't even know F5 did that. I just pressed the 'refresh' button in my browser icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the tip icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif And I thought I was daft icon_wink.gif

Vladimir Romanov

Continuing with our awards, we move onto Best British Story. Of course, in future years, this award will be filled with characters from our glorious Mother Russia. But for now these will make do as nominees:

BobBev - Gretna Green - The Colour Of Money

displaced_seagull - Build a Bonfire - Scare a Rook

Faramir - A Harrowing Misadventure

Peacemaker7 - The Curious Incident of the Dog......oh Wait Thats Been Taken..…

Spav - The Unbeaten Run – Tale Of A "Fair Weather" Fan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBev:

*stops dancing for a second*

Thanks chaps, appreciate it icon_smile.gif

*starts dancing again* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

talk about milking it! icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif And I thought I was daft icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a love-hate relationship with my computer. 99% of it is hatred.

Archived