Losing Quarterfinalists: 20pts - No

Lose in 2nd Round: 10pts - No

Finish 3rd in Group: 5pts - No

Bonus Points

Go Unbeaten: 15pts - No

Win Golden Boot: 15pts - No

Score 10 or more Group Stage Goals: 5pts - No

Concede <4 Group Stage Goals: 5pts - Yes

World Ranking: 9pts (If end of World Cup sees you ahead of Mexico, Chile & Nigeria [3pts per team]) -

No

Total Points = 5

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well so far so good in Portugal, i won my 1st game 4-1 and i beat Sporting CP 1-0 by very lucky goal (i may upload it in my review)

I was thinking you should do a challenge in ASIA as ive never managed there before.

PADROENSE - CHALLENGE 1 THE CUP OR THE LEAGUE - AIDANS ATTEMPT

i have two words to describe my attempt with Padroense, Epic Fail i won 2 games during my time with padroense, one a 4-2 victory over a virtually unknown Afghan team Nooristan (in a friendly to try to boost morale)

which btw didnt really work, and another and Ezmoriz in the league. My cup run came to a horrifying end as i lost 5-0 to Sporting, the league was also an astonishing failure and i managed to pick up a total of 15pts (including what happened before i joined) so i didnt like this challenge, which was maybe too much of a challenge for me but i carried on with it hoping that a few points would come, they didnt.

Win Taca de Portugal: 50pts no

TdP Runner Up: 25pts no

Make Semifinals: 15pts no

Relegated (14th/15th/16th): 0pts yes

Relegated in 13th: 2pts no

Survival (9th/10th/11th/12th): 5pts no

Top Half Finish: 15pts no

Winners: 50pts no

Bonus Points

Go Unbeaten: 15pts no

Win 5 Games: 5pts no

Score >51 Goals: 10pts (3 per Game) no

Concede <17 Goals: 10pts (1 per Game) no

woohoo, a grand total of......... 0pts !! YAY!

Screenies

http://img715.imageshack.us/i/padroensefutebolclubepa.jpg/ http://img24.imageshack.us/i/portugueseseconddivisio.jpg/

im undecided as to do bburn or sassuolo next ? any ideas ? i dont wanna do man u next i might save that for after but, im tempted by english leagues as i have a better knowledge of them who should i do out of those two ???

Challenge 9: Time for Caribbean Flair(jimbowmanuk)

Well not a very good overall performance for me in this challenge, soundly beaten by Peru in the friendly and Championships were just a disaster

Vs. Barbados Dominated this game but the finishing was awful just couldn't find the back of the net

Vs. Dominica Strikers really starting to annoy me now, their impotence involved a call from Pele(the international spokesman for not performing)

Vs. Puerto Rico managed to win this 1-0 but stats suggest it should've been a much higher margin

So I manged to finish 2nd in the group with only 3pts which meant I wasn't going to qualify for the next round

Group D final standings

Netherlands Antilles Results

so I was runner-up who didn't qualify that is all

Total 6Pts

Challenge 5: Risen from the Ashes (The Easy Road) LLR's Attempt

Wellington Phoenix FC

8542.gif

The Season

Phoenix vs Fury 4-1

Fitzsimons (54), Greenacre (57), Cornejo (61), Macallister (90+1)

Well it looked like it ended quite brilliantly as I took over before the Fury game and the team really stepped it up and claimed the minor premiership with ease. Good work as most of the players who needed to step up did, even the weakened defensive line. We wrapped up the game in a small 7 minute period in the second half.

Glory vs Phoenix 0-2 (Leg 1)

Macallister (37), OG (65)

This was a good start to the playoffs, we went and won after the longest away trip in League Football. DMac opened the scoring for us before halftime and we then pulled back a little bit, and the game was decided when a bouncing ball fell into the back of the net off a defender.

Phoenix vs Glory 1-1 (Leg 2) Agg: 3-1

Greenacre (58)

Well just solid enough to draw the second leg, it was good enough, by a small margin to get through to the final and guarantee that we would at least get a shot at the double. The loss of Ifill could hurt though as it meant Cornejo would have to play on the wrong side and youngster Rojas would have to play on the left.

Phoenix vs Gold Coast 3-0

Diego (17), Cornejo (84), Durante (90+7)

The boys went out there to attack from the start, we had a couple of goals disallowed early on, and then it looked like we were going to be in trouble as DMac was sent off for a completely terrible tackle. Blatantly he took them down from behind and he had the studs up as well. We then saw the manager sitting on the sideline biting his nails all the way through to the 84th minute and then the celebrations were on, and even more so when Captain Durante scored well into injury time to finish it all off.

Hall of Fame

League Table

Minor Premiership

Player of the Year

Foreign Player of Year

Finals Victory

Double

Points System

Pts in this challenge are added together

Win Minor Premiership: 15pts YES

Win Major Semifinal: 10pts YES

Win Grand Final: 20pts YES

Bonus Points

Never need Extra Time: 15pts YES

Score 3 Goals per Game: 10pts (10 Goals in 4 Games) NO

Concede less than 1 goal per game: 5pts (2 Goals in 4 Games) YES

One Player Scores 4 Goals: 10pts NO

Complete Double: 10pts YES

Total Points: 75pts

Only just come across this thread and really like the look of some of the challenges. Is it okay if I go back to the start and do all the challenges or do I just have to di the most recent?

You can do them in any order you like you could do the Man utd 1st if you want then follow it up with Wolves, theres no time limits on them just make sure you add screenshots to verify your points

Was going to start this before but got busy, so going to start with the Croat challenge, seeing as in my actual career game, i am manager of Crotia and Ipswich :)

GRRRR probably my best midfielder Badelji is injured before the tournament starts for 2 months :(

So, after getting a tad bored with my Arsenal save, I've decided to crack on with some of these.

I'm currently downloading challenges 3-11, but will only get 1 or 2 done before I go on holiday tomorrow, then when I'm back from my holidays, I have to revise for my uni exams, but as the challenges are short, may get a couple done in between revision sessions.

Fired up Challenge 3: The Mainztay. Nabbed a last minute equaliser in the cup vs Dortmund, before winning 4-2 on pens :)

Signed Mauricio Pineda and Andrey Belousov on loan from Newells and Cottbus respectively to cover us on the wings, and Loris Arnaud on loan to cover up top. Pineda scored the first penalty and assisted the goal on his debut to have very positive impact. Awaiting Szalai and Allagui before I feel we can really kick on.

Belousov then goes and scores to give us the lead at home vs Bayern :), which we then lost 2-1 :( This was followed by narrow losses to Kaiserslauten and Furth, before wins against Hannover, Hertha and Wolfsburg (to reach the Cup Final!)

Challenge 3 - The Mainztay

So, the post above sums up the start of the save. Adam Szalai was excellent for me. Having not scored a single goal before my arrival, and with very little game time, he eventually returned to score 6 goals in 8 games in the league. His only appearance in the cup came in the final vs Hoffenheim, where he scored 2 excellent goals to give us victory!

After the Wolfsburg game, we were harshly beaten at home to Schalke conceding in the 86th minute after Neuer turned out a MOTM performance. Wins against Werder, Dusseldorf and Wolfsburg followed, before being bought back to earth by another cruel defeat to Hoffenheim. A win against Frankfurt, then draws against Cottbus and Freiburg followed, before being beaten by the excellent Leverkusen. We rounded off the season with a storming 5-3 win at home to Dortmund.

So came the cup final. A nervy start levelled out, and on 42 minutes Szalai was sent clear in the inside right channel, and he finished excellently to beat the keeper at his near post from 20 yards. Half time came and went. along with 2 injuries, to Ivanschitz and Arnaud. The first highlight shown in the 2nd half didn't come until the 76th minute, when a long throw was nodded in by Jefferson Montero. However, 3 minutes later, the game was done, some clever play on the left wing allowed Szalai to get free 15 yards from goal, and he curled it past the keeper low into the far corner. Then we were the CHAMPIONS.

In the end, we conceded 21 and scored 32.

Finish 11th - 14th: 8pts - Yes (13th)

Win German Cup: 25pts - Yes (2-1 vs Hoffenheim)

Bonus Points

Win 10 Games: 10pts - Yes (10)

Total: 43 points

I've had a bit of time away playing a different save for a couple of weeks but I'm back to have a go at another challenge now.

This time I've gone for the Sassuolo challenge as I've always enjoyed managing in Italy in the past. I'll hopefully get it finished over tonight and tomorrow.

I also like how there's only actually the Italian leagues loaded on this one so I'll be able to carry this save on at a good speed if I enjoy it, unlike the other multiple country saves.

Challenge 1: The Cup Or The League?

Screenshots:

League

Fixtures

Taca de Portugal

Points System

Win Taca de Portugal: 50pts - No

TdP Runner Up: 25pts - Yes

Make Semifinals: 15pts - Yes

Relegated (14th/15th/16th): 0pts - Yes

Relegated in 13th: 2pts - No

Survival (9th/10th/11th/12th): 5pts - No

Top Half Finish: 15pts - No

Winners: 50pts - No

Bonus Points

Win 5 Games: 5pts - Yes

Score >51 Goals: 10pts (3 per Game) - No

Concede <17 Goals: 10pts (1 per Game) - No

Total Points = 45

Challenge 2: Are You Stan Culis?

Screenshots:

League

Fixtures

Top Goal Scorer

Points System

Finish below 4th: 0pts - No

Finish 4th: 5pts - No

Finish 3rd: 10pts - Yes

Runners Up: 30pts - No

Winners: 40pts - No

Bonus Points

Go Unbeaten: 10pts - No

Win 10 Games: 7pts - Yes

Score >42 Goals: 10pts (3 per Game) - No

Concede <14 Goals: 10pts (1 per Game) - No

Fletcher EPL Top Goalscorer: 5pts - Yes

Total Points = 22

Challenge 3: The Mainstay.

Screenshots:

League

Fixtures

Points System

Relegated: 0pts - No

Avoid Relegation (Playoff): 2pts - No

Avoid Relegation (Finish 15th): 5pts - No

Finish 11th - 14th: 8pts - No

Finish 7th - 10th: 10pts - Yes

Europa Qualification: 20pts - No

Champs League Qual: 35pts - No

Bundesliga Champions: 50pts - No

Bonus Points

Win 10 Games: 10pts - Yes

Score >48 Goals: 10pts (3 per Game) - No

Concede <16 Goals: 10pts (1 per Game) - No

Sebastian Freis Top German Cup Goalscorer: 5pts - No

Total Points = 20

Challenge 4: Do You Have The Heart? (The Hard Road)

Screenshots:

Fixtures

Top Goal Scorer

Points System

Lose on Penalties in Minor Semifinal: 1pt - No

Win Minor Semifinal: 5pts - Yes

Lose on Penalties in Minor Final: 2pts - No

Win Minor Final: 7pts - Yes

Lose in Extra Time Preliminary Final: 1pt - No

Lose on Penalties in Preliminary Final: 3pts - No

Win on Penalties in Preliminary Final: 7pts - No

Win Preliminary Final: 10pts - Yes

Lose on Penalties in Grand Final: 4pts - No

Win Grand Final: 20pts - Yes (This would be worth a total of 39 & 42pts)

Bonus Points

Never need Extra Time: 15pts - Yes (Must win Grand Final)

Score 3 Goals per Game: 10pts - No

Concede less than 1 goal per game: 5pts - Yes

One Player Scores 4 Goals: 10pts - Yes

Total Points = 72

Yeah i kinda had a day to myself cus' the missus was doing college work and i needed a break from the xbox plus its a bank holiday here but we couldnt afford to go out drinking again so it was FM all day with afew cans :D should be same again today i think.

Challenge 5: Risen From The Ashes (The Easy Road)

Screenshots:

Fixtures

Points System

Win Minor Premiership: 15pts - No

Win 1 Leg of Major Semi: 5pts (And Lose) - No

Win Major Semifinal: 10pts - No

Win Minor Final: 7pts - No

Win Preliminary Final: 10pts - No

Win Grand Final: 20pts - No (This would be worth a total of 39 & 42pts)

Bonus Points

Never need Extra Time: 15pts - No (Must win Grand Final)

Score 3 Goals per Game: 10pts - No

Concede less than 1 goal per game: 5pts - No

One Player Scores 4 Goals: 10pts - No

Complete Double: 10pts - No

Total Points = 5

You can only get points for one of these so we will go with the 25pts and a total of 30pts for this challenge, I will continue adding your points

Ohh my bad sorry, wasn't quite sure suppose i should of asked lol

And that great run has seen Dangermouse jump to the top of the standings with the win as Melbourne Heart being the major points boost.

Wow im please my hard work has payed off :D although i found Melbourne so much easier than Wellington Phoenix FC which just seemed to have players injured all over the place and they loved it, in my last match with them i had a Red card and 3 injurers 1 of which i couldn't sub due to using 3 already so ended the match with 9 men...the joys.

Wow im please my hard work has payed off :D although i found Melbourne so much easier than Wellington Phoenix FC which just seemed to have players injured all over the place and they loved it, in my last match with them i had a Red card and 3 injurers 1 of which i couldn't sub due to using 3 already so ended the match with 9 men...the joys.

All Good on the mistaken points, and yeah I found Heart tough, luckily with the Phoenix I managed to scrape through with a ridiculous team in the first game, I couldn't even fill the bench, and then slowly I managed to get the team up to fitness. I thought it was stupid that there was empty spaces in the salaryt cap, but three key players unregistered...no idea what was going on there.

All Good on the mistaken points, and yeah I found Heart tough, luckily with the Phoenix I managed to scrape through with a ridiculous team in the first game, I couldn't even fill the bench, and then slowly I managed to get the team up to fitness. I thought it was stupid that there was empty spaces in the salaryt cap, but three key players unregistered...no idea what was going on there.

I had the exact same view on this, 1st match i had 3 subs but i knew the more i progressed the more players i would get back to fitness, while the club had 3 unregistered players which would of eased the pressure.

Oh well on to the next, Which is Blackburn :D

• 2 weeks later...
I had the exact same view on this, 1st match i had 3 subs but i knew the more i progressed the more players i would get back to fitness, while the club had 3 unregistered players which would of eased the pressure.

Oh well on to the next, Which is Blackburn :D

Good Luck with Blackburn, the Nix situation confused me as that is my hometown club and they would've registered those 3 players without question, I think there may be an issue with the A-League and the AI understanding the Salary Cap rules...

Anyway a couple more challenges should be coming this weekend, sorry for no new ones in a while...

So I just started the "A Single Point" Challenge, and realised why the club has fallen on hard times, their best players across the park ar out injured, its going to be 3 weeks before I can field my top side... Hoping by then I can start scoring points and fight to avoid relegation.

• 3 weeks later...

Jambo 98 - Challenge 1 - The Cup or the League

So finally ages after saying i was going to do this, i got round to starting the first challenge!!

It was an epic challenge i must admit, the tea, sucks, the wage budget is unbelievable and much work to be done! I managed to get the wage level down to below budget but releasing almost all the youth and reserves, and some first teamers. I then brought in 8 new players (all frees obviously) including 2 young wingers, 2 experienced centre midfielders and a 31yr old striker who would turn out to be a saviour.

For the first few games i thought there was no chance of survival, although i managed to beat Sporting Lisbon in the cup. From then it was a great run, with a couple of devastating defeats thrown in to keep my doubts going! (one game from 2 nil up at half time to a 3 v 2 loss....). In the end it went to the last game and we stayed up on goal difference!

So in summary:

Manager Profile

Fixtures

League Table

Win Taca de Portugal: 50pts - No

TdP Runner Up: 25pts - No

Make Semifinals: 15pts - Yes

Relegated (14th/15th/16th): 0pts - No

Relegated in 13th: 2pts - No

Survival (9th/10th/11th/12th): 5pts - Yes

Top Half Finish: 15pts - No

Winners: 50pts - No

Bonus Points

Win 5 Games: 5pts - Yes

Score >51 Goals: 10pts (3 per Game) - No

Concede <17 Goals: 10pts (1 per Game) - Yes

Total Points = 30

On to challenge 2!!

Jambo 98 - Challenge 2 - Are you Stan Cullis?

In a word, no.....

But was a fun challenge anyway, in the end the top 3 were just too good to catch, but secured 4th by a distance and the added bonus of going unbeaten :)

League Table

Fixtures

Top Goalscorers

So on the points:

Finish below 4th: 0pts - No

Finish 4th: 5pts - Yes

Finish 3rd: 10pts - No

Runners Up: 30pts - No

Winners: 40pts - No

Bonus Points

Go Unbeaten: 10pts - Yes

Win 10 Games: 7pts - No

Score >42 Goals: 10pts (3 per Game) - No

Concede <14 Goals: 10pts (1 per Game) - Yes

Fletcher EPL Top Goalscorer: 5pts - Yes

Total Points = 30pts

Challenge 8, The Group Of Death

Shadaza: Challenge 1

Screen Shots:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/scottishpridegroup.png/The Group Stage

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/scottishpridewin.png Knock Out Stages

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/scottishpriderankings.png/World Rankings

Epic Story Time:

So the World Cup circus finally arrived in Brazil. Already the Scottish fans were dancing in the streets thrilled to have even made the World Cup, for they don't make many. The Highland fans whenever interviewed would proudly boast that their national team would win the whole contest but surley this was just a facade. Having taken the post of manager in December it was going to take some effort to even justify Scotlands entry to the World Cup and the seemingly ludicrous ranking of 10th in the world, ahead of the English even!

I was determined to stay optimistic no matter what. One Pre World cup friendly was scheduled, one opportunity to test players before deciding my final 23, if picking the 26 players for the friendly was a hard choice, then deciding which 3 talented proud footballers to send home was seemingly impossible! The results of that friendly were a mixed bag thats for sure, the trip down to Bosnia led to a scrappy 1-1 drawn, Steven Naismith scoring the late equaliser and securing his plane ticket to Brazil. On the one hand not beating a team that failed to even qualify was disheartning, for an away game it could have been worse.

Opponent 1:Nigeria

Arguably the weakest team in the group, a result against them was crucial, thankfully my team wasted no time in getting stuck in with Leigh Griffiths scoring a lob over the keeper and his first international goal after just 3 minutes! Steven Fletcher was playing like a man possesed and in the opening half hour was dribbling past the Nigerian Defenders as if they were not there numerous times, finding the net after 25 minutes. The Nigerians pulled 1 back but Charlie Adam scored a curler from out side of the box. Whilst the team was dangerous going forward, the Scottish defence seemed very nervous, as on the brink of half time Nigeria scored again to make the score 3-2 with 45 minutes left. Steven Fletcher scored shortly after the second half began to make the game look safe, however Danny Wilson botched a tackle in the Scottish penalty box giving Nigeria a spot kick which they took full advantage of to make the score 4-3 with 10 minutes left to play, fortunatly that is how the game finished, first blood to Scotland then! Mixed feeling about the game, upfront we look lethal, but in defence we seemed vulnerable, hopefully this was down to the physical strength of the Nigerian forwards and won't prove a weakness against the smaller more agillity based Mexicans. Oh and Steven Fletcher became Scotlands all time top goal scorer, thats nice.

Scotland 4 Nigeria 3

Griffths, S.Fletcher (x2), Adam - Obasi (x2) Taiwo(pen)

Opponent 2:Mexico

How about this from a change in tempo from Nigeria! Mexico had lost their first match against Chilie 2-0 and they need a result here otherwise it could be game over for them.

Mexico and Javier Hernandez looked set to be a real danger, and whilst Hernadez made a couple of dangerous looking runs, thats about as far as Mexico came to scoring goals on their own merit! James McFadden proved he still had talent the wrong end of 30 by scoring an impressive lob just before the half time whistle to put Scotland ahead at half time. Mexico just never seemed to get in to the game, they had plenty of ball out in the wings but just couldn't make it in to the box with Caldwell and Wilson proving to be rocks in defence however Wilson, the same rock who conceded a penalty last time out was unfortunate to be the cause of a Mexican goal, when an opportunistic cross deflected off the Liverpool player and went in to the net for Mexico to, frankly undeservedly, equalise. This wasn't good enough for Steven Fletcher who from his own half sprinted though practically the entire Mexican team and scored his 3rd goal of the tournament, winning the game for Scotland 2-1! Chilie went on to beat Nigeria 2-0 so with both Nigeria and Mexico on 0 and Scotland and Chilie on 6 points with only 3 remaning, Scotland have qualified for the knock out stages!

So thats it, mission accomplished in terms of goals this tournament, make the knock out stages, anything else would just be a Bonus

Scotland 2 Mexico 1

McFadden, S.Fletcher - Wilson (og)

Opponent 3:Chile

So with Brazil looking the most likley to win their group the fight for this group win looked crucial because nobody wants to take on Brazil on a normal day, let alone a world cup fixture in Brazil! Some of the Scottish players were looking tired for this match, so with qualifying assured Charlie Adam and James McFadden were rested and instead room was made for legends, Kenney Miller and Lee McCulloch. Unfortunatly the same fluid Scotland team that turned up against Nigeria and Mexico failed to make an appearance against a strong Chile side. With play, especially finishing seemed sloppy. Danny Wilson, the inadvetant villain of the first two games made amend by scoring in the right net this time following a corner, thats about as far as Scotland looked dangerous this match, though gratefully we did have the lead at half time. Chile came at us straight at the kick off in the second half and Sanchez ran rings around defence to equalise at 1-1. This would put Scotland 2nd in the group on goal difference and I certainly did not want to face Brazil! Steven Fletcher brought some magic to the game with mere seconds remaining, only to fail at the 1 on 1 situation, the game ended a draw. So it looked apparant that Scotland would have to face mighty Brazil right, WRONG. Romania had shown strong form by drawing against the hosts in game 1, they then went on to win their next two games and defeated Brazil on goal difference, so the knock out round would be, Scotland vs Romania.

Scotland 1 Chile 1

Wilson - Sanchez

Opponent 4: Romania. Last 16

Romania were certainly in good form to win their group and as the match kicked off they proved they deserved it! Scotland were nowhere during the first half and Bogdan Stancu scored a deserved goal for Romania and put us down 1-0 at half time. Scotland would not go down fighting, and fight they did! As soon as the second half kicked off Scotland went ballistic, with Romania having barley any time with the ball because of the flying tackles delivered by the mad men in blue. This obviously flustered the Romanians because their perfect defence hit a blip when Steven Fletcher was clearly taken down in the penalty area, giving Scotland their first penalty of the tournament, Steven Fletcher got straight back up from the tackle and slotted the penalty in to the corner of the net, 1-1. This only led to more violence between the two teams with no less then 8 yellow cards handed to the Scotland team, unfortunatly 2 of these had gone to Gary Cladwell and we were down to 10 men. Worse was to come when Romania decided to take aim at Steven Fletcher until his poor tendon was ruptured, thats his contribution to the world cup finished, and he was in such good form too. Since by this stage all the subs had been used we were now down to 9 men against a determined strong Romanian side, it seemed like it would take a miracle to hold on. Extra time came to attempt to seperate the sides and amazingly James McFadden cropped up to score a goal just at the death of the first half of extra time to put Scotland 2-1 up with just 15 minutes to play! Romania knew they had to do something drastic and they pilled men forward come the last 15 minutes. Craig Gordon pulled of save after save but he couldn't save an effort from Razvan Rat and the Romanians equalised with barley any time left at all. This was going down to penalties *gulp*.

It wasn't the greatest start to a penalty shoot out ever, McFadden, the hero come extra time, hit the post with his effort whilst the Romanian counterpart netted his. Fortunatly, his was the only Scottish miss as John Fleck, Graham Dorrans, Charlie Mulgrew and Darren Fletcher all scored their goals. Whilst an exhausted Adrian Ropotan missed his penalty, the second Romanian miss, to put the hard battling Eastern Europians out. Scotland's next opponenet would be either Germany or the Czech Republic, news just in, the Czech's defeated the Germans so it is another Eastern Europe opponent for the mighty Scottish team!

Scotland 2(P) Romania 2

S.Fletcher,McFadden - Stancu, Rat

Opponent 5: Czech Republic. Quarter Finals

It was an impressive effort for either of these two teams to make it this far. Both teams were eager to make it to the semi final, and only one could.

Fortuantly for us, the Czech Republic didn't appear to show up to day, Lee WALLACE the LB made a break FOR FREEDOM and from his own half seemingly effortlessly dribbled passed the Czech defences and scored a low curling shot on 14 minutes. This is where the game seemingly ended as Scotland not wanting to risk losing their lead hung back whilst the Czech's seemingly did nothing in terms of a response, Scotland had made it to the Semi Finals! The next opponent turns out to be, of all nations, SPAIN who defeated Urugauy on penalties, the easy road (if you can call it that) ends here.

Scotland 1 Czech Republic 0

Wallace

Opponent 6:Spain

On to the Semi Finals of the competion, whilst Scottish and Czech fans were watching what turned out to be a dull game, I am sure most of the world would have been more intrested in the big match of the entire tournament, Brazil vs Argentina. Of the great rivals it was Argentina, the current number 1 in the world, that got the better of their hosts and went on to a closley fought 2-1 victory to the Argentines. The Argentinians would be up against England, who had brushed past surprise side Mali and a strong Croatian team. But on to the Scotland fixture, Spain. With Spains squad of house hold legends this almost looked like the end before the match had even started. Despite this Scotland started brightly, The defence held and Spain looked vulnerable to counter attacks, however it was the world champions who scored the first wound, danger man Iniesta unmarked scored a volly from 6 yards 5 minutes from the half time break. The half was far from done though when Leigh Griffiths scored an outstanding goal from outside the Spanish Penalty box which curled in to the top corner, score at half time 1-1.

Confidence was high in the dressing room, Spain could be beaten! Soon after the kick off James McFadden slid in to the Spanish penalty box and blasted the ball at Casillas, Griffiths was there for the rebound and scored his second of the match to put Scotland ahead! The match was very exciting as the ball flew box to box between the determined sides, Alvaro Domminguez equalised for Spain only for Danny Wilson to score a header just 2 minutes later to put Scotland back in front with just 8 minutes left on the clock. 90 minutes had elapsed and the game was in injury time when Sergio Canales scored a powerful header from the fringe of the box to equalise the game. With no more fingernails left and perhaps even part of a finger missing the mood was mixed in the dressing room. This game could go any way and the tired players knew it, nothing more could be said then "good luck." The first half of extra time begun and both sides were at eachothers necks with no sign of nervousness from either team, Alan Hutton launched the ball in to a crowded Spanish penalty box and the ball bounced around like it was in a pinball machine then suddenly GOAL!!!! Griffiths had popped up again and that was his hatrick! The second half of extra time was away, Scotland were still all attack, so much for defence, after a failed attempt by McFadden Casilles cleared the ball ony for it to find the head of McCulluch who created plenty of space for, guess who, Griffiths who majestically slotted in his 4th goal of the game to seal the victory for Scotland, WOW what a game, Scotland are in the FINAL against either the world number 1 Argentina or bitter rivals England.

Scotland 5 Spain 3

Griffiths (x4) Wilson - Iniesta, Dominguez, Canales

The Final will be played against....ARGENTINA, who defeated England on penalties (go figure)

Opponent 7:Argentina. The World Cup Final.

It's a dream, surley it's just a dream, no it's not it's real, huh oh, Lionel Messi is suspended because of yellow cards, thats great, oh wait so is Leigh Griffiths.

So it's the day of the final, those expecting a similar game to that against Spain would be dissapointed, unfortunatly as finals go, it was about as boring as can be, 90 minutes went by and besides a hilarious miss from Mascherano Argentina really did nothing, Scotland had a few chances but with Steven Fletcher and Griffiths unavaliable and the other prolific stricker McFadden exhauseted after just 45 minutes the strike force had to be Miller and Naismith who were hardly inspiring. The first 15 minutes of extra time flew by and as far as highlights were concerned not a blip. With penalties looking likley against a surprisingly cautious Argentine side suddenly a wild goal appeared. The Scottish fans are going to be partying for a century as the goal came off the head of Danny Wilson and in to the Argentinian net with just 2 minutes of play remaining, magical, simply magical.

Scotland 1 Argentina 0

Wilson.

Whilst the golden boot looked possible for Fletcher then Griffiths, Fernando Torres took the award with 6 goals.

Danny Wilson despite his horror start to the campaign made it to the World Cup best 11, joint by team mate Lee Wallace the LB, Steven Fletcher made the bench of the first 11 a strong result for him considering his injury.

So thats a world cup win for Scotland, rank number 1 in the world, and following the defeat of Romania in the knock out stages, Euro Cup champions Napoli offered me the job of manager, my work is done here :)

Points System

Win the World Cup: 75pts - YES75

Finish Runners-up: 60pts -

Losing Semifinalists: 40pts -

Losing Quarterfinalists: 20pts -

Lose in 2nd Round: 10pts -

Finish 3rd in Group: 5pts -

Bonus Points

Go Unbeaten: 15pts - YES 15

Win Golden Boot: 15pts - No

Score 10 or more Group Stage Goals: 5pts - No

Concede <4 Group Stage Goals: 5pts - No

World Ranking: 9pts (If end of World Cup sees you ahead of Mexico, Chile & Nigeria [3pts per team]) -

Yes, ahead of all 3! 9

Total Points = 99

Jambo 98 - Challenge 3 - The Mainz Stay

Well this was another fun one, didnt like the squad i inherited much, lots of overpaid ageing players. Made 6 signings in the short time left, including key Centre Half, DM and CM.

After a tricky start (scraped past Dortmund in the cup, spanked by Munchen) we got going and ended on an epic run to clinch 6th in the league. I had assumed this meant Europe (going by the OP description of the points?) but it seems not? None the less, the cup was secured in spectacular fashion meaning we had Europe anyway.

League Table

Fixtures

German Cup scorers

Relegated: 0pts - No

Avoid Relegation (Playoff): 2pts - No

Avoid Relegation (Finish 15th): 5pts - No

Finish 11th - 14th: 8pts - No

Finish 7th - 10th: 10pts - No

Europa Qualification: 20pts - Yes

Champs League Qual: 35pts - No

Bundesliga Champions: 50pts - No

Win German Cup: 25pts - Yes

German Cup Runner Up: 10pts - No

Make Semifinals: 5pts - No

Bonus Points

Win 10 Games: 10pts - Yes

Score >48 Goals: 10pts (3 per Game) - No

Concede <16 Goals: 10pts (1 per Game) - No

Sebastian Freis Top German Cup Goalscorer: 5pts - Yes

Total Points = 60pts

Jambo 98 - Challenge 4 - Do you have the heart?

Not so much, no........This one wasnt really my cup of tea, not a league/area i am familiar with playing in and no ability to make signings etc. None the less gave it a go, edged through the first game just about.

Second game we were 2 nil down and down to 10 men after 34mins and it looked all over. Somehow we clawed it back to 2 all by fulltime, had 2 players injured and no decents subs, yet amazingly took the lead in 99mins! Sadly got pulled back after 107mins and in the shoot out we just didnt have enough.

Fixtures

Points System

Lose on Penalties in Minor Final: 2pts - Yes

Win Grand Final: 20pts (This would be worth a total of 39 & 42pts) - No

Bonus Points

Never need Extra Time: 15pts (Must win Grand Final) - - No

Score 3 Goals per Game: 10pts - Yes

Concede less than 1 goal per game: 5pts - No

One Player Scores 4 Goals: 10pts - No

TOTAL - 17pts

Jambo 98 - Challenge 5 - Risen from the Ashes

Same league as last time, so again not a huge fan of it, but very different result :)

Was slightly surprised how straightforward this turned out to be, Cornejo was a class above and helped me to the double.

I am a bit unsure on how the points work, i have assumed that the "3 goals per game" is an average, not 3 in every match, so feel free to take the points off if i have it wrong!

Fixtures

Finals Goalscorers

Points System

Win Minor Premiership: 15pts - Yes

Win 1 Leg of Major Semi: 5pts (And Lose) - No

Win Major Semifinal: 10pts - Yes

Win Minor Semifinal: 5pts - No

Win Grand Final: 20pts - Yes (This would be worth a total of 39 & 42pts)

Bonus Points

Never need Extra Time: 15pts - No (Must win Grand Final)

Score 3 Goals per Game: 10pts - Yes

Concede less than 1 goal per game: 5pts - Yes

One Player Scores 4 Goals: 10pts - Yes

Complete Double: 10pts - Yes

TOTAL = 80pts

Archived