Live from Moscow: The 2005 FMS Awards

Raptor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

Maybe I'll have to actually get stuck in and write a decent story this year so I can pick up one of them nice looking writing awards next time around icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah get yourself a proper award rather than the mod award icon_razz.gif

Are you going to post a list of winners btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tidied up raptor's pathetic attempt instead.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob you bastard taking my character gong icon_mad.gif

Really shouldn't have voted for mcCardle icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

Ironically the internet which has plagued me for the past week at home seems to have fixed itself so i didnt need the internet cafe at all apparently icon_frown.gif Still I did need that stirfry so possibly worth it in the end -

cheers for the award guys, one day I might even complete one of those stories! icon_biggrin.gif

COngrats to all winners of the other awards all well deserved I reckon icon14.gif

and a big hand for the organisers of the event, who will be pleased to know that Russia is my intended next starting point, should I get round to writing one on it later on! I'll be buggered if I'm going commie though icon_razz.gif

A quick word of explanation first- with a wife and five kids- and being on American time- makes it nigh impossible to attend personally- though the drinking sounds wonderful icon_smile.gif

For the other award winners- you were all very worthy of them (and I voted for many of you- traded votes with you BobBev icon_smile.gif ). Beyond the normal congratulations, I want to thank everyone nominated for contributing to FMS- the core writers here are simply amazing and it is also excellent to see the new influx of writers.

I am humbled to receive writer of the year, it is truly an honor to be nominated for that one, and to be selected is...inspiring.

Coming from LLM to FMS- and continually starting at the lower levels- means perseverance is part of my normal nature, so thanks for the recognition on that.

Delusions of Grandeur was different- the most unsuccessful managing venture for me in CM or FM- but I have to give credit to all the kind comments I received in playing through it, those were really what kept the story going as long as it did.

Thanks again to Raptor and Terk- most of you see the contributions to the forum, but they offer more here than meets the eye (from someone who has seen that too). Thanks again guys.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A quick word of explanation first- with a wife and five kids- and being on American time- makes it nigh impossible to attend personally </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forget not being able to attend, when the hell do you get time to play and write icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

Bob you bastard taking my character gong icon_mad.gif

Really shouldn't have voted for mcCardle icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif

Ironically the internet which has plagued me for the past week at home seems to have fixed itself so i didnt need the internet cafe at all apparently icon_frown.gif Still I did need that stirfry so possibly worth it in the end -

cheers for the award guys, one day I might even complete one of those stories! icon_biggrin.gif

COngrats to all winners of the other awards all well deserved I reckon icon14.gif

and a big hand for the organisers of the event, who will be pleased to know that Russia is my intended next starting point, should I get round to writing one on it later on! I'll be buggered if I'm going commie though icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Bri - I was very surprised to see Stefan even make the shortlist to be honest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

By the closest of margins, the award for Best Short Story 2005 goes to glamdring, for Euro 2020 - a nation expects... (A short[ish!] story) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the award - I certainly wasn't expecting to win one so thanks very much to those who voted and for the congratulations earlier in the thread.

Sorry I wasn't present, but I couldn't get any flight tickets to Moscow icon_frown.gif (or I don't have internet access at home - take your pick icon_wink.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBev:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

oh well down to the Scotsman, so tight he can't even afford to give up his time to come down here icon_mad.gif

Guess I'll have to drink his vodka for him then!

*Starts losing ability to speak co-c0 chenertly cohrenterly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glam isn't Scottish - he just likes writing about Scottish football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*hadn't spotted that one when I replied!

Yep, it's true, I'm English, just obsessed with Scotland and Scottish football. If I could claim Scottish nationality I would icon_cool.gif

Apologies for the very late entry, but as of yet, I have no internet in my new home (hopefully later today), hence my absence from Moscow icon_frown.gif

Congratulations to all the winners, even the two who beat me.

And thanks to the organisers for an excellently put-together show. icon14.gif

Archived